Sat, Aug 3, 6:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Python Scripting

Welcome to the Poser Python Scripting Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Python Scripting F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 26 1:10 pm)

We now have a ProPack Section in the Poser FreeStuff.
Check out the new Poser Python Wish List thread. If you have an idea for a script, jot it down and maybe someone can write it. If you're looking to write a script, check out this thread for useful suggestions.

Also, check out the official Python site for interpreters, sample code, applications, cool links and debuggers. This is THE central site for Python.

You can now attach text files to your posts to pass around scripts. Just attach the script as a txt file like you would a jpg or gif. Since the forum will use a random name for the file in the link, you should give instructions on what the file name should be and where to install it. Its a good idea to usually put that info right in the script file as well.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Figure mixing using only Poser

R_Hatch ( ) posted Sat, 14 May 2011 at 4:43 AM · edited Wed, 15 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

The only real hard part is placing the bones and placing the matSpheres, as Poser's 'load morph target' function is perfectly suited to the mesh blending. I have a feeling that this might be a fairly easy task for someone with some Python skills, which I am not.

The controls needed for the UI would be quite simple, as it should just ask for a source figure, a target figure, and a percentage of target to combine with source. If any JCMs could be converted along the way, that would probably be useful as well.

nruddock ( ) posted Sat, 14 May 2011 at 6:01 AM

Unfortunately I'm pretty certain Python doesn't have access to all the necessary information (it would have to be parsed from the CR2s), and certainly doesn't have the ability to set new values other than by writing a new file (either a CR2 or possibly a PZ2), so while still possible, it's not going to be as simple as could be if the API was extended.

R_Hatch ( ) posted Sat, 14 May 2011 at 8:32 AM

What I have in mind wouldn't be dynamic. It would read values from source and target CR2s, apply blending amount specified by user, then write a new CR2.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.