Sun, Aug 4, 12:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 02 6:41 am)

Subject: Thanks!...here is why.

DJB ( ) posted Sat, 26 August 2006 at 4:43 PM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 10:02 PM

Thank you to  all the people who have sent mails and such in  support.
I am taking a short break from moderating to deal with some real important family  issues.

My mothers health is deteriorating because of alzheimers, and this is a must must that I have time to go  out and spend as much time with her as I can....

After nine years of care giving for my father in law, last week  he was finally  placed in a long term care facility, and this will take some monitoring for awhile. I needed some time  to do a few repairs to  get this house ready to sell, and then start the search for m y own  house.

Another bad turn of events was my closest aunt had a serious heart attack, and after going into 2 comas and 3 operations, is back at home. I need to help out in this too, as there is things she needs and  it is hard for my uncle to do it all.

I  just could not give this site my full attention that  I like to,plus do all these neccesary things.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

aangus ( ) posted Sat, 26 August 2006 at 4:50 PM

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and yours mate.

odie ( ) posted Sat, 26 August 2006 at 4:58 PM

Thanks, Doug, for your work here and for stopping in to say hello. Good luck and God speed. Jodie

I kid-proofed my house but they STILL get in!!

Dianthus ( ) posted Sat, 26 August 2006 at 5:23 PM

Sorry Doug for these troubled times in your life. Just go and do what you must and takecare.

Chris

short_ribs ( ) posted Sat, 26 August 2006 at 5:46 PM

file_352299.jpg

:crying:... None of this is good news :crying: *wipes tears from eyes* All I can say I guess is that I hope things get better for you buddy... I hope I don't offend you by saying this but may God be with you...

You were by far the most special person that's ever been here (to me at least) Though there were all those nasty things said about you.... The ones who weren't blind know the truth!!! You are only another regular member here but did so much more that any of us were out to do... I'll always look up to you! An icon! the way a person should be! bows

Best regards,

Kai

I payed to get myself into an institution :m_tear: Check out my temporary site: APACHA

oldworld ( ) posted Sat, 26 August 2006 at 6:27 PM

while you are doing all of this for everyone else make sure you take care of yourself also  :)
good luck and God be with you and yours

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Sat, 26 August 2006 at 7:03 PM

I too am taking care of a parent so I know how hard it is Doug, you just remember to take care of you along the way, and if you need anyone to pour out frustrations to, Im just an IM away :)

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

NicoleFaber ( ) posted Sat, 26 August 2006 at 8:12 PM

I'm sorry Doug that so much stress is on you and your family right now. I hope that every thing works out and that we will see you back here... You have helped me alot with my photography... Don't forget about yourself...

Firesnuffer ( ) posted Sat, 26 August 2006 at 8:42 PM

Doug, I've only been active a short time but you were very friendly and helpful to me. Thank you.

With all that's happening in your life don't forget to make time for YOU.  And join us when you can.

May GOD bless you.

Manning

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Sat, 26 August 2006 at 8:47 PM

file_352309.jpg

hi Douglas,

I am very happy to be able reading  you. You need to be with your family and she has always to have the first place before everything. You had make a very good work here and I hope that you forget the last moments. Here it is like in the real life, we can always find good or bad person. And you are good person, you do not doubt it....

Take all the time that should be necessary and you think about your life before everything...

Take care and big good Douglas...

muahhhhhh

bobbystahr ( ) posted Sat, 26 August 2006 at 9:35 PM

dB,

As one who has walked a few friends and a mother down that last mile, I wholeheartedly second the advice to take really good care of your self as well.  I let some things slide, was too proud to ask for help, and after my mom passed, (the last of my cycle of caregiving,) I started noticing things I hadn't taken care of but should have and now 3 years later am mostly back on track. My hurts now are current stupidity..LOL Also as you're here in Canada, do get pallative help from home care in your province. I only used it in the last year but could have, and should have used their help from the time I moved home to care for her.Take good care pal, you're in my prayers....

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

nattarious ( ) posted Sat, 26 August 2006 at 10:16 PM

file_352318.jpg

Hello Douglas..

