Sun, Oct 6, 2:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: Gallery or Marcet Place and the Comments

Marcabros ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2002 at 7:11 PM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 7:03 AM

Is it just me who thinks something is wrong at RoSity and some people just got in her mind they are the best because they are beta tester and working with poser longer. Secondly why don't comment this people on pics in the Poser gallery apart from those by established artists, just only by the other beta tester. i see alot other picture in the Poser gallery like this one here that looks much better then the most beta tester picture with her awfull looking models or whatever. http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=137841&Start=49&Sectionid=1&WhatsNew=Yes I'm sory to hurt someones feeling here but this is the truth. the beta tester just giving the most comments only to the other testers just to make them feel good. Well i just start working with poser 2.5 month ago and i know i have to learn a lot but in the mean time i don't think i'm better then other ones. Folks don't forget you start working with poser too and i don't know your first picture so please come down from you throne. We all have to learn and some picture from established artists even much better then what i get to see from some beta tester. I'm very disapointed because the beta tester just come out with the new stuff because the testing and some of this isn't worth to buy it but if I see all the comments there...sorry this really sucks. Do you think that only the nacked Vickys on Biks or whatever an artwork. Where is your eye for the real artwork for pictures they telling a bit stories. Sorry if you don't understand what i mean but go ahead and take a look for yourself.

VirtualSite ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2002 at 7:13 PM

I'll agree: this one looks a lot better than most of the "beta test" images we see out there, and I could give you a hundred reasons why this one gets so few comments while the others are rhapsodized to the hilt. But I think it's probably best that we just say, The image is here, and it's a good one. It shows a lot of subtle work, while many others don't. And that's just how it is sometimes around here. I don't mean to sound cynical, but it really is just how it is sometimes. We deny there are cliques, but there are, and it shows, even when we refuse to admit they exist. My best recommendation, Marcabros, is simply let it go. Enjoy the work you like, ignore the rest. And welcome to our happy little community. =)

Marcabros ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2002 at 7:38 PM

Well i know i really know they are cliques and this sucks very much. I'll stop writing my comments under this pictures guess this is the best way to show that some etablished artits are much much better. I also think this isn't a happy little community anymore because to much things are very wrong. I want see the picture of all beta tester if they doesn't get the stuff for free to test. it's easy to come out with some beta stuff and write a ccomment like this is a must have or whatever. Guess most of the tester wouldn't have so much picture online. They ar few beautiful artist out there with really awesome stuff but just a few and i guess some beta tester forgot if you buy everything how expensive it would be for them too....just my opinion :))

VirtualSite ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2002 at 7:44 PM

Actually, for the most part, we are a happy little community. Really. It's just that there are some people who think they live on a hill high above all us "little people", and they seem to forget that living up there keeps them from enjoying the really swell party happening down here in the lowlands... =)

Marcabros ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2002 at 7:49 PM

i'll agreee in this point with you and i'm glad that someone think the same way. i'm just curious if we get any comments from some people what we are talking about but i guess not :))

3-DArena ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2002 at 8:36 PM

Uhm. I must be missing something, I don't see anything about beta testing on this image. I think it's a neat image,and it does have a story. I like it, the horses mane especially. Or are you saying you do like this image and that more people should notice these? If so I agree wholeheartedly that many artists are overlooked, people are limited in time sometimes and they tend to look at the images of the well knowns. It's their personal preference.

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

Marcabros ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2002 at 8:43 PM

Nope this is not an beta image this is an posting from an established artists and this is much much better looking then the most beta pictures but it doesn't get the notice like someone of the beta testers who just posting comments on the other beta tester pics. I really don't understand this because there come some models out the face looks awful but you just see a good comment.....sorry but this sucks so much i can't stay anymore behind them.

