Sat, Sep 21, 3:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Something "Wizard" this way comes. lol

PheonixRising ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 9:43 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 3:26 AM

file_276007.jpg

I was bored this weekend and wanted to try something new. The fun part is that I discovered a new way to pose things like hair and fabric acheiving complex movement. Not that this puppy isn't flooded with morphs(all Mike's phonemes) but about half of the hair's movement you see is actually posed and not morphed. The new concept works well in conjunction with morphs. The beard and hair is one piece and can do almost anything. Was too excited, I had to show someone. Should be out at Daz Friday for those interested. More info on the new cr2 approach when I figure out how to explain it. Anton Ps: I also, using this new technique, figured out how to make ankle length skirts that can sit and kneel(on one knee even) without that solid hip piece down the middle. Exciting new things ahead for clothes and hair.

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

VirtualSite ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 9:50 AM

Nicely done!!!

jaybutton ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 9:53 AM

Wow!!! This is too good to be believed! I was just thinking this morning of begging the vendors here to make a beard like this. I just want to make sure, its the beard and hair that will be available this Friday, not just the motion technology, right? Also, will it come in different colors. Perhaps you could post a pic of them, too? :) Thanks for making this, Anton, its something that I really needed! =) Jay

ronknights ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 9:54 AM

OOOH, Anton that hair and beard would be perfect for the Odin Poser figure I'd like to create! Ron

ookami ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 9:56 AM

Um... let me see... what's the word I'm looking for... oh yeah...

WOW!

jaybutton ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 9:56 AM

Hey Ron! I was also thinking that it would look great with Cin's dwarves. :) Jay

Cin- ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 10:03 AM

lol Jaybutton I was just thinking that same thing... Anton, this looks awesome... can't wait 'til friday. :)

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 10:06 AM

Well, let me tell you where I will be Friday, AT DAZ, this is really wonderful. Love, the hair too. Sharen

Daio ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 10:07 AM

It's been said but I'll say it again. WOW! WOW! WOWSER! Really, that is fantastic!

"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer." -- Bruce Graham

ronknights ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 10:07 AM

Um well, let me think of one type of character that the beard and hair might not look good on: "women" Grin Ron

Poppi ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 10:16 AM

As usual...just wonderful.

lalverson ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 10:20 AM

Yep i'll be geting this... No doubt.

nfredman ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 10:21 AM

Amazing!!! Anton, will you update your skirted products, such as Olympians, so the middle will bend? Oh please oh please oh please...

3-DArena ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 10:46 AM

oh maaaaaaaaan..... that did it - screw the budget... ~double sigh~

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

PheonixRising ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 11:03 AM

file_276010.jpg

Someone asked about another pic. Okay. Please forgive this image. I am working on Pop-ups for daz and this was handle. Excuse the text. There will be the following colors: Wizard White Dawrven Red Viking Blonde Banished Black Celtic Brown 1 & 2 Salt&Pepper Brown Salt&Pepper Black & matching mat files for Mike's eyebrows. The hair and beard are one item. 71 morphs. 35 of them are mikes expressions and phonemes. Skirt Conversions. There would be isuues converting existing meshes and cr2's but I'll keep you posted.

"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

PheonixRising ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 11:05 AM

file_276012.jpg

same deal with the text. Working on ad images. Ignore the ad stuff.

MadYuri ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 11:07 AM

speechless

jaybutton ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 11:38 AM

I still have to say, Wow. That looks just great! Jay

Lunaseas ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 12:14 PM

Wow! Damnit you make me spend just too much money!! Now I have to save for this and your diamonds! -Kirsten

CarolineG ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 12:31 PM

Applauding loud.... BIS BIS BIS!

pokeydots ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 12:47 PM

Cool! Ya know what? Is there a way to make the beard invisible? Then you could use the hair on mermaids so it can have that flowing back in the water look :)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

RedRowan ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 1:04 PM

Wow! Great stuff Anton, can't wait to get hold of this :)

