Fri, Sep 20, 3:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: I GO AWAY -----PLEASE_READ

Catharina Przezak ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 6:36 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 3:44 AM

Attached Link: http://www.poser4u.com

file_241629.jpg

Dear friends, customers and members of Renderosity. I must tell you that I go away from the Market place on 1/1/02 with my all product. I go away from the DAZ3D store too and all other Stores like 3D commune and Renderotica included the Turbo store. If you know the standard contract are for 50% of the total sales it is not bad but you must remember that we need to pay also the TAX , I can say ok no problem but the latest time what I saw on internet can't belief my eyes, our all products from the stores for what we heard work are GRATIS to download from Internet. I mean here all what you wish to have is GRATIS, we are ARTIST and not big companies that got millions of dollars and don't understand why the people do it for us. I decide to get away and if I wish to give you a free texture or props from my own website it will always my choice and not other. I will closed my member are for new user on 1/1/02 too I will still put on new textures but only for my members that are join to the date above. If you are interested do it now other you will not able to join the Member area any more after 1/01/02. I will still a member and put some nice images for the gallery and have much plans for the new year 2002 also new company that will include product for must 3D software's but about that I will tell you later on my website or in my mailing list. I thank you from my heart for all. If you have any questions just e-mail to cathrin@worldonline.nl or visit my web at www.poser4u.com Wish you much success with your ART. Catharina Catharina Harders Owner&3D Artist www.poser4u.com www.renderocity.com

saxon ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 6:39 PM

God, I love your accent........ signing up tomorrow.......{sigh}

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 7:06 PM

Thank you so much for all your work, I am glad I am a member because you have enriched my life with your wonderful art. Sharen

Catharina Przezak ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 7:22 PM

Saxon and Scharen, thank you so much, Maybe I go away from here or there but I the new year will change my plans and make new way for new GREAT 3D work, maybe more profesional with more attention to the customer and better service that ever I can give. It need more time and that is also why I go away with my all old products from the Internet.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 7:34 PM

Thank you very much and I hope you have a great year.

Catharina Przezak ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 7:39 PM

Ghostofmacbeth! I wish you a great year too!!! and see you!

farang ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 8:00 PM

I also dig the accent, where are you from?

Catharina Przezak ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 8:08 PM

Sure that is my real picture, but I think it looks more sad than hot. If you wish to know more about me (I am married) just visit my website and click on pleasure.

farang ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 8:25 PM

If so I might consider signing up.

Catharina Przezak ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 8:30 PM

it are not member area for nude photos, it are for ARTIST of poser, you will not see any nude photos of me, BTW I think it is not the best place and moment to talk about. Here get all about ART,textures and Poser I think you need to move to Renderotica maybe there you find what you are interested in? just a idea.

scifiguy ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 8:42 PM

Well, I was going to sign up anyway but I was going to wait until after the first of the year because I've spent so much already this month and were only a week in (yikes!) I guess I'll just do it now instead. I was actually really upset when I found out you have a members site...I'd just bought two items of yours and could have joined instead and gotten so much more! Oh well, such is life. Its too bad you've had these problems and have decided to pull your items, but I'm very glad to hear that your member site will keep going. You're skills would be highly missed. Best of luck on your future business venture! PS: Subtle farang...nice manners you've got there.

Catharina Przezak ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 8:49 PM

scifiguy, thank you, you have time to 1/1/2001 to join the texture member area, if you are to late just contact me. Much success too :-) Cath

gryffnn ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 9:17 PM

It is sad when people steal from artists who charge such reasonable prices for great value. Catharina was a pioneer with photorealistic textures, inspiring many. I notice she's doing some interesting Flash work for her website. Best of luck in all your endeavours, girl!

