Wed, Sep 18, 11:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Cupcake... How's she lookin ?

santicor ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 10:30 PM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 11:23 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_474528.jpg

Here is the final  model. I have a great  rig for this model, built on her recent predecessor, But since i needed a final  UV map, I am now  back  to  an  ungrouped obj and I am taking some time to  work on  the UV map  and a basic texture map before I rig this final model. Is the bod OK? face OK? comments please. Cant wait to  show U some poses, she looks good posed. Couple days from  now I hope.

"When you have to shoot ...

SHOOT.

Don't talk "

- Tuco

Santicor's Gallery:

http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=3&userid=580115

santicor ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 10:34 PM

file_474529.jpg

rear.

the texture map  really only is complete on  face and front of torso ... all of this back side is just a simple skin  image tile    btw  the knee contours are built into  the mesh, some other little details are meshed based , too,  but her topology is pretty crazy because of it.

SHOOT.

Don't talk "

- Tuco

Santicor's Gallery:

Eric Walters ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 10:43 PM

Very cool- new figures are always great to see. What are you modeling with?

santicor ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 11:03 PM

file_474531.jpg

completely in  W3D

apologies for the bad hair - here's a look  at  her face

SHOOT.

Don't talk "

- Tuco

Santicor's Gallery:

Eric Walters ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2011 at 11:10 PM

Looking good! Already better than Alyson- in my opinion!

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 12:11 AM · edited Wed, 26 October 2011 at 12:16 AM

She sure is gifted in the boobage area...lol.

And yeah..I agree better looking that Alyson. If you had some boob shrinking morphs I'd use her....lol. I may even be so inclined to make some clothinks...:D

Laurie

Pol ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 1:26 AM

Good job santicor,

She's very nice except the boobs, too big.

bantha ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 1:30 AM

Looks good, I'd love to see how she bends. Not a weightmapped rig already, I suppose?

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 5:57 AM · edited Wed, 26 October 2011 at 5:57 AM

I like her, but...

1. I think her breasts are WAAAAYYYY to big for her default state.

2. Her back could use a bit more definition, as well as her front. In other words, a collar bone and shoulder blades.

santicor ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 7:45 AM

file_474543.jpg

comments are so  great  I have been in  my own  world on  this for too long. All  great observations, thanks

NO not weight mapped - I actually am all  P7 so  far , I have P8,  but I think  I would need to  get P9 to  weight map, correct?

the boobs,  yeah  they  are big, but

A. I like big boobs

B. it is better to  build base mesh  with large boobs and use a shrinker morph than it is to build flat chested girl  and have to  morph to get bigger. You  tend to  run out of verts and be able to  stay smooth,when  you inflate the flat chested girl  to  a big size.

agree on  the collars definition, yeah. On  the shoulder blades ,though... Check out T girl. I think  i like the amount of shoulder balde poping out on her, and i might just JCM the blades to  pop out when she goes into  pose like natural stand girl (on our right) But you  are right the blades gotta pop.

Also , On T pose girl  i have her arm out because I am really unsure about the dimensions of this figures arms, hands. Are the arms too  skinny? hows the relative lengths look , realistic?

SHOOT.

Don't talk "

- Tuco

Santicor's Gallery:

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 8:25 AM

Actually, it's a little hard to tell since she's standing on her tippy toes in the T-pose.

Oh, and you'd need PP2012 to weightmap her.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 1:57 PM

Quote - She sure is gifted in the boobage area...lol.

Looks very much lika an ex gf in that dept. 

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 26 October 2011 at 5:45 PM

Quote - > Quote - She sure is gifted in the boobage area...lol.

Looks very much lika an ex gf in that dept. 

Poor girl....lol ;)

Laurie

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2011 at 12:15 PM

Nah, she was around 6 feet tall and had the physique of a swimmer otherwise.  Carried herself very well and was extremely proud of her assets.  When we were out, she wore NewRock boots, which made her about a foot taller than me.  