PheonixRising ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 1:22 PM

Yup, the hair has it's own material so everything else can be made invisible. In the image above I just made the mustache and goatee invisible. It really is shaped around the head for Michael with less "poof", but I suppose it could be dropped onto any figure. In that case, you would line it up and parent it to Victoria like the Changing Ponytail. But for Michael it is conformable. the Material zones are: Hair Beard Goatee Mustache What I did not do in the MAT files but is completely do-able is to use diffent textures in different regions (i.e., brown hair and a red beard. Or Black hair with a Salt and Pepper beard, etc). I saw a post here about the "mystery model" and someone was wishing for a beard (It isn't a beard). After that I couldn't get it out of my head. lol.

newwine ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 1:56 PM

Attached Link: http://treeoflifegraphics.com

This is really cool.. Please keep me posted! :) Maddy

nikitacreed ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 2:02 PM

WOOHOO! There goes my budget too! LOL! Awesome stuff Anton!! I'm looking forward to this and whatever new stuff you come up with using this cool new process!!! Ahh...the possibilites!

Lisas_Botanicals ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 2:07 PM

Aboslutely perfect for something I've had in the works for a while but that isn't quite right. Waiting with Credit Card in hand! Thanks Anton! Lisa

judith ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 2:32 PM

Now this is great!!!!! Hey, who was working on that Michael the Bear texture set???? Is it done yet? I'm looking to spend some cash :)) This just gets better every day!

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

E-mail | Renderosity Homepage | Renderosity Store | RDNA Store

sturkwurk ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 3:13 PM

Anton, Thanks! You've done it again! Brilliant work. Doug Sturk

I came, I rendered, I'm still broke.

Momcat ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 3:16 PM

Oh WOW! Jeez. My husband is going to give me THAT look again. That "I knew you wouldn't be able to hold out an entire week" look.

Valandar ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 3:44 PM

BY JOVE!!!! Would that I would be ever able to get it... so I can dive into the cr2 and figure out how it works, heheheheheh!!! Seriously, the only online purchases I can currently make are through store credit, here, or by giving money to a friend to purchase something for me with their credit card... so it looks like it'll be a while before I get this NEEDED item... Maybe I'll have to dive into Poser and Rhino and Photoshop and UVMapper and try to figure it out myself...

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!

JetM ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 3:51 PM

Hmm, I don't HAVE to eat this month, do I? Great stuff, Anton!

tonymouse ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 4:41 PM

Friday?? you promise!!! AM OR PM, Can't wait!! This exactly what I have been wishing for. I bought the beard prop from DAZ right after I found out about them. it is not very usefull unless I am doing cartoons. Can't wait!! Can't wait!! Can't wait!! Can't wait!! I'm Getting a bit obsesive here are'nt I. but that's how good it looks. There can't be enought hair for michael. head or body ( I am working on that one myself )to suit me!! I am a bear and want to make bears.

dirk5027 ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 5:34 PM

i agree with tonymouse, mike needs more things, really excited about this

Xena ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 6:24 PM

Anton, I'm going to just smack you if you don't stop making things I HAVE to get LOL And not only that, but it will make me work with Mike! Sheesh. No more pin-ups .. the crowds will be so displeased. NOT HAHAHAHA Excellent work. I just adore the image in post #16. I can see me doing a Wolverine render in the near future ;)

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 6:43 PM

I can see it now ... Friday afternoon ...

