Thu, Sep 19, 5:03 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:23 pm)

Subject: Service Release 2

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Mon, 16 November 2009 at 3:45 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 5:02 PM
Anthanasius ( ) posted Mon, 16 November 2009 at 4:00 PM

Is there no SR2 only SR1 and update for content

Génération mobiles Le Forum / Le Site

wimvdb ( ) posted Mon, 16 November 2009 at 4:02 PM · edited Mon, 16 November 2009 at 4:03 PM

SR2 has just been released.
For me it works great

JenX ( ) posted Mon, 16 November 2009 at 4:03 PM

Until you posted on it, I had no idea of its' existence.  I'm in the middle of a render, but I'll try it out tonight :)

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

ockham ( ) posted Mon, 16 November 2009 at 4:03 PM

file_443178.jpg

Not very promising here.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

bantha ( ) posted Mon, 16 November 2009 at 4:35 PM · edited Mon, 16 November 2009 at 4:36 PM

Yes, SP2 is there.
Commas work again, great!

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori

NoelCan ( ) posted Mon, 16 November 2009 at 4:41 PM · edited Mon, 16 November 2009 at 4:42 PM

file_443183.jpg

Wow... Default light set with shadows off on lights 1 and 3..    Two minute render time with Poser default Prefs.. WOW...again.!

Libraries work fine too..!!

Anthanasius ( ) posted Mon, 16 November 2009 at 4:59 PM

Sorry my temporary files wasnt updated ...

thinkcooper ( ) posted Mon, 16 November 2009 at 5:18 PM

Thanks for posting the link to the SR2 updaters. I'm on the road for a Team in Training Leukemia/Lymphoma Society fund raising event and wasn't able to get a post going when we went live earlier today.

Of note - the SR2 version of Poser 8 formally offers support for Windows 7 and OS X Snow Leopard along with many issues that were reported here on Renderosity, the DAZ forum and RDNA.

Cheers,

Steve Cooper
Poser Product Manager

Anthanasius ( ) posted Mon, 16 November 2009 at 5:22 PM

Quote - Wow... Default light set with shadows off on lights 1 and 3..    Two minute render time with Poser default Prefs.. WOW...again.!

Libraries work fine too..!!

That's say nothing !

Anthanasius ( ) posted Mon, 16 November 2009 at 5:23 PM

file_443188.png

IDL dont like shadows again :-)

NoelCan ( ) posted Mon, 16 November 2009 at 5:35 PM

Materials that CRASHED P8 even in SR1 now work fine..  No longer getting render artifacts..

imax24 ( ) posted Mon, 16 November 2009 at 8:03 PM

There seems to be no SR2 for Mac. Apparently the Windows version of P8 had more urgent bugs. Hopefully they will post the Mac update soon.

imax24 ( ) posted Mon, 16 November 2009 at 8:35 PM

Correcting my above statement: On the Mac Poser 8 page, the headline over the SR2 update says it's for Windows, but the text below says it's for Mac OS X. I guess they didn't change the headline when copying the Windows text over to the Mac side. 

NoelCan ( ) posted Mon, 16 November 2009 at 9:35 PM

file_443200.jpg

Using BB's  Envrosphere and nothing else..  10 mins..

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 16 November 2009 at 11:52 PM

athan, you may find that your reflecting sphere has some light-emitting channel non-zero.
it appears that stefan ameliorated the artifacts seen at welded corners, anyway.  faster, too.

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2009 at 12:09 AM

Thanks for posting this!

Vestmann ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2009 at 1:32 AM

Thanks for posting the link. It'll be great to have the commas back!

Vestmann's Gallery

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2009 at 2:13 AM

Quote - Not very promising here.

I have that, too.

Right-click inside the library, and select "Refresh" from the list of options.

Anthanasius ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2009 at 2:16 AM

Quote - There seems to be no SR2 for Mac. Apparently the Windows version of P8 had more urgent bugs. Hopefully they will post the Mac update soon.