Not that I minded, since my face was just about level with her chesticles. :D 

My Store

My Gallery

santicor ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2011 at 1:17 PM

Sam I take it you  dont think the figures boobs are "too big",  then?

You  have to  love the sidewinder effect in that rear view above

SHOOT.

Don't talk "

- Tuco

Santicor's Gallery:

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2011 at 2:00 PM

Nope, they look just fine to me.  I don't mind breasts of any size, in truth.

What does get my goat is this idea that smaller breasts are more realistic.  There's a lot of guff talked here and elsewhere about it.  Maybe it's something peculiar to the USA, because here in the UK, women have larger than the European average and up in the north - where I live - they're statistically larger than the rest of the UK.

I've never been a fan of silicone norks, though. 

My Store

My Gallery

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2011 at 4:59 PM · edited Thu, 27 October 2011 at 5:00 PM

I guess American women are just not that gifted in the "chesticles" department...lol. I've only known a handfull of women in my experience that have had huge breasts, and one even had them reduced. We won't talk about mine....lol. Not worth mentioning really :P. Suffice it to say that I would prefer much smaller boobs on your Cupcake...lol.

Laurie

santicor ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2011 at 6:01 PM · edited Thu, 27 October 2011 at 6:08 PM

L, I understand - in fact  you  spoke of wanting a smaller chest  for the clothinks  and while in  the process of making the model, i was tinkering with some tops that would fit her in  her natural large state and the problem is , while i can  make a good looking tight fitting clothing that accomodates the chest, yes these would be very  distinct  clothes that  one would be hard pressed to fit to another base figre-  and conversely (sp?) you would be hard pressed to fit another figures shirt to  cupcake even  with a shrink morph applied to  cupcake, but cest la vie, lemme whip  out and show you a couple o form  fit tops that fit her when  i can get to them later.

BTW  noone mentioned she comes with  fairly full  booty. By the same argument that some would make about the distinctive nature of the boobs being too intense, would not the booty be a problem ?

The point of the fig-  the reason  I am working so hard on  it ( no  pun  intended) is i want the base form  to be the sexied up form  that  many  many users would otherwise have to  morph and morph and morph  a "vanilla" plain body  to  get to.   And I figured as long as she is  "generically bodacious"  this would be a good thing.  For those who  want it. That  is what  I am going for-  bodacious- but "generically" bodacious

SHOOT.

Don't talk "

- Tuco

Santicor's Gallery:

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2011 at 6:15 PM · edited Thu, 27 October 2011 at 6:20 PM

Bootie is good...lol. Shake it like J-Lo.

Truth be told, I think that, comparing her out of the box state, your figure is more properly proportioned than V4. Yeah, both of the figures legs are long, but Cupcake has a much shorter hip. V4's hip is...tall...lol.

Laurie

santicor ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2011 at 8:45 PM · edited Thu, 27 October 2011 at 8:50 PM

file_474605.jpg

hopefully last time i bore you  with static model ....here's an angle to  further illustrate the build and posture of the body - hope i dont get wierd jpeg distortion this time

SHOOT.

Don't talk "

- Tuco

Santicor's Gallery:

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2011 at 9:01 PM

Lookin' good! Just top-heavy :P. Not bad for a first ;). Not bad at all.

Laurie

santicor ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 10:13 AM

file_478129.jpg

completely new model - I hated the haphazardness of the model  that  I started the thread with........This model  is better....only 4  tri's in the whole model. other than that, all quads ( except for the temporary Ngons where the mouth cavity  ends inside and also at the nipples). the layout I think is very simple  and I am  happy with the amount of detail I got with the amount of polys I ended up  with. I still  have some detailing to  do  around the knees, collar bone /throat. also  she needs ears.  think  i'll  make the hands bigger, too. She has her feet in  a 5 inch heel shoe bend. Probably not a good idea but I dont care. i would not get a sexy  looking foot shape modeling it flat footed. that's just me.weight mapping will help  a lot here and the collars I am sure. I am going to  get started on  that hopefully in  1 or 2 days from  now after ears, eyeballs, final model details all  that  stuff

So  how the proportions? boobs OK this time?   comments? anything? would love to  hear,  thanks

SHOOT.

