Thu, Jul 25, 4:04 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 25 3:26 am)

Subject: OT. Anyone shop at StudioMaya store before?

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Thu, 28 December 2006 at 10:33 PM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 12:51 AM

It is my first time shopping at their store and I used PayPal. It's been around 4 hours since I purchased the item and still haven't gotten an email with the download link. I've checked my PayPal account and the status says complete. I've sent email and message from the contact area of their site but still no response. I would ask this on their forum but it doesn't seem to be up at this time. So, I'm just wondering about the average time it takes to receive email from them?

kobaltkween ( ) posted Thu, 28 December 2006 at 11:11 PM

i think mine took a few hours, but it also ended up in my spam folder, so i didn't see it for a while.  also, it wasn't a name i scanned immediately. meguro@3digitalcrafts.net.

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Thu, 28 December 2006 at 11:34 PM

cobaltdream, thanks for the reply. I've checked my email settings and did have the Automatically delete junk and spam mail option checked. I've changed it and have also added the address listed in your reply. I've just sent a message from the contact page asking for another email to be sent and will await their reply. I hope that this will take care of the matter.

Kalypso ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2006 at 2:30 AM
Site Admin

Bear in mind that there will be a time difference.  I know I have a 7-hour difference with Japan so that could also be the reason. 

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2006 at 2:39 AM

Thanks for the reply Kalypso, I need to be a little more patient. I also double checked my PayPal account and for some stupid reason they had my old email address checked as the primary one. I had to go back and delete all of the old email addresses again and put my current one as the primary one. I again sent email to the support staff and explained that situation. I just hope I'm not being a pest.

Kalypso ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2006 at 4:50 AM
Site Admin

Don't worry, Maya Studio is a great guy and he'll resend your downloads if you need them :)  I get all jittery when I order from someplace new for the first time so I know how you feel :)

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2006 at 3:13 PM

Thanks again Kalypso! I guess I'm just used to getting the download links almost immediately after the PayPal payment is concluded. In about 3 hours though it will be 24 hours since I placed my order and I haven't even received any emails at all concerning my order.  That is why as the hours go by my concern increases.

kobaltkween ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2006 at 4:34 PM

well, you've sited a two problems, however.  you had the email sent to the incorrect address, and if that email was set like your other, it might have been deleted as junk mail.  the point being, you probably were sent the email and now need a second email.  you've contacted him about it, i know, but usually it's a more difficult situation (usually = with most vendors).  wait some time, and if you don't get a response, you might try to get someone to send him an email in japanese.

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2006 at 5:10 PM

cobaltdream, Thanks for the reply. I will wait until Saturday at 5:09 pm which will be exactly 48 hours since order and more than 24 hours since contacting the sites support staff. I've done as stated on the site reguarding giving correct email address to them if email wasn't received.  So although I share most of the blame I feel that I should have at least been sent some kind of notification that my emails were at the least be read and the situation being looked into. I have nothing against the site or the personnel of the site, but since this was a purchase for my daughter ( I don't use MayaDoll, but she likes the Yuna character that you can get for her.) who liked the Maria character for her as well as the Yuna present you get for purchasing from their store, this will probably be my one and only purchase.

kobaltkween ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2006 at 6:31 PM

oh, i'm not trying to blame you or anything like that.  it's more to say that usually when there's a mistake made to normal buying practices, it takes a vendor a bit to deal with the anomalies.  at least in my experience that's true.

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Fri, 29 December 2006 at 6:43 PM

cobaltdream, I didn't mean to sound like you did, I was just making sure that all of my actions reguarding this have been listed. I'm the only one blaming myself for not double checking everything before I placed the order. It's strange though as I've used PayPal recently and have received all emails containing the invoices, download links and receipts from PayPal. I will have to keep an eye on PayPal.

Smoovie ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 8:19 PM

To purchase direct from the merchant or not.  That's the question I asked myself over 24 hours ago, when I made my purchase.  Had I did a search and found this thread, I would have choose to purchase the item from the store here.  That right, it's been  over 24 hour and I haven't heard a peep from this merchant.  Now, before everyone start defending the merchant , talking about what a nice guy he is.  Recognize, there are hundreds of us in Poserland that have never had and personal or business dealings with him.  What I do know is, business is business. If your store accepts my funds, I'm going to expect what I purchased.  All I know is it said; a link to my download will be sent to me and I haven't been sent the link yet. I've sent them two messages. One through the site and the other through the address paypal provided for me. I purchased this item for a project that I have a deadline for.   If any of you people know this nice guy personally, tell him to check his site.  He got some business to take care of

Nvlonewulf ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 8:55 PM

I've ordered from Studio Maya before.  You will get your e-mail concerning the download.  It just isn't instant or automatic.  And it seems to me that my link was more then a day after I ordered.  I ordered Maria and got that character, plus an outfit, hair and another outfit thrown in.  I thought it was a great deal. 

The only thing I don't procrastinate is procrastinating. That I do right away.

White Raven ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 9:08 PM

I've been waiting 4 days for my order, though I bet it's something silly I did. Does anyone here know a good online English-Japanese translator so I can send an email?

Thanks,
White Raven

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2007 at 9:09 PM

Thanks for everyones' replies. I've gotten everything taken care of.

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Tue, 09 January 2007 at 2:54 PM

White Raven, I've used WorldLingo before but not that often. There located at http://www.worldlingo.com/en/products_services/worldlingo_translator.html . You could type in the text then translate it then copy and paste it into your email. I made the mistake of using their email translater and now it seems that I have an account with them(at least that's what the email said from them) and all I wanted to do was use the free online service(Just a little extra info if you decide to try them out).

White Raven ( ) posted Tue, 09 January 2007 at 4:08 PM

Thanks YngPhoenix! I was just wondering - how do I make the question marks I see turn into Kanji? Is there some setting in Windows?

Thanks in advance,
White Raven

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Tue, 09 January 2007 at 4:29 PM · edited Tue, 09 January 2007 at 4:32 PM

White Raven, I'm not sure what you mean. If you ask a question in email then there will be question marks. Or do you mean that you copied the translated text but when you pasted it ,all that appears is question marks? If this is the case then what I did was to use the online translater to translate the text I wished to send in my email. Next I copied the translated text. I then opened my email to compose a new email and pasted it with no problems. I had several email addresses from both the support staff and from him for earlier orders. He is known here as MayaX and you can send him a PM or email him from his Renderosity homepage.

I just copied and pasted translated text to the email area for him here and it pasted fine.

kobaltkween ( ) posted Tue, 09 January 2007 at 5:11 PM · edited Tue, 09 January 2007 at 5:16 PM

white raven - yes, i think it is a windows setting.  i changed it so i could see kanji, but i can't remember how.  i believe it was a preference under, but now i can't remember what search terms i used to find out how to do it...
ah! found it!

"firefox display kanji" fourth hit in google
http://www.hanzismatter.com/2005/03/howto-display-hanzi-and-kanji.html

i ended up installing the add-on from microsoft, iirc.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.