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 9:22 PM

So...if I get this right, if people don't join your website...by 01/01/02...no one else will ever be able to join? And...that if we ever wanted to buy any of your products, to do it now, because after 01/01/02, no one will ever be able to buy any of those products ever again? I guess I can kinda/sort of understand your Noah's Ark attitude of get on the boat now, or else...given the fact people are buying your products, then giving it away for free. Yet, it seems that this situation comes down to two ways; pull all your product out, so it can never be purchased and you make no money at all, and none of us get to enjoy your textures...Or, sell your product...have a few idiots pirate it...but still make some sort of profit, and make your fans happy. I'm sorry your textures that you worked so hard on were given away (gratis), but it unfortunately is something that every company has run into with the internet. I have no sympathy for the pirates, I'm just trying to make sense out of you not wanting to sell anything at all, and wanting to seal up the membership to your website as to never have new members. Or, at least new members won't get your textures you decide to release. Tell me, if someone wants to join after 01/01/02, and you have no product to purchase, much less at a discount, and they don't get your free textures...why join at all? I wonder if any of this will alienate your fans? I feel it is unfortunate that you have decided all of this. Renderosity doesn't have many members who are actual 3D artists in real life. Most of us are just hobbyists/wannabe's. As far as I am concerned, you basically are a leader in making Poser textures look more realistic, while we were struggling to make our P4 figures look better than monotone P3 figures, you had already done your Sean Connery character. It is unfortunate Renderosity will not have you around like it once did. Maybe I'm just upset because I know I cannot afford your products or website before 01/01/02. Good Luck Agent Smith

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

leather-guy ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 9:53 PM

Catharina Przezak I had bought several of your products from the market, when I found your site you offered so much more for your members I went ahead & joined a few days ago. It's a real bargain for what you charge. I'm glad you're not shutting down completely, as that would be a real loss to us all! Still, I can only hope you'll re-consider before the deadline, as there are new Poser Users coming in all the time & I think it would be a shame to deny them access to your work. leather-guy

nyar1ath0tep ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 10:49 PM

If that is a photo of you, I'm very sorry to hear that such a lovely lady has suffered at the hands of software thieves.

pokeydots ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 10:54 PM

Catharina, I am so glad I am already a member! You are a true inspiration. I am sorry that someone took advantage of your work. And I am so glad you are not leaving completly. Will look forward to what comes in the future from you. Sallie

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

shadownet ( ) posted Fri, 07 December 2001 at 11:50 PM

Hi Catharina, Sad that some folks don't respect the hardwork of others, and just take and give away freely what is not there to give. I keep putting off becoming a member for various reasons, but I guess I had better get serious about it now. Thanks for the heads up, knowing me I would have dragged me feet on signing up until after the new year, and would have missed out. :o{ I wish you the best on all your future endeavors.

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2001 at 12:10 AM

I get so tire of thieves screwing things up for honest people. Sorry to hear you are going. Been a member of your site since you started the membership, you always have nice stuffage. Good luck in your new endeavors, I know you will continue to do well. 8^) Marque Scifiguy don't feel bad, I owned most of her stuff before I signed up....lol

Elsina ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2001 at 1:20 AM

I also am a member of your site Cath and I loved your textures and lately your free props. I am very sorry to hear about your problems and wish you all the best with your new projects and hope to see much more of your great work! Prettige feestdagen en heel veel geluk gewenst voor het nieuwe jaar!

My gallery @ Renderosity

SnowSultan ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2001 at 1:27 AM

Good luck in the future Catharina, and I hope you're able to pop in and visit us here when you can! Your work proves that Poser is a serious graphics tool when used by a talented artist, and I think we all have learned something from you in one way or another. I still consider your Sean Connery render to be the best 3D celebrity likeness ever. :) Take good care and thanks for everything! SnowS Hoping his pictures are worth 1001 words.

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

neurocyber ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2001 at 1:49 AM

This makes me sad.

neurocyber ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2001 at 1:54 AM

People like you work so hard to bring a little brightness to the world and it costs them so much that the thieves can bring it all down in and instant. You'll be missed. I hope life brings you all the better things you hope for.

Catharina Przezak ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2001 at 4:25 AM

Thank you to ALl for the nice words. I will still working with 3D and textures and I get only away from the all stores and all my old products, but I am still here. I will put on my website every week free prop and maybe textures too it make me much pleasure to do it .Who I say I go to work with other things that only textures , I can't say more about on this moment but it will very interesthing for you too I think. I wish all to you a Great Hollidays and all the best. And I hope the new year will better that ever. Cath P.S One more answer about my member area. If you know or maybe not here are more that 1000 members on my website that have join subscription for more that 6 months, I still will put my new products to the member area, the all members will get the stuff until 6/01/02 is somebody join the member area now he or she will get the new stuff for the next 3 months too. I say only that I don't want any more new members after 1/1/02 to my member area. If you have more question just write to me at : cathrin@worldonline.nl

JOE LE GECKO ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2001 at 5:51 AM

