Tue, Oct 8, 10:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 08 7:44 pm)

Subject: This is conforming?

casamerica ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 3:41 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 11:02 PM

file_23229.jpg

This is the new P5 conforming suit. Standard texture for the suit and I deleted the texture for the pants so what I believe is a problem can better be seen. Now, I realize that there are those out there who believe that this sort of thing should be "expected." Well, I was not expecting it. And I do not find it acceptable... at all. All I did was import the P5 man, import the suit top, conform the suit top, import the pants, conform the pants. No scaling. I have done it in P4 thousands of times. Right at the outset, before the pants were even brought in, there is a very, very noticeable problem with the suit top. But then, maybe I am expecting too much as a guinea pig. Did I tell you that the registration went smoothly? casamerica

aleks ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 3:46 PM

why, those shoulder pads look so eighty... did your registration went smoothly, btw? ;]

mabfairyqueen ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 3:59 PM

he/she just said that the registration went smoothly. I'm only typing this really as a bookmark. heh

whbos ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 4:00 PM

Looks like the coat got caught in a shredder. I take it that the coat isn't supposed to look like that. Maybe they rushed the new figures and clothing before they were ready. Does anyone know if DAZ created the new figures or were they done elsewhere? I figured DAZ since they (or Zygote) did all the ones back to Poser 3.

Poser 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Pro 2014, 11, 11 Pro

maclean ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 4:09 PM

That's the new 'bag-lady goes to Wall St' look. Very fashionable in certain ghettos at the moment. You should be grateful that CL are so chic and trendy. mac Um....didn't I read somewhere that you're NOT supposed to conform the clothes?

Huolong ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 4:30 PM

First time I've seen a suit button at fly trap level.

Gordon

mabfairyqueen ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 4:48 PM

uh whbos, it was runtime dna that did the figures for Poser5, not daz.

Lucy_Fur ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 5:33 PM

?? Do you have/need to turn on collision detection in an instance like this??

Puntomaus ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 5:41 PM

Runtime DNA did the textures, I don't think that they did the figures too.

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

judith ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 5:43 PM

Runtime DNA did the clothing textures, body textures and facial morphs for the figures mabfairyqueen.... we had nothing to do with the figure creation. The figure creation would have been quite an immense project for that few a people in that short a time. Just setting the record straight. ~judith~

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

E-mail | Renderosity Homepage | Renderosity Store | RDNA Store

mabfairyqueen ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 6:00 PM

Oh, okay. I misunderstood who did what. My bad. Thanks for that info. Who did the new P5 figures? Are they posette and dork reworked?

timoteo1 ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 6:02 PM

Try turning on collision detection, and adjust according to taste. I think yhou'll be a happy(er) camper. -Tim

CyberStretch ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 6:18 PM

Anyone notice that yet again there seems to be a problem with the left shoulder (on the right as you view it)? Seems to be a particularly bad area for the new figures.

DragonWalk ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 6:31 PM

Poo happens...whatever...small maladjustments are bound to happen...version 5.01 will fix this... At least registration went smoothly...that's important ;-)

Ironbear ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 6:36 PM

"version 5.01 will fix this... ' Heh heh. I'll bet you a six pack of root beer that it doesn't, Peter. ;]

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

DragonWalk ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 6:40 PM

Maybe version 5.02 then...;-)

PheonixRising ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 7:21 PM

Hi there, Just so there is no confusion. Daz did not create any new content for this version of Poser. Anton Daz3d.com

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

DragonWalk ( ) posted Tue, 10 September 2002 at 7:53 PM

But I am sure poser will still survive regardless...;-) (sure hope so) Daz makes real COOL stuff...but the world of poser has come a long ways...mostly due to Daz allowing us all to clone and re-clone...and re-furbish...and recycle...and re-do...and re-create...and add-on...and alternate...and re-morph...and re-texture...and re-CR2 and re-object file...and mutate...and seed...but it has come a long ways...amazing ya know...if we could get as many different shoes out of one pair of sneakers...Al Bundy might have no job...;-)

MisterDog ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 12:23 AM

Of course, all that re-furbishing and re-CR2ing shall be brought to a halt by the paranoia of new (and possibly unfounded and indefensible) intellectual property claims on the part of certain folks...