I've been wondering after your last mail, where did you dissapear my friend!! And now i've seen your thread!! I really don't know what to tell about this sad news, but you did the right choice my friend.. No blames at all!! I joined here not long ago.. And i've seen how you gave everything to the forum and site!! All that support, effort and help.. We got used to you my friend! And no matter how long you will take off! None of us will ever forget you..

I really do wish your MOM and your whole family all the best, i wish them all to get well and soon.. You just need to watch and take care of them my friend!

All i can tell you now from knowing you.. You are a very strong man, and i know that you will pass all these troubles, safe, soon and quick!!

Thank you for Kai and Valoue' for givving me the idea to do the same and post the smallest thing i could do Doug.. Just tell them to get well my friend..

And please, send me a private pm or email with your contact where i  can get hold of you.. As i said before, there is somethings i really wish to talk with you about, but when you have the time..

All the best, wishes and luck my friend.. And hopefully we all will hear a good news soon.. I know we well.. And i promise that i won't stop praying for you, your mom and everyone..

Your friend,

JOE

NATTARIOUS[C] IS A WELL KNOWN INTERNATIONAL CLUB DJ - PHOTOGRAPHER - GRAPHIC AND COMMERCIAL DESIGNER AND THE OWNER OF XOOM STUDIOS PRODUCTIONS & CERTIFIED LEGAL GOLD MICROSOFT PARTNER!

XOOM STUDIOS PRODUCTIONS® OFFICIAL WEBSITE: WWW.XOOM-ARTS.COM

XOOM STUDIOS PRODUCTIONS® Ultimate Web Templates Just Click It

TomDart ( ) posted Sat, 26 August 2006 at 11:00 PM

Doug, I have always appreciated the work you did here.   I do pray and God Bless that things will go well and each day you will find something of what you need, for the others and for yourself. 

When my mother was dying, the doctor told me to go home. He said he did not want another patient to deal with! That was his way of saying for me to take care of myself, too.  Yes, some of us are so emphathetic we relate to and feel the pain of others...that is a blessing of sort but also can lead to much personal pain and turmoil.   We worry, we fret, we try...we do the best we can. 

Family and personal relationships, good or bad, will affect each of differently but in any regard we ARE affected and that will reflect on abilities to concentrate on less important matters. Doug, do what is important..as your decision shows you are doing.  Again, I do wish special blessings on you in all of what is going on..to keep your head above gorund and find some precious peace in all of it.  Thanks so very much for what you have told us.     As wonderful as 'rosity is, this is not the center of our lives.   Each of us is much more than this "medial" image we each present....

Wishing you the very best and the best for all concerned.       your friend,      Tom.

kimariehere ( ) posted Sat, 26 August 2006 at 11:27 PM

First of all thank you Doug for all the hard work time and hours you have put it it is appreciated more then i can ever say hundreds of hours and care..!..
 sorry to hear about so many health issues in your family. my prayers will go out to them .
WE are looking for a home right now too and its alot of hard work.
 hope to see you around will miss you
 with much love . kimarie!

kimmers ♥ :O)

Zacko ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 12:16 AM

I´m sorry to hear about your family conditions Doug, they´re lucky to have you to lean on. You´ve been a great moderator that´s done alot for this site and we are all so very grateful for that. But family always comes first and i wish you and yours all the best, and hope to see you around RR whenever you get the time. 😄

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Onslow ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 1:30 AM

Doug - Thank you for letting us know your sad news.

I wish to add my thanks, to the many, for all the good things you have done here at Renderosity.

Take care.

Richard.

And every one said, 'If we only live,
We too will go to sea in a Sieve,---
To the hills of the Chankly Bore!'
Far and few, far and few, Are the lands where the Jumblies live;
Their heads are green, and their hands are blue, And they went to sea in a Sieve.

Edward Lear
http://www.nonsenselit.org/Lear/ns/jumblies.html

lakefaerie ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 9:57 AM

Its really hard to watch your loved ones suffer. I wish you the strength needed to withstand such a hardship, and I hope someone in your life has the kindness needed to be there for you should you need them.

Take care.

FuzzyShadows ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 11:31 AM

Be tuff Doug. We'll see you when you get back!