My God ! I can't understand how some people dare to do this to you : you made the choice to create a member area only site which is low priced ( and I also selectted this solution for my site because it's a real good deal for people instead of buying textures separatly ), you made your last textures available at a great price ( $10 I think )... Catharina, you have all my sympathy, and I just want you to know you are among the few who made Poser what it is today ! I can easily understand your feelings now, and I know how hard it is to handle with this piracy problems. Really wish you the best in whatever you'll do in the future. joelegecko

sal ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2001 at 9:47 AM

Hi Catharina, You should be a model !!!!!!! Absolutely gorgeous. Best of luck in all that you do and Merry Xmas and a happy new year XXXXXX LOL

Micheleh ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2001 at 10:03 AM

Catharina- This just an idea, but I've had several friends who have had the same problem of original content being pirated and given away. Now, anything you create has an automatic copyright to yoy as the creator. Simply reporting the offending person to their service provider, with a link to the original content (for verification of ownership), is usually enough to prove violation of their terms of service. (99% of hosts have that provision.) This is usually enough to get the offender's website shut down. I have done it several times, myself, so it does work.

soulhuntre ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2001 at 10:44 AM

A few days ago - the option to be able to use your textures as a starting point for our commercial work was just too good to pass up. I am wondering, since The longest I could join for was 3 months... when that time is up will I be able to renew - or that will be then end of it? Either way - hopefully you will reconsider but best of luck no matter what you do. BTW - not to harp on it but I always thought you were beautiful too :)

Catharina Przezak ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2001 at 11:51 AM

Hello Again,I talking with much people today about my member Area, and we all are very sad of this situation. I decide to stay open with my member area for the next month, but I will remove all my products from all other stores on 1/1/2002, you will not ablle to buy anything from other stores again. That is all what I can do on this moment to help the poser community. You all are welcome. Micheleh: The server that I found with free stuff are a FTP server , they change the FTP every day and you are not ablle to track the people, one today here another there. I saw not only my stuff but all the must best seller stuff of Renderosity and Daz store, I will not tell anybody what for server is that to protect the orginal owner of the stuff. I contact much people but nobody can do something with this, so is the world. But I know that the persone that do that is also member of Renderosity. If you think your sell not to much today, dont worry somebody give your work free on another server to download and all play with. Don't forget the new free prop on my web for this week, it is free !!!!!!!! this time I have pleasure to do it for free.

Micheleh ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2001 at 12:06 PM

"But I know that the persone that do that is also member of Renderosity." Have you reported them? At least it would be wise to get that member banned for the protection of others. Maybe if you reference this post in Copyright, someone there can help with the FTP question. Michelle (who doesn't believe in giving up)

Great Bizarro ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2001 at 12:16 PM

You will be missed by us all. Why not start your own site using paypal and cut out the middle mans commission. It will not stop the piracy theft of your product but it will allow you to make the most profit off your artwork. There is no way to stop the theft of your work but check with other artists and sites for information that can help to close sites that post your art for free

Catharina Przezak ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2001 at 5:17 PM

How I says before, my member area is still open only on my website and not more on other stores. I know that I will never stop the piracy, and what you think about? your all product are too for free? have somebody any comments? and more sugestions?

jaybutton ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2001 at 6:22 PM

Hi Catharina, I am sorry to hear that you will be leaving the Poser cummunity at large because of some theives. It must have hurt you very much to have discovered that people were giving away the artwork that you worked so hard on. I would encourage you not to stop doing the the things that you love because a few people did you wrong. There will always be people out there to hurt you. Keep doing your Poser artwork and making it available to people. You really seem to enjoy that. By the way, your artwork is great. I joined your website as soon as I found out about it. God bless you in whatever you do, Jay

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2001 at 6:32 PM

I'm sorry to hear that your items are being stolen. Lousy theives have to ruin things for all of us. I am a memeber of your site, and I want to thank you for all of your beutiful work. Will current subscribers be allowed to continue their subscriptions? Not sure when my subscription runs out, but it was the best money I spent on Poser items. Peggy

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

Xena ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2001 at 9:28 PM

Having just a members only area for your things will probably not stop piracy. All a potential warez kitty has to do is sign, grab your stuff and start giving it away in all the places they do these things. And if you have over 1000 members, how will you tell who's been dong it? The truth of the whole matter is this...if you post your stuff on the internet, be it for sale or free, someone at some point is going to warez it. Both my store items and my freebies are out there being exchanged. It's not something I worry over. If I did, I'd stop creating and selling in the marketplace and crawl into a cave and pine away.

windsongsnow ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2001 at 9:43 PM

Greetings....

