Wed, Oct 2, 9:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: A new girl in town...

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2024 at 3:47 PM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 9:32 PM

Looks like Dawn 2 is finally being released. Soon. (Hopefully not DAZ soon, lol.) They're supposed to announce it tomorrow.

I can't wait. She really looks amazing.

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2024 at 10:06 AM

Not in the RMP yet, but here's the announcement:

https://www.renderosity.com/article/28768/the-wait-is-over-hivewire-3ds-dawn-2

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2024 at 1:34 PM

Hurray!  That is a figure I can get behind.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2024 at 4:42 PM

Promo renders looks stunning. Now just need to know a. when it will be out and b. which of those renders was done in which software.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2024 at 9:01 AM · edited Thu, 12 September 2024 at 9:01 AM

Also, heads up, if you comment on the article linked above, it will be placed in moderation. I submitted one yesterday, it's still not posted. 

I understand the need to moderate, but that speed is a bit slow. 

JoePublic ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2024 at 10:43 AM

Looks like they're afraid of less than enthusiastic comments.  Can't imagine why?  ;-P

All I have to say is: If they would have wanted a better looking, better bending Dawn, they could have had that 11 years ago:

https://www.renderosity.com/forums/threads/2871446

For Free.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2024 at 10:54 AM

From the comments and such that have been posted over the years (!) at Hivewire, the emphasis isn't so much on better looking and better bending. They want to make her more morphable, easier for vendors to customize, and to take advantage of the new features of DS and Poser. Some of the "ethnic" faces posted are stunning.

I think that was the main problem with the original Dawn. It was so difficult to make her look different. She wasn't ugly, but she was instantly recognizable.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2024 at 11:34 AM
Site Admin

All comments for all articles are moderated.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Rhia474 ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2024 at 1:27 PM

RedPhantom posted at 11:34 AM Thu, 12 September 2024 - #4489236

All comments for all articles are moderated.

Which is fine, let me be clear, spam is a constant issue. But it makes an odd impression when they are held for over 24 hours.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2024 at 1:45 PM

Cath said at Hivewire that Dawn 2 should be in the RMP next week, if all goes according to plan. (Knock on wood.)

Rhia474 ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2024 at 2:04 PM

Sweet, eager to try.

odf ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2024 at 7:19 PM

Can't wait to play dress-up with the new doll.

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2024 at 12:59 AM

She's in the RMP now!!!!

Nevertrumper ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2024 at 12:59 AM

Dawn 2 is out.
I've never liked the first Dawn, but Dawn 2 looks indeed very promising.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2024 at 1:25 PM

YES!!!!!!!!

I am so excited, I am ready to put her to work.

Well, after I download the new Poser interation & pay for what is in my cart.

TimaC ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2024 at 2:51 PM
Site Admin Online Now!
Rhia474 posted at 9:01 AM Thu, 12 September 2024 - #4489227

Also, heads up, if you comment on the article linked above, it will be placed in moderation. I submitted one yesterday, it's still not posted. 

I understand the need to moderate, but that speed is a bit slow. 

Comments are moderated due to spam comments being posted, we approve them as fast as we can, there are several of us that check several times a day depending on our workload :)

TimaC ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2024 at 2:52 PM
Site Admin Online Now!
JoePublic posted at 10:43 AM Thu, 12 September 2024 - #4489230

Looks like they're afraid of less than enthusiastic comments.  Can't imagine why?  ;-P

All I have to say is: If they would have wanted a better looking, better bending Dawn, they could have had that 11 years ago:

https://www.renderosity.com/forums/threads/2871446

For Free.

All comments are moderated, we aren't deleting the ones that we don't personally agree with, however, comments also have to abide by the TOS :)

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2024 at 5:12 PM

My computer has decided it hates Poser and won't run it. Mutter, grumble. No D2 renders for me today, unless I figure out what's going on. I have a feeling there's something wrong with my video card. 

Rhia474 ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2024 at 5:17 PM
randym77 posted at 5:12 PM Fri, 13 September 2024 - #4489275

My computer has decided it hates Poser and won't run it. Mutter, grumble. No D2 renders for me today, unless I figure out what's going on. I have a feeling there's something wrong with my video card. 