3:56 PM -- Mystery model arrives at the DAZ store

3:59 PM -- Anton's beard arrives at the DAZ store

4:02 PM -- DAZ servers crash due to overload

5:00 PM -- Global unrest; riots in the streets

6:23 PM -- Major cities in flames; reports of cannibalism

7:41 PM -- Mass suicides; governments overthrown

8:17 PM -- Martial law declared; The Simpsons is cancelled

9:04 PM -- Somewhere in northwest Montana, a baby cries

9:23 PM -- Fire and brimstone coming down from the sky, rivers and seas

boiling, forty years of darkness, earthquakes, volcanoes,

the dead rising from the grave, human sacrifice, dogs and cats

living together, mass hysteria

9:56 PM -- DAZ servers go back online; peace is restored

(except in Montana)

Jinny ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 9:06 PM

I'd like to say WOW, but that's been done. I will just have to settle for AWESOME! Jinny

Xena ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 9:24 PM

LMAO @ Little Dragon

hauksdottir ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 9:53 PM

That was very believable until Little Dragon got to the bit about dogs and cats living together. Sheesh! Anyway, this is another "must have". Does anybody have small sections of REAL braided hair? They could be woven into these strands quite barbarically. :) Thank, Anton!!! Carolly

pendarian ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 10:27 PM

This looks really great Anton! What I am most excited about is how this new info will effect clothing!!!!! Won't that be wonderful!!! Pendy

PheonixRising ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2002 at 11:39 PM

Well I just woke up. I was laughing in the face of sleep when I passsed out. Glad you like the beard. I had fun with it. The hair does depend on morphs, of course, for the specifics. But awhile ago I came up with the idea of expoiting what poser does best, posing bodyparts. It occured to me when I noticed that in one of my clothing cr2's the old hand group was bending the cuff of the forearm even thought here was no hand present. Poser thought there was a hand because the cr2 said there was. So Poser created the blend zones for one off of the forearm. This made me think that this was important in that it could be modified to specifically creating "helper" bodyparts that acted alot like magnets do. Bodyhandles are bodyparts not connected to the mesh but still present lending their rotational parameters to deform the mesh. Similar to the way the legs and abdomen affect the hip on characters, these Bodyhandles are connected only by their blend zones. Encircling the hair, as visible cones, when each of the seven is rotated the hair mesh is affected and thus advance posing begins. When posing is complete, simply make the Bodyhandles material transparent It is taking something poser does alrealy and maximizing it. Think of it as body parts acting like magnets. It allows posing on a mesh that has no sub-group of it's own.

lourdes ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 8:45 AM

Thank You Anton....it works! Woohoo, time to play! Oh, one quick question....when you said make the material transparent...did you mean that there had to actually be mesh there? Lourdes

PheonixRising ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 12:39 PM

Hey there, So that they can be selected and manipulated eaily the bodyhandles are represent bu colored cones pointed at at region the affect like a cursor. They all have a material that is just slid to 100% so they are invisible when the render is made. You don't need a mesh for the bodyhandles but it makes it so much easier to see what is happening.

lourdes ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 3:49 PM

Thanks again Anton...had some fun playing with it for a bit earlier...and yes, it would have been easier to have something there to click on to select the part for posing...that's exactly what I found myself trying to do unconsciously...lol=)

PheonixRising ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 7:17 PM

Cool lourdes. You tried the method? what did you try it on?

lourdes ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 7:33 PM

I was playing with the P4 halter dress...trying to get it to sit down...so I added another body part between the thighs and connected to the hip. Still needs alot of work with the joint parameters but it's very possible. I was trying to get this effect with a cape that I made and I broke it down into different body parts/groups which split apart when posing...now I can go back to that cape and hopefully try and implement this... Thanks again!

Traveler ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2002 at 8:17 PM

I was working on something similar for a dress myself, would you believe I found it the same way, in the end of the sleeve. The mesh as handles is a great idea. I will have to find the files I was working on and take another go at it. -Trav P.S. The hair/beard looks great

Jelisa-j ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2002 at 2:06 AM

THUNK ya, WOHHW!!!! Great! what a Happy accident! Good One Anton G ~:)

msurges ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2002 at 9:18 AM

Falling off my chair laughing at Little Dragon.... YES! That about sums up what will happen. The excitment is reaching everywhere (hence my presence here) and we over in Bryce are just as jazzed as you here! Skirts next? Praise be! Thank you, Anton. m.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.