Sat, Jul 6, 12:54 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 06 10:46 am)

Subject: Call Me A Featherhead ...

Byrdie ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2004 at 4:39 PM · edited Sat, 06 July 2024 at 12:41 PM

if you absolutely must for asking, but can Mike 2 wear clothes & stuff made for Mike 3? Yes, I know about the M3-to-M2 thing but that won't work for me since I don't have Mike 3. ( I'm holding out for David.) Unfortunately, Mike 3 has a lot of really neat gear I'd like to buy to use with M 1/2, but if it won't fit there's not much point. Unless there's a way to convert it that(a)doesn't need M3 (b)won't cost me a gazillion bucks, my firstborn and my soul,and(c)doesn't take an Einstein to figure it out. So is there such an animal? If so, will you please point me to it?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2004 at 4:43 PM

No, Mike 2 can't wear M3's clothes. You may be able to make some of it fit with the Clothes Converter, but it's a pretty tough job.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Byrdie ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2004 at 5:21 PM

::whimpers:: That is so unfair! Here I was hoping I could buy some of M3's hot Sci-fi/Fantasy duds and adjust them where necessary. Oh well ... back to foraging for Mike 1/2 stuff. Speaking of which, does anybody know where I might find a "we-won't-call-it-a-Jedi" outfit cheap or even better, free? I have the robe, what I need right now is a tunic & sash. Oh, and proper boots. Mustn't forget those -- I really don't think he'd look right in high heels, sandals, or that leather boy "f--k me" gear I have courtesy of pdxJim. On second thought,he'd look bloody marvelous in some of that. 'tho TOS probably wouldn't let me post the piccie here ;-)

TygerCub ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2004 at 6:45 PM

I thought DAZ had some pretty close stuff in their Platinum Club selection.

pdxjims ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2004 at 6:47 PM

Attached Link: http://www.realityspoison.com/

My stuff? "f--k me" gear? Who? What? Mine? My innocent stuff? All available at RealityPoison's web site? That stuff? "f__k me" gear? Well! *huff* What, you think I'm, gay or something? . . . . . . . . . . . OK. You win (grin). It's not like I can hide it (or want to). However, that said. There are other M2 freebies here that with a little texture work would make great sci-fi stuff.Do a search in freestuff for M2 or Micheal and you'll get some ideas. Set 4 of my stuff at Reality Poison's site (uppers and lowers) also has a few pieces you can use without violating the TOS. And you're right about David. I think he's the best figure out of Daz so far. Also check out Seth at Poser Pro's if you do decide to get M3. He's created a quality figure almost the same height as David that has a completly different look. They look great in renders together.

Byrdie ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2004 at 7:29 PM

Ha! Innocent my pixilated tailfeathers! ::grins right back at pdxjims:: Yes, that stuff. I've every set including #4 and my Mike doll kisses your toes in gratitude. He's especially happy with those "come and get it" thongs ;-) Hmm, maybe one of those, a smile and a lightsabre would do the trick. After all, he could be ::cough:: an undercover Jedi. Now does anyone have an idea where to get a padawan braid -- or a reasonable facsimile thereof?

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2004 at 7:32 PM

and all this time I'd only heard of 'f**k me' referring to pumps..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Byrdie ( ) posted Mon, 31 May 2004 at 7:49 PM

Nah, boots too. But they've got to be at least thigh-high, leather (preferably black) and have lots of shiny doodads on 'em to qualify. Check out the ones at Reality's Poison and you'll see what I mean. Now imagine Obi Wan Kenobi (Ian M, not Sir Alec) in a pair of those. With or without the thong ;-)

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 3:18 AM

"Yes, I know about the M3-to-M2 thing but that won't work for me since I don't have Mike 3. ( I'm holding out for David.)" Pardon my ignorance, but what is this "David" of which you speak? Couldn't find him on DAZ's website. :-(

