Wed, Oct 23, 3:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Daz Studio and VueSkin 6.1

raiden1983 ( ) posted Wed, 29 April 2009 at 2:41 PM · edited Sun, 13 October 2024 at 4:07 PM

Hello.I have a problem.I install VueSkin6.1 to root folder of Vue Infinite and copy Skinvue6_1_Dazplugin  and then i try to run python script SkinVue6PC.py. When i clikc this script it's nothing hapend.When i open Python Console i see that:

Python 2.4.2 (#67, Feb  6 2007, 12:05:31) [MSC v.1400 32 bit (Intel)] on win32

Loading file F:Program Filese-on softwareVue 6 InfiniteSkinVue6SkinVue6PC.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "F:Program Filese-on softwareVue 6 InfiniteSkinVue6SkinVue6PC.py", line 32, in ?
    import wx
  File "F:/Program Files/e-on software/Vue 6 Infinite/Python/PythonLibwx__init__.py", line 42, in ?
    from wx.core import *
  File "F:/Program Files/e-on software/Vue 6 Infinite/Python/PythonLibwx_core.py", line 13454, in ?
    codecs.lookup(default)
  File "C:PYTHON25LIBencodings__init
_.py", line 97, in search_function
    globals(), locals(), _import_tail)
  File "C:PYTHON25LIBencodingscp1250.py", line 307, in ?
    encoding_table=codecs.charmap_build(decoding_table)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'charmap_build'

Can you help what i should do???

dburdick ( ) posted Wed, 29 April 2009 at 3:59 PM

It looks like you have a couple versions of Python installed on your machine with the default version being the the 2.5 Version you have installed on your C: drive.  Normally this wouldn't be a problem. but it appears that the 2.5 version of Python you installed on your C: drive is setting some Windows registry values that point to the wrong place.  What I would recommend is to
upgrade (free) to SkinVue6.3 at Cornucopia 3D - there is a fix in SkinVue6.3 that solves this problem by forcing the import of wxPython to use VuePython paths as the first search path versus anything you might have in your registry.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.