Thu, Sep 19, 9:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Bryce 7 Beta available

frogdot ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2010 at 4:13 PM · edited Mon, 16 September 2024 at 11:57 AM

Just saw over at DAZ Forums someone saying they found Bryce 7 Beta in their Available Downloads. I looked and I got it too. Figured I'd pass it on.

Found this thread too:
http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=130693&highlight=bryce++beta

bobbystahr ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2010 at 5:12 PM

Curious that it says Bryce 7 Beta, then in the next column it says 6.3 update from 5.0-5.5
 it's only available till Jan 20 2010 so get it fast I guess

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2010 at 5:17 PM
Forum Moderator

Now that's a surprise.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2010 at 5:35 PM

There are even more surprises to come...

AgentSmith

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

artbyphil ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2010 at 5:50 PM · edited Fri, 15 January 2010 at 5:50 PM

I've downloaded it but I'm unsure if it overwrites 6.3. I don't want to risk messing that up as I use the link to daz Studio a lot and i don't think is working for Bryce 7 yet unless I'm mistaken.

ddaydreams ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2010 at 5:51 PM
vncnt9663 ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2010 at 5:54 PM

I'm a work right now. I can hardly wait to get home so i can give it a spin.

rashadcarter ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2010 at 6:12 PM

Bryce 7 by my tests renders roughly 50% faster than 6.1, and a full 80% faster than 6.3, which was actually a tad slower than 6.1. Bryce 7 is a major improvement just in render speeds alone. It even allows you to create an hdri from the sky used in the scene!

Yes, Bryce 7 will install over 6.3, so be carefula to secure your User presets before reinstalling.

artbyphil ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2010 at 6:15 PM

Quote - Bryce 7 by my tests renders roughly 50% faster than 6.1, and a full 80% faster than 6.3, which was actually a tad slower than 6.1. Bryce 7 is a major improvement just in render speeds alone. It even allows you to create an hdri from the sky used in the scene!

Yes, Bryce 7 will install over 6.3, so be carefula to secure your User presets before reinstalling.

I'm a bit confused by this, does this mean it turns the full 6.3 version into a 7 beta? does the link to daz studio still work?

rashadcarter ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2010 at 6:22 PM

Both 6.3 and 7 will install into a folder named Daz3D. This is different than 6.1, which installed in a folder simple named Daz.

So most people, found that in order to use 6.3 effectively they had to transfer their presets from the Daz folder to the Daz3D folder. Just to be on the safe side, I always move my User presets to a secure location, for in the past a new installs or mere re-installs would replace occupied User folders with empty ones of the same name.

As far as the beta goes, I think that in order to qualify you must be a Bryce 6.3 user, and they say it is still not too late to upgrade to 6.3.

Good luck.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2010 at 6:23 PM

With any beta, use caution and always suspect the worse to happen with your presets. Back everything up, elsewhere.

I have my B7 beta installed in a completely different directory apart from my B6.1 and my B6.3

AS

rashadcarter ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2010 at 6:26 PM

Very wise way of approaching it AS.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2010 at 6:31 PM

My paranoid ways, as always, lol.

vncnt9663 ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2010 at 6:39 PM

Rashad,

I see your image is being used for the cover art. Congratulations! Nice score.

rashadcarter ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2010 at 6:41 PM

Thanks Vncnt9663!

Vile ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2010 at 7:02 PM

Well this is interesting news and nice suprise in my downloads...

silverblade33 ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2010 at 7:35 PM

happiness for the Brycers! :)
may download it  as I bought 6.1 while back for a little nostalgia ;)

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

gillbrooks ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2010 at 7:36 PM

I'm looking forward to testing it tomorrow.  It's been so long since I used Bryce because it didint' compare to the progress of my favourite programme 😉

Instance lab = Ecosystems????

I'm hopingthe material lab has changed.  Never did quite get a full handle on that.

Gill

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2010 at 8:28 PM

I would also caution everyone that this is VERY beta, imho. Some foundation bricks have been laid, but not all of them.

(Not everything has been thrown in there yet).

So, be gentle with old Bryce, her makeover is kinda just beginning, lol.

