Thu, Sep 19, 9:50 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Modeling using multi-replication only- I "Spheres day out".

humorix ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2002 at 11:37 PM · edited Sun, 15 September 2024 at 11:28 PM

file_22450.jpg

The effort was to model by using multi-replication only and yet not make it completely abstract! I therefore used only reflective spheres. This is my first effort. For those who are interested, the complete picture can be viewed [ here](http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=240582&Start=1&Artist=humorix&ByArtist=Yes). Would love to have feedback from fellow Brycians.

EricofSD ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 12:35 AM

file_22451.jpg

Good job, you've moved on to the deeper part of Bryce. Here's a multi replocate thingie mabob.

madmax_br5 ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 1:34 AM

there was something I saw where someone had modeled an entire dragon using multireplication...but the link evades me. If I find it I will post it.

humorix ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 2:35 AM

Well Madmax I had modeled an entire dragon using metaballs. Had posted it here too. Would love to see a dragon done in multi-replication (or might just go ahead and do it myself! :-P)

tuttle ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 10:34 AM

It's a great image, humorix, and I did like your dragon, although I must say, nothing betters your pic "Do androids brag about the one that got away" - my favourite Bryce image of all time! Anyway, I've been messing with Multirep recently (you may have seen my confused post earlier) and I think I've managed to figure out what's going on. I'm a bit away from actually producing a decent image with it, though. I've created some stuff using metaballs in the past, but I've always positioned them manually one-by-one because I didn't know Multirep existed until last week! I wish I'd known when I created "defYance" - damn!

lsstrout ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 12:46 PM

Nice work with the multi-replication. I will have to play with it myself. I have Bryce 4, and I don't seem to have metaballs on it. Is this something only available in Bryce 5? Lin

tuttle ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 1:32 PM

Arghhhhh! The sheer HORROR of multi-replicate! I take back my previous statement - I have no clue how this function works. By entering random numbers in the multirep parameters box I can get objects to follow a path, but there's no way the bastards will rotate so that they're always at a set angle. Looks like it's back to doing it by hand - the reliable, if slow method... ;) Oh, I think metaballs is just in 5, though I've never used any other version so I'm not sure.

FWTempest ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 3:23 PM

true 'nuff... metaballs, tree-lab and better render options were the major improvements from B4 to B5.

Poppi ( ) posted Wed, 04 September 2002 at 6:15 PM

is this one of the techniques that freeze uses?

Vile ( ) posted Thu, 05 September 2002 at 8:44 PM

Going where Bryce has not gone before! Your work always sends my jaw to the floor Humorix

ShadowWind ( ) posted Sun, 15 September 2002 at 1:15 AM

This is incredibly awesome. I'm gonna need jaw surgery soon after it keeps hitting the floor... :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.