Thu, Oct 3, 2:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Some of the duct tape comes off

Traveler ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 2:27 PM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 2:23 PM

Attached Link: Poser 5 Gallery

Well, Kupa loosened up our duct tape a little.... long enough for Colm to render some of the new features of P5 (and the first ever render of one of the much talked about new figures... :) Anyways, follow the link, and see some new stuff :) We will say no more... :) You can't even beat it out of us :) -Trav

Syyd ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 2:30 PM

Well, I got the duct tape off, now Im rocking across the floor, still tied to my chair, straining to see the SCREEN!~

genny ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 2:32 PM

All I can say is..........WOW.........I am awe-struck! genny

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 2:34 PM

Wow, these are amazing, I just love this,......oh man, I really can't wait....Sharen :-)

sbucci ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 2:50 PM

homina homina homina

quixote ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 3:00 PM

Amazing indeed. Good work Syyd. May we assume that the software is relatively bugfree? Q

Un coup de dés jamais n'abolira le hazard
S Mallarmé

Virus ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 3:03 PM

Cool Suff!!!

SAL9000 - Hello Dr. Chandra, Will I've dream?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 3:09 PM

Oh COOL :oD But it seems to me that P5 really DO suffer from Glowing Nostrils as much as P4 :o/

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

capsces ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 3:09 PM

Oh pooh! Where is my copy? ;) Beth

Penguinisto ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 3:11 PM

Awesome effects... Not to complain or anything, but why are the nostrils lit from inside? They decide to skip fixing that (groan...) /P

FishNose ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 3:44 PM

Yeah, the nostrils just KILL me..... I think Don is great, but Judy sure ain't a patch on Vicki and Steph.... Well, the most important thing is that the base models are neutral enough to be morph friendly. A base with too much character is just an uphill struggle when creating something unique. I spend all my time un-Vickying Vicki..... But those nostrils! Yuck...

ohman ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 3:47 PM

Just sitting here with a happy smile om my face /Ohman

Colm_Jackson ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 3:52 PM

If you play around in the new renderer it is fairly simple to tone down the glowing nostrils. 'No Glow Nostrils' has been added to the gallery. Colm...:)

FishNose ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 3:53 PM

Oh, and if you want to see some really INCREDIBLE renders, take a look in Trav's own gallerey over at RDNA. Wow, those images.... 'Trapped in the machine', for instance. Killer!

Syyd ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 3:56 PM

Trapped in the Machine is one of my favorite poser renders of all time......You got great taste FishNose.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 3:56 PM

Not to be nitpicky, but... now her nose looks strangely fry compared to the rest of her ;o) Also, how is the no-glo accomplished? I hope it isn't just by postwork. But if it's a feature, why wasn't it used the first time?

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

jchimim ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 3:58 PM

Mr. "Extreme hair" doesn't find his hair style the least bit amusing...

Syyd ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 4:02 PM

No glo nostrils can be achieved in the P5 renderer simply by changing the object color. Ahhhhhhh but you may say you can do this in Poser 4! The shadows that are generated by the new firefly renderer are far superior to the shadows generated in the Poser 4 renderer. This accompanied by a slight change of object color will help diminish that buggary glowing. Why wasn't it done in the original renders? WE FORGOT LOL. No postwork.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 4:02 PM

bleh fry = dry .... :o}

Cage ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 4:03 PM

Wow! The faces look great! Are there any renders anywhere which show how well the joints work on the new figures? How well do they pose in the shoulders, hip, elbows and kees?

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

Colm_Jackson ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 4:08 PM

As one last note: These renders are very very simple. The new renderer has a lot more features that haven't even been touched and may not be untill the user has a chance to experiment. We will be updating the gallery as we go so keep checking back. Thanks for looking, Colm...:)

