Tue, Oct 22, 7:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 6:50 am)

Subject: Why do you all like the Evolution figure?

ScottA ( ) posted Sat, 25 March 2000 at 4:12 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 7:20 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_124009.jpg

I am not a big fan of the people in Poser. And I finally got around to looking at the evolution figure that everyone talks about to see what makes it so much better. After I looked at it. I'm shocked and wonder why you all like it? The model is cut up into sections that don't make any sense. The collars are awfull and don't pose at all and are merely place holders so the figure has the names Collars in it. The standard Poser figure poses better than this thing. As long as you don't raise the shoulder higher than the collars. Then use the collars to go the rest of the way. But this is how arms move anyway. I don't get it. The ev1 figure seems like a mess to me. As far as the section of the thigh that looks odd when the legs are spread goes. That's due to Zygote splicing the mesh a bit too low in the crotch area. So it tries to take the genital area for a ride when the legs are spread apart. But this can be made to look a little more natural by editing the JP's a very slight amount. What is it that you all like about the evolution figure? I don't get it. Someone please point out the magic to me. I must be missing something. ScottA

jschoen ( ) posted Sat, 25 March 2000 at 6:09 PM

For my 0.02 worth. I got it for the detail in the face. With morph targets I can create (and I know several others here that can) and endless varitey of facial features and expressions. It will be awesome for character creation. You can only push and pull a small ammount of verticies so far, but with almost double think of the detail. The body is secondary to me. I rarely do nudes. but when I do it is very moody lighting and I agree that a Poser 4 Figure would do just fine. I think the challenge is to get some great clothes for her. (Another subject) I am a bit dissapointed in the lip/mouth area. I think they are far to wide, but can be morphed. And I really don't like the nose, again that can be morphed. Also the hands are much better, and what I've played with so far , The elbows and knees don't break as easily as older figures. So I guess what I'm saying is I like it for the detail in the face. James

JeffH ( ) posted Sat, 25 March 2000 at 6:11 PM

Contrary to your opinion, it does pose better than the regular nude figure. Did you notice that Zygote cut-up their "Millie" figure in much the same way? They know a good thing when they see it ;-) -JH.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sat, 25 March 2000 at 6:28 PM

I had little luck with also .. I hope the Millenium works better but I think part of it was simply do to a quick examination .. Open and hit a pose that worked well before and she was rather mangled .. Got annoyed. Tried to put clothes on her ...Got annoyed again but a lot of people love her for nudes ... Since I don't really do nudes for the most part it doesn't serv my purposes .. But have you seen how many nude female poser pictures are out there? Well that gives the uses right there ... But I agree she seemed rather cumbersome though she could produce some good effects ...

JeffH ( ) posted Sat, 25 March 2000 at 6:33 PM

Poses made for the regular figures will not work as well with Eve (or Millie); Torino states this in the readme.

ScottA ( ) posted Sat, 25 March 2000 at 6:43 PM

James. Thanks for replying. I didn't even check out at the face. Jeff. What's the point of having collar meshes that are actually chest sections that don't pose? It just seams like they added extra groups to get around setting up the JP's properly. I did a similar thing with my T-rex before I learned how to do JP's properly. I'll be watching how "Millie" poses from the pics people post. But I'm not sold on it or this type of grouping yet. ScottA

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sat, 25 March 2000 at 6:56 PM

Jeff ... I know it states that but it is a lot of extra work making the poses applicable and then disk space to store them for little payoff on my end since I don't really do nudes. Like I said .. Just not for everyone S Later

Traveler ( ) posted Sat, 25 March 2000 at 8:44 PM

Well I have but one thing to say: bend evolution over and see what ya get. Try the same thing with posette and you get shatter crotch (my own term ;) -Trav

Foxhollow ( ) posted Sat, 25 March 2000 at 10:11 PM

#1...the faces of the eve figure and the P4 figure are the same...nothing was changed there. #2..Torino is THE joint expert around here....he spent alot of time trying to only change the Joint Parameters when working on eve...he finally saw nothing equalizing his requirements could be done and regrouped the figure. Tehre are some poses that the P4 will do better, but many more that eve well...and the collar/shoulder joint is oen of them!

