Thu, Sep 19, 3:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:38 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Renderosity supports crimes against women?

Dark_Raven ( ) posted Mon, 20 May 2002 at 10:42 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 8:57 AM

Attached Link: http://eternal_salvation_02.tripod.com/Images/Dark_Raven_001

Okay I had my image taken down because it was not proper material, basicly it was an image of a female avenging an attack against a women i see nothing wrong. It was an image making a statement that we girls will fight back but no someone found it offences maybe becuase they fear that girl might do that to him next time he tries to force himself upon a girl anyways here is the link to see the image let me know if you think its to much, which i have seen worse on here. and if you feel renderosity is wrong in removing post here to put my picture back up** gives the finger to the person in charge of deciding which images stay and go as my last great act of defiance**

Dark_Raven ( ) posted Mon, 20 May 2002 at 10:47 PM

Attached Link: http://eternal_salvation_02.tripod.com/Images/Dark_Raven_001.jpg

Try this link sorry about the last one i was mad and typed to fast

ronknights ( ) posted Mon, 20 May 2002 at 10:47 PM

The link won't work. It said the page or file isn't there. Maybe the link itself is wrong, or Tripod yanked it?!

Dark_Raven ( ) posted Mon, 20 May 2002 at 10:49 PM

no i just typed it in by hand if you have to highlight copy and past it and it will come up or maybe renderosity is trying to stop me from showing it anymore

ronknights ( ) posted Mon, 20 May 2002 at 10:51 PM

Attached Link: http://eternal_salvation_02.tripod.com/Images/Dark_Raven_001.jpg

I just guessed that you had left out part of the filename or link. You had forgotten to include "jpg". Here is the proper link. I understand that you want to make a statement against violence to women. I hate violence. I hate men who abuse women to such extents. But I also abhor violence "in general." I had some difficulties with your image for that reason. Ron

Dark_Raven ( ) posted Mon, 20 May 2002 at 10:53 PM

Hmmm why is such a double standard you will all go out and watch movies, tv shows read stories about crimes against movies its all good but the minute us girls make a stand about it you want to shut us up Power to us women i say all women rise up in your beds tonight and cut your mans penis off

Dark_Raven ( ) posted Mon, 20 May 2002 at 10:56 PM

for the record i actually saw an image today of a man having sex with a girl in a chair but i guess that is okay to defile women that way as long as its against a women huh?

Photopium ( ) posted Mon, 20 May 2002 at 11:06 PM

What is wrong with having sex in a chair? -WTB

Huolong ( ) posted Mon, 20 May 2002 at 11:12 PM

Back in the Sixties and Seventies ... this sort of art was so tame, certainly not controversial. The Guardians of Correctness, both Left and Right ... have really ovedone it ... and to hear artists argueing in favor of repression and censorship is strange to my ears. And I didn't even like the hippies.

Gordon

tasmanet ( ) posted Mon, 20 May 2002 at 11:12 PM

Whats wrong with having sex in/on a chair. My wife and I do it all the time , and on a chair sometimes ;-)

Dark_Raven ( ) posted Mon, 20 May 2002 at 11:18 PM

there is nothing wrong with sex in a chair i enjoy it but but the fact is that there is nothing wrong with an image of a girl defending herself well excpet that the image god here dont like thats probably cause its the only way he can get some is to drug a girl and take advantage of her

Dark_Raven ( ) posted Mon, 20 May 2002 at 11:18 PM

oh and to you renderosity people you want to kick me off cause of freedom of speach go ahead that makes you communist too at that:-)

Dark_Raven ( ) posted Mon, 20 May 2002 at 11:22 PM

you might be able to take down my image but you will never take down my freedom of speach i am a proud american and dont piss me off i got steel toed boots and im not afraid to kick you in your nuts with them

ronknights ( ) posted Mon, 20 May 2002 at 11:32 PM

Hey, I've seen some women and children who were sexually abused by their "loved ones." I've had enough anger against those abusers that I'd likely have tried to kill them myself if I had the chance. Part of me says "your punishment is not harsh enough." But a more civilized part of me says "I hate seeing depictions of violence. Let the courts deal with this sick pervert." I have to let the saner part of me prevail. And let me warn you of one thing: Never never threaten me. Ron