FishNose ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 4:09 PM

Hey Colm, I dig it! Dang, I hate those P4 nostrils - what a relief this is a thing of the past. I'm so tired of allthe post required..... Mind you, it's not just the nostrils, it's the 'P4 can't throw a shadow at close quarters' problem of which nostrils are one example. The other major one is feet appearing to float above ground because they get no shadow that close. Is this all fixed now in the new renderer? Judy's nose leaves much to be desired in my view - it's a sharp dividing line between her eyes, kind of. Don has it too, but a lot less. I think Judy's nose bridge needs to softened up a lot. And her mouth has almost no detail, no curve or fullness to the lips. The area between nose and mouth is far to big. Her eyes seem to lie too shallow. Pick pick, nag, nag.... Don on the other hand is really good - a really charming guy. Not quite as square and masculine as Mike (who is also fine), and that's good - gives variety. His left eye droops, giving him an asymmetric appearance, which may be accidental in this render, but is not a bad thing. His chin is very square indeed, perhaps too much so. More Judy: Her nose is in fact far too small for her face, at least it appears so in that first render. And the nostrils have such thin walls, they look fragile. Yeah, I know this is not the point of this thread, but I thought I'd give my views anyway. :o] :] FishNose

terminusnord ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 4:12 PM

Yeah, why have we not yet seen any body shots of the new figures..? From what I've seen so far, I don't expect them to unseat Vicky and Mike from their respective thrones. I personally have so much time invested in making 180+ morphs for Victoria, that it would take a pretty stunning new figure for me to give up working with her as my primary model. -Adam

FishNose ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 4:25 PM

180+ ? Haha Adam, got you beat! I'm up to about 350! :o] :] FishNose

jkm ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 4:33 PM

Is there a Cel Sahding render mode in Poser 5?

Penguinisto ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 5:15 PM

whew - you guys scared me for a minute :) Glad to see the nostrils don't glow no mo. BTW - are there lense flare/ring styles and other photographic light effects in Firefly, like Carrara has? (If so, I can delete Carrara entirely :) /P

melanie ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 5:23 PM

OK, I'm an idiot! I can't find the images everyone here is talking about. I only get the Galleries page of RDNA. You mentioned Colm, so I clicked on his gallery and all I get is a message that it's his personal gallery and no one can upload to it. What am I doing wrong. I don't want to upload anything, I just want to see the images you're all oohing and ahhing over. Where am I supposed to look? Help! Melanie Sorry, this pneumonia is causing my brain to crash, I think.

Bobasaur ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 5:25 PM

At the risk of a really big foot in mouth incident - are "Judy" and "Don" the new names for Posette and Dork or are they someone's real name (instead of nick)? -- I have a clue. I just don't know where I put it. --

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

melanie ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 5:25 PM

Never mind! I found it. I told you my brain is crashing. Sorry. I'm just an idiot. :) Melanie

melanie ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 5:32 PM

Sorry for my stupidity. The thumbnail for the P5 gallery was so big, I couldn't see it. Duh! Wonderful images. The skin textures are great. Melanie (Thank goodness I only have two more days of this antibiotic!)

Orio ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 5:44 PM

The wet look is stunning! I'm far less thrilled by the hair sincerely. It looks unreal and "nylonish". I think I'll stay with traditional hair for a long time. I love the two characters! P5 Man is a great improvement over Dork. Posette5 has a superb charming face, BUT, those bad creases on the cheecks, down to the chin... :-( is this lack of resolution, or what?

c1rcle ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 5:50 PM

well kupa did what he said he'd do, let you guys show off with poser5 :) The new figures look great & vicky looks even better in poser5, really looking forward to playing with it myself soonish. Rob

melanie ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 6:07 PM

I have to agree with Orio about the hair, but besides looking like nylon, I think it's too thin and whispy. I can see through it too much. I'm sure Kozaburo won't be put out of business by this new dynamic hair feature. It's a great idea, and looks pretty good for the first version, but it could stand a lot of improvement. I can only imagine what Poser 6 or 7 will be like! Melanie

praxis22 ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 6:11 PM

Judy!?! What kind of a stupid name is that... (With appologies to any Judy's in the audience :) Don, Maybe, looking good though :) later jb

c1rcle ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 6:20 PM

melanie kupa said in a post a while back about having control of thickness of the hair so we can have lovely thick flowing hair as well as thin unhealthy looking hair. Rob

terminusnord ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 6:37 PM

I hope he meant thickness meaning "fullness", and not thicker strands. Thicker strands of hair would look moppish and nasty. What Judy needs in that render is thinner strands, just a lot more of them. The hairs themselves look too thick and wiry to me. -Adam

c1rcle ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 6:40 PM

I think that's what he meant, can't find the original thread so I can't check to make sure. Rob

gryffnn ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 8:44 PM

"Don" looked a bit familiar - then I realized it won't take much to morph him into Spike/James Marsters, with a peroxide and wave job on that new hair.

