Fri, Sep 20, 3:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Preventing shadows from casting on specific objects?

chris1972 ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2008 at 7:38 AM · edited Tue, 30 July 2024 at 8:34 AM

I am creating a sky dome backdrop that should not show shadows at any time. But the rest of the scene objects should. Is there a way to accomplish this?
Chris

geep ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2008 at 8:13 AM

Select the sky dome "Properties" and UNcheck "Casts shadows."

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2008 at 8:13 AM

The sky dome shader should not use any of the lighting nodes, or the built-in diffuse or specular.

If you have an image to attach to it, put it into Alternate_Diffuse - this channel is a straight pass-thru to the render, so whatever you plug in there is not modified by lighting or shadows.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2008 at 8:13 AM

Geep, that is how to stop casting shadows.

That will not stop you from showing shadows that fall on the dome.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

chris1972 ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2008 at 8:24 AM

Alternate_Diffuse  worked perfectly!
Thank you much
Chris

geep ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2008 at 10:04 AM

@ chris 1972
Oops, sorry, my bad ...  :unsure:
That'll teach me to read too fast and answer B4 coffee.

@ bagginsbill
Thanks for the correction my friend.  😄
Glad to have you around to keep the ol' geepster honest. :biggrin:

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.