3-DArena ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2002 at 8:52 PM

Ah, yes, I agree with you on this one. Very rarely do certain artists comment on different works by various artists. Don't let it bother you, there are many fabulous images that rarely get noticed by some of those I think you are speaking of. So what, just as long as there are still some who take the time to at least look and post. I often go days without even looking in the gallery, and wehn I do I'm so far behind that I miss many images, however on the opposite end of teh spectrum, there are those "established" whose image I avoid like the plague, they always look basically the same and you know without clicking what you will find, so I don't bother looking at them anymore.

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

Marcabros ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2002 at 8:52 PM

Nope Ron you doesn't offended me or someone else i'm just tired to see that the most beta tester just overlook the whole scene. go ahead and take a look for yourself. like i said at the beginning most pictures of some established artists are much much better then what you see from all the beta testers. it isn't you and i'm surprised that no beta tester give any comments to this. I guess the know who i mean and i'm trully sorry to say something like this but it sucks really to see comments on awful looking models and great picture like this here http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=137841&Start=49&Sectionid=1&WhatsNew=Yes doesn't get the comment the really appriciated. No i don't want comments because i'm working first 2.5 month and to much isn't good but pictures like above the really appreciate honest comments and like i said the comments on some beta tester doesn't sound like this way....just my opinion :))

Marcabros ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2002 at 9:02 PM

@ LadySilverMage.....you truly right..it doesn't bother me anymore either but i get upset if i notice that really bad postings get a good comment and wonderful pictures like above don't. What is wrong with this people....do the just want to sell the stuff.....sorry but i don't buy this awful looking model or stuff that just get a comment from beta tester..cuz this doesn't sound honest to me.

Marcabros ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2002 at 9:15 PM

yeah Ron i see a problem and the prob is that some people who think they live on a hill high above better then the other ones.......i guess not....the truth is there are some great artist out there who creating fantastic stuff..hair or something else but the most beta tester...hmm i'm surprised that nobody of them give any comment to this posting....don't be shamed if someone else like me told the truth but i'm honest enough to say something :))

Kinouk ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2002 at 10:34 PM

Attached Link: http://http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=137468&Start=163&Sectionid=1&WhatsNew=Yes

Marcabros.. take a look at what people said about my first real poser render. I'm so happy that 170 people took the time to view it and 6 even took that extra min. to make a comment. There are good people here. We all need to slow down and smell the roses. Joan

RealityCheck ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2002 at 10:59 PM

Alas, dearest Kinouk your first ever post to this very often frustrating cyber community already exhibited your artistic talent. I just looked at your images in the "Beginners Gallery." They are beautiful. Naturally your images will draw people in as your "unconditional love" piece did with me.

Marcabros ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2002 at 11:27 PM

well Kinouk i guess you didn't understood what i'm talking about. I don't talk about the happy little people here i'm talking about some people here who think they live on a hill high above all us "little people" some beta tester or whatever you wanna say. If you go and take a look all the pictures about the beta tester what do you see there. See same person the same outfit and nothing else. It's doesn't matter how awful the model is they want tell the truth just writing down...oh beautiful image..lovely face..it;s a pleasure to work with this and whatever but do you think this is the truth. Why they don't give any comments to non beta tester or just a few. Well i always slow down but like i said.....I love telling the truth and the truth hurt sometimes. Do you think that just a nacked cloned vicky or whatever is an good artwork..who about the real artwork. I'ms sorry if i hurt some feelings i do like good artwork and like i said there are good artist out there with really good stuff like Xurge, Neftis, Sirocco, Marforno, Steffz but just a few and some Beta tester can't handle this stuff. I'm glad not to be a part of the tester..cuz it would hurt my feelings to test some bad stuff. I won't say anything about this but the truth is the only giving comments to the beta tester pics..it's doesn't matter how bad they are. Hope you understand what i'm talking about...:)

Puntomaus ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2002 at 4:34 AM

Sorry Macrabros, I don't share your point of view. I would like to write in german but this would be not fair to those who speak english.

I have no problem with the beta testers and their images. I have no problem that some people get some items for free and I don*t have the feeling that they live on a hill like you wrote. And if there are cliques - ok, where's the problem? Maybe they are friends and like to comment each others images. Is that something wrong?