PheonixRising ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 12:50 AM

Oh I doubt that would happen. Expansion is a wonderful thing. I think sometimes it is just stressful getting new things off the ground. Once P5 is out and flowing I am would hope everything goes back to normal. We always like to help and see people do clothing and characters. After all the whole fun is making cool things to look and play with. Speculation and doubt lead to rumor and such so where I see a comment I just clearify. Anton Daz3d.com Ps: I like the suit texture. Reminds me of fine wool.

"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

DragonWalk ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 1:16 AM

[Speculation and doubt lead to rumor and such so where I see a comment I just clearify.]....cool stuff...although in my case it's just yammering...not speculation and doubt at all...I know you folks mean well with all you do... Cheers! ;-)

casamerica ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 1:20 AM

Try turning on collision detection, and adjust according to taste. I think yhou'll be a happy(er) camper. -Tim<<< Collision detection altered nothing. It still looks like he slipped his suit coat into a veg-a-matic before putting it on. The suit is unuseable for all practical purposes. I guess the third-party vendors should be happy. And I don't know about anyone else, but if someone tried to sell me a suit with shoulders like that I'd have to wonder what planet they were from. It is going to be a long night... and I'm out of Chez-Its! No Chez-Its! Now I'm really irritated! Well, registration did go smoothly... in case I hadn't mentioned that yet. casamerica

casamerica ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 1:27 AM

Just so nobody gets the wrong idea, if there is something I am doing wrong that is causing the suit to implode I would be more than happy to be made the "Ass of the Day." I just do not see it. I placed conforming clothes from the P5 conforming clothes library on the P5 figure they were made for and they came out looking like a Ronko special. I welcome any corrective advice. casamerica

DragonWalk ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 1:30 AM

PATIENCE....;-) (it's still new)....day one.... CHEERS!

casamerica ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 2:09 AM

PATIENCE....;-) (it's still new)....day one.... CHEERS!<<< Sorry, Dragonwalk, I can't accept that. It is NOT day one. Unless it IS something I am doing wrong, this is something that should EASILY have been caught during testing... it was tested was it not? I did not pay to have to wait for version 5.01 before the most basic tools work properly. And that does not even count the problems being reported in regard to Firelfy. As for patience, well, I'm part Scot so that should explain part of it. ;-) But, hey, my registration went well! casamerica

DragonWalk ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 5:18 AM

Remember the dreaded spaghetti bender saves...?? Recall all the bugs...they were all eventually fixed.... If bugs were to hold places back from releasing things...we might never get new softwares...things happen...you may have found something no one beta testing could...now it will be looked after...or...maybe it IS just a glitch in methodolgy...give them time to sort it out...explain ;-) I understand your frustrations...I do...but at least poser 5 exists...now folks just have to work with it ;-) The alternative....would have been...nothing...(think back)... Cheers!

casamerica ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 6:36 AM

The patience is diminishing and we are rapidly dashing past frustration. Now, please, remember that this is compounded by the fact that I am completely and totally out of Chez-Its! Not one! Not a single little square in the whole fricking house! Anyway, I went to save a render and when I went to change the file format to save it in the save menu, the menu went white. Nothing but white. The only way I could do anything else was to do a crtl+alt+del and do brutal reboot. It gets better. I was rendering a plain, simple pinup type image. Nothing fancy. A 60s type pose. It was supposed to be against a red background. All I did was set the background color to red. I just wanted a simple test. Now, when I render it in the Main window it renders just fine. A nice vibrant red background. I go to render it in a 2400x3000 window and it renders... against a black background. No changes were made to Render Settings other than telling it to render in the New window of 2400x3000. Additionally, I have the case of the disappearing Document Tools. Sometimes they show up and sometimes they do not. Sometimes I have to run the mouse over where they SHOULD be to make them show up. Now, can someone explain this to me? Any explanations at all!? Or, at the very least, send over some Chez-Its? For those interested in such, I am running this on a P4 2.2ghz, 1gig of RAM, 80gig HD with 50gig free and a 64Mb GeForce4 video card. WinXP. Until Monday, when I cursed it with Poser 5, this system had NEVER locked up. Never. It has locked up so often under Poser 5 I'm starting to wonder if its on some kind of timeshare arrangement with a trans-dimensional alien. But I'm sure his registration went as smoothly as mine. casamerica