Normal you visit the windows page, try the mac page !

http://my.smithmicro.com/mac/poser/updates.html

ice-boy ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2009 at 5:19 AM

Quote - IDL dont like shadows again :-)

please tell me this is a joke.reflections again dont work with IDL? 

you got to be f..... kidding me.

ice-boy ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2009 at 6:30 AM

file_443218.jpg

i payed money and now i can not render out a car with IDL. reflections and IDL doesnt work and its already SR 2

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2009 at 6:42 AM

put a ticket in so they know.

ice-boy ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2009 at 6:45 AM

my english is not good enough to writte a report.. i made it clear enough on the forum what was wrong weeks ago.

here artifacts artifacts artifact.

file_443219.jpg

file_443220.jpg

file_443221.jpg

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2009 at 7:05 AM

Quote - my english is not good enough to writte a report.. i made it clear enough on the forum what was wrong weeks ago.

here artifacts artifacts artifact.

they'll miss it here. if you don't put a ticket in, they won't know squat. and your english is more than good enough... (my Wife is a ESL (English as a second language) teacher and she thinks you rate better than her Students)

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2009 at 7:08 AM

@ ice-boy
Oh, yes your english is more then good enough.
File a ticket, ,include the test pics, and the pz3.

Only a reproducable problem can be fixed.

It is the message that counts, more then the vocabulary.
The more concrete information they get, the faster to isolate the problem, and fix it.
keep up the good work.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2009 at 8:03 AM · edited Tue, 17 November 2009 at 8:04 AM

Guys I did file this bug. Vilters you just reported that it is still there.

They did some funny stuff with this bug report - "deferred" status. I don't get it.

I think it is deferred because it is hard to fix and too many other serious bugs were waiting to go out.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

LazyLeopard ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2009 at 9:07 AM

I guess that means there'll be an SR3 sometime. Is the list of fixes in the SR2 ReadMe a cumulative one of everything fixed since the original release, or is it just those things that have been fixed since SR1 was released? (It looks like a cumulative list to me, but my memory could be flakey.)

wimvdb ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2009 at 9:08 AM

cumulative -all fixes are incorporated since its initial release

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2009 at 9:10 AM

Correct BB, i was pretty surpriced myself that SR2 went out with those "open".

I frequently updated your initial report to keep them focused on it, but. . . .
Just trying to get ice-boy to file a report also, the more info, the sooner a solution can be found.

As is my report on the 90 "degrees" surfaces issue. . . . (see how I write "degrees" these days, LOL)

But, overall, quite a few got solved.
PS; library inferface is working fine overhere.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

ice-boy ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2009 at 9:36 AM

not to sound 100% negative. they did fix a lot of problems.

LazyLeopard ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2009 at 9:51 AM

Cumulative lists are all very well, but sometimes folks want to know what's changed this time... ;)
Is there an accessible official list of things fixed in SR2 since SR1 was released?

whbos ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2009 at 10:01 AM

I'm glad I checked here.  I didn't know about SR2.  How come SM hasn't sent us an email regarding an update?

Poser 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Pro 2014, 11, 11 Pro

grichter ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2009 at 10:29 AM

Not enough time between a lot of business traveling I am currently doing to debug further. But a scene that did render with SR1, but threw off artifacts where 90 degree walls joined, now stalls during the IDL part of the render. It leaves about 75 percent of the render black. Then after a long wait it stops doing the IDL pre-render and then does the real render. Of course the black area from the pre-render remains black. Not good. At least before I could post work out the artifacts. SR2 in early use is worse when it comes to IDL Mac OSX 10.6.2

Most of the bugs I reported, like transparency issues in preview for example, or every center of mas or every figure in a large scene making the props drop down overly confusing compared to prior versions of Poser, no change.

Not a happy camper for far with SR2. When I get back from another extended business trip, I will probably roll back to SR1 or park it completely and use PoserPro. 3.5 months after P8 first launched, and it's still a not really usable in my mind. YMMV.

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

whbos ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2009 at 10:46 AM

I see the scroll bar in the Library stays put and doesn't disappear anymore when you shrink the width.

Poser 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Pro 2014, 11, 11 Pro

jdcooke ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2009 at 11:48 AM

Thanks for the "heads-up" on the update,

take care

imax24 ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2009 at 6:13 PM · edited Tue, 17 November 2009 at 6:15 PM

Quote - I see the scroll bar in the Library stays put and doesn't disappear anymore when you shrink the width.