What I understand from your posting is that you are not concerned that well known artists or other artists besides the so called beta testers do not get the attention they probably should get but that YOU don't get enough attention. Sorry, that is what I read between the lines even if you try not to give that impression. Maybe I am wrong....

I think if there is an image in the gallery that is good it will get views and it will get comments. Sometimes maybe the thumbnail doesn't catch the eye so that some good images maybe get overlooked. But we have such an amount of images in the gallery with so many new images every day that you can't view and comment every single one.
And if I would have a handfull of buddies over here I would probably view all of their images and put a comment below. Think this is just a normal thing and this is probably what those people (or beta testers if you prefere this) are doing. But it does not bother me in any way.

Friederike

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

fcoffill ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2002 at 5:35 AM

Thank you Marcabros, I am pleased that you enjoyed my work so much. It makes all of that gnashing of teeth, rending of hair, crashing of PC worthwhile. Out of hundreds of renders there are perhaps 2 that are worth the paper to print them.

I couldn't have done it without communities like this one. Without people like you who did comment, for better or worse.

I joined this community just over a year ago, when I first started to use 3dapps. Some of my 2d work did make the "Hot Lists" but really it is not important, really it is not. I am not here to win popularity contests, I am here to learn.

It is very likely that I would have thrown in the towel without the comments, tips and occassionally brutal critiques that I received in the galleries here and in other communities. Learning to use Poser has been one of the most brutal learning curves I have ever faced! Learning Rhino was easier... Bryce was a walk in the park, but Poser was a real nightmare.

Good Luck to you, and thank you again,

Frances Coffill

ps

An art teacher told me once that if even one person is affected by an artwork, regardless of the reaction, be it joy, anger, nostalgia, even disgust, then it is a success! If that person sees beyond his emotion into the artist's soul, then it is a great work of art.

Xena ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2002 at 5:58 AM

The reason I never viewed it is simple 1000 x 1273, 506 kb On dialup it's just not worth the wait no matter how nice the image is. There is only two artists whose work I would view if it was over 300 kb (which it never is) And I only post comments on work I enjoy (and are under 300 kb), regardless of the author :)

rockets ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2002 at 6:47 AM

Yep I agree with Xena, I have the same problem with a dial up connection. The reason I didn't comment on this particular image is because the artist posted it in another gallery and I commented on it there. It would be silly to post the same comment here just so everyone knew I was commenting on images (the artist already knows it).

My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!

fcoffill ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2002 at 8:28 AM

file_270115.jpg

I do apologise to everyone for posting such a large image. I forget sometimes that what looks small to me is very large to other people... (I have a 17" monitor, but I use the highest resolution I can, 1280 x 1024) I also tend to forget image weight (kb) as most of my images are created for print, again I apologise. I certainly did not intend to spawn a contraversy here. I just got very excited over what was to me perhaps my first true Poser success. I do thank everyone for their generous comments, but cannot stress enough, this is not the reason I post images, here or anywhere. I am learning, I want to learn more, the comments I do recieve help me to be better... by showing me my strengths and weaknesses. thank you

PabloS ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2002 at 8:36 AM

Part of the problem, other than cliques, is that there are so many images posted every day. Who has time to look at them all!?! If the beta testers would use, and administrators would enforce, the "Work in Progress" gallery, it would reduce the congestion in the art gallery. We could help too by posting a respectful comment, e.g. "Please post in the appropriate WIP gallery." As for cliques, that's almost imposed by the number of posts too. When there are so many, folks tend to get selective on what they want to view. One of the most logical "filters" is by artist. Not that I like it, I would like to see my stuff reviewed too! Image size is another "filter" that will get you knocked out of the viewing. It also seems that the time of your post affects visibility too. So the question remains: How do newbies get their images reviewed to improve? The "beginners" gallery doesn't seem to offer better results. Any ideas?

egaeus ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2002 at 11:40 AM

Why does anyone care if they get comments or not? You don't do your digital pictures for praise, you do them because you like doing them. There's no reason to bad mouth others for whatever reason, whether they are beta testers or not, just because the images don't suit your taste. Mike

Bigballa111cmb ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2002 at 11:45 AM

For me I like to comment on every bodys image that I look at. But during the week sometimes I want even view the gallery. There are cliques out there, thats just how things are. I don't try to get caught up in those things though. I love to try and work on new compositions and things. Thats why I continue to post my work.

