Tue, Oct 1, 5:06 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 8:55 am)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Daddy are we there yet? = Questions about a potential freebie

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 21 November 2009 at 11:24 PM · edited Fri, 30 August 2024 at 3:30 AM

file_443541.jpg

This is mainly an inside joke (Bobby Stahr will get it..;) but I've been playing around with the Spline tool in Anim8tor (long story), and came up with this chair.

Textures by Tyllo and Tony Lynch, but the design is mine. I realize the fabric is off-center (not sure how to get it 'on-center'...;) but the cushions don't deform too much (this is P5, production mode).

Feel free to eviscerate the design, or supply good ideas for improvement.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Whazizname ( ) posted Sun, 22 November 2009 at 1:04 AM

Interesting chair; not something that would see a lot of use in my images; but still quite nice looking!

The texture "off centeredness", can be cured by adjusting the appropriate offset parameter in the "image_Map" node.

If you suspect that the Firefly render engine is the cause of the deforming of the cushions; that can be cured by deselecting "Smooth Polygons" in the chair's parameter tab.

Uhh...; what was the question?  Oh yeah, nice looking chair!

(:

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Sun, 22 November 2009 at 2:05 AM

Is it just me that sees removing the cushions would turn the chair into the perfect Spanish Inquisition torture tool? It looks good by the way, even with the slightly squiffy textures. ;)

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

ThunderStone ( ) posted Sun, 22 November 2009 at 6:46 AM · edited Sun, 22 November 2009 at 6:49 AM

It's what's known as "The Comfort Chair" an inside joke with the Brycers... as well as the Monty Pythoners. 😉

Oh btw, it's a nice looking chair... Of course if you make the round thingy into a square thingy is would be looking more ferocious and uncomfortable.

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 22 November 2009 at 10:03 AM

thanks....

offset parameter...image mode? I probably should mention that it was done in Wings 3d, and rendered in Poser 5 (it's all I can afford...;)

Which program are these in? and what tab? and can you do this while standing on one foot?...;)
Inquiring minds want to know...;)

thanks again.

Whazizname ( ) posted Sun, 22 November 2009 at 10:30 PM · edited Sun, 22 November 2009 at 10:31 PM

file_443598.jpg

Heheh!

I can't do it while standing on one foot; but I've heard of it being done that way.

The possible cures that I mentioned are all for Poser 5 (that's all that I have afforded...)

The image node, and offset parameters are found in the Material Room. (see image) Changing offset values will cause the applied image to move (U offset equals horizontal movement, Y offset equals vertical movement).

The "Properties" tab (excuse me, I used an incorrect name in my previous post...) Is the other tab on the window with the dials (in fact, the window with the dials is the "Parameters" tab.) It is normally seen in the Pose Room; but can in fact be active in an "room". (see image)

(:

Whazizname ( ) posted Sun, 22 November 2009 at 10:32 PM

file_443599.jpg

...and the Properties tab...

(:

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 25 November 2009 at 1:00 AM

you are da man (unless you're a woman...;) Will check this out. Interesting notion. I too, have the other working copy of P5 still in existence...;)

coolness...

Whazizname ( ) posted Wed, 25 November 2009 at 6:25 AM

Heheh!

I happy that I could help.

(:

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.