Fri, Sep 20, 6:59 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / OT

Welcome to the OT Forum

(Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:07 am)

This forum is a place to relax, unwind,and
discuss topics which may not be appropriate for the other forums.

Remember to stick to discussing issues, not members.
Personal attacks will not be tolerated.

We want this forum to be enjoyable for everyone.
Please read and understand the TOS before posting.

Subject: My official request to Renderosity Admistrators to ban Legume

liftan ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 1:22 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 3:35 PM

_I request publicly to the Renderosity Administrators that they ban Legume from their site. Cause: Insult to foreign members of this Community in his placard where the words :"Christ among the savages of Ancient France". I don't care of the Christ thing... But Legume, this time, broke the TOS, I really believe he did, and I hope the Adms will ban him for this. AAnd I am rquesting his immediate ban ! his person has gone too far, I am sorry, but it's true. He knew very well that there are some french members here. He insulted them with this placard on purpose, and then he of course by the way insulted me too. You can't let french members being insulted and treated "savages" even to make a joke, like he would say it was. I criticized him, but honestly tried to get in touch and I relize today thatsuch hateful persons are here to provoke, and that's all, they are real hooligans for this site. Legume is not alone in this case. I was answering him with harsh humour, thoinking he was a good guy, but he is is a hateful person, and I think he has nothing to do here, I am not jealous of his victory becoming the "artist of the month" because being the artist ofthe monh is not my goal. I thought at a tome he was joking, the same time I was trying kidding too, thought he was a mad but nice guy, but he is really a hateful person. I tried to be nice, but this time, he is insulting people from a foreign country. I am sorry if it was not my country, I would act the same and would ask for his ban the same. _You know I am still french (newly American citizen), he knows it too, and now all of us know he did that on purpose and with hate. This is not tolerable. Renderosity will decide. I take personally the terms "savages of ancient France" as an direct xenophobist hateful direct common & individual attack against french people, and french members here on Renderosity. I am one of them. Thank you or your attention. Alf (liftan for Renderosity.)

Mehndi ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 1:47 AM

Liftan, the thing I like about Legume is he does not discriminate. He is like Howard Stern. He hates and insults everyone equally, so why should the French people be immune? Learn to laugh and you will live longer.

zardoz ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 1:52 AM

I agree! I love rabbits and I hate to see pictures where they are forced to fly planes or ride armadillos. That's soooo cruel!!!!! (just kidding) :-).

MadYuri ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 1:56 AM

Thanks liftan. After reading your post, I noticed that I didn't browse Legumes gallery this week. I just go now and look at some of his great work, before he gets banned from Renderosity. snicker

troezi ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 2:09 AM

ROFL

Micheleh ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 3:02 AM

Liftan, I have two requests: One, take it where it belongs. A diatribe in a public forum is not a request to the Admins- an e-mail or IM is. This is a request for public support, which is totally different. Two, leave it there. If I see further pursuit of this in this forum, I will have to lock the thread. I am sure that if the original post were by Legume, listing all the reasons why you should be banned, you would not want it to go on. That's enough. Take it to the admins- directly.

Ironbear ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 4:31 AM

Er... Ancient France didn't have savages? I'm sure that'd be news to the Romans and Gauls... probably to the Vandals and Visigoths also. Those who refuse to remember history are doomed to keep stepping in it.

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

DgerzeeBoy ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 5:33 AM

In fact, I request (officially, of course) that everyone be banned. In one swell foop. Just get it over with, and lets get on with the business of creating art. Well...first creating an entirely new membership...but then, creating art.

After a few months, let's ban those people and then start again. And then again. Fresh meat every few months.

Glad I could get that off my chest...Thanks for listening.

Now everyone: OUT!

welcomesite ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 6:46 AM

How about that French judge in the Olympics? What a turd!

