Fri, Sep 20, 6:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: DAZ Store Down

Ricky_Java ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2001 at 12:05 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:44 AM

I'm sorry to bother everyone with this, but I hope that someone from DAZ is listening in here. I just ordered Michael 2.0, his hi-rez texture, and the Great Room from DAZ, but the confirmation page's links were crossed out, and I haven't received the promised e-mail with download URLs. I e-mailed DAZ, but the automated reply from Reba Vest says they're out 'til the 27th. I guess I should've learned my lesson over Thanksgiving, when the same thing happened. They were very nice about it when they got back, and they told me that other customers were in the same boat, but it was still no fun to wait for those four days. Is it just me? I support DAZ and want them to succeed, but I wonder if they should shut down their on-line store during the holidays if there is no support available. It's not fair to their support staff or their customers. - Richard

Crescent ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2001 at 1:12 PM

I suspect that someone is monitoring the store or the boards and will respond fairly quickly. When Vicki 2 came out, there were some download problems and they had someone fix it on Saturday night. I think we all rushed the server and gave it a nervous breakdown.

Lyne ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2001 at 2:19 PM

I was so mad... I too, ordered Michael 2 upgrade, and further supported DAZ by ordering the vicki 2 upgrade and my longed-for adventure pack clothing.. for my own christmas gift ... and got the same situation!! My downloads were pending (used the same good card yesterday to get Charger and tack, sucessfully dowloaded!.. further supporting DAZ!!) and now I am told I have to wait - that they are closed for the holiday!! They should have closed their shopping cart and let users know they would be gone... or allowed the store to operate automatically, like it appears to do all the time!??! Lyne

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

Mighty Lingster ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2001 at 3:52 PM

This is very frustrating--it seems to happen a lot. There's always been a lack of vigor at the DAZ3D site--broken links, slow response time, broken shopping cart, etc. Maybe they should give up selling through their own site, or at least partner with sites like Renderosity to sell their merchandise through multiple outlets. This is very frustrating.

Strangechilde ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2001 at 4:18 PM

How weird. I managed to get mineMike 2 upgrade and the Staff Pack. Have you tried back? I think I was ordering around the time the first of these was posted.

rebavest ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2001 at 9:39 PM

Yes, DAZ was listening. We appreciate all your support and try our best to support you when you need it. While I won't be offering tech support round the clock I will be checking me emails periodically and should you run into difficulties just let me know. I promise to get back to you before too long. Sorry I didn't get to these postings earlier - I was at "The Lord of the Rings." All I can say to that is WOW!! Most people seem to not have had troubles getting their downloads but for those of you who did - I'm off to set up some downloads for you. Thanks for your patience and have a great holiday! Reba

Xurge ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2001 at 9:51 PM

I can't even go to checkout. I;ll try later I guess.

Lyne ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2001 at 10:05 PM

I have waited hours, and still no url e mail ... have sent messages... I am home for Christmas and sure was looking forward to a little (well actually a LOT with all I bought!) poser fun! Lyne

Solar384 ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2001 at 11:23 PM

I got Mike2 ok last night, but I had the same problem (no dl link) earlier in the week. Several emails went unanswered for 2 days before I broke down and called the 800 number. That got me going real quick. Unfortunatly, that's not an option for right now. I love Daz products, but I've spent a few sad weekends over the past year without my purchases. And, hardly a weekend passes without someone complaining in this forum about this same issue. I think they need to take a serious look at customer support. I've never had but one problem in the Renderosity Marketplace and it was solved, on a weekend morning, in a matter of minutes. Great support here.

Xurge ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2001 at 11:43 PM

I was able to get through. Got him about 30 minutes ago and downloaded immediately. He is one loaded character. The guys at DAZ sure put a superv package together and it's great that its here for Christmas. I'm going to slap some steel and leather on him now. :-)

Mahna ( ) posted Sun, 23 December 2001 at 1:05 AM

I did not get my Michael 2.0 download either. I hope someone at Daz reads this and can fix the problem. I notified sales and the Webmaster, but have not heard anything so far.

wolf359 ( ) posted Sun, 23 December 2001 at 5:17 AM

I got mike2 at about 9:30 saturday east coast time
no probs,
very happy!!!

My website

YouTube Channel

Mahna ( ) posted Sun, 23 December 2001 at 5:25 AM

Well, I am very sure that he is well worth waiting for! Xurge and Wolf359, Rub it in Guys!! ROFL Grrr, I am Jealous, my eyes are turning Greener! LOL You are sitting there playing with him and all those Kewl morphs, and the rest of us will just have to be patient;-D
Have fun you two!!

Lyne ( ) posted Sun, 23 December 2001 at 7:23 PM

I FINALLY got my downloads! Whew! stress NOT needed but now, thankfully I have mine for the holiday play time! I sure will NOT order again, during holidays OR even weekends!!! Lyne

Mahna ( ) posted Sun, 23 December 2001 at 7:32 PM

Just out of curiousity, did you get personal links, and they also timed out, not you getting bumped, but the downloads just stopped around 12 megabytes? I have been at this all day with 2 comps, and 2 ISP's and they keep on doing the same thing!! I Hate This!! Is it just me?????
Going Bonkers here!!!! Not that I want him so bad anymore, I want damn Justice, ya know? Oh Lyne, I am sorry, I sent you this as an IM, thinking I was posting on this page! Think I need to Forget Michael 2.0, he gives me Headaches! He better be able to morph into a damn Mansion, and I don't mean "Virtual!" Yeah, I am pissed, and I have a bad temper!

Ricky_Java ( ) posted Sun, 23 December 2001 at 8:17 PM

I was able to download my files, after both Reba and Reachel from DAZ-3D set up password-protected directories for me. Thanks to both of them. This is identical to how the situation was resolved over Thanksgiving as well, though this time DAZ responded within a day. I'm sorry that they had to work during their holiday, but I'm glad that I got the files. I hope everyone else here has gotten their files too. From now on, I will only order from DAZ Monday through Thursday, and never during a DAZ holiday. - Richard

Lyne ( ) posted Mon, 24 December 2001 at 10:40 AM

It is kinda a shame to post an exciting new product, and then "leave for the holiday"... and then leave us to HAVE to DEMAND our prouduct that we bought in good faith. Yes, they do make it right, but only after a lot of stress on everyone's part! I ordered expecting the automated system to respond as usual... sigh.

Lyne ( ) posted Mon, 24 December 2001 at 10:44 AM

It is kinda a shame to post an exciting new product, and then "leave for the holiday"... and then leave us to HAVE to DEMAND our prouduct that we bought in good faith. Yes, they do make it right, but only after a lot of stress on everyone's part! I ordered expecting the automated system to respond as usual... sigh.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.