Don't talk "

- Tuco

Santicor's Gallery:

santicor ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 10:16 AM · edited Wed, 01 February 2012 at 10:17 AM

file_478130.jpg

base model

SHOOT.

Don't talk "

- Tuco

Santicor's Gallery:

santicor ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 10:22 AM

file_478131.jpg

I was shy  at  first  about giving the first  model  hips.  This model , OTOH  has some real  hips - also  built-in  butt dimples,  I hope people like butt dimples.

SHOOT.

Don't talk "

- Tuco

Santicor's Gallery:

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 1:03 PM

Looking good.  When do we get our hands on her?

I can't believe I just referred to a CG model by gender.  First time for everything, I suppose. 

My Store

My Gallery

santicor ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 1:47 PM

When do we get our hands on her?

LOL !   Touching only allowed above the waist,  please.

Oh yes,  and,     one foot on the floor at  all  times!

SHOOT.

Don't talk "

- Tuco

Santicor's Gallery:

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 2:54 PM

Quote - When do we get our hands on her?

LOL !   Touching only allowed above the waist,  please.

Oh yes,  and,     one foot on the floor at  all  times!

That still leaves plenty of possibilities. ;) 

My Store

My Gallery

Gareee ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 7:16 PM

She looks awfully low poly, and there are no real facial edgeloops to work with. That will really limit facial morphing.

How many polys is the figure?

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

Vially ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 7:19 PM

I have a question on that rear (no pun intended) shot...

Are you going to model a spinal column, or just the indent where it belongs?

Sorry if that sounds rough, but there are what.. 33 vertibrea in the human body?, and while they do tend on the most bart to not be visible... they do come to the foreground between the shoulderblades and especially at the base of the neck...

My $0.02 :)

Quote - comments are so  great  I have been in  my own  world on  this for too long. All  great observations, thanks

NO not weight mapped - I actually am all  P7 so  far , I have P8,  but I think  I would need to  get P9 to  weight map, correct?

the boobs,  yeah  they  are big, but

A. I like big boobs

B. it is better to  build base mesh  with large boobs and use a shrinker morph than it is to build flat chested girl  and have to  morph to get bigger. You  tend to  run out of verts and be able to  stay smooth,when  you inflate the flat chested girl  to  a big size.

agree on  the collars definition, yeah. On  the shoulder blades ,though... Check out T girl. I think  i like the amount of shoulder balde poping out on her, and i might just JCM the blades to  pop out when she goes into  pose like natural stand girl (on our right) But you  are right the blades gotta pop.

Also , On T pose girl  i have her arm out because I am really unsure about the dimensions of this figures arms, hands. Are the arms too  skinny? hows the relative lengths look , realistic?

Vially ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 7:21 PM

Quote - > Quote - Oh yes,  and,     one foot on the floor at  all  times!

I thought that was only true when posting replies in this forum while drunk?!?!?

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 7:33 PM · edited Wed, 01 February 2012 at 7:37 PM

Quote - She looks awfully low poly, and there are no real facial edgeloops to work with. That will really limit facial morphing.

How many polys is the figure?

I was thinking she also doesn't have enough at other key areas like the top of the thigh, the elbow, shoulder, etc. Could also use a little better topology, but I'm lousy at that too, so I can't really talk...lol.

Laurie

Vially ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 7:45 PM · edited Wed, 01 February 2012 at 7:55 PM

file_478148.jpg

Cases in point...

Ladies and gentlemen.. the female spine!

So essentially the shape.. in parts depending on the bend is like // not just /... (sorry V is the only shape I can make.)

santicor ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 7:46 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

OK   finally  some fodder to  react to; respond ; whatever

good show

I dont know gareee . tell me what  I should be doing in the facial  edge lop array to  make this  better...

vially  I am sure you  had some good points  but might have missed them   come again

thanks 

your pal

Santicor

Touch my sister again  and i'll fuckin kill you. ...... get it  ?