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 7:31 AM

...... 'scuse me, 'scuse me, just passing through.....waving to the people here I know

welcomesite ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 7:34 AM

How about them French people that gave us the incredible Statue of Liberty? They were so cool.

liftan ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 9:21 AM

I posted my request officially today Wed, 13 Mar 2002 09:47:21 -0500 to Renderosity Administration. Now the decision doesn't belong to any of Renderosity members, but it is exclusively in the hands of the Aministrators. _So I think it is useless for anyone of us to go on with this "Forum News" first message, as well as for replies on this specific message and case, until the official decision from Renderosity site is received by each of us. I will respect any decision they will make in any circumstances. I hope you would do the same. And I thank you in advance if you do. Personal comments will be welcome only on my private e-mail after this decision. Just because what will happen after about me or legume won't have to be discussed publically. greetings. Jean-Pierre Mayet (nickname:liftan, AKA Alf)

bloodsong ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 10:13 AM

yup. ancient savages in france. they did those cave paintings at lascaux.

Legume ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 10:22 AM

There were several times I thought Liftan was trying to contact me. Maybe to ask a question or my opinion, or something, but to be honest, I hadn't the damnedest idea what he was saying. He even posted an image in his gallery where he put my face on Jesus's head in the Last Supper. Now he wants me banned. Part of me wants to laugh at this, the other part just wants to scratch my head and say, "Huh?". Anyone who looks at that picture and sees it as a racist attack SERIOUSLY needs to consider treatment for their persecution complex. In the words of the French knights who guard the Holy Grail, "I fart in your general direction!"

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 10:22 AM

Now go away or I shall taunt you some more!

Legume ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 10:29 AM

Your mother was a hamster and your father reeks of elderberries!

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 10:33 AM

How'd you know that?

Legume ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 10:33 AM

I wave my private parts at your aunties!

x2000 ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 11:25 AM

"I hadn't the damnedest idea what he was saying" So it not just me, huh? "So I think it is useless for anyone of us to go on with this "Forum News" first message, as well as for replies on this specific message and case, until the official decision from Renderosity site is received by each of us." Translation: I've had my say and everyone else can just keep their mouths shut. You still just don't quite get the idea of a FORUM, do you? Let's see here, Liftan: In the last week or two, you've attacked Jack D Kammerer, Micheleh, Virus, Legume, and yours truly (and probably others I've missed). And you have the nerve to call Legume a "hateful person"? HA! And here I thought you had no sense of humor...

twillis ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 11:38 AM

"Le gume" is obviously a French name, so this is all a big misunderstanding.

x2000 ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 11:39 AM

By the way Legume, do you think you could whip up something to offend the Brits next? I mean, they DID create the Teletubbies. They've got it coming!

Legume ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 11:44 AM

Liftan, Amicain suis moi sans le fromage sur l'armadillo ainsi l'interdiction de moi il est absurde! Vous ne nouez non des poulets et des espadons du sommeil sur le train de la France mon panier de chat.

cake1 ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 11:45 AM

Liftan, is that a joke or something?

i don't know you, i don't know Legume either, but i'm french, and i don't see a damn insult anywhere....

So all i can imagine is that's a joke...

....or just provocation maybe.. ;o))

Cecile

cake1 ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 11:48 AM

hey Legume... I don't know if you used a automatic translator, but if you did, please, send us the url, as what you wrote means absolutly nothing lol

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 12:05 PM

I think he invited him to chat about cheese and armadillos?

twillis ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 12:05 PM

It was deeply moving. I weep. hohn! hohn!

zardoz ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 12:14 PM

"Liftan, is that a joke or something?" Of course ;-)... at least I hope so... Now, come on! Don't tell me that he was serious! ::scratch his head and feel confused::

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 12:14 PM

VIVA LA.... ::blinks for a moment and scratches his head:: what the hell were we talking about again?? Jack

dreamsosweet ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 12:30 PM

According to babelfish, it translates to.... American am me without cheese on the armadillo thus with the prohibition of me it is absurd! You do not tie not chickens and let us espadons sleep on the train of France to my basket of cat. Guess you can't have cheese and armadillo without some chicken and cat to go with it, LOL!