Ohnoes, I hope that is just a glitch!! Keeping my fingers crossed for an easy fix.

RobZhena ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2024 at 3:57 PM

My initial experimentation in Poser 11 with conforming Dawn clothing items is encouraging. In fact, the situation is similar to what I discovered conforming La Femme garments to La Femme 2. Counter-intuitively, do not copy joint zones from. Moving the hip forward a bit gets most clothing about right, and a little work with the Morph Brush, and you are good to go. With shoes and boots, do not copy joint zones from. Pose the foot and toes, and you again are close enough to make things right with the Morph Brush. To me, this makes Dawn 2.0 immediately useful.

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2024 at 5:20 PM

Have you updated your video drivers lately?

odf ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2024 at 6:45 PM

Quick heads-up: I found that when I use "zero figure" on Dawn 2, it turns off the JCMs. Her joints don't all look great even with JCMs, but that's what dynamic clothes are for. 😁 Anyway, I think she's looking quite good overall and has a lot of neat features built in from the get-go. 👍

RobZhena ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2024 at 7:02 PM
odf posted at 6:45 PM Sat, 14 September 2024 - #4489339

Quick heads-up: I found that when I use "zero figure" on Dawn 2, it turns off the JCMs. Her joints don't all look great even with JCMs, but that's what dynamic clothes are for. 😁 Anyway, I think she's looking quite good overall and has a lot of neat features built in from the get-go. 👍

Good to know! Must use zero rotations.

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 14 September 2024 at 8:54 PM

DeeceyArt posted at 5:20 PM Sat, 14 September 2024 - #4489334

Have you updated your video drivers lately?
I've updated all my drivers, as well as my BIOS. I reinstalled Windows 11. Nothing seems to help. The problems with Poser seem to be getting worse. 

I do have an old laptop with Poser on it. I can use that. Though I don't dare use Superfly on it.

ghostship2 ( ) posted Sun, 22 September 2024 at 3:14 PM

So now that Dawn 2 is out and I've had it since like day 1...where the hell are all the cool, high res characters and clothing sets that I've seen over at Hivewire in their forums? the coolest thing I've seen so far is Ken's dial script for her.

Also there was ZERO fanfare about D2's release.The banner didn't even have ad copy on it so you knew what the hell it was selling.

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sun, 22 September 2024 at 4:04 PM

ghostship2 posted at 3:14 PM Sun, 22 September 2024 - #4489611

So now that Dawn 2 is out and I've had it since like day 1...where the hell are all the cool, high res characters and clothing sets that I've seen over at Hivewire in their forums? the coolest thing I've seen so far is Ken's dial script for her.

Also there was ZERO fanfare about D2's release.The banner didn't even have ad copy on it so you knew what the hell it was selling.

There was an email, but that's about it ; as per usual 98% of ads on this site are for DAZ products, despite the fact that Poser is their own software (I'll die on this hill). And the high rez stuff is coming per Cath over at the Hivewire forums, she is working on finishing them.

I agree though, the lack of content right now probably doesn't help, especially after the long wait.

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2024 at 11:21 AM

It is disappointing that there's not more stuff for Dawn 2, considering the delay. Literally years since they said she would be released soon. 

Though it sounds like part of it is changes to Superfly (and maybe DS as well?)  There have been two new versions of Poser released since work on D2 started.

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2024 at 11:27 AM

And FWIW, Hivewire has opened a thread for D2 problems/questions:

Questions/Issues with Dawn 2? Ask them here - all welcome to help! | HiveWire 3D Community

primorge ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2024 at 12:07 PM

Hm. Well considering that a JCM, functioning as it should, is only "on" (value beyond zero up to 1 typically) as the result of a rotation beyond 0 degrees (a morph dependency attached to a joint rotation) naturally the JCMs will be at a zero state when the figure is zero in all rotations. If you mean that zeroing the figure causes a joint dependant morph subtract value operation to kick on and stay in an on state from there forward... well major bug there.

