Wed, Sep 25, 5:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 25 1:55 am)

Subject: Lizard man thing needs your help

drhess ( ) posted Mon, 04 October 2004 at 10:19 PM ยท edited Tue, 13 August 2024 at 4:23 PM

file_132329.jpg

Hi. I've been goofing around with textures and came up with this. Question: how do I get the seems to vanish? Do I just (or have to) mirror one side of the body to the other? Second question: how do I get the "scales" on him to be the same size even over parts of him that are moving or flexing? I just slapped the pattern down on the texture file for this draft.But is there a program for pulling and shrinking the texture such that it fits in side the vertices, or whatever they are, of a body map? Thanks.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Tue, 05 October 2004 at 7:27 AM

If you just apply a flat, continuous texture to a UV mapped model, it will tend to do that. Imagine that the map is an opened out version of the model's surface; somewhere there has to be a seam, and there are usually several. You would normally distort your map to achieve a seam free appearance, but this depends on knowing which bits join to which. SnowSultan has a series of seam guides in freestuff that will help.

RawArt ( ) posted Tue, 05 October 2004 at 8:29 AM

Welcome to the headaches of texturing...this is why not everybody does it. It takes alot of patience to match up seams, specially with a repeated pattern like scales. A cloning tool in photoshop becomes a good friend for that....but there really is no easy way (unless you have a program like deeppaint or something similar)

drhess ( ) posted Tue, 05 October 2004 at 1:51 PM

What's similar to deeppaint? Also, does the variance in size of the "cells" of the texture map tell you anything.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.