Sat, Sep 21, 3:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: hello there...

fuchsia16 ( ) posted Wed, 19 June 2002 at 6:27 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 1:30 AM

file_13171.jpg

how can i give 3dlook in photoshop, i am trying to make a circular platform well the base look simply flat and i want to make it 3dlike i have given the circle perspective transform.(the arrow shows where i want the 3d base look. can anyone help.. i will be glad ... plz help

retrocity ( ) posted Wed, 19 June 2002 at 9:19 AM

file_13172.jpg

Fuchsia, something like this??

retrocity ( ) posted Wed, 19 June 2002 at 9:21 AM

just a quicky, didn't work to long on the sides... but if this is "somewhat" of what you're looking for let me know :) retrocity

Heronheart ( ) posted Wed, 19 June 2002 at 9:45 AM

Three general guidelines to remember in trying to represent 3D in 2D. 1) Light surfaces appear to be closer, darker surfaces appear to be further away. 2) On a curved surface with uniform markings, the markings will appear closer together as the surface curves away from the observer. 3) Sharp details appear to be closer, blurred details appear to be further away. Of course you will occasionally violate these guidelines for good reasons, but they will help in determining how to achieve the general effect. - Ken Heronheart -

fuchsia16 ( ) posted Wed, 19 June 2002 at 10:58 AM

retrocity,
plz can u tell me how did u do that.
yes, yes just like that
amazing

retrocity ( ) posted Wed, 19 June 2002 at 1:12 PM

file_13173.jpg

Fuchsia16, you'll have to play around the these steps to get it exactly how you want it but here's what i did:

Duplicate the layer and move it verticaly until it is at the depth you want. (If you have it as part of your background image you will need to remove that first)

Make sure your layer order is correct. It should appear like two disks with the top one fully visible.

Duplicate the layer again (this will be for a blur in the middle)

Use the magic wand to select the outer area, then choose SELECT - INVERSE (shift+ctrl+I ) This should have the shape selected.

Run the Blur filter on this selection by selecting Filter Blur Motion Blur. Change the settings to Angle: -90 degrees Distance: 15 pixels (you can play with these to suit your own tastes) Click OK

In the layer palette change the Opacity to 90% for the blur layer.

Create a blank layer and name it PATH (or whatever you want)

With the PEN tool create a path to join the top and bottom shapes

In the Paths tab select the Work Path and click on the small arrow for the drop-down menu and select Make Selection. In the dialog box adjust the settings to Feather Radius: 2 pixels check the Anti-aliased box and New Selection. Click OK

Change back to the Layer tab and you should have marching ants around the path you made.

Select the Gradient tool and select the Black-to-Transparent set. Mode: Multiply and Opacity: 65%

Click and drag in the direction you want the gradient to go (you may want to practice a little on this step you can always CTRL+Z)

Set the layer named Path to Multiply and you should have it. I would also keep in mind the advice Ken posted while you are doing to gradient blend. You can also add a lighting filter effect or lens flare to kick it up a notch!

Play around with this and you should be all set!

sorry for the file size but this was just quickly tossed together...

:)
retrocity

mapko ( ) posted Wed, 19 June 2002 at 9:11 PM

file_13174.jpg

well, the answer has allredy been given, but still here is my variation,

retrocity ( ) posted Wed, 19 June 2002 at 9:44 PM

mapko, nice work. Was your method much different than the above steps? If so, what were the different approaches? I like the way your side wall continues the tone and variations of the top texture. How much time was involved? You did a far better job on the side wall than i did :) thanks for sharing RetroCity

mapko ( ) posted Wed, 19 June 2002 at 11:17 PM

wow thanx :}} my approach may sound coplicated, but it took me few minutes to finish(2-3)(years of suffering with shortcuts) i started by duplicating. that added motion blur on the layer beneath (no path)(big radius,90 vert.)when u add big radious of blur picture gets transparent so i copyed layer several times(like 5-6) and than merged it. added path to cut it and ruffly selected the crack on the top of the stone with laso and rotated it. i errased the raw sel. aprox to fit and spayed it little. since i had my brush on :) i sprayed some more extending the bump (wouldn`t call it a crack) on the left(picking color from the original pick so it fits) i also erased a tyny bit of space witch crack and bump holds, also on the top shell. used selection of top shell and feather it for 2 ph to make the edge look more stone-like. flattened transparency without background. used selection and added some atmosphear shadows(brush/erase). i think thats it. errr now that i have wrote it , i think that it could be done much easier with simillar results..donno... what do you think? anyway im very glad that i had my first feedback on renderosity.:) Marko

fuchsia16 ( ) posted Fri, 21 June 2002 at 6:35 AM

thank u very much retrocity
u r amazing

fuchsia16 ( ) posted Sat, 22 June 2002 at 6:40 AM

file_13175.jpg

well hello retrocity, here is what i came up with thanx for help, i dont like the 3d forum very much but its ok i think, well plz do tell me what u think of this pic ok, good day to u bye.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.