Sat, Sep 21, 12:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: HELLO hello hello

adam ( ) posted Tue, 22 February 2000 at 6:31 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 11:52 AM

Do we need to start another "Echo" message again? Hehe, just jokin around. Hmm, it's oftely quiet around here. =( . Oh well, keep on designing! -Adam

jnmoore ( ) posted Wed, 23 February 2000 at 12:50 AM

Hi guy! 'Just got back from vacation... I saw some of your work in the Gallery -- nice job! I'm in the proccess of wrapping up a project I've been working on for awhile (a set of textures for the skirt and sweater and a set of morphs for the sweater) and it's kept me pretty busy. I got the idea for the textures from an old re-run of a "Gidget goes to Paris" movie. One of the actresses had on a blue plaid skirt and blue angora sweater -- it took me back to my high school days and I knew I had to make it work in Poser. I made the plaid in Painter (modified one of the patterns) and used KPT5's fiber optix filter for the angora sweater (and also the brushed wool effect on the skirt). The Poser 4 sweater was to bulky for what I wanted and I also have never liked the oversized breasts on it either. Additionally, on the Mac version at least, it doesn't fit right at the waistline of the skirt, but fits ok on the mini-skirt (????). I reshaped the breasts, made everything smaller so it's more like a thin, early fall sweater, and made a morph to raise or lower the waist line. It came out pretty good, but my friend, "renapd", says she can improve upon the bump maps for the sweater so that's where it's at now. When she gets done doing her magic, I'll post a picture for you all and try to make it available if anyone wants it. Keep on truckin'....or is that posin'? -Jim

Delrino ( ) posted Wed, 23 February 2000 at 2:16 PM

hey all you guys out there, lets start another over 60thread-posting?! :o) i'm very lazy last days and i guess it'll remain that idle, because i have NO IDEA what picture to make..i'm kind of braindead at the moment..maybe it takes awhile since i want to make anything creative again... but i have a look at you, guys... Karsten BTW, Adam, i was just wondering what you're working on at the moment...your website? see ya...

adam ( ) posted Wed, 23 February 2000 at 7:03 PM

Hey everybody! Hey Jim, what image did you see? I haven't posted an image for a while. Good luck on your sweater texture too! Hope it comes out great. Right now I have been working on my web site. Adding DHTML's and adding more info and cleaning some of it up. If you want to know the site where I am getting some of these awesome dhtmls, they are at http://Dynamicdrive.com/ and http://wsabstract.com. They are fun to play around with. I haven't had much time to work on my tree costume for poser. If you live in America, you might know what the Stanford tree mascot looks like. That is what I am making. I basically finished with the costume, I just need to take the time and learn how to make it into a poser figure. I don't know if anybody wants to, but would anybody want to make it into a poser character for me? The legs and body and eyes are all different objects, so it may be pretty easy. Just e-mail me at afanton@mindspring.com if you would like to help. I am also thinking about working on another image with little people scetching a picture in a scetchbook. One of them is at http://thibs.menloschool.org/~Fanmail3D/therealartist.html. Tell me what you think. Maybe I will make a collection of these kinds of images. I like to play around with small men and women and see what kind of interesting things I can have them doing. Maybe have some playing ball on a desk or swimming in a fish tank. Just some random ideas I may work on. As soon as I have time, I will be making more images. There will be some coming up. Keep on designing! -Adam

jnmoore ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2000 at 1:15 AM

Adam, They were some space images (ie space ship in orbit around earth). It was a little after I posted those images of mine about 3 weeks ago. Good luck on your "little people"! I've never gotten into that aspect of Poser, so can't offer you any advice -- sorry :o( -Jim

adam ( ) posted Thu, 24 February 2000 at 1:22 AM

Oh, thanx Jim. I may need the luck. Working with little men is quite difficult. No problem with Poser stuff, when I have the time I will figure it out. -Adam

Hopalong ( ) posted Tue, 29 February 2000 at 10:38 AM

I am a sucker for the thrice repeated thread titles, Adam, and I apologize for missing it until now. Thanks to your "echo,echo,echo" and Trimegisto's great name, I got one of my best personal works out of it, "Thoth Cubed", working with refraction envelopes in Bryce 3, then really serious work in Adobe 5.0, which I just bought last December. Not only that the "echo,echo,echo" thread got me using contours in Corel Draw 9, worked over as terrain maps in Abobe, and some interesting effects in Brcye that I'd been after for a long time. So thanks all. I don't have a website yet, or I'd post "Thoth", but I am working on two or three, so we'll see. I fell into some commercial work, mostly for print, some while ago, and that's why I bought Adobe, which is an absolute requirement for that, but it's great all around, and I appreciate all the tips from everyone, including the more recent one in 3D Sprite's postings.Thanks all, Hopalong

adam ( ) posted Tue, 29 February 2000 at 8:50 PM

Any time Hopalong. You will absolutely love Adobe Photoshop. Congrats! You just bought the best program ever made! I also use photoshop for printing. For instance, I have made posters for plays at Menlo School. Every student receives a postcard and my posters are ALL over the school, which is pretty cool. I am just learning about how print posters and things at printing places. I have heard that photoshop is VERY poor when it comes to print resolution. Especially when you use text. People have suggested Quarks (I think that is it) and another program I forgot. So I still have to find this program and see how much it costs. So, photoshop is the BEST program when working on images, but if you want to print it, people recommend importing the image into a different program, such as Quark. I am also new to this, so I don't know much about it. Still learning. If you need any help with web site, just hollar. I would be happy to help you out. Do you need to find a sponser? I would love to see your work, so when you are done drop me a line (afanton@mindspring.com). You can e-mail the image to me and I will post it somewhere on my web site just temporarily so people can see it...oh wait, can't you upload it in the image gallery? Oh well, it's all up to you. Good luck -Adam

jnmoore ( ) posted Wed, 01 March 2000 at 7:16 AM

Adam, I'm still trying to get the files over to my friend (her server doesn't like big files), so it'll be awhile longer. I did manage to get the morphs to her yesterday and now I'm working on the textures. I ordered the 5.5 upgrade for photoshop yesterday -- can't wait to try out the new masking filters. -Jim

adam ( ) posted Wed, 01 March 2000 at 10:52 AM

have fun!

Hopalong ( ) posted Wed, 01 March 2000 at 12:54 PM

Thanks ,Adam-I'm snowed under at the moment, but I appreciate the offer. I'll see what I can find out about other programs from the printers. But it may take a while. Again,thanks to all.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.