Am I misunderstanding? I haven't really looked at the figure yet.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2024 at 2:13 PM

... why did you post that on a thread about Dawn2? Make your figure her own thread.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

primorge ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2024 at 2:16 PM
Afrodite-Ohki posted at 2:13 PM Mon, 23 September 2024 - #4489646

... why did you post that on a thread about Dawn2? Make your figure her own thread.

Nah

odf ( ) posted Mon, 23 September 2024 at 6:34 PM
primorge posted at 12:07 PM Mon, 23 September 2024 - #4489640

Hm. Well considering that a JCM, functioning as it should, is only "on" (value beyond zero up to 1 typically) as the result of a rotation beyond 0 degrees (a morph dependency attached to a joint rotation) naturally the JCMs will be at a zero state when the figure is zero in all rotations. If you mean that zeroing the figure causes a joint dependant morph subtract value operation to kick on and stay in an on state from there forward... well major bug there.

There's a control parameter for turning all JCMs on or off. Zero figure sets that to off.

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2024 at 12:07 AM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 12:45 PM
Site Admin

Off-topic/inappropriate comment/images removed.

Wolfenshire, Moderator/Community Leader

Versum ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2024 at 6:31 AM

Wolfenshire posted at 12:07 AM Tue, 24 September 2024 - #4489671

Off-topic/inappropriate comment/image removed pending Staff Review.

Sad, it was quiet interesting to see another ( NEW GIRL IN TOWN ) 

The Thread title is not specific for DAWN2 . You People whine about creators leaving poser, so ask your self why. 

Afrodite-Ohki posted at 2:13 PM Mon, 23 September 2024 - #4489646

Reporting was inappropriate ... Topic does not specific say Dawn2 

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2024 at 9:02 AM

Even though the thread title didn't mention Dawn 2 specifically, it was pretty clear that the thread was about Dawn 2.  I agree, the ball jointed figure should have been posted in its own thread.

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2024 at 9:47 AM

Yes, the balljoint figure should have its own thread. Maybe someone would be interested in her, but not look here because they're not interested in D2.

Someone should post about the JCM thing in the Hivewire problems thread. I am currently Poser-less and can't see the problem for myself. (Hoping to get my computer back today.)

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2024 at 10:30 AM

I know attempting of hijacking a thread when I see one, thanks, don't try to play innocent.

Thank you, moderation team.

I'd post something about D2 here to get us back on track, but haven't had the chance to get her yet, so if someone would please? :D

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

Versum ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2024 at 11:15 AM

Here you go this is a conforming outfit for Dawn. Almost done !

Catch these ghosts ...

JRKrf8oPAOGPYBIvCT3r1VG4yrLuP4VJzUmNBJZb.jpg

Just wondering , had no Idea about those terrorists in here Hijacking threads !

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2024 at 12:01 PM

Looks great. And conforming, even. Seems like most clothing is dynamic these days. 

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2024 at 12:33 PM

Here's another conforming set WIP. Still texturing. Larger version in my gallery.

aNTKkjSm9ZOKU95qey51GeEMTNAkJulGbmlP7yZL.jpg

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2024 at 2:15 PM
Afrodite-Ohki posted at 10:30 AM Tue, 24 September 2024 - #4489694

I know attempting of hijacking a thread when I see one, thanks, don't try to play innocent.

Thank you, moderation team.

I'd post something about D2 here to get us back on track, but haven't had the chance to get her yet, so if someone would please? :D

I don't recall trying "to play innocent" of anything. Are you ladies thinking straight? Lol.

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2024 at 3:44 PM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 3:44 PM

odf posted at 6:34 PM Mon, 23 September 2024 - #4489659

primorge posted at 12:07 PM Mon, 23 September 2024 - #4489640

There's a control parameter for turning all JCMs on or off. Zero figure sets that to off.
If the dependencies had been set up as 1 jcm off - 0 jcm on, I don't see why that would happen. I create those kind of switches all the time, you can then just create a global master to drive all the individual OFFs. Zero figure has no bearing on such a set up. Though La Femme has a different sort of solution, some clever dial gymnastics in there, IIRC it's an always 1 state, foregoing the individual dials, elegant... Been awhile since I looked at it. There must be a reason that it's set up in such a way but without seeing it I won't venture to guess. I'll get around to looking eventually, though I won't bother with this line of enquiry about Dawn's dials further and especially any unfortunate robot yoga shenanigans forthwith.