This is a good thing. However, the scroll bar is still only a few pixels wide and difficult to see, never mind use. I have a precise and nimble trackball, and still the scroll bar is difficult to grab and move accurately. I can't imagine how frustrating it is with a standard wired mouse.  For a library whose interface now requires considerable use of the scroll bar, this is a significant issue. It might be OK on a laptop screen, but for the high-res monitors that are commonly used for 3D and graphics... ouch.

Also was hoping for a "collapse all folders" button for the library. Maybe next time?

Another issue remaining after SR2: A memory leak (I think that's what it is) that sometimes causes the Undo function to vanish even in a very uncomplicated scene of one figure and some clothing. Less frequently, but perhaps symptomatic of the same issue, some or most of the menu items become grayed out and keyboard shortcuts no longer work. Solution is to quit P8 and restart. This was reported even before SR1. But since I can't determine exactly what actions cause it, maybe they can't either.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2009 at 6:48 PM

file_443245.jpg

then I'm guessing the bug is that shadows and reflections don't look like they do in above image? I daresay you-know-who will get to work on it ASAP, but in meantime, can ice-boy or athan post their: - shader setting for sphere - render settings - FFRender script settings (even if not using d3d's ffrender script)

RodS ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2009 at 10:44 PM

file_443257.jpg

I posted here a couple months ago regarding a problem with Poser 8 locking up at the end of renders. I worked with John at SM for over a month trying to resolve this issue - never was able to, and just kinda let it slide since Poser 8 works on my laptop.

Tonight, I downloaded and installed SR2 on this computer just to see what would happen. So far, this evening, I've done several renders with 'final' quality @ 1960 X 2000 pixels using 4 threads, and NO LOCK-UPS!!!

I'm hoping that this has fixed the problem, but we'll just have to see. This issue has had a way of coming back the next day after working ok for one night.

I'm being gaurdedly optimistic   ;-]

The Girly-Girl is pretty happy tonight......

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

imax24 ( ) posted Tue, 17 November 2009 at 11:27 PM

OT but speaking of The Girl 4.... doesn't she need some girlfriends and guys of the same artistic style? G4 is kinda lonely in her universe right now, with no one to share a scene with. Can't really put her on the arm of M4, or having lunch with a regular V4 character.

SaintFox ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 2:27 AM

@imax; You may want to look up "Guy 4" over at DAZ to make your Girl happy 😉

I'm not always right, but my mistakes are more interesting!

And I am not strange, I am Limited Edition!

Are you ready for Antonia? Get her textures here:

The Home Of The Living Dolls

Anthanasius ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 2:43 AM

Miss Nancy have you add a light ?

ice-boy ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 3:25 AM

Quote -
then I'm guessing the bug is that shadows and reflections don't look like they do in above image?
I daresay you-know-who will get to work on it ASAP, but in meantime, can ice-boy or athan post their: - shader setting for sphere

• render settings
  • FFRender script settings (even if not using d3d's ffrender script)

are you lighting this with a light or with the IDL?

in my examples i used no lights. only the ENV sphere was the light source.

Anthanasius ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 3:43 AM

Quote - > Quote -

then I'm guessing the bug is that shadows and reflections don't look like they do in above image?
I daresay you-know-who will get to work on it ASAP, but in meantime, can ice-boy or athan post their: - shader setting for sphere

• render settings
  • FFRender script settings (even if not using d3d's ffrender script)

are you lighting this with a light or with the IDL?

in my examples i used no lights. only the ENV sphere was the light source.

Same for me ...

Tashar59 ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 4:25 AM

Quote - I'm glad I checked here.  I didn't know about SR2.  How come SM hasn't sent us an email regarding an update?

Because according to SM rep statement in the other P8 thread. Your suppose to have your computer connected to the internet to get the updates. Does not matter that many of us don't have our main machines connected or that many turn that option off the first time they open poser. It's how they are doing it and we are not to expect any notifications.

Anthanasius ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 5:03 AM

ice-boy it work !!!

Anthanasius ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 5:04 AM

file_443267.png

Irradiance cache 25

Anthanasius ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 5:04 AM

file_443268.png

Irradiance cache 50

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.