Lyrra ( ) posted Mon, 20 May 2002 at 11:36 PM

Dark Raven, At a guess your image was deleted because it clearly violates our TOS about depicting "rape or torture of any being living or dead". Please don't think that this place is entirely run by men - in fact I believe us chicks outnumber them at the moment. Most deletions are dicussed by the moderators, as all of us are artists as well, and we don't like censorship either so we do our best not to have to remove images. I appreciate your sentiment entirely - I live in New York City, not the safest place for a single woman. As for the sex-in-a-chair picture - it was deleted as soon as a moderator saw it, as it is also clearly against the TOS. If everyone wants to continue this topic, I suggest you move to the OT forum. Thanks for everyone's help! Lyrra

Lost Johnny ( ) posted Mon, 20 May 2002 at 11:43 PM

Oh Yeah, like I'm not gonna log in on this one.....I just had five of my images posted on other web sights dealing with erotic art, I do not include a link, I don't think they are appropriate here, just an opinion. There is an issue whenever we criticize anyone's fantasies, even ones we find revolting, they are, after all fantasies. Renderosity used to have a section for adult art but now we are told to go to "Renderotica" where I cannot get them to return my E-mail with my password, I have tried many times. Thralord has been a staple as well, he too does not return password information, I have tried numerous times. I am revolted as any decent human being is with crimes against anyone, I am amazed at the number of times prison rape is made a joke of, does anyone really think that it's funny? Not me. As for defending yourself, now the flame throwers can come out, you should, first and foremost protect your right to own and use a firearm in self defense, Yoko Ono and Nicole Simpson could have made good use of a very nice no hammer 357 magnum (chrome p lated, very pretty) with limited recoil, easy pulling trigger too. By the way I could not see the image, I have to see it now, now that I'm told not too. It would not surprise me to find renderosity blocking the link, they have, many times tipped over my trash can, I am told it was raccoons, but now I'm sure it's Renderosity. We must have a place where fantasy, erotic art can be displayed without judgment, Renderotica and Thralord seem to be off the table, any suggestions, oh and check out sisters for the 2nd amendment, now lets get those anti gun flame throwers going shall we?

odeathoflife ( ) posted Mon, 20 May 2002 at 11:47 PM

blah blah blah

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

ronknights ( ) posted Mon, 20 May 2002 at 11:56 PM

OK, let's get one thing straight. Dark Raven posted an incomplete link. I posted the correct link. You can see the picture if you use the link I provided. There is something very wrong when someone accuses those she/he doesn't know of anything. I am very much against violence, by anyone to anyone. I've held a beautiful woman and her children in my arms as they battled against the demons of their past, and did their best to realize it was me, and not their past tormentors with them at the time. I will not allow anyone to accuse me of supporting violence against women. I will accept no threats either. I suggest Dark Raven that you take a better look at the world, and realizes that not all men are your enemies. Your life can only be so much richer and more peaceful. That's my last word on this subject. Ron

Kendra ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2002 at 12:13 AM

No one is blocking the link. Tripod is a lousy host. You can't click a link that is linked to an image. You have to copy/paste the url into your address bar and you'll be able to see it.
So put away your cloak and daggers on that line of thought.

As for art and images being used to convey emotion, its perfectly understandable. I think the problem with this particular image is it doesn't convey enough. All I see is a violent image. I don't see what brought your characters to this scene. I understand it being pulled.

Turn it around and imagine a scene where a man who's been jailed on a false accusation takes his revenge. It's a vicious cycle no matter which direction you look. There are men who have a right to this feeling as well. To accuse Renderosity of supporting crimes against women is unfair.

And before anyone jumps at me, I've rendered images that convey my emotions of abuse I've had to deal with. Maybe I'll post them one day, but right now, I just go as far as rendering them. And if they're determined to be unfitting I'd certainly understand.

"Hmmm why is such a double standard you will all go out and watch movies, tv shows read stories about crimes against movies its all good but the minute us girls make a stand about it you want to shut us up Power to us women i say all women rise up in your beds tonight and cut your mans penis off"

There are no men here trying to shut anyone up. Do you honestly see this attitude as helping women? Got news for you, this type of attitude makes things worse.