So my JCM OFFs are thusly...

hhIwADcmQlkIkyuEcyqvVbDaZ15k2xPFCX9IFcUM.png

The internals of such a thing example...

X82lwAZWlI0egfA0Ww0q5bRoTEqeRgSENMXbE2I9.png

Apologies for the perceived Hijack Snafu, and the OT about Dawn Dial Mysteries...

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 24 September 2024 at 11:25 PM

Adorable! Looks a little steampunk.

DeeceyArt posted at 12:33 PM Tue, 24 September 2024 - #4489698

Here's another conforming set WIP. Still texturing. Larger version in my gallery.

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2024 at 8:14 AM

Yup it's steampunk.  Thanks!   

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2024 at 11:51 AM

Remaking Carnie?

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2024 at 12:30 PM
DreaminGirl posted at 11:51 AM Wed, 25 September 2024 - #4489734

Remaking Carnie?

Yes, wiith all new textures. The others were back in the V4 days and weren't really Superfly friendly.

Crystalis ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2024 at 1:55 PM
DeeceyArt posted at 12:33 PM Tue, 24 September 2024 - #4489698

She looks lovely. Her head texture doesn't seem to match her body texture, her face is very pale.

Versum ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2024 at 2:58 PM · edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 2:58 PM

A little late for Halloween I guess but having fun fitting outfits, not my usual workflow, still undecided weather supporting Dawn or another base, If , when.

Dawn with Halloween Prototype Outfit , fitting process .  

zwKpEiplWAhajneLCcTR4ufapFamcBT4tN7sUW3a.jpg

v7KOVxfJDx8QDxBqW2L3R5FY16NMeoOza9dzbnpL.jpg

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 25 September 2024 at 11:52 PM

Nice. Definitely not too late for Halloween!

Versum ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2024 at 4:59 AM

randym77 posted at 11:52 PM Wed, 25 September 2024 - #4489749

Nice. Definitely not too late for Halloween!

Thank you :)  ... Ohh I am a month off LOL, thought it would be this one , not really tradition in our place .  I study a little the options for  outfits, this bat Halloween outfit would be sort of super conforming  outfit . 2 piece, Hair and coat with the cape-wing.  Super conforming ?  because the coat Model has it's own skinning only joints of , abdomen, chest , arms are transferred to the outfit the rest has it's own movements, these Joints wilt be set up as non selectable parts avoiding to select the wrong part with the mouse.

The skinning of Dawn is not transferred to the outfit like it is normally done, the outfit keeps it's own sinning adapted to it's structure resulting to bend naturally with the doll that is wearing it. By just having to adapt the joints it also leaves the option open for other dolls to wear. 

This is a prototype method I am trying to develop, it seems to give very promising results. the model outfit does not depend on a specific donor anymore. 

Versum ( ) posted Thu, 26 September 2024 at 8:29 AM

Versum posted at 11:15 AM Tue, 24 September 2024 - #4489695

Here you go this is a conforming outfit for Dawn. Almost done !

Catch these ghosts ...

JRKrf8oPAOGPYBIvCT3r1VG4yrLuP4VJzUmNBJZb.jpg

This would be a inversed conforming outfit. It covers most of of the figure also having it's own skinning. Dawn just like most figures are Triax in Poser, even that she has been made in DS probably using single skin (  New since Genessis 3 I think ) she must of been converted into triax for Poser. Outfits work single skin also in Poser for better results offering better cross compatibility to DS and Blender for example. ( existing DS Transporter not officially published ) 

In this example the Doll will be conformed to the outfit you control the outfit for movements, the outfit has no head joints this way the Dawn head in our case remains independent to Control. The small disadvantage is that Dawn Poses do not work perfectly on the outfit, Advantages are the superior smooth bending on the outfit skinned for the Model.  Dolls wearing clothes always get in conflict with the poses so at the end it does not really matter who is wearing who.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.