Mon, Sep 9, 6:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: How do you go about getting that Glossy, metalic like lip texture?

PandaPride ( ) posted Wed, 05 May 2004 at 8:39 PM · edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 12:28 AM

Anyone know? I've been trying but no luck! please share! thanks---Essie

Tashar59 ( ) posted Wed, 05 May 2004 at 9:58 PM

file_108297.jpg

I just changed the highlight and ambient to a light color, with a reflection map.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Wed, 05 May 2004 at 10:03 PM

It is either 'built-in' to the texture (glossy appearance in the texture image) or you could try applying a reflection texture to just the lips. Problem lies in whether the lips of the model are a separate material. If not, this will not work (as expected).

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

d-larsen ( ) posted Wed, 05 May 2004 at 11:00 PM

If you are using Poser 5, there's a wet look tutorial available. I believe it was at the Curiouslabs website under tutorials. You might also search this forum for the keywords wet or wetlook. I'm sure somebody has shared other ways that might work for you.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 06 May 2004 at 1:49 AM

In Poser 5 you can add a glossy node to the Alternate Specular.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

ENGELKEN ( ) posted Thu, 06 May 2004 at 7:09 AM

file_108298.jpg

In Poser 4, you can work with cranking the highlight up to max and setting the highlight color to a paler grey.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.