(Take this for example.. I was trying to achieve the effect of a portrait with a fantasy look! http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=138126&Start=1&Artist=Bigballa111cmb&ByArtist=Yes )

The established artist deserve the attention that they get. I even try and take some of the tips they give out, and use them on my work!

Thats just my 2 cent$!

Cin- ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2002 at 12:37 PM

Just to give my two cents... as a merchant, as a beta tester, and as an artist. As a merchant: If a particular image uses one of my products, I am very likely to comment... I mean, if someone liked something of mine enough to buy it, then I owe them at least the courtesy of posting a comment, even if it's just to say "I'm glad you like my stuff.". As a beta tester: I don't care how much I like a person, if I'm testing something for someone, they will get my honest oppinion. I recently tested something for someone that is avaiable now, and I told the person honestly, that it wasn't "to my taste", but it worked as it was supposed to, and it worked without error... that is the goal of a beta tester... to TEST the product... to find out if it does what it's supposed to, in the way it's supposed to... what's often mistaken as beta testing is advertising... I do this too... I'll give away a copy of something I'm working on, or something I've made to someone that I like, or someone that does good work, and ask them to check it out... it's not because I need them to test the item, it's because I know that they'll make an image with it, the image will be good, and the image will be seen... that's just good marketing strategy... I'm sorry if you don't like it when someone says that they're using so and so's new product, and that it's great... but this isn't JUST a gallery anymore... this is a store... there are customers and there are merchants here now, so you're going to see this type of thing. As an artist: If I see an image, no matter who it's by, and it's good, I'll comment... if it's by someone I consider a friend, and even if I don't really care for it... I'll comment... I'll find something to say about it... that's what being a friend is all about... being supportive... I've made comments on images by people I've never even heard of before JUST because I liked the picture... I've also made comments on images by the 'big names' because I LIKED the picture... if I like the picture, I'll make a comment... shrug I browse through the gallery often enough, but if the thumbnail doesn't graby my attention, or if it seems like the thumbnail image shows me enough of the picture that I can skip the picture, then I won't look at the image... there are just too many images now to look at EVERYTHING everyday. Well I guess my two cents adds up to about a buck fifty now... but those are my thoughts.

Kinouk ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2002 at 7:12 PM

This is a great thread. Marcabros..I do know what your talking about. I don't care what people say or think about my art. As long as it makes me smile and maybe one other person;). I am to new at this to feel one way or the other about the beta testers or the comments they get. If I like the art I post something. Glad you guys brought the size of the average moniter. I have a 21 true flat moniter (love ,love, kiss all the time), so from now on will keep my pictures smaller.

thip ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2002 at 8:14 AM

My 2 cents' worth, as an art-loving, lazy, 56K-impaired gallery browser ;-) Take my comments with a grain of salt, they're meant to be helpful. According to the web usability wizards(www.useit.com), there are three sure-fire ways to keep users away : o Links that don't tell you if they're worth the wait o Slow loading o Scrolling So I'd recommend : o Good thumbnails w/ catchy titles, and a "nudity" tag ;-) o Max size 800x600 - images are for viewing, not scrolling o Max file 50K - that's 10 secs on a real-world dialup Also, if you sort the galleries by viewings and comments, you'll also get an idea about the most viewing- and comment-attracting kinds of pix. My subjective interpretation would be : o Lots of (female) skin => lots of viewings o Lots of skill (posing, lighting, etc.) => lots of comments o Lots of both => join the clique ;-) Have fun.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.