...... Kendra

odeathoflife ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2002 at 12:19 AM

ok I looked at the picture, I couldn't before (thanks Kendra for pointing out the cut copy pasty about tripod links.) That is definately not renderosity material and deleted with due cause. I still stand by my blah blah blah Though, I have said it before and the way things are going I will be saying it every day the way things are going... You don't like the way renderosity is run LEAVE!!!!

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

Lost Johnny ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2002 at 12:33 AM

OK, I saw it too, learned something new, cut and past, I understand the chopped weenier, but why is the blond in the thong standing facing the wall? Was she the one assaulted? The girl with the knife seems to be unrelated to the blond, also the guy's expression was a little bland, perhaps a loss of blood, although there really should have been more blood, a nasty place to get cut, lots of blood. I am forced to disagree with taking anyone's picture down, even if it violates our sensibilities, we can survive Dark Raven, we cannot survive censorship, I liked the shadows and textures, what did you render in? if it was Bryce it looks good, I use Cinema 4D.

soulhuntre ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2002 at 12:35 AM

It sounds to me like maybe someone has a lot of anger and persecution issues to work out. An image of a man being mutilated is not a positive feminist image supporting womens rights - it is an image that is in direct violation of the TOS. I fail to see how this TOS is somehow selctively applied to protect men on this site.

BluesPadawan ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2002 at 12:43 AM

Lately, there have been several questionable postings to the Poser gallery. And although it has very good posing and light work it is very much against the original and the updated TOS of Renderosity. The depicted violence would be offensive to many - both male and female, and although it's message may be of value to some, it is indeed violent in it's presentation. Blues

Dark_Raven ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2002 at 12:47 AM

Im not going to comment on this topic anymore they took it down so be it but its not going to stop me from expressing my views through my work and i render my image in regular old poser..:-)

Dark_Raven ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2002 at 12:51 AM

one more point i see tons of images of violence, weather it be sword fights, fist fights or what not so how far dose the vilonce meter go before one decides it to much

aleks ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2002 at 1:08 AM

dark raven: "...basicly it was an image of a female avenging an attack against a women i see nothing wrong." sorry, but as i see it, the woman on the right is even more shocked then that guy on the floor. to me it is just violence for it's own sake, i am unable to find out why is she avenging (for what?) anyone...

BellaMorte ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2002 at 1:11 AM

I saw the image before it was removed and then just went on to the next image in the gallery. If the TOS says no mutilation/torture will be allowed to stay up then you really have no right to complain about it as it does go against the TOS here. I do not support the abuse of women but nor do I support the abuse of men. Yes I am a woman. I was abused as a child but as an adult, I understand that not all men are the same. Just as not all women are darling little angels. Never. Never, say you are speaking for all women because you are not speaking for me. I have met a lot of men who treat women wonderfully. My husband included. And seen women who treat their husbands like dirt despite the fact that he is good to her and has never hit her. I'll get off my soapbox now.

Kelderek ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2002 at 1:51 AM

I fail to see the problem here... The image violates TOS. Period. Renderosity is a private site, they choose what is allowed and what is not by having a TOS. If you're a member here, you follow the rules or you go somewhere else. This is not a freedom of speach issue. We are guests here and as such we have to accept the conditions of our host, Renderosity. Of course the TOS can be discussed, but as long as they are written as they are, they should be followed.

XSashaX ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2002 at 2:30 AM

Hmmm why is such a double standard you will all go out and watch movies, tv shows read stories about crimes against movies its all good but the minute us girls make a stand about it you want to shut us up Power to us women i say all women rise up in your beds tonight and cut your mans penis off << Hmmmmmmm.....no thank you. I'm too much of a Real Woman to cut a mans penis off. Also, I would much rather render them in Poser instead. Sasha

shadowcat ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2002 at 2:48 AM
  1. the image violates the TOS 2. the good folks at renderosity can be sued and/or jailed for images that are in their webspace (as unlikely as that is, it is still possible) which is the reason they have a TOS in the first place. This site is american and they must comply with both federal & state laws. 3. looking at the image before reading dark raven's explaination (or if you don't speak english), the only crime being commited is against the man. 4. I personally fall into the "cut it off" catagory as well, with regards to what to do with violent sexual offenders. That and lorena bobbit should have popped the piece she took into the microwave as she walked out the door. interesting side note - a cut off penis, without the blood to support it would look more like a empty shriveled up water balloon.