But, I gotta tell you from what I have seen with the beta crew, they are a crazyily,  amazingly knowledge-able group and have been very passionate at trying to get all they can stuck into Bryce 7. Daz has also been wonderful in taking it all in and trying to hit a nice high water mark with this next version. My hats off to absolutely ALL of them.

The future of Bryce...past even Bryce 7.0 looks quite promising, imo.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2010 at 8:45 PM

This is a nice surprise and a great start for 2010.

This is a bit nostalgic for me, because 11 years ago I was invited to do Beta testing for Bryce 4.0 after a review I wrote for Bryce 3D (v3.1)

Bryce 3D
http://www.designertoday.com/Reviews/Review.Archive/259/Bryce.3D.aspx

Bryce 4
http://www.designertoday.com/Reviews/Review.Archive/229/MetaCreations.Bryce.4.aspx

hehehe what a noob I was back than... and still am. :)

frogdot: Thanks for the headsup.

PS: I'm getting awesome speeds downloading the beta.

tom271 ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2010 at 8:49 PM

There is a lot of content for free as well......  I'm very excited to give this a whirl....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2010 at 9:04 PM

Good lord, Bryce 3D, I didn't come in until Bryce 4.

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2010 at 10:33 PM

pity I only have 5.5...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Bea ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2010 at 11:12 PM

It is a bit different to Bryce 6 :) and I think you will find that it renders faster :) which to me is really good. The instancing lab is still very primitive but I think very exciting.

I think it is available so long as you have Bryce 6. But beware because it will want to install in the same folder as Bryce 6.3 in the DAZ 3D folder area but you can always direct it elsewhere.

vncnt9663 ( ) posted Sat, 16 January 2010 at 12:07 AM

Okay call me dumb. I got B7 email at work so I didn't go looking for the download. Now that I'm at home I can't find it. Can someone forward me the download link? PLEASE!!

vncnt9663 ( ) posted Sat, 16 January 2010 at 12:13 AM

Never mind I found it. DUH!

Pakled you can upgrade to 6.3 For a $40.00. That's a good deal.

http://www.daz3d.com/i/shop/itemdetails/?item=4595

foleypro ( ) posted Sat, 16 January 2010 at 2:03 AM

Still see they have Duplicate tree's of mine in Object library...?

"Special Tree's"
Bryce tree's...Doh...

To bad we cant use grouped Objects or animated Objects...That would be so cool to be able to have wind blown effects and such...

Ohhhhh man we need WIDGETS inside of Bryce....

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sat, 16 January 2010 at 3:05 AM

Widgets?

tom271 ( ) posted Sat, 16 January 2010 at 3:47 AM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 16 January 2010 at 7:05 AM
Forum Moderator

I 'THINK' Instancing lab = a way of painting/copying objects into your work very quickly. Great for making forests of trees etc....

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sat, 16 January 2010 at 9:00 AM · edited Sat, 16 January 2010 at 9:01 AM

"I 'THINK' Instancing lab = a way of painting/copying objects into your work very quickly"

Yup, exactly.  ;o)

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 16 January 2010 at 9:15 AM · edited Sat, 16 January 2010 at 9:15 AM
Forum Moderator

Yup, exactly.  ;o)
Jeez! but I'm good :lol:

Skygirl ( ) posted Sat, 16 January 2010 at 10:01 AM

The DLD skies, any one ?!? What is the DLD skies except from very beautiful sky presets ?!?

bobbystahr ( ) posted Sat, 16 January 2010 at 11:17 AM

Attached Link: Instancing

here's what WIKI says about instancing to clear the murky waters

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

Vile ( ) posted Sat, 16 January 2010 at 12:05 PM

I started with Bryce 3D version 3.1 in 1998. Moved to 4 in 2000 and my first image on here was done around that time. There was a big shake up here on R'osity when it split to 3D Commune and I removed my gallery (something I regret doing as I had no backup of those images and lost them soon after). My next image wasn't until 2001 still on Bryce 4. Very excited to see what changes they have made. Been dabling with Vue but my heart is always with Bryce how could it not be after 12 years!