SHOOT.

Don't talk "

- Tuco

Santicor's Gallery:

santicor ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 7:53 PM

oh vially  I see now.   nope .   forget it.    gross.  not every  woman U put in that  pose  will have that  nasty  rat  tail  spinnal column. look  at the figfure .... she  likes  a samwich.  yeah  no      not too into  that  yucky   bony  shit

SHOOT.

Don't talk "

- Tuco

Santicor's Gallery:

Vially ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 8:00 PM

Quote - oh vially  I see now.   nope .   forget it.    gross.

Doesn't have to be overtly pronounced.. but maybe just there?

It's one of my major gripes about Vicky... she has no bones, they just are not there. yes hse has muscle morphs, but the muscles attach to... nothing. :)

santicor ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 8:03 PM

file_478149.jpg

heres the face polys.....  pls  tell me -  as a morph  expert - what  do  you  want in  the   face loops to  make your  job  easier . this is imp. to  me .... thanks  for ur  feedback

SHOOT.

Don't talk "

- Tuco

Santicor's Gallery:

santicor ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 8:07 PM

yes  awesome --- also  i notice my scapula to  close together . i fix . i  come back  later>I'll try toi  give more spine  i know what  U are saying  yo  arre making me create more polys  bastard  thank yo

SHOOT.

Don't talk "

- Tuco

Santicor's Gallery:

santicor ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 8:37 PM

file_478161.jpg

*Are you going to model a spinal column, or just the indent where it belongs?*

Sorry if that sounds rough,

nope   not   rough ......   cool  concept challenge  thank  you the figure in zero  is not bent forward.   

SHOOT.

Don't talk "

- Tuco

Santicor's Gallery:

Gareee ( ) posted Wed, 01 February 2012 at 9:24 PM

file_478165.jpg

When building meshes, its beneficial to bulid your loops so they replicate the muscle structure underneath them. Look at any of the daz males/females face poly layout.

For instance, the mouth should have many morph possibilities... Wide lips, thin lips, thick lips, and of course enough polys to be able to pull off at least all the mimic phoenetic morphs.

The eyes should have enough polys for the eyelids to open and close smoothly., without geometric edges, and you should have to rely quite as heavily on poser's poly smoothing for the figure to look.

Look at Antonia as well, since she is free (over at RDNA).. look at her polycount, and the polycount of your model.

You don't want to waste polys, but in high bend areas, you need more for proper morphing and bending.

If you wanted to add age morphs for example, are there enough polys to morph cheekbones, bags under the eyes, a wrinled nose, or a wrinkled brow? Or do a body morph so the ribcage is showing slightly? Or add more pronounced collar bones?

I did the Grrrl PLUS morph set for girl.. here are some of the morphs I did for her, as example.

When modelling organics, you need to keep anatomy in mind with your poly flow, be it a human, or an animal. (Muscle groups, skin folds, and bone structures)

I'm not trying to be critical, but what you have would be great for a low poly game model, but not a very versatile poser figure.

Hope this helps!

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

amandagirl15701 ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 1:11 AM

Attached Link: http://www.phungdinhdung.org/Studies_paper/Realistic_face_modeling.shtm

Here are some examples of good and bad face topology.

As Gareee said edgeloops should try to mimic muscle groups, especially in the face. The topology you have now won't allow her face to be very expressive. Even if you aren't considering extended morphs, you still need good edgeflow to give her a decent smile or frown.

santicor ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 6:59 AM · edited Thu, 02 February 2012 at 7:00 AM

file_478168.jpg

amandagirl  i like the link.  Well  my  face  is radial  based around the mouth and eyes. and i think  there is a proper directional flow from nose bridge downward for the cheeks ..... maybe center eyebrows  could be much  better but in  general  i am lost as to what  needs to  be done to be more expression supportive...  the above image is the subdivided  model  which  would be the final figure's  poly layout. ealier face pic was not subdivided.

SHOOT.