Margana ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 11:36 AM

Hi Doug

As you know,I can sympathise...It is terrible to have to watch the ones we love suffer.Taking time off to focus on them,and yourself,certainly is the wisest course.

Just know,you always have my support and my 'ear' should you find yourself in need.

Take care,my friend and please stay in touch.

Hugs,
Marlene

Marlene <")

Marlene S. Piskin Photography
My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

ReBorne ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 12:53 PM

Doug,

We both know what I'm like for being here and then not being here...... it was a real suprise for me when dropping in this time to not see your name up there as a mod, and I have to admit I wondered what it was that could have caused that..... I certainly couldn't see you being affect too negatively by the minor squirmishes that seem to rear their heads from time to time, you're too clever and level headed for that!

So, reading this makes me feel real sad, and honestly, I send my best regards to you...... I've never been anywhere near close to the situation you're in, but recently got a glimpse of it with my father (diabetic, complications.... not interested in taking life easy, his attitude is that he's got to die sometime, he's going to enjoy himself until it happens..... he'd rather have a shorter life eating, drinking and doing what he wants than extending it by a couple of years not being able to) .

Anyways mate, go do what you need to do......even if you don't get the time to drop in here, you'll be safe in the knowledge that you're still in our thoughts.  Take care of the people you need to, but don't forget to take care of yourself too.

Best Wishes
Mike (".)

When you starve with a tiger, the tiger starves last.

Zacko ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 1:09 PM

If you feel sick, then maybe you need to shut off your computer and get to bed or something. :glare:

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

busi2ness ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 1:17 PM

Like ModestyB, I also feel sad that you have left Doug. You were a real encouragement to me and other new people joining Rosity. It was always good to see you had a serious interest in the development of our skills.

May God be with you and good luck with the difficult decision you had to face!

Hats off to you!

Piet Vermeulen, South Africa

ModestyB ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 1:32 PM

busi2ness..U missundertod me...

I know antoher story n´but that one have continuiously been removed......

busi2ness ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 1:34 PM

Thanks ModestyB, you are very kind. No, I read his full explanation at the top. Poor man!

Our best wishes be with him!

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 3:27 PM

ModestyB,
Please do not bring negativity to this thread. If you have a specific problem,  you are most welcome to contact a member of staff.

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

RodsArt ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 3:50 PM

Good luck Doug.
Youth & health are cherished here, after the 5 months of my own medical challenge.....I applaud you!!

Rod

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 9:34 PM

file_352421.jpg

leliel86 ( ) posted Mon, 28 August 2006 at 5:16 AM

We should be thanking you my friend, your contribution has been immeasurable. Please be well.

L8RDAZE ( ) posted Mon, 28 August 2006 at 5:31 AM

In light of all thats happened, stepping down as mod was for the best. Life is full of hurdles, some of our own creation, some not. Its times like this that cause us to pause and reflect on things. Look at ourselves and see who we are and what we've become!

Family is important and when they are threatened, by sickness or harm, we will do ANYTHING in our power to protect/help them!  Its a shame that all this seemed to hit you... all at once! Seems you definitely have your hands full. Again, stepping down as mod was a good thing, as you can allocate the time spent here and online in general...more wisely!

I'm sure Bruce and Danny will carry on here....make this forum a safe place to share and learn.

promiselamb ( ) posted Mon, 28 August 2006 at 10:21 AM

Doug as you can see you are very missed by all here including myself :-)

But we all also see you are a true man to set aside your own life to take care of others :-)

Please hurry back I may start posting again and I need someone to delete them as fast as I post them lol

Miranda

GiMi53 ( ) posted Mon, 28 August 2006 at 12:48 PM

I'm really sick of all this hypocrisy...

If you want to know the true "other story" of dB's departure, just send me an E-mail and I will tell you...

At least,  I  - and many others - consider it as a great victory that dB finally resigned as Forum moderator !

I really do hope that the "break" will be forever.... this is a place where also female photographers should be able to share their images.....

