Tue, Oct 22, 10:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 8:34 am)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: Problem with Product

Hisminky ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2002 at 4:12 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 10:23 AM

I just bought the Ouatcha Nightie and Panties item from the marketplace, and apparently the tester did not catch the MAT pose file error. The MAT pose references a folder outside of the Poser directory(in this case (E:lightwave) and it accessed my DVDROM and subesquently crashes not only Poser, but my machine as well.

ClintH ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2002 at 4:25 PM

I'm having the testers take another look at it ... I will let you know what we find out. Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Hisminky ( ) posted Mon, 16 September 2002 at 4:29 PM

Thanks Clint. By the way, how does one apply for tester?

ClintH ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2002 at 7:55 AM

You can contact me. :) We dont have any openings at this time but I can add you to the list if we ever need a new tester. Clint

Clint Hawkins

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

ClintH ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2002 at 12:04 PM

Hisminky, The tester re-tested the product and it was OK. Are you on a MAC by chance? Clint

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Hisminky ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2002 at 3:53 PM

In this case, your tester is in error. The MAT file has to be opened in a TEXT editor to even find the probelm. Please see the detail in the instant message I sent you. I am not on a MAC, and I have created MAT pose files for quite a long time, so I know without a doubt this product has a problem.

ronmolina ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2002 at 11:26 PM

I tested this product on two computers and it works fine here. May I ask you what you are using it on? I tested it in The Pro Pack and in Poser4. Up to date patches. I am the tester and will assure you that it was opened in a text editor. The paths in Poser with textures dont matter as Poser looks for them. Please understand I am here to help you. What I would suggest is that you resample the textures to about a quarter of what they are in a paint program. They are very hi res. If you can not I will do it for you. You can contact me at ronmiam@aol.com Thanks Ron Molina

Hisminky ( ) posted Tue, 17 September 2002 at 11:41 PM

I can assure you I have Pro Pack and I have all the current patches. If you opened it in an editor and SAW the inccorect paths, why did you pass it? Perhaps it worked on your machine, but as I said before the E drive on my machine is a DVDROM. Yes, poser looks for the files by giving me a DIALOG to search for them. MAT pose files SHOULD look in the Poser 4 directories, not other application directory. Resampling will not help an inccorrect MAT pose file that is pointed at a non-existant directory on my machine, especially considering that the textures files are IN the poser directory. If the file is correct, WHY isn't the MAT pose file pointing at the textures IN the Poser directory? In any case, I have already contacted the merchant.

ronmolina ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2002 at 1:41 AM

You have a valid point. You first have to have a real copy for Poser and the Pro Pack. You can send me it at my e-mail ronmiam@aol.com. Ron

Hisminky ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2002 at 3:07 AM

Excuse me? A real copy of what?

CryptoPooka ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2002 at 4:18 PM

Whoa ... wait a minute. Rosity staff now solicits for serial numbers for their users? Um. Isn't that like Ron asking for a serial so his warez library can expand?

Seven Wolves ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2002 at 4:36 PM

Is there any reason why ronmolina has the ability to cross check ANYONE else's serial number? I am sensing the violent opening of a huge can of worms.

ClintH ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2002 at 6:20 PM

I'm currently looking into this. Hang tight please. Thanks, Clint

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

ClintH ( ) posted Wed, 18 September 2002 at 6:33 PM

I'm currently looking into this. Hang tight please. Thanks, Clint

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Stormrage ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 12:19 AM

?????? going to follow this one closely

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 12:21 AM

Ping... marking this spot. Jack PS: Will the real Ron Molina please stand up?

Ironbear ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 12:23 AM

"Is there any reason why ronmolina has the ability to cross check ANYONE else's serial number? " Is there any reason why Ron Molina should have the ability to check anyone's serial number? Or any business asking to have it sent to him in any fashion?

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 12:23 AM

Oi vey!

LadyJaiven ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 12:50 AM

Whoazers... I really don't feel anyone at RO has the right to ask for anyone's Poser serial #... that's insane. And what does that have to do w/the product files being icky ??

etienneargent ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 12:57 AM

Let me get this straight. If I resize my textures to four times their current resolution, Lightwave will appear on my E: drive?

CryptoPooka ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 12:58 AM

In any case, the tester's response to a query about incorrect files led to the tester accusing the buyer of stealing ... something. Whether he's demanding proof of a legal Poser/ProPack or proof of purchase for the product with the error is only part of the problem. He responds to a question by accusing the member -- who also happens to be a merchant -- of theft in public. A snide "You first have to have a real copy", followed by instructions to send proof to a private AOL address from a product tester is totally out of line. It's not the tester's place or problem to turn into Nancy Drew and find criminals around every corner. He accused publicly, and I'm hoping for his sake that he responds in kind with a public apology for his reaction. As to what Renderosity does about his demands, that's up to Clint. We'll see.