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

HaiGan ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 4:36 AM

I've tried the Karati suit from Daz for Jedi stuff, combined with the morphing trenchcoat for the swishier skirts, but it was a lot of work for only average results. PoserWorld has a pseudo-Jedi costume, and some of the kimono-style clothing can be adapted reasonably well. Another one I've found is Xena's JF outfit (at PoserPros)- it makes the basis of a reasonable Jedi outfit. I transparancied away the loose belt end, sticking-out overtunic shoulders and the long bottom section of the inner and outter tunics (I actually created a new material group for that part), stuck it on over Mike's bodysuit (for the close-fitting inner tunic sleeves), and used some primitives for the basis of the obi and belt, with postwork after rendering. You wouldn't need to remove the bottom section of the tunics if you were trying for the longer style worn by the older Obi-Wan, either, Or, of course, you could just go for Luke's jumpsuit. :)

TygerCub ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 4:38 AM

I'd love to take a look at pdxjims' site, but every time I try to register I receive a "Could not register new user" error message. And I'm curious about "David" too...

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 8:58 AM

David is afaik the name for SP3M - a male based on Stephanie Petite. Last I heard it wasn't clarified 100% if it was going to be a "real" standalone character or a morph set for SP3, like Victor (V3Male) There's a thread somewhere in the Daz forum, called "It's a boy"

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

Byrdie ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 10:07 AM

"Another one I've found is Xena's JF outfit (at PoserPros)" That only comes for Mike 3, doesn't it? Anyway, I'll check it out. I played around some with the Imagination Gown, turning the bottom half transparent and it's not too bad but the sleeves are tight where they should be flowing. Which can be covered by the outer robe ... except on the character who doesn't wear one :-( Regarding David, check out the Daz forum. From what I read I got the impression he's going to be a standalone; the big question -- aside from the release date -- is how compatible he's gonna be with all that stuff made for Mike. If he's not, a lot of folks who spent big bucks on M3 are gonna be very, very unhappy. And I wouldn't blame them a bit.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 10:27 AM

I don't expect him to be compatible with Mike's stuff. Just as SP3 isn't compatible with V3's clothes. Not that I LIKE this lot of different characters (but I must admit that I've bought Daniel, Seth and Anna too, and even if Daniel can use M2's clothes, those 2 new teens need their own wardrobe. Just like I'm sure David will)

HaiGan ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 2:38 PM

Um... you're right, the JF outfit is M3 only. :(

Byrdie ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 3:06 PM

Yeah, too bad. I sure could've used it. Maybe RDNA's got something similar. Have to be cheap though, I just blew most of my Poser allowance. Regarding the compatibility thing ernyoka mentioned, I just saw some sneak preview pics at Daz and their new guy, David, was wearing a Mike 3 skin. I don't think the texture was converted either, so maybe they will be able to raid each other's closets after all.

Lyrra ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 4:03 PM

file_111266.jpg

The 'Guardian Knight' outfit for Mike at Poserworld should look remarkably familiar *cough* Lest I get yelled at by the Mod Squad I won't say anything more :) Clothing convertor can be used to convert M3 to M stuff BUT works best if you have M3. Also I'd say its an advanced program. If you don't really understand cr2's, joint paramters and cr2 structure you might get stuck. pdxjim yeah you make great f*ck me clothes :) now just make some more for M3 and Freak and we'll love you forever Lyrra

Byrdie ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 4:20 PM

That looks very nice. Which Mike's it for? I've a 1 & 2 but maybe I'll upgrade to # 3 next time Daz has a sale on since I'm about broke after this one :-) Clothes convertor sounds like a :: not gonna say it & insult my canine friends :: to a 3d fledgling like me; I still haven't figured out what half those dials & whatnots in Poser 5 can do -- except make it go crash.

Lyrra ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 4:38 PM

its for Mike 1(2) or 3. We tend to make clothing for all versions just to make it simpler all round. If we don't we get huge amounts of email asking for the clothing for the other version of if the figure shakes head thankfully Steve manages it so the textures match. oh Poser 5 is easy ... if you're patient and don't get it cross at ya lol Poser has always been a diva and poser5 hasn't gotten any better. But treat it the way it wants and all is well.

Byrdie ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 5:19 PM

Looks like a good news/bad news scenario. Just been to PoserWorld but it's subscription-only and I'm too broke to join right now. ::cringes at growling bill monster:: Unless there's some other place I can buy it?

Lyrra ( ) posted Tue, 01 June 2004 at 5:34 PM

bummer .. nope, right now PoserWorld content is at the subscription site only.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.