DragonWalk ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 6:48 AM

Um...really no comment here at all...with your specs...as far as I am concerned...a powerhouse like yours should run almost anything at all with ease...real ease! With thekind of resource you have...I would be ticked maybe...too...if there were problems like this... When it is installed...is their settings that need to be tweaked?...do you have custom or complete...I am assuming that with all you say you have...you would indeed know a great deal about installation and such...so...dumb questions on my part...nevermind... Pardon me...I need coffee....good luck...

mabfairyqueen ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 7:06 AM

Chez-Its. LOL, funny. Feel for your frustration. Haven't taken the P5 plunge yet myself. Have super specs on my puter. If this will be the result, I'm not encouraged. Glad to hear your registration went smooth. Someone else had similar problems in another thread, including the white screen. Hmmm. Might suggest doing a scan for a trans-dimensional alien, just to be sure.

Dale B ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 8:10 AM

casamerica; GF4....What drivers are you running? The latest Detonator driver gives Vue 4 utter fits (gray work area, image multiplication any time you move your cursor, etc. Rendering works fine, but otherwise....) unless you turn off the OpenGL acceleration feature. None of the other Detonator's have done this...although each one has created some trouble (I'm currently running a GF4 Ti4400, and waiting for the games and apps that can use that horsepower). The disappearing workspaces could either be a video driver issue, -or- a Direct X issue (which version?). Just because your system was stable with previous apps doesn't mean it was actually -stable-. If you have Norton Utilities, run the WinDoctor and see how much garbage exists. I always assume it is something in my system first, and do the checklist. That way, if I am reduced to calling a tech support talking head(as opposed to an actual techie with clue), I can reduce them to gibbbering putty by taking their scripted list away from them.... ;P As for the obviously messed up coat... If it had been a download, I could see either a corruption, or one of the friendly download managers like Netscape's Smart Download having re-arranged things. If other people get this, then it's obviously something wrong with the geometry (and we've already heard that fixes will have to be issued for Judy, since part of her anatomy isn't adjustable). But there hasn't been the blizzard of "Me Too's!" I would have expected if it were an actual problem with the content. About the only other thing I can think of is did you by any chance install this through a combo CD-DVD drive? I used to have one, and went through a period of the most =damnable= bugs you could imagine. Turned out that the nice new drive didn't perform exactly right, and randomly corrupted things during install. And it tended to happen towards the end, after the actual program was there, so it got the content (imagine sneaking along in Return to Castle Wolf, past the dam, and suddenly the ground goes lime green, then vanishes, then you get a hard app lock and a string of cannot find texture XXXX errors before a glorious CTD). Needless to say I have a nice, cheap 56X CD player in the monster now. Bugs gone bye bye. Aside from that, about all I can say is I'll see what happens when I get my P5 this week....

casamerica ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 10:16 AM

The system has run rock solid since I got it. Not a single crash, freeze or lockup. I will check, but the drivers were current as of August 31. I have separate CDRW and DVD drives. I have benn running Poser4, Vue4, Bryce4, Cinema 4D, TruSpace and Rhino on it with no problems, no crashes, no freezes, no lockups. This system is used only for animation, graphics and video editing work. Nothing else. I figured that if the system was up to running the other apps with NO problems, it should be able to handle Poser 5. Obviously, I was wrong. I will double check my drivers when I get the chance later today. But I honestly do not believe the problem is hardware related. I truly do not. I would have thought any hardware or system related problems would surely have reared their ugly heads with at least one of the other apps. But I am almost to the point of wishing it was hardware or system related. It boggles my mind. Heck, I figured any problems would have come during registration but it went smoothly. ;-) casamerica

mabfairyqueen ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 10:22 AM

LOL, that must have been one smooth, smooth registration to have impressed you so about it, casamerica. :oD