Mehndi ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 1:06 AM

Stormrage ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 1:09 AM

Let me get this straight. If I resize my textures to four times their current resolution, Lightwave will appear on my E: drive? only if you do it properly.. it has to be at 48000000 dpi to work ;)

eirian ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 1:13 AM

etienneargent ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 1:16 AM

only if you do it properly.. it has to be at 480000000 dpi to work Ah, I knew there was a reason I built a half-terabyte RAID 0+1 array! (Running off to resample textures tight enough to bit-map the known universe)

LadyJaiven ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 1:17 AM

[ . ]

Cin- ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 1:22 AM

"Let me get this straight. If I resize my textures to four times their current resolution, Lightwave will appear on my E: drive? "

That made me laugh so hard I almost choked and died!

Stormrage ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 2:21 AM

cin- S you too hmm?

Eowyn ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 2:25 AM

Bookmark. * Eowyn waves at everyone so that she wouldn't seem rude, only dropping her bookmark in the thread.

LadyJaiven ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 2:28 AM

LOL some of you are downright comical :)

Ironbear ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 2:33 AM

Sorry Cin- I tried it. Ended up with HUGE textures, no room on drive:G, and no flipping Lightwave on E: I was SO bummed.

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

Eowyn ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 2:35 AM

Ironbear, did you know that if you load up the P4 default dude and type "iamnotgullible" in the window with your eyes closed, your Poser will automatically update itself to not Poser 5 but Poser 6! And what's more you will get a personal letter from Curious Labs congratulating you for being clever enough to find this neat easter egg? snicker

LadyJaiven ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 2:38 AM

Eowyn.. um.. I got Poser 7... But I typed "iamgulliblesoindulgeme"...

Eowyn ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 2:41 AM

That's right. If you're incapable of following clear instructions Curious Labs punishes you with a buggy Poser 7 ;)

LadyJaiven ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 2:46 AM

Mmmm chicken

Ironbear ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 2:47 AM

grin I must have the only version with a buggy easter egg. I tried that one, and instead I got POVRay for Mac, and an out of date discount coupon for Popeye's Fried Chicken. ;]

• Monkeysmell

LadyJaiven ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 2:56 AM

Ok lol how did my comment get posted before yours, Iron, when I saw your comment 1st and was responding to it ? Geez lol.. I'm all psychic

Eowyn ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 2:57 AM

I was already wondering why you started talking about chicken all of a sudden? :o

Ironbear ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 2:58 AM

Ummm... how'd your chicken comment pop in ahead of the post that probably prompted it, LadyJ? peers suspiciously at browser What, we accidentally upgrade to IE10k, the HGWells Edition? ;]

• Monkeysmell

Ironbear ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 2:59 AM

Heh heh. No sure LadyJ... man, that's wierd. ;]

• Monkeysmell

ronmolina ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 6:48 AM

I am not asking for a serial number but the version number. Sorry for any misunderstanding. If you would like I will e-mail you pp2 files. Please just e-mail me at ronmiam@aol.com. Ron

Hisminky ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 7:06 AM

Hisminky: I can assure you I have Pro Pack and I have all the current patches. I'm sorry, I think I stated CLEARLY in this post that I had the current VERSION of Poser and Propack. Incidentally, I got the SAME error in Poser 5. Go figure. >>Ron: You have a valid point. You first have to have a real copy for Poser and the Pro Pack. I have no other way to interpret this other than you asking to VERIFY my poser licence >>Ron: I am not asking for a serial number but the version number. Again, what does the VERSION of Poser have to do with an incorrect MAT pose file path? And just for giggles, I installed Poser 4 and propack UNPATCHED on my laptop, and darn it, I got the SAME error. I added the PATCHES and got the same error. Funny how that MAT pose file path error didn't repair itself with the CURRENT patched update of Propack. As far as the version of the PRODUCT, that hadn't been REPAIRED until after you made your vague statement about me mailing something to your private email address, so that arguement doesn't hold water.

3-DArena ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 7:11 AM

still his Poser versin numberhas nothing at all to do with a faulty MAT pose - either the reference string is right or it isn't. Very simple concept that. He is telling you that he is looking at it in a text editor and that shows that the reference string ~is~ indeed looking where he claims it is. So how did this get passed and how was this reference missed? "You have a valid point. You first have to have a real copy for Poser and the Pro Pack. You can send me it at my e-mail ronmiam@aol.com. Ron " uhmmm... anybody know what an "unreal" copy of Poser is? And why a "rea" copy should find textures in the E drive??

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

crisodian ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 7:49 AM

uhmmm... anybody know what an "unreal" copy of Poser is? And why a "rea" copy should find textures in the E drive??