foleypro ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 9:27 PM

Nam yoho rengay kio,Nam yoho rengay kio, Nam yoho rengay kio,Nam yoho rengay kio, I heard that if you chant this phrase enough your wishes would come true...Well I havent been asked to Beta test yet,So I guess I will just have to wait and grab along with the masses....Hmmmm the vault is how thick?Hey ya guys where is the Lab I got a few friends who want to shake ya down or no I mean shake your hands....AW come on just a little more Puuulllleaseeee...Awesome renders....

Jackson ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 9:30 PM

I like the hair. I think it looks great. When they say, "Hair generation by Neftis," what does that mean? She invented the system or she styled that particular do? Complaining about the names? Surely you jest, they're irrelevant (and besides they sure beat 'possette' and 'dork.') I like everything I've seen so far except I agree that maybe the nose & lips on Judy could use improvement. I just hope Don doesn't have boobs and Judy doesn't have six-pack abs. Sure would be nice to see some full-body shots.

bwldrd ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 9:46 PM

Don't they know women have cheek bones unter thier eyes also?? Sheesh. Why the woman faces all so flat looking? I dunno maybe it's just me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider me insane if you wish, but is your reality any better?

Grey_cat ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 10:44 PM

Don and Judy! What that all about. And I though Dork and Posette were bad names.

Dave-So ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 11:10 PM

Finally some P5 renders :) With all respect, they still look like Poser renders. They look better than most P4 work, to a certain extent, but much is done with the great texturing. check this....its not as good, but close, IMO http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=231213 NUDITY ON THE BELOW PIC http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=230713 http://davesou.tripod.com/face.htm These were done with the same texture as the wet ones exhibited here...not trying to compare my work with the masters, but using their textures to compare P4 to P5.. Not to diminsh the work, as I think it is excellent, but not all that far beyond P4--except the fact the new figures are a big improvement over posette and dork for sure..they do rival Vic and Mike, as far as end result/look. I will really be looking forward to seeing some more work in P5..and will be buying it the second it hits the shelf... sorry about the links..I forgot how to enter them so they are clickable links....

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

jtdavies ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 11:17 PM

Don West and Judy Robinson from Lost in Space is my guess. I am so old.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 14 August 2002 at 11:59 PM

Extreme Hair Styles ... Centauri? :)

jtdavies ( ) posted Thu, 15 August 2002 at 12:37 AM

Great Maker, I think it is.

Q2 ( ) posted Thu, 15 August 2002 at 1:05 AM

Well, the wet look is nice. A little disappointed that Vicky still looks way better than Poser's default female. Hopefully, Judy will be significantly morphable. Don looks ok. Apparently, you're still not allowed to show full body shots (besides the box cover image). Too bad, cause that's what I'd really want to see! Especially knee and elbow bends. Has that been improved any?

markdc ( ) posted Thu, 15 August 2002 at 1:19 AM

Judy looks old.

rain ( ) posted Thu, 15 August 2002 at 1:25 AM

I thought Don looked like Spike too LOL.

Orio ( ) posted Thu, 15 August 2002 at 1:55 AM

So if I understand correctly Dave, the wet loook is merely a texture thing, not a material (shader) feature? (besides, nice comparison shots). About the hair, I think that the main problem is that their arrangement is too mechanical: they "draw" perfect spirals, grow compact in perfect rows, bend more like grass does. Basically judging from what I see, they'd need much more "chaos" (randomness).

HaiGan ( ) posted Thu, 15 August 2002 at 2:25 AM

I LIKE Don. Nicely angular features, just that touch more refined than Mike. Add me to the list of people who saw a resemblance to James Marsters as well (Not a complaint, you understand. Gotta love those cheekbones!). Nothing on the P5 kids yet?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.