Installing it shortly and testing after my backup is complete.

Dave-So ( ) posted Sat, 16 January 2010 at 12:07 PM

have to say I'm pretty stoked about this Bryce 7 deal.
Here we were all lamenting its demise, and VIOLA ... Bryce 7 beta
Can it get any better than that other than its actual full release  ?

The instancing lab, although not complete as is, is really pretty cool. It would be nice to have a more predictable placement of objects and also a bit more randomness, but its a great start.
I did find you can utilize the random placement uin the EDIT mode , however, to change size etc, of objects. Very cool.

The IBL lab --- using the sky as hdri is pretty decent as well. Again, its not complete, but it works. Slows the render time down a bit.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

gillbrooks ( ) posted Sat, 16 January 2010 at 12:09 PM

I can't find the instancing lab ????

Gill

Dave-So ( ) posted Sat, 16 January 2010 at 12:12 PM

create a terrain. create an object. Select the terrain and note the small icons next to it. There is now one that is an "I" click it and you will be in the Instancing Lab.
there are no directions for this, so play around.
That thread up above to DAZ, I put a couple of tips

Quote - I can't find the instancing lab ????

gillbrooks ( ) posted Sat, 16 January 2010 at 12:15 PM · edited Sat, 16 January 2010 at 12:17 PM

Yea I fiound it after postingbut i had a tree and tried it with that but it keeps 'instancing' the gound plane instead.

:b_crying:

The only thing in the 'source' list is Plane 1

Gill

gillbrooks ( ) posted Sat, 16 January 2010 at 12:20 PM

AHHHHHH lightbulb moment!
So I have to have the ground plane selected to paint tree instances.

Shuffles back into dark corner she'd crept out of 😉

Gill

Hubert ( ) posted Sat, 16 January 2010 at 12:47 PM

Hi Dave,

thanks for the information! That's great news. Am downloading it just now and will play with that Beta on a lazy Sunday. :)

Hubert

"All that we see or fear, is but a Sphere inside a Sphere."     (E. A. Pryce -- Tuesday afternoon, 1845)

airflamesred ( ) posted Sat, 16 January 2010 at 1:16 PM

What no renders yet - Its all going on over at daz

Dave-So ( ) posted Sat, 16 January 2010 at 1:34 PM

iNSTANCE aLERT:

iF YOU USE A TERRAIN OR PLANE AS THE BASE FOR YOUR INSTANCING, ALL OBJECTS CREATED ON THAT TERRAIN OR PLANE BECOME A PART OF IT.

THUS, IF YOU DELETE THE PLANE OR TERRAIN, ALL INSTANCES OF THE OBJECTS CREATED ON IT ARE DELETED AS WELL.

you can undo the delete , however.

SORRY FOR THE CAPS...IT WAS SET AND DIDN'T NOTICE UNTIL I HAD TYPED EVERYTHING.

Rosemaryr ( ) posted Sat, 16 January 2010 at 2:21 PM

file_446554.jpg

> Quote - iNSTANCE aLERT: > > iF YOU USE A TERRAIN OR PLANE AS THE BASE FOR YOUR INSTANCING, ALL OBJECTS CREATED ON THAT TERRAIN OR PLANE BECOME A PART OF IT. > > THUS, IF YOU DELETE THE PLANE OR TERRAIN, ALL INSTANCES OF THE OBJECTS CREATED ON IT ARE DELETED AS WELL. > > you can undo the delete , however. > > SORRY FOR THE CAPS...IT WAS SET AND DIDN'T NOTICE UNTIL I HAD TYPED EVERYTHING.

Basically, the instanced items are now considered children of the parent/base object.  You can change the children without effecting the parent, but changing any of the 'Attributes" of the parent will cause the children to inherit the same changes.  (By 'Attributes' I mean, size, rotation, world position, etc.  Textures are not considered as one of those attributes, so your terrain can have a separate material than the children items.)

As for image posts, here's mine:
About 200+ trees on a terrain, also uses the 'Use Sky As HDRI' option in the HDRI lab.  Time to render was quite good, even on my older machine, and making camera adjustment was ridiculously easy compared to what would have happened in an earlier version if I had attempted it.