"In Life, as in Photography, things look much brighter, once you remove the lens cap"

promiselamb ( ) posted Mon, 28 August 2006 at 1:16 PM

Hey GiMi53
all I see in you is a man that got involved in something you know nothing about.. no more then the rest of us.. you was not there nor were we. that needs to stay between the 2 parties that know the truth eather side dont need a drama queen like you... dont act like you know all the facts you only know what one side explains to you so that dont make you an expert in this matter to even offer the story... get your own life going or would you like one of us to come over to your house and pull out your dirty book collection and talk about it here??

JJjeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz let it rest already!!!! damn drama queens I swear like it has anything to do with photography. and like any of us was there to be an expert in this ppphhhhfffff get over it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Onslow ( ) posted Mon, 28 August 2006 at 1:30 PM

Bad form Michel - this is neither the place nor the time to discuss this.

And every one said, 'If we only live,
We too will go to sea in a Sieve,---
To the hills of the Chankly Bore!'
Far and few, far and few, Are the lands where the Jumblies live;
Their heads are green, and their hands are blue, And they went to sea in a Sieve.

Edward Lear
http://www.nonsenselit.org/Lear/ns/jumblies.html

Margana ( ) posted Mon, 28 August 2006 at 2:05 PM

I agree.Bad form, indeed.  :^(

Marlene <")

My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

busi2ness ( ) posted Mon, 28 August 2006 at 2:30 PM

I am at a bit of a loss here: Aren't we all glad that Doug is taking a break to attend to family matters? He seemed to have explained it so well in the intro.

Good luck Doug!

Zacko ( ) posted Mon, 28 August 2006 at 2:31 PM · edited Mon, 28 August 2006 at 2:34 PM

Bad form? Try "pathetic". :huh: YEEEESH!!!!!!

Andreas

Mystic Pic

GiMi53 ( ) posted Mon, 28 August 2006 at 2:37 PM

I totally agree... the Photography Forum should be the place to talk only about art and photo techniques...

So, why did dB start this thread ?

At least, one would expect that he would behave "low profile" after all what happened....

"In Life, as in Photography, things look much brighter, once you remove the lens cap"

Zacko ( ) posted Mon, 28 August 2006 at 2:45 PM

Quote - I totally agree... the Photography Forum should be the place to talk only about art and photo techniques...

And yet...here you are talking about something entirely different yourself. Give it a rest already. :glare:

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Margana ( ) posted Mon, 28 August 2006 at 2:49 PM

" ...the Photography Forum should be the place to talk only about art and photo techniques..."

So since we agree,can we just move on please?

Marlene <")

My Blog

promiselamb ( ) posted Mon, 28 August 2006 at 2:49 PM

GiMi53 do you think it really matters what you think why doug or I or zacko or anyone you pick on here does anything?

ever think maybe he dont need to keep a low profile cause he has backbone and is not led by what people think or say?

**is it really going to affect your photography not knowing the answers or the pain of other peoples lives?

what should be important to you here is what you see when you look through the lens of your camera... this is not a forum for a microscope for you to slide someone under the lens and pick them apart.

enough said on this GiMi53
pick a topic you know something about in PHOTOGRAHY!

danob ( ) posted Mon, 28 August 2006 at 2:50 PM

Please keep this thread to talk about those things like photography lets move on please or this thread will get locked

Danny O'Byrne  http://www.digitalartzone.co.uk/

"All the technique in the world doesn't compensate for the inability to notice" Eliott Erwitt

TomDart ( ) posted Mon, 28 August 2006 at 8:10 PM

This thread may well be locked soon. I will say one thing:  God Bless Doug and endurance in going through the present time. I do thank him for the excellent work on the LWITG and other aspects of the forum.   He is low profile for one reason, it appears, to be candid and perhaps avoid all the "kick em when they are down" mentalities. That was a nobel effort and not a good bye or a good bye with no reason.  Give this man his time!  Thanks, Doug. You are appreciated.  As is..kindness by those with feeling hearts, regardless of personal interpretations of other issues which are irrevelant to this thread.

Artists are complex.  Our lives are not the sum of our work.           TomDart.

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Mon, 28 August 2006 at 8:12 PM

Thanks Dan...

This thread has gone too far from it's original subject..

I'm NOT going to tolerate this sort of public bickering in this forum..

This thread is now locked...

case closed

www.bclaytonphoto.com

bclaytonphoto on Facebook

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.