casamerica ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 10:27 AM

file_23230.jpg

This is what I get BEFORE I even bring in the trousers. Imported P5's Don. Brought in the P5MaleSBSuitCoat. Conformed it to Don and... bingo! It looks like he had a gaseous anomoly out the wrong end. I did nothing else. And I stll have no fricking Chez-Its! >>>LOL, that must have been one smooth, smooth registration to have impressed you so about it, casamerica. :oD<<< So far, mabfairyqueen, registration has been the only truly smooth thing. ;-) Oh, was it smooth. ;-) casamerica

praxis22 ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 10:36 AM

I didn't think that P5 had any more use for a GFX card than P4, it's a simple display device, accessed via the OS, no direct drive involved. (Correct me if I'm wrong) As an aside, I had Norton, etc. installed the first time I ran XP, and it killed my machine, (lasted 4 days) it was more stable without all that stuff, than it was with... YMMV later jb

PheonixRising ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 2:36 PM

Is this those missing back face polygons people where showing renders of? Invert them

phoenixamon ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 3:40 PM

I'm finding this kind of conform error with a lot of the P5 clothes. Yes, the business suit does that. It's a CR2 flaw, and needs to be fixed. With the various tops and pants, many work fine alone but do not fit together. Corrected CR2s need to be released. They can do it though Content Paradise when it's up and hopefully they will. This shouldn't have to wait for a program update. Phoenix

aleks ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 3:41 PM

do we get money for beta testing? ;]P

Ironbear ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 4:22 PM

And at least the registration went smoothly... ;]

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

phoenixamon ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 4:25 PM

Chez-Its. We get Chez-Its. Unfortunately they are also to be delivered by Content Paradise. Phoenix

mabfairyqueen ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 4:30 PM

LOL, Chez-Its, smoothly, LOL

DragonWalk ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 4:42 PM

Believe it or not....unless they are some kind of "cheesies"...I have NO clue what you's are on about...squirrel does but he ain't tellin'... Is this a freebee one gets with Poser 5 now??....maybe after you register?? Doh!

phoenixamon ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 4:48 PM

It's a snack food, little cracker-type jobbies. I don't eat them. Ick. To others, however, they are like crack. Phoenix

DragonWalk ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 4:59 PM

Eeeeewwweeee....don't sound too yummie....even my squirrel say pee-u! (I thought they were some kinds snack....but not smack...LOL!) Well...I gotta eat now...real food!!...Yum....CHEERS!

Scarab ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 6:50 PM

cas....did you try putting the pants on before the jacket?....maybe P5 is trying to conform the pants over the previously set clothing?....just a thought...I aint got mine yet either. Scarab

LeeEvans ( ) posted Wed, 11 September 2002 at 7:50 PM

Casa, we'd send Chez-Its, but they have been stollen by a heard of armadillos.

casamerica ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2002 at 5:41 AM

Hey! Hey! Lay off the Chez-Its! They're not smack, they're not drugs, they're yummy little cheese crackers! Geesh, that was really low. Really, really low. Here I am wrestling with the graphics program from Hell with no crutch (That'd be the Chez-Its) and you guys go off on me about 'em. They're great. They even come in different shapes and sizes! I really like the Sponge Bob Chez-Its. Course now with football starting the football shaped ones are the rule for Sundays and Monday nights. Anyway, back to the graphics program from Hell. You know, that was a really, really smooth registration. I wish all registrations were like that... mmmm. casamerica

casamerica ( ) posted Thu, 12 September 2002 at 5:48 AM

cas....did you try putting the pants on before the jacket?....maybe P5 is trying to conform the pants over the previously set clothing?....just a thought...I aint got mine yet either.<<< Scarab, yep. Tried pants first, pants last, pants first then zip and snap, pants first then snap and zip, pants last then zip and snap, pants last then snap and zip. No difference. But there is good news! I can send Don to work in his dress pants and his pajama top! It seemed to conform pretty well. Oh, well, maybe for "casual Fridays." Ah, how I long for the feeling of ecstasy I felt when my registration went sooooo smoothly. Those were the good ol' days. casamerica

mabfairyqueen ( ) posted Fri, 13 September 2002 at 12:40 AM

LOL, an ongoing theme. Funny. Smoothly...giggle.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.