Wed, Sep 18, 3:05 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Eric and Patrick

picnic ( ) posted Sat, 22 January 2000 at 12:39 PM · edited Sun, 18 August 2024 at 11:23 AM

file_120887.jpg

I've just been calling them that since I started with them--and then decided they were probably outdoors types--likely fishermen. And--it just went from there. I'm using George Deep's great new P4 male textures but tweaked them a bit (added stubble to Patrick, tweaked their eye color, etc.). I used Tim's bald male hair, I think, and a standard male hair but I tried applying Yamato's Kyoko hair texture to them and it worked okay. I post worked both but I got that 'texture' to begin with that I wanted. Mico's sweater texture, recolored for Patrick. Eric is the more 'Nordic' type on the left and Patrick the more 'Celtic' type on the right. Diane B

Kalypso ( ) posted Sat, 22 January 2000 at 1:23 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Hey Diane, nice catch! :) Seriously, I like what you did with both of them and Mico's sweater recoloured sure looks great. I think I'll go try it with a bunch of textures I don't use.

PhilC ( ) posted Sat, 22 January 2000 at 1:24 PM

Just goes to show what can be done... good job

Tartan ( ) posted Sat, 22 January 2000 at 2:31 PM

Whoa! very nice Diane.. the only thing that bothers me about them are their eyes.. they seem too flat.. They remind me of some old acquaintances at Poor Pauls Pourhouse when they had been partying all night .. G Tartan

Milaja ( ) posted Sat, 22 January 2000 at 2:52 PM

wow these looks great!!!!!! but I agree with Tartan about the eyes, maybe add a little white "dot" to make them look more alive? always enjoy seeing your pictures!!

picnic ( ) posted Sat, 22 January 2000 at 4:59 PM

Gotcha'!!! You are exactly right about the eyes. Makes me mad sometimes when I don't catch things like that (grumbling to myself). Thanks all. Oh, and Kalypso, sometimes I recolor them right in Poser and sometimes I do it in PSP and save them as a different texture. I especially do that with hair--have redheads, blondes, etc. in Allie's and both Kyoko hair(s). Diane B

Freakachu ( ) posted Sat, 22 January 2000 at 6:53 PM

Eric: Check out that outfit. Patrick: I know, it's so Steve McQUEEN... Both chuckle heartily about Freakachu's fashion nightmare and head out for latte. The eyes look fine in that context since the light is being reflected away from those two.

kristyn ( ) posted Sat, 22 January 2000 at 7:22 PM

very cool Diane :) they look like brothers. about the eyes--- maybe you could reduce the iris size... they look a little large. kristyn

melanie ( ) posted Sat, 22 January 2000 at 10:13 PM

I recolor the sweater all the time. I just go into materials menu and apply a color in the color picker and it automatically changes the color with the sweater texture on it. You don't have to change the color of the texture map itself. As for the eyes, I agree. I think you should use Catharina's eyes on them. I've started adding those eyes to all my texture maps because they're so real. Melanie

jje ( ) posted Sun, 23 January 2000 at 3:27 AM

So so so much better than the dork. I don't think men's faces are so unlined, IMHO. I tend to think we are a more cragy lot. Love the 5 o'clock shadow on Patrick! Just a thot. Using the goatee on Eric's tex as the base, should we be able to transmap a beard prop over it? They are standing a bit TOO close together aren't they? (Ok ok I retract that.... :) [ducks] jje

melanie ( ) posted Sun, 23 January 2000 at 9:59 AM

LOL, my sister saw it and she thought they looked a bit too cozy with each other. :-) Melanie

picnic ( ) posted Sun, 23 January 2000 at 10:14 AM

I agree about the eyes. I touched them up for post to the ABCG ng, but I just found Catherina's in my unzipped file so I'll get them out and fiddle with them with my textures-George's texture had very very blue eyes and I slightly touched them up. I didn't save these as PZ3's so can't redo the image--in fact, I did each separately and worked with them as layers resizing Patrick for distancing behind Eric. I prefer to work in PSP when I'm using backgrounds, altho' I usually bring the background into Poser as background to see if I like it. I've gotten so used to creating separate figures to load into Bryce that I rarely do a multi figure in Poser--also because I prefer not to 'crash'--occasionally that happens when I load too much into it. Y'all really are into the 'coziness' aren't you? LOL I suppose I could have moved them further back into the picture and had them further apart--up this close I couldn't get them much further apart and get them in the picture together. Picture someone saying "let me snap your picture and get closer together so I can get you in the viewfinder" G. Also, I thought I showed Patrick standing >behind< Eric by the fact of the sizing of the 2 images. Diane B

Rorschach ( ) posted Sun, 23 January 2000 at 4:10 PM

Great work. The left guy reminds me of an old boss I had. Argh...traumatic flashback!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.