XSashaX ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2002 at 3:24 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains violence

1. I personally fall into the "cut it off" catagory as well, with regards to what to do with violent sexual offenders. That and lorena bobbit should have popped the piece she took into the microwave as she walked out the door.<<<

Jesus!! I would NEVER consider Lorena Bobbit some sort of hero or leader of 'Cut their penis off' womens movement. That woman is sick and that was a psychotic act of the first magnitude. BUT if she had KILLED the son-of-a-bitch, I would have some sympathy for her. :)

Sasha

sorry shadowcat that wasent aimed at you, that whole Lorena Bobbet thing disgusts me. :)

Jaqui ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2002 at 3:35 AM

hmmm.....Dark Raven, a glance shows the image is against the tos here, but I"m sure if you went to rotica and posted it in thier x-horror gallery you would get just as much of an uproar. partly because a lot of men are extremely disturbed when seeing a woman capable of defending herself. partly because all violent images cause reactions. just a couple of questions for you: 1) why have the knife strapped to the back of her hand? 2) why not render the blood splatter onto the texture for the victims shoulder instead of having it appear as a 3d object floating beside it? the value of the image in making a statement against or for something is always increased by the realism in the image. though that is just my own opinion. Jaqui

thomasrjm ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2002 at 5:48 AM

What a wonderful way to express "Penis Envy", then get five minutes of fame and publicity by accusing the moderators of Quote:- "supporting crimes against women" because they have a duty to enforce the TOS agreement. I think the mods have been very tolerant by not locking this thread and deleting your Tripod link. Tommy.

ronknights ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2002 at 6:28 AM

Apparently I didn't look closely at the picture when it was first viewed. I had to go back and see the chopped off penis. Dark Angel, I'm very sorry someone hurt you so badly. I can imagine the rage and pain you must feel. There does come a time when you must work past that pain and rage, and you must go on with your life. You must allow yourself the freedom to be a full, happy, thriving woman. You must make your way to recovery, or the evil people who hurt you will have won. Renderosity and TOS are not your enemies. We didn't hurt you, and we don't want to stifle or subjugate you. But Renderosity represents a place where artists can go to share their art and sensibilities. It is not a place to act out our rage, and the baser parts of our human psyche. Dark Angel, I care about you even though I don't know you. I urge you to get professional help so you can advance along the road to recovery. Take care, Ron

Legume ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2002 at 7:30 AM

file_9298.jpg

Sue88 ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2002 at 7:39 AM

I totally agree with Kendra ("I think the problem with this particular image is it doesn't convey enough. All I see is a violent image. I don't see what brought your characters to this scene. I understand it being pulled."). As for women standing up for themselves and defending themselves, you don't have to mutilate a man to do that.

egaeus ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2002 at 8:00 AM

I have fewer reservations about the image's content than I do tips about the image itself. Renderosity is a bit conservative, but they're trying to avoid trouble in terms of children accessing the site, etc. I agree that Western cultural actively advocates violence against women -- not just supports it through silence or inaction, but advocates it. I think in terms of your picture, if the penis was not there at all, it might be more acceptable. I didn't even see it at the first viewing. 1.) The figure who did the cutting is too much in the dark -- it's hard to tell that it is a woman. 2.) For emotionally charged images, I think it's a better idea to be closer on the figures. Such a distance makes the viewer more distant. 3.) If the point is to cut off the man's penis -- if that's the focus of the idea, than that fact needs more focus -- if we don't even notice it sitting there, then something's amiss. If you find that Renderosity is too restrictive, you can do one of two things -- post to Renderotica, or make your images slightly more abstract and symbolic. You can get away with much more with symbolism. One of the reasons for the emergence of Absurdism in European theatre was that playwrights from restrictive countries could express opinions about potentially explosive topics by dealing with allegory and symbols. Unfortunately, in a deomcracy (if what passes for democracy in the world can actually be called that) the government doesn't do most of the censorship -- your neighbor with the small mind and the big mouth does. Mike

Freakachu ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2002 at 8:21 AM

DAMMIT LEGUME MAKE HIM STOP STARING AT ME GOOD LORD HE WONT STOP JUST MAKE THAT RODENT STOP STARING AT ME. MAKE IT STOP PLEASE!