RosemaryR
---------------------------
"This...this is magnificent!"
"Oh, yeah. Ooooo. Aaaaah. That's how it starts.
Then, later, there's ...running. And....screaming."

Rosemaryr ( ) posted Sat, 16 January 2010 at 2:48 PM

file_446556.jpg

And for the traditional Brycers amongst us:

Spheres on Water 

RosemaryR
---------------------------
"This...this is magnificent!"
"Oh, yeah. Ooooo. Aaaaah. That's how it starts.
Then, later, there's ...running. And....screaming."

Dave-So ( ) posted Sat, 16 January 2010 at 3:07 PM

file_446559.jpg

i din't resize this, soi it will probably dink up the forum. ope not... this is using Instancing of the trees, then I did a random resize and distribution. Sky HDRI ... now becoming mandatory for me :)

Over on the DAZ forum, it was brought up to disable sunlight and just use HDRI ... this looks really good.

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 16 January 2010 at 3:13 PM · edited Sat, 16 January 2010 at 3:14 PM
Forum Moderator

*disable sunlight and just use HDRI

• That actually works for me, but HDRI really slows things down when it comes to rendering.

silverblade33 ( ) posted Sat, 16 January 2010 at 4:00 PM

Quote - *disable sunlight and just use HDRI

• That actually works for me, but HDRI really slows things down when it comes to rendering.

Bah ditch the Pentium 4 Hamsters and move on over to the quad-harnesses chariot CPU boogie of the 21st century, mate! ;)

glad Bryce ifnally got instancing, makes a hue improvement*! :)

now, I don't know how bryce instanicng works, but if it's like other unmentionable apps, lol, it should allow the use of ANY model, as the chrome sphere pic seems ot show? if so..think ARMIES....
think using it for smoke, fire, special effects ;)

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=910213&user_id=7541&np&np

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sat, 16 January 2010 at 4:33 PM

Yeah, any object in your scene can be Instanced.

Although, right now this is not TRUE Instancing, it is just copying the object for you. The benefit of true Instancing will be later implemented.

Yup, Instance trees, water drops, blades of grass...cough spheres over water, whatever.

HDRI - Yes, takes longer since its lighting is by default, more complex.

* Make sure when you are experimenting with an HDRI the QUALITY is set to its lowest value of 16. This will speed things up greatly while you are testing the lighting.

* Use the "Render In Scene" option under the nano preview window, in the IBL /HDRI section of the sky lab. This gives a quicker way of judging the lighting on your scene without having to go back to your main window and render.

Skygirl ( ) posted Sat, 16 January 2010 at 4:39 PM

Quote - Yeah, any object in your scene can be Instanced.

Although, right now this is not TRUE Instancing, it is just copying the object for you. The benefit of true Instancing will be later implemented.

Yup, Instance trees, water drops, blades of grass...cough spheres over water, whatever.

HDRI - Yes, takes longer since its lighting is by default, more complex.

* Make sure when you are experimenting with an HDRI the QUALITY is set to its lowest value of 16. This will speed things up greatly while you are testing the lighting.

* Use the "Render In Scene" option under the nano preview window, in the IBL /HDRI section of the sky lab. This gives a quicker way of judging the lighting on your scene without having to go back to your main window and render.

Please sweet sweet Agent Smith wil you explain the different between "just copuing the object for you" and "true instanceing". If it is not just a lot of copys of an object, what is it then ?!? I simply don´t understand it and my brain hurts VERY much ! :-)

beelzebulb ( ) posted Sat, 16 January 2010 at 4:53 PM

Well I have managed to crash 3 times until I got the hang of the instance lab and I have to say for me thats the best thing so far in 7. I made a fleet of ships in about 10 seconds and it worked great. Of course I am good at crashing Bryce. I did have one crash on a save. Tried to re-create it but 2cnd time it worked fine. Probably a hiccup with my new machine.  So far I am happy with the beta and if it is any indication of what the final version is going to be like then it will definitely become once again my favorite program. (the scene I crashed saving would have killed itself in 6.1 and 6.3 a dozen times at least:) )

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.