Wed, Oct 9, 8:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 8:07 am)

Subject: Rendering Pupils...

bloodsong ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2001 at 3:57 PM ยท edited Wed, 09 October 2024 at 8:24 AM

heyas; okay, is it just me? am i nuts or something? i'm working in poser, in the main camera, and i grab my figure's eye, and i position it so the pupil is looking where i want it to look. all well and good. then when i render... the fool thing is looking... somewhere else! no, it isn't the pupil is painted crooked on the eye, these are real pupils (holes in the eye), i can see them clearly in the pre-render work mode... they just look like they're looking somewhere other than where they were looking before i rendered them. i dunno. :)

Nance ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2001 at 5:31 PM

Yup, Not just you. I've also noticed that the preview image is not detailed enough to tell exactly where they will appear to end up looking. Nor is the difference consistant enough to anticipate and adjust pre-render. Are you using "Point-At" and giving them an invisible prop as a target? That seems to help make minor adjustments simpler.

kewasi ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2001 at 8:28 PM

I've noticed that in some of my images.I think it may be shadows from hair or other objects.Try adjusting your shadow from any side,or top lighting to a lower value.You can also try adjusting your shadow map,or moving your lights a little and see if that makes a difference.

Xena ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2001 at 5:46 AM

You can also use the "point at" feature to point the eyes at the camera you are using.

bloodsong ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2001 at 3:56 PM

heyas; i was gonna try pointing at a prop next. the problem with pointing at the camera is, if the camera is too close, you get cross-eyed people ;) then there's just eyes that dont point in the direction the pupil is facing, if you know what i mean. um... actually, i'm rendering with shadows off. goes quicker so i can see where things are :) so it must be the preview window is too small to be accurate. or maybe i should try lit wireframe mode. have you seen the way that does nostrils when you get far away? lol! very scary. :)

Nance ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2001 at 9:44 PM

re: cross-eyed- Point-At prop parented to cam.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.