Fri, Sep 20, 3:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: how long til your poser 5 was processed?

MachineClaw ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 2:41 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 3:31 AM

I ordered Poser 5 online and Curiouslabs has not charged my CC or sent me anything other than a email invoice.

I'm sure that they are just swamped with orders and my copy will be processed and sent.

how long did it take others who ordered? next day? week?

I emailed curiouslabs and haven't heard back from them.

UGH! ....impatient to get to work on hair n clothes in poser 5.

done venting n ranting

MachineClaw

markm ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 3:07 PM

when did you order ? I ordered on 9/3 , they have charged my card but I haven't recieved a notice that it was shipped yet .

Sassywench ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 3:32 PM

Don't feel bad! I ordered on 8/21 and they charged my card on 8/22 and I STILL haven't got a tracking number!

"Own the Day"

*Live*Laugh*Love*Dream*Believe*

DS user since the first alpha :)

Poser user through P5

Eowyn ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 3:46 PM

I ordered on 28th of August, my card hasn't been charged yet and the order is STILL "processing", has been for several days now. Of course, I'm an international customer so I guess I'll have to wait :/

whbos ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 3:52 PM

I ordered on August 27 (second day air) from Curious Labs (not Renderosity). It was charged to my credit card on August 29 (talk about fast). I just received my Airborne Express tracking number yesterday evening around 5:00 pm (central time). It should arrived sometime tomorrow. What a day for it to arrive. I won't have time to use it anyway since my classes started this week and I have too much homework. In response to an email I sent to CL yesterday inquiring, because I've heard all kinds of stories, I was told that all pre-orders were to be shipped yesterday and today (9/10), and everyone who had pre-ordered should have their tracking numbers by COB today. I was also told that if we had not received our tracking numbers by this Thursday, to email CL. The person above you ordered on 8/21 should inquire. You should have received your Poser5 by now.

Poser 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Pro 2014, 11, 11 Pro

MachineClaw ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 3:52 PM

I got a response from CuriousLabs. they state that it can take up to 1-3 days (per web page info) to process the order. they are shipping pre-orders and then taking care of the other orders. they told me that if i don't hear by thursday then i should tell them.

My own 2 cents: I bet that since Poser 5 wasn't shipping til last friday that they didn't charge people yet and are now doing that but what do I know.

Thanks for all the replys, and curiouslabs was very nice in the email i got and within 4 hrs response time.

I'm gunna be chain smoking next to the companies loading dock waiting for a delivery soon...hahaha!

MachineClaw

whbos ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 4:14 PM

My email said that International pre-orders will start showing up on doorsteps on September 15th. Start is the operative word. It will depend on when you ordered it, of course.

ryamka ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 4:15 PM

Well, I placed my order yesterday morning. I expect more than an email confirm of the order. I expect that I would have an update if they have no intention of shipping it any time this week. If I do not hear from them by end of day Wednesday with confirmation of shipping, I will be canceling my order. I just do not do business that way. They can expect payment immediately, which is their "right", although not generally acceptable mail order practice, but I have my right to reject payment for non-service. - Ray

Sassywench ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 4:25 PM

I got their "standard" form letter like everyone else and then send another email asking for a "personal" response about handling Canadian orders differently because of the extra paperwork involved. Tori said they're being handled the same way as US orders but I have my doubts. If they were, I should have had a tracking number by now. Someone else from Canada hadn't gotten his as of last night either. It's just pesky to say the least...

"Own the Day"

Poser user through P5

MachineClaw ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 4:33 PM

In defence of Curiouslabs and other companies. If a company charges your credit card they are supposed to send you the product. butt Poser 5 wasnt ready to ship until just last week. Curiouslabs web page does say 1-3 bussiness days to process orders, then they have a day to email you a tracking number or shipping details. so it is concevable that even if a credit card was charged, that it could take 4 days before you hear anything about when your product would be shipped to you. I think Curiouslabs is doing the best they can, they listened to their community and didn't charge what they were going to ($500). and it did say pre-order and get it when it shiped. I'm just excited to play with Poser 5, it's like xmas waiting for the morning when i get to open my presents. others have gotten theirs, and I know mine will show up soon. i have faith. sorry i started the thread, and hope it doesnt become a bash curiouslabs. MachineClaw

whbos ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 4:35 PM

After the pre-orders have gone out (if they get them all done by today), they will have to start on new orders that went in last Friday and after. I received my email confirmation shortly after I ordered mine on the website. They didn't give me any updates either and I didn't expect anything other than the confirmation that it had been shipped. I was a little suprised that they took the money from my credit card so quickly since it still had not shipped. Most online companies don't charge your card until it has shipped and this is contrary to what CL's site states. I think the staff at CL are doing a remarkable job and working under very extreme conditions. I can't imagine Microsoft or any other products would be this popular.