Hiram ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2002 at 9:04 AM

The way I see it, quitcherbitchin. Vengeance or not, if the genders in that image were reversed you'd be the first one with a pitchfork, Dark_Raven. And don't give me that "centuries of abuse and now we're evening things up" crap. You think females don't abuse males? How about this: I do some self-prescribed art therapy and do an image of my Huge Evil Stepmother sitting there with her vagina gashed out and bleeding while I stand by looking small, pathetic and shocked and some big, strong, protective Super Daddy stands there wielding a knife with an expression of Sardonic Wrath on his face. That would be fair, right? Does that put it in a perspective you can grasp? Can you just accept the fact that there are Bad Women out there too? That Men In General are not rapists? Somehow I don't think you're that far along yet. How long do you think that image would last here? Does Renderosity support crimes against men too????

Mr Codini ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2002 at 9:22 AM

You MUST OBEY THE SQUIRREL

wdupre ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2002 at 10:25 AM

"i say all women rise up in your beds tonight and cut your mans penis off" If you are in bed with "your man" what right do you have to do violence to him. if you dislike him that much leave him. violence is never the answer. look at the example of isreal and the palistinians. Violence only begets more violence. (((o.k. I'm running for cover now. OBEY THE SQ....)))

twillis ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2002 at 10:38 AM

Dear Squirrel, I would gladly kill for you, if only it didn't require making an effort. So nuts to you.

twillis ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2002 at 10:56 AM

She was obeying the squirrel. DUH.

Hiram ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2002 at 10:59 AM

"i say all women rise up in your beds tonight and cut your mans penis off" How does chris81173 feel about that?

Hiram ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2002 at 11:41 AM

file_9302.jpg

aleks ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2002 at 11:47 AM

THEY ARE NUTS!

Dark_Raven ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2002 at 12:35 PM

Okay first of all i never said killing men randomly was okay you have to see the image to understand what this topic is about so if you did not see it dont comment on the topic, second of all as for my b/f chris what he thought of the image when i made he laughed his ass off, granted he. Dose that make you think he is a bad person to well let me tell you what a bad person he is. This is a guy that is now on probation for stoping some guy from raping a girl at a club one night, when we left the club some guy was attacking a girl, when chris pulled the guy off of her, he started to attack him, chris beat the hell out of the guy in self defense, the guy is still out there, chris has 5 years probation think about that for awhile before you comment on stuff you have no idea about

kbennett ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2002 at 12:48 PM

Okay, time-out. This is starting to get out of hand. Most have managed to avoid getting personal so far in this thread, but it's getting near the line. Please stick to the issue and stop having a dig at each other. Kevin.

Hiram ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2002 at 1:08 PM

kbennett, if youre referring to my question about D_R's boyfriend, I do sincerely apologize if it came across as a personal dig. It was not intended that way. I was merely curious as to what he might feel about her particular statement, which I quoted, about all women cutting off their men's penises. She responded with his opinion of the picture. My question is simply: why does someone in favor of universal castration have a boyfriend? I feel that's a legitimate part of the topic considering she started the thread. Never meant to hurt anybody, just havin some fun with the ideas.

twillis ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2002 at 1:13 PM

Dark Raven, I think a lot of comments were directed toward your "i say all women rise up in your beds tonight and cut your mans penis off" comment. That's what people are responding to. Not "stuff we have no idea about". Also, the squirrel commanded it be so.

shadowcat ( ) posted Tue, 21 May 2002 at 1:23 PM

response to shasha: even in today's "modern society" it is still difficult to get away from an abussive man, no matter what the woman wants. everyday there are cases of women being abused AFTER leaving. Just last month (locally) there was a woman murdered outside her mothers home because she had filed for a divorce. lorena garenteed that mr. bobbit would leave her alone permenantly. but did he learn? no, mr.bobbit continues to abuse women. in case you missed it, he was recently arrested again. causing him to miss out on celebrity boxing (where he probably would have made a pretty penny) is it a psychotic act? yes, but in the eyes of the law it is the better choice. murder can put you in jail for life (or to death) but cutting "it" off is only an assault.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.