Sun, Sep 15, 7:16 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 5:10 am)

Subject: A BUGZ life..sticking to crystals.....lol

tofi ( ) posted Wed, 17 May 2006 at 5:58 PM · edited Thu, 15 August 2024 at 6:33 PM

My dear Friends, I'll tell you how I see it: I have noticed that its getting very serious in here, and everybody is posting gorgeous artwork that gives me much pleasure to look at, as well as to be able to learn from wise people who know what they are doing. You have probably seen some of my attempts at photography in the flower zone, in my album... but what I wanted to show you all, is that I'm really trying hard to learn the ropes of it all. On the more humourous side, I wish I could also make you laugh.... and I just might succeed after you have seen my very first picture of a BUG.... I was driving in the passenger seat a few days ago, and the poor chap decided to fly into the car ... he was very gracious, very colourful and willing to pose for me :) Thank God I didn't suffiocate the poor critter..... it could of been worse, and I could of sat on him! lol Anyway, the picture is just a complete DISASTER!!!! Wishing you all a happy laugh, PS: I think I better continue with the flower thing till I'm ready for crystals, cuz I'm certainly NOT ready for BUGZ............... tofi

A smile is a curve that has set many things straight

tofi ( ) posted Wed, 17 May 2006 at 5:59 PM

file_342294.jpg

tofi ( ) posted Wed, 17 May 2006 at 6:00 PM

file_342295.jpg

girsempa ( ) posted Wed, 17 May 2006 at 9:11 PM

You're priceless! I don't even dare to laugh at your pictures though, not until I tried that myself and see what a mess I will make of it... Thanks for sharing! And... not succeeding at first is the best way to learn! Geert

We do not see things as they are. ǝɹɐ ǝʍ sɐ sƃuıɥʇ ǝǝs ǝʍ

Margana ( ) posted Thu, 18 May 2006 at 2:47 AM

Hi Tofi...

You certainly won't catch me laughing at your efforts.

I got one lucky shot of a bee once,and my other bug shot ,of a preying mantis,required 17 shots until I got one that was decent.Fortunately the lil buggers move very slow so I could take my time.

There are plenty of wonderful insect photographers here who could give you way better advice than I ever could.All I can say is,it is always worth trying.Snap away.Ask questions... and experiment.You can't ever lose.

Good luck to you and thanks for sharing this. :^)

"Gravity is a harsh mistress." - The Tick

Marlene <")

Marlene S. Piskin Photography
My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

short_ribs ( ) posted Thu, 18 May 2006 at 4:47 AM

Hi there tofi,

I Sure dont laught at you efforte but I will try my best to help ya.  First of all I think I'll suggest you get neat image it is used for noise reduction...  You can download a free version that will do fine for most work.   Next it look like in the first image it has focused on the glass that is closer than the bug and in the second I looks like it has focused past the bug :rolleyes:  But that is no biggie If you are using a "compact camera"  Try use the manual focus mode and set your focus to minimum then hold the shutter button down halfway as if to focus and you should see pretty much what you'll get in the photo then it's just a thing of moving closer or further to get the desired focus. :laugh:  Aren't  I lazy cause that's how I do it using those kinda cameras! 

Hope some of this might help ya! Oh and please keep the bug shots comming cause I look forward to that killer shot that's waiting to get ya 😉

I payed to get myself into an institution :m_tear: Check out my temporary site: APACHA

TomDart ( ) posted Thu, 18 May 2006 at 9:20 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=639975&Start=91&Artist=TomDart&ByArtist=Yes

Tofi, I will post a link to an image I took a while ago..with my old point and shoot with manual options Minolta DImage F100.  Sure, macros meant careful viewing in the lcd and that is not easy to get right. Depth of field was often off a bit more than I expected from the aperture setting but that is digital in such cameras.   The link is a shot taken with that old camera.   Sure, it is not great but works. (I keep even my "bad" ones in my gallery, thought they were great at the time! This is for me to use to grow more than for ratings of any sort.)

More than once I did the trick mentioned afore, get the closest focus you can then move the camera until it looks right.  Take a couple or threeee shots to make up for eyes that might not be on target with the view from the camera.

I have no doubt you can take the crystal pics. Sure, some will be big dopy things and delete will ring out to you.  Then, a good one will pop up and you will try to duplicate that once, then again and again on other subjects. It will be better.  I did see the flowers. I have no doubt you can do the crystals.        Blessings...Tom.

tofi ( ) posted Thu, 18 May 2006 at 10:21 PM

Dear Friends, I thank you so much for your professional tips... I definitately will try to implement them and use them as future reference. Although I must tell you that my main purpose at this point, is to enjoy photography even if it my " green alien " didn't make you laugh, I hope it put a smile on your faces, and took on a humourous note. Sometimes the best pictures result when you're not even trying....... I think its just as important to laugh at your own mistakes as it is to learn from them.... Happy photographing to all, Bright Blessings, tofi PS Thank You Tom for the link .So beautiful and friendly!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.