Don't talk "

- Tuco

Santicor's Gallery:

santicor ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 7:03 AM

file_478169.jpg

eyes and mouth are *based* in continuous circular edge loops ....supported still  as you  come outward ....   but I can  fix  this   if you  think  it does not support  expresions ....

SHOOT.

Don't talk "

- Tuco

Santicor's Gallery:

santicor ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 7:03 AM

file_478170.jpg

poly count  = 21038

SHOOT.

Don't talk "

- Tuco

Santicor's Gallery:

santicor ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 7:08 AM

file_478171.jpg

you  want continuos  unbroken  ege loops ....say....out to  here? I can  do  that  if you  think  that is a step  in  the right direction

SHOOT.

Don't talk "

- Tuco

Santicor's Gallery:

santicor ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 7:13 AM

gareee, primarily,   you  make face morphs in  an external  modeling program  as opposed to  Poser  correct...?  prob some of both  but  basically you quite directly work the verticies outside of Poser?

SHOOT.

Don't talk "

- Tuco

Santicor's Gallery:

santicor ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 4:39 PM

file_478178.jpg

You  are correct there is a lot than  needs fixing in  the face

here i have the eye area fixed.......  still  need  to  push  the creases in  the lids... esp  in  lower lid ....but this will  be the eye layout .... and i will  now start the mouth corners and that  whole mouth area.

SHOOT.

Don't talk "

- Tuco

Santicor's Gallery:

santicor ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 7:55 PM · edited Thu, 02 February 2012 at 7:58 PM

OH BTW  nobody  realized that  i wrote  BASE  model as the text for the screen shot (on  thread page 1)  that shows a low poly count figure.

The model is meant to  be subdivided 1  time  ! (as my  more recent screen  shots  show)

subdividing fixes up  the tris and generally helps fix a lot of nastiness ....so  i wanted to  show my  work  before subdividing.  i am  proud of my  4  total  tri.s  before subdividing

Game figure?

I wanted to  show you  the  BASE  mesh   with that  earlier screen  shot.

SHOOT.

Don't talk "

- Tuco

Santicor's Gallery:

santicor ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 9:30 PM

file_478190.jpg

better face topology?

i am  running out of gas tonight. I have 5 sets of poles in  the face - 2 of the sets i dont care about ( temples and nose crease)  the ones on  the jaw are probably a problem  but I am  tired.  inluded closeup  of the joint of top  and bottom lip. mouth  should open wide with no  probs.

obviously the rebuild screwed the nose bad. also  i know the flow might not be perfect  yet with these newly laid out polys , but that's easy.

SHOOT.

Don't talk "

- Tuco

Santicor's Gallery:

santicor ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2012 at 9:44 PM · edited Thu, 02 February 2012 at 9:51 PM

file_478191.jpg

(damn  keep  forgetting about the 5 joined polys in  the middle eyebrow. ....we'll  see)

this is the poles in  the body - the only ones.  The ones i think  i should fix  are  at the outside of waist, and the ones closest to  the hip  bone protrusion. The deltiod ones? nope... not going ther again. that whole experience was a nightmare. that is staying as is ...unless i  fix by bringing 2 edges down the arm to  shape the outermost part of the bicep.  should prob do  that

base mesh  5782  polys 

smoothed final  model  23210  polys - 

many of those dont count  i currently have subdivision wackiness going on with the unfinshed fingertips. the ears will  bring the count back up  though.  no inner mouth parts yet either.

SHOOT.

Don't talk "

- Tuco

Santicor's Gallery:

santicor ( ) posted Sun, 02 December 2012 at 5:47 PM

fully mapped ( well, i hope.. working on a photo texture now)......

SHOOT.

Don't talk "

- Tuco

Santicor's Gallery:

santicor ( ) posted Sun, 02 December 2012 at 5:49 PM

file_489088.jpg

fully mapped ( well, i hope.. working on a photo texture now)......

SHOOT.

Don't talk "

- Tuco

Santicor's Gallery:

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.