ScottA ( ) posted Sun, 26 March 2000 at 1:48 AM

Thanks trav. I see what you mean about the shatter crotch ;-) By including the entire buttocks area in a single group it doesn't tear like the original. Alle. If you move the collars at all in any direction. You'll get a severly disfigured figure. If you move the shoulder (which isn't really the shoulder anymore but actually the entire upper arm section) it poses fine. So the collar group is not even needed anymore. Is that intentional? I wish I could buy the new figure from Zygote to see how it compares to this one. But I can't afford it. ScottA

Hardbird ( ) posted Sun, 26 March 2000 at 3:11 AM

Look at the Renderotica.com site. Ther you will find a character that combines the awsome Eve bottom half with the traditional P4 upper body. This helps in using the comforming clothes. The new figure was created by Yarp...he does great work with thing of this nature. It is the best version of "Eve" that I have seen. He has several versions available, some with P3 eyes and P4 eyes.

bloodsong ( ) posted Sun, 26 March 2000 at 11:34 AM

lol!!!! scott.... that is too funny! 'gee, i didnt even look at her face'...!! (that is SO typical of men! rofl!!) (sorry, bud. :) )

ScottA ( ) posted Sun, 26 March 2000 at 1:57 PM

That's not what I mean't. But I hear ya Bloodsong ;-). Thanks for the responses everyone. I don't use the people much at all and you've pointed out some new things to me about them. I ended up remaking Posette. Including the buttocks area with the thighs and no seperate group needed for getting the JP's set up. It poses better than the EV1 and still has the same grouping as the original so it should make conforming clothes a little easier. The only problem is I did all this then realized that I squashed the materials out of the .obj file like the EV1 figure is. So I have to make it over again. This time utilizing Kevin's perl utilities to save the standard materials. :-( Thanks for showing me the problem areas. I never noticed them before. My animals and monsters don't have butt's so I never knew about this problem until now. ;-) ScottA

JeffH ( ) posted Mon, 27 March 2000 at 5:03 AM

Hey, your work on this subject may just have changed the way humanoid poser figures are created, NP. Color me impressed. -JH.

LoboUK ( ) posted Mon, 27 March 2000 at 7:22 AM

Steven, great to hear from you again - hope everything is well with you. I'm in total and complete agreement with Jeff on this one - the difference between the standard P4 figure and Eve is absolutely outstanding. The poses are much more realistic and the way the body "moves" is much more natural. Eve has become my default figure almost since she was released and now I've grasped enough about the inner workings of the CR2 file (for which I owe a great debt to Mason for making it all clear) I've got a version of Eve with bushi's RealEyes. Paint me the same shade of impressed Paul

ScottA ( ) posted Mon, 27 March 2000 at 10:47 AM

ACKK!! Steven, Please don't feel like you're under attack from me about this. I was just trying to find out what it was that I wasn't seeing. Maybe I worded it too strongly. Although I (and apparently some others)don't like some of the things you did with it. I do like the way you grouped the buttocks so that it does not warp when the figure is bent over. That gave me the idea to do it a different way and it allowed me to eliminate the tearing problem on the upper thighs as well. The important thing is that you don't feel as though I'm saying you did a crappy job on it. And if I hurt your feelings then I sincerely apologize. I love the way people here come up with new and different ways of doing things. It doesn't matter weather I don't like them or use them. It's the innovative thinking that I respect. Regards, ScottA

Imaginos ( ) posted Mon, 27 March 2000 at 3:29 PM

ScottA - I like the eve figure and I can not wait to see what YOU do with the p4 fem :) Weren't you writing a JP tutorial for all of us clueless ones? Imaginos

ScottA ( ) posted Mon, 27 March 2000 at 5:20 PM

If you like Eve. You probably won't like my version. I left the collars alone. I have a new tutorial posted here: http://members.xoom.com/waycoolstuff/Posertutorial.zip It's just a basic tutorial for beginners. ScottA

Imaginos ( ) posted Mon, 27 March 2000 at 9:35 PM

well that is what I am (a beginner) and I do not care if you left the collars alone :) Imaginos

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2000 at 9:36 PM

Steven, I am one of your other biggest fans. I love what you did with the Eve figure!!!! It's too bad that Zygote didn't use you for Vicky. Yes, they regrouped her similarly to Eve, but her joint parameters don't work anything like Eve's. Her breasts don't move with the arms, for one thing. About not being an artist, ha! What you did with that figure IS a work of art! And sorry this response is so late. I missed this message when it was posted. Diane

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.