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 12:36 PM

Sounds like a recipe. Cheesy armadillo with tied chicken and cat in a basket. Prohibeted on French railway transit.

zardoz ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 12:38 PM

What we were talking about, Jack? lemme see: Legume made a pic with some lunchboxes with teeth and called them "savages of Ancient France".. Now Liftan is offended because he think that savages of Ancient France don't look like lunchboxes with teeth... and now Legume invited him to a chat about cheese and armadillos?? That's at least what I understood till they lost me ... ~8-o

Impudicus Rex ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 12:39 PM

I speak that wacky Canadian French, myself ... And I really couldn make hide nor hare out of Legume's keen lingusitic insights. Runninin it backwards through the online translator we get a form of English rich in poetry all it's own: "Liftan, American am me without cheese on the armadillo thus with the prohibition of me it is absurd! You do not tie not chickens and let us espadons sleep on the train of France to my basket of cat." Sheer eloquence! :)~

welcomesite ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 12:52 PM

"Personal comments will be welcome only on my private e-mail after this decision." Oh no, please continue to amuse us publicly. Americans are puzzled because the French think Jerry Lewis is great. Does anyone know why they think Jerry Lewis is great?

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 12:54 PM

I wsan't even aware that the French like Jerry Lewis. What's their policy on Dean Martin?

dickbill ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 1:02 PM

I am sad to see that it's easyer to post completely unrelated 3d subjects, crap mail, rude language, insults and so on, here again with absolutely no content related to the 3d field, than to request a new forum and a new gallery for a 3d software in what is supposed to be a 3d dedicaced forum. yeah, let's talk about french assholes, Imperialist uhmraricun and the wisigoths instead... Richard

welcomesite ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 1:10 PM

Boohoo ... people aren't talking about what I want to talk about.. Waaaaahhhhh

MikeJ ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 1:14 PM

This is the Forum News and Team Contact forum. The Community Ideas forum is where requests, etc. go.

zardoz ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 1:22 PM

Hey Richard, I just finished 12 hrs. work with Excell, and I don't feel like touch an additional work now.(3D or what ever) So just allow me a little break and some relaxation with this nonsens-thread, would you? If you're looking for 3D related topics, we have one of the best Lightwave Forum here and I think the other topic Fora are not bad too. If you want to sugest a new forum, I think the "Community Ideas Forum" is the best bet for that stuff. And it wasn't my intention to offend or insult anyone. I'm just fooling around. And I love France and I'm a really fan of Bordeaux and their wine :-). Cheers Thomas

Micheleh ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 1:31 PM

Cheese.... lavender.... creme brulee..... wine...... cuisine.... fashion...... castles...... joie de vivre...... That's it, I'm moving. ;]

Crescent ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 1:39 PM

Snicker ... comes back, checks on this thread again to make sure it wasn't a weird dream ... shakes head and tries to keep a straight face ... Snicker

Micheleh ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 1:55 PM

Croissants! I forgot! (Thanks, Crescent!)

zardoz ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 2:07 PM

and literature, girls, art, cognac, movies, Asterix cartoons.... :-).

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 2:08 PM

OOOOOOOOooooooooooohhhh that is what we were talking about... okay... FRENCH FRIES!!! Jack

x2000 ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 2:13 PM

Just so that there are no misunderstandings, I want to make sure that everyone knows that the Coneheads weren't really from France, they were from the planet Remulac. Lying bastards.

x2000 ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 2:14 PM

And lest we forget, I must remind you all of France's greatest contribution to the world: French kissing!

twillis ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 2:41 PM

Which was probably invented by Ancient Savages.

Micheleh ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 2:43 PM

I think it was ivented by Cassanova, actually. (Or was it Casanunda?)

Mr Codini ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 2:49 PM

Anyone who doesn't worship Jerry Lewis as a god

Mr Codini ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 2:50 PM

and then we'll see what happens

hauksdottir ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 3:13 PM

I've started to check this forum first, simply because I need a dose of humor to start the day. This thread has provided a couple of snorts and a giggle, for which I thank you all. I'm glad that my sight translation of Legume's message was close to accurate, since it has been 30 years since I've seriously read French... but words like "fromage" leap off the page. Unfortunately they fail to jump onto my plate. And then you guys started talking about croissants! And wine! How cruel!!! (Looking at 2 slices of naked hazelnut bread and coffee which is already cold) Humor may nourish and support the spirit, but I'm hungry for a nice fresh croissant slathered in real butter. :( Carolly

Micheleh ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2002 at 3:18 PM

Now serving croissants and butter in the OT forum. Someone will jump out of the cake, as soon as I get a volunteer. 8]

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.