Sun, Sep 22, 6:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: help on smoothing edges

ska51 ( ) posted Mon, 18 February 2002 at 7:12 AM · edited Wed, 31 July 2024 at 11:59 AM

How do I make the edges of a square a bit rounder? I can't find anything on this on the internet and I don't know anything from 3d studio max, so Can I do this in Bryce? Please tell me How ...

Aldaron ( ) posted Mon, 18 February 2002 at 7:23 AM

The only way I can think of to round off the edges on a Bryce primitive cube would be by a boolean operation. Or maybe using the terrain editor with a symetrical matrix and create the cube using a greyscale map then rounding the edges. If you have 3DS Max it's fairly easy to do then import it into Bryce. You can ask on the 3DS forum exactly how.

inyerface ( ) posted Mon, 18 February 2002 at 8:47 AM

check imported objects (preaets) there's a round-edge cube

haloedrain ( ) posted Mon, 18 February 2002 at 9:35 PM

you can also use cylinders for the edges, 2d faces for the sizes, and positive/intersecting cylinders for the corners, but that can get really tedious because you have to start over if you want to make the corners rounder or sharper

ska51 ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2002 at 5:23 AM

Thanxz alot, I'll think I'll have to learn a bit of 3d studio max then 'cause doing it in bryce does not seem to be the best way :-) ..

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.