Fri, Oct 4, 12:16 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Any advice on distorting transparencies, reflections for under water ?

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 29 May 2009 at 11:53 AM · edited Wed, 21 August 2024 at 8:50 AM

If you be under the water looking up at the sky, especially for animations, surface ripples go by.

Or looking down, things look magnified under the water.

I'm working on a Mermaid panorama scene.  My efforts are looking too cartoonish.

Those dynamic hair roots are a bane to my efforts.  aahhhh

Thanks for letting me peeve!  lol

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

Fazzel ( ) posted Fri, 29 May 2009 at 1:30 PM

For water you should use the refract node, not transparency.  This will give you the effect you are
looking for.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 29 May 2009 at 2:46 PM

cool.  thanks

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

Daidalos ( ) posted Fri, 29 May 2009 at 2:47 PM · edited Fri, 29 May 2009 at 2:48 PM

Point a spotlight straight down at the water from the suns direction too. ;)

I have found that it helps if there's actually light coming from the light source in the scene.

"The Blood is the life!"

replicand ( ) posted Fri, 29 May 2009 at 3:17 PM

Also, depending on the size of the water body you're looking to create, try displacing the surface with a wave function.

Water gets murky with distance, so you'll want some sort of environment shader to attenuate visibility.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 29 May 2009 at 3:40 PM

That's in the 3d nodes?

I'd like to animate a splash landing.

I setup the Orca to dip up and down.

Here's the W-I-P  if anyone is interested.
http://www.realmsandgalaxies.com/wings3d/ty2-3a.wmv

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.