I am not yet familiar with your work, but would like to sign up to keep in contact...
I am so sorry to hear of your misfortune.....I hope your life is kind, and all goes well with you in the future..

warmly,
Michael Cox

michael@michaelcox.com

windsongsnow ( ) posted Sat, 08 December 2001 at 9:54 PM

Catherina's Vickie Textures

Catherina:

I have just purchased the Catherina Vickies Textures...
I hope this will help.....

wonderful work,

warmly,
Michael Cox

michael@michaelcox.com

Phantast ( ) posted Sun, 09 December 2001 at 2:27 AM

Withdrawing like this won't stop the guilty people. It will only affect the innocent people. Are you sure you want to do this?

brycetech ( ) posted Sun, 09 December 2001 at 3:43 AM

cath..you havent told the right people. NO site is able to stay hidden if the right person knows about it. It can be tracked, hacked, and the owner can be identified. the ftp may have a temp IP, but the source will not have..it will always be within a range of ip numbers. There is no way that a server can be "moved" from one place to another..the server will be at the same place. It would be best to contact more people...who know what and how to stop this. It can be done. International copyright law can be fully implemented with a source IP number. Fines, jail terms, and re-imbursement can be enforced. If the person has anything at all, they will lose it for reimbursements. If they have nothing, then they can enjoy some personal time with "bubba" in the local jail exploring another aspect of life. shrug ya shouldnt just abandon ship, it wont stop anything. STAND AND FIGHT! BT

sal ( ) posted Sun, 09 December 2001 at 12:16 PM

Hi again, I have been to your link. Great site but,don't you think that is a bit unfair to us not guilty people?. What I mean is,one cannot get anywhere unless is a member,you can't even have a look at the forum,let alone posting.I personally am not very keen to subcribe to a site without even been able to have a look at what's on offer. Please make it more friendly. We are NOT all thives.

Catharina Przezak ( ) posted Sun, 09 December 2001 at 6:10 PM

Thank you very much to all for the nice words. It make me a good feeling that I am not alone here with my problem and thank you for your help, also for the new member. I read here a good idea of some members and I open official new company, I will finished some things and official opening of my new company will on 1/1/2002. I don't worry about what happend, I will by sure that If I sell my prodcuts in my own store I will get my 100% of my work but exclusive the cost of the web hosthing company and people that will work with me in my new company. I think it is not bad idea, for example if I sell Kain for $9.95 and must give away 50% I get not to much, on my own store I can make the price much lower for example $6.00 and I think all will by happy. That is only one way for me. I work now 3 years with poser and I love to do this. More info about will post very soon on my website and in mailling list of Poser4u.com The old year is must over and time to do new thing and look in the future and not back. Thank you for ALl for the light. Sal, you can see all what you get undewr the link ( what you get) in the Business Menu. I make a password for the forum that the NON-true members of my member area posthing non stop wrong message. Risht now the forum include the IP address to locate the persone to see if the persone is a member of not. If you purchase the subscription the Verotel Center record your IP address and all informations. In the new year I will change License for new ithems, the Artist will need to make a notice about how is the true owner of the product but not for user of the FREE License. I will remove my all products from other stores on 12/31/01.

Phantast ( ) posted Mon, 10 December 2001 at 10:32 AM

Incidentally, if I read things correctly, you pay $26 for 3 months and can download all the textures currently on the site, which must be a wonderful bargain. So long as you like Mike, as most of it seems to be Mike textures which are not of interest to me.

Thorgrim ( ) posted Mon, 10 December 2001 at 6:53 PM

You are an inspiring artist sorry to here your work is being stolen. Good luck with your new endeavors.

MeInOhio ( ) posted Mon, 10 December 2001 at 7:35 PM

I was able to purchase a membership, but then I noticed that I didn't see that lock at the bottom of my screen. Is there not a way to make a secure transaction? Thanks. Kevin

MeInOhio ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2001 at 8:08 PM

I meant to say that I was about to purchase a membership to poser4u.com, but I didn't see the padlock at the bottom of my screen, which usually means that the transaction isn't secure. Is there a way to make a secure purchase? Thanks. Kevin

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.