ryamka ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 4:42 PM

re: "bashing". Not at all, that was not my intent. If you go back through the forums, you can see that I was (and continue to be) a VERY srong supporter of CL, especially their "copy protection" scheme. However, for me, the issue is a little different. We use Poser primarily as a means to make moving storyboards for animations that we render in Lightwave and 3DSMax. As of right now, we have Poser 4 fully integrated into our workflow/process. I had hoped to get a sample of P5 to play with to see how it can be used to help with our process. If it is useful, then I can purchase additional seats for my staff. However, it appears that there are some significant issues (as I expected there to be) with the v1.0 release. So for me, it is looking less likely that I will need P5 any time soon, or at least until some of these issues are fixed. Added on top of that the charging now, don't receive shipment for an indetermined number of days, and for me, the need for P5 has significantly deminished (I don't think that is spelled correctly). By all means, I encourage more people to buy P5, as it appears (at east feature-wise) to be a solid upgrade to P4 (plus all of you can act as beta testers for the rest of us, heh). At this point, it looks like I will most likely be catching up on the v1.1 or v1.2 releases. - Ray

Cromwell1 ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 5:08 PM

Well, I ordered on Friday morning before the "it's shipping" announcement and have only recieved an email confirming my purchase (checked and my card was charged). I am usually a patient guy, but after them telling us orders that had been processed up to that day would get shipped, I am not at all happy with this. It has now been 3 days and still no word. I understand they are busy and trying to get orders out, but they shouldn't set our expectations like that. I am giving it til Friday and if I do not hear from them or recieve a package from them, I am cancelling my order and never ordering from their store again.

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 5:48 PM

So what time of day is close of business? If they are shipping from Texas it's now past 5PM there. At least I'm not the only one frustrated. Marque

whbos ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 5:53 PM

I live in Texas and didn't know they were shipping from here. Is that where the warehouse is? Close of business I presume is 5 pm. This is the date and time of my tracking email: Mon 9/9/2002 6:36 PM. This is Central time. I don't know if the email times are our time or theirs. I never have been able to figure that one out.

Sassywench ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 6:34 PM

I finally got my tracking number! YIPPEE!!!! Now let's see how long it sits in customs LOL

"Own the Day"

Poser user through P5

Cromwell1 ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 6:38 PM

Finally got my confirmation and tracking #. Now hopefully they will deliver when someone is home.

samcopcutt ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 6:45 PM

hello all, i live in the uk, i ordered on sat the 9th sept they gave me a est delivery date for the 12th sept

samcopcutt ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 6:47 PM

sorry i ordered on the 7th.

whbos ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 7:14 PM

I just called Airborne and they said they don't use the scanning system that the other shippers use which is why it isn't showing up on the Internet. They also said I don't have to sign for it which I thought was strange especially if I don't get it. I won't be home until 1:00 and asked about this. They said to leave a note (signed) saying they can leave it at the door. And they ship by 5pm. I forgot when she said they started in the morning. It's also coming from CA, not TX like someone else mentioned. At least mine is.

whbos ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 7:16 PM

I don't think I'm going to pre-order anything again. Next time I'll wait until the program is available and not everyone in the world is ordering it.

ryamka ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 7:30 PM

Whbos: Yeah, but you get to miss out on the "Christmas" effect - exploring the new product ASAP! Yeah, it is a shame that CL does not have their online store and shipping act together. This is common with small development/self-publishing development houses. My big concern is that CL is trying to make the step, at least in the mind share of the larger 3D community, with the features of Poser 5. My concern is the bugs and issues that are being turned up by the common users. It makes me wonder what in the hell the beta testers were doing during development. I know they got some of the best and brightest from the community, whose quality of work cannot be questioned. But their apparent use of the software can be. I must admit I do not look forward to the reviews in the graphic publications. I am sure they will be complimentary regarding the features, but will be sure to crucify for the programming errors. My God, it is version 5! - Ray

ryamka ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 7:31 PM

Whbos: Yeah, but you get to miss out on the "Christmas" effect - exploring the new product ASAP! Yeah, it is a shame that CL does not have their online store and shipping act together. This is common with small development/self-publishing development houses. My big concern is that CL is trying to make the step, at least in the mind share of the larger 3D community, with the features of Poser 5. My concern is the bugs and issues that are being turned up by the common users. It makes me wonder what in the hell the beta testers were doing during development. I know they got some of the best and brightest from the community, whose quality of work cannot be questioned. But their apparent use of the software can be. I must admit I do not look forward to the reviews in the graphic publications. I am sure they will be complimentary regarding the features, but will be sure to crucify for the programming errors. My God, it is version 5! - Ray

Jim Burton ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 9:15 PM

I ordered Poser 5 on Sunday, through their web store, got the shipping conformation and tracking number late yesterday, Airborn (the shipping company, it is going regular ground delivery) states they have already picked it up. So, far as I can see they have their act togeather.

c1rcle ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 2:09 AM

I live in the UK, ordered my copy the day euro orders were first accepted, my order still says processing, as they haven't started shipping to us yet, so don't feel too sore that you haven't got poser5 yet. Rob

ryamka ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 2:17 AM

Well for me, as mentioned above, it is all an issue of timing. If I can get it this week, I can play with it over the weekend and the start of next week. Otherwise, our next project kicks in and I will not be able to play with it until Christmas. Well, no luck on the end-of-day message for me like JimB got, and my order was only a day behind his, so I guess mine will not be going out. Time to contact Starlet and cancel the order... I hope they will be able to zero out the serial number in the system so that it is not used by anyone else and will be available when I upgrade at year-end. - Ray

ryamka ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 2:58 PM

Well, after hearing nothing from CL, I have decided to jump off the train for now. Looks like our next project will have to take my priority, and trusty P4 wil have to serve us through the end of the year. Have fun guys. I am jealous. - Ray

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.