I've heard of mythical copies of Poser. They don't have bugs and are about as hard to find as a Snipe :)

ClintH ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 8:06 AM

I'm currently looking into this problem myself. Please hang tight. Clint

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

ronmolina ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 8:22 AM

Please understand I am here to help you solve your problem. I retested now a third time by trying it on another computer I have Poser installed on and it worked. Someone else will also be testing it on their computer. The reason I say it is not a path problem is because, when it comes to a texture Poser does not care about the path because it searches for the texture as long as it is under the Runtime folder. A geometry file is much different as Poser will not search for it and it must be in the proper runtime folder. No testers here, or at any other site that I am aware of, opens pp2, cr2 or pz3 files to look at the paths. Testers load the product to see if it works. If not then some testers will open the files in a text editor to try and isolate the problem. Just think about it this way. Not all people have there computers setup the same. Some have Poser setup In a Metacreations folder, some under Curious labs, and others in in just a Poser folder. Also some folks have Poser installed on their c drives others on a different drive. For me I have the ProPack setup on my e drive and Poser4 on my f drive. If testers were to start looking at paths, or require merchants to so that they are the same as testers setup most if not all products would fail for this reason. I have no doubts that you are having a problem and will go the extra mile to help you solve it. I believe the problem could very well be the size of the textures. The merchant warns that this could be a problem. Here is a direct quote from the store text and his readme file: "if it not render: the textures are too big for your computer. try to add more virtual memory or downsample textures with picture editing software to 2000x2000 for example." His files are huge and on the nightie consist of 3 textures that are 4000x4000. One bump, one trans map and the texture. It could be that you may have to resample the textures. I would be more than happy to do that for you. Also there could be something unique to you computer and I will be more than happy to change the pp2 files to reflect your exact Poser folder setup. I just kindly request that you send me an e-mail so that we can isolate your problem. Thanks! Ron

ronmolina ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 8:26 AM

Are you getting an actuall error message? If so can you kindly send me a screen shot? Thanks! Ron

Mehndi ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 8:50 AM

Ron, that is the problem with this product. Can't you see it? It is a hard coded path that is pointing to: bumpMap "E:LightWave7.0(Dom)poser4 vicimageschemise-bump.jpg" It is NOT searching the Runtime folder since the path has been hardcoded out of the Runtime folder. And btw, if you hard code a path in the Runtime folder, it will also go straight down that path, and if the texture is not there, it still won't find it. The only way it will actually "search" is if you do NOT hard code the path, but instead create your file references like this: bumpMap "chemise-bump.jpg" Then it will indeed search all of Runtime for it.

Hisminky ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 8:57 AM

Again, let me state that it isn't a problem with the TEXTURE resolution. The MAT pose file REFERENCES the E: drive on my machine. The E drive on my machine is a DVDROM, so when I get the DIALOG(note here, it doesn't search for the file, it gives me a DIALOG screen to search for MYSELF) and since the E: is a DVDROM( have I made this clear yet?) it WILL NOT LET ME FIND THE TEXTURE as it CONTINUALLY specifies that there is NO DISK in that drive and there is no LIGHTWAVE directory on any disk I insert in the DVDROM drive. and crashes my machine. I would be real difficult to send you a screen shot since the ERROR freezes my machine until I either a) use CTRL ALT DEL to close the Poser program or b) I do a hard reboot. the FILE path itself is as follows: textureMap "E:LightWave7.0(Dom)poser4 vicimageschemise-pink-sky.jpg" 0 0 bumpMap "E:LightWave7.0(Dom)poser4 vicimageschemise-bump.jpg" 0 0 reflectionMap "E:LightWave7.0(Dom)poser4 vicimageschemise-reflec.jpg" 0 0 transparencyMap "E:LightWave7.0(Dom)poser4 vicimageschemise-transp.jpg" Now I don't now any other way to interpret this, or communicate to you that the FILE PATH is in ERROR. The textures are in the Poser 4 directories and the MAT pose file is pointing to another DRIVE and APPLICATION directory. The entire point to this was to illuminate to you that your testing is in error. I am quite capable of repairing the file myself, since I easily diagnosed the problem by opening the file in a TEXT editor. I have already contacted the merchant, detailed the problem to him, described how to repair the error, and no longer need you to keep implying that I am either incompetent or a liar. I sincerely hope Clint has followed this thread and the treatment I have recived as a CUSTOMER. I also hope that Curious Labs is informed about your vague reference to my licence to Poser or its version number being sent to your private email.

ronmolina ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 9:01 AM

Mehndi I can tell you on two of my computers it works with that path. So you know the merchant has changed it. That may not solve the problem. I am here to help the purchaser. So you know I have told several merchants who I have beta tested for not to use any real paths. There is no reason to even have a drive designated. This is the way I tell people to do it: ":Runtime:textures:Ron:FRACREFL.jpg" The reason why is because it is a problem for Mac users and there is always a possiblity of a PC user problem. Ron

Mehndi ( ) posted Thu, 19 September 2002 at 9:27 AM

But Ron, how could the merchant change it after you approved it into the store? Are you saying these paths do not exist in the MAT files on the products you say work on your machine? Running them on your machine is NO guarantee these buggy paths are not in the MAT files. Please go look with your eyes in a text editor, or in cr2 Edit.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.