Sat, Aug 3, 8:10 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 3:40 pm)

Subject: Look at my Hair plug-in: introducing my new toy

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2012 at 1:24 PM

Probably busy with the beta team at this point ... if not preparing the beta.... takes time to set all that up. 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

papillon68 ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2012 at 2:17 PM

Hi guys, yes we started the beta just yesterday and we are testing and nuking LAMH in any possible way.

visit my blog:  www.alessandromastronardi.com

My Rendo Store

Carri58 ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2012 at 2:18 PM

Hurray!!!

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2012 at 2:30 PM

WOO HOO

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

coldrake ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2012 at 6:12 PM

Being able to create multiple hair groups is huge. For animals such as a musk ox which have under and outer coats we'll be able to create fur that is true to the animal.

Every time I see something new I'm truly amazed at how well you are thinking everything through, not missing any feature that might be needed. Thank you for all the time and effort you're putting into this, it's greatly appreciated.

The bear cub and mammoth are amazing, and I love the caiman! I see myself spending weeks just entertaining myself putting hair on every critter in my runtime, (whether they're supposed to have hair or not!) before I get around to making a finished render!:laugh: It looks like it's going to be a lot of fun to work with.😄

I think this is going to be a very, very successful product for you, and I'm really looking forward to it's release.

Coldrake

papillon68 ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2012 at 6:35 PM · edited Mon, 18 June 2012 at 6:42 PM

Thank you Coldrake, much appreciated.

There are indeed several features that I hope will finally give Studio users the possibility to do hair in a creative way. As you mentioned multiple hair groups is one of those, as it is also the "texture transpher" feature (i.e. fur gathering colors from the underlying model, which works even for exported .obj files), and also the way styling works which, IMO, is quite intuitive and entertaining.

Creating this application was no game, really tough maths and programming involved. As some said in the forums, I should have called it "Look at my Hair... left!" :)

Sometimes I felt lost but I always kept going, adding features, solving issues one by one, with the aim to produce something new, something that all Studio users would enjoy and use for their creations. I hope I'll succeed in this. Time will tell :)

My Rendo Store

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2012 at 7:54 PM

and you still have a full head of hair too! :thumbupboth:

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2012 at 8:22 PM

I was gonna say if working on LAMH made AA pull his own hair out,is he useing the LAMH to hide the fact???

I take my hat off to those who can program!! cause that's totally beyond me ......and  I'm real grateful to use their programs!!

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2012 at 8:43 PM

Hey, I can't even 'get' how to create a jcm for Genesis without hair falling out of my head.  SO yea, HATS off to you Alex.  Hugs too! 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

papillon68 ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2012 at 1:55 AM

Quote - and you still have a full head of hair too! :thumbupboth:

Yes, that's a miracle! LOL

My Rendo Store

papillon68 ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2012 at 1:56 AM

Quote - I was gonna say if working on LAMH made AA pull his own hair out,is he useing the LAMH to hide the fact???

Hey, this is briliiant. I'll try! LOL

My Rendo Store

durf ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2012 at 4:12 AM

how far is the developing project running about dynamic-hair?

as animator i'm only interested in dynamic hair.

papillon68 ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2012 at 4:25 AM

Hi durf, that is all to be done. Right now I'm focusing on releasing version 1.0 and have no time left to continue developing or adding new features.

Will work on that after 1.0 will be released, hopefully in a few weeks.

My Rendo Store

Kerya ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2012 at 6:31 AM

Ahhh! Here you are!

I looked for you.

sits down and watches

papillon68 ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2012 at 10:47 AM

A mandrill, created out of the Genesis Gorilla. Exported the head and neck in ZBrush, morphed it, made a very basic texture and imported in LAMH. Created the hair, styled, rendered. Made some adjustments and a little bit of HDR toning in second image.

My Rendo Store

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2012 at 10:55 AM

Nice work!  :-)

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2012 at 6:43 PM

OOOOooooooooooo wow that just reminded me we don't have DS or Poser baboons ,........may have to start a thread about that !!

That looks fabulouss!! AA , wow!! Is it soup yet??!!

How about now???!!

Okay I'll just sit here some more waiting ...........

What about now????.........okay, okay I know sit and be quiet .........I'll try ........

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2012 at 7:50 PM

OMG, It's LIVE! :scared:

I'm so evil!  :tt2:

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2012 at 8:19 PM · edited Tue, 19 June 2012 at 8:20 PM

Heheeheeheheh ,ACKGH! hheheh HairBall .........oops!

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2012 at 9:34 PM

Ooo, cough that sucker up!  YUK!  :lol:

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2012 at 9:58 PM

Yep yuck  ....now do I blame the hairball on LAMH or do I blame Wolf fur????

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2012 at 11:52 PM

Hehehe... not tellin'!  :lol:

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 9:26 AM

Ummmm figures .......I'm just gonna go rake my tongue now ,then go to work  ........blewahahh!!

Oh hey any word on the Gemoligical shader??

RAMWorks ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 10:38 AM

No.  Both gals are NOT happy with the new forums.  So it's hard to say where they are with the development of that at this point.  Very sad how so many projects just stopped or just don't know where they are.  At least we know that Alex is still hard at work. 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

papillon68 ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 4:40 PM

Working very hard indeed. Me and the team already identified so many nasty bugs (as I expected) that some of the tester got sick as well. LOL

My Rendo Store

Carri58 ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 8:14 PM

The testers got HairBalls??? ooooooo not good  .......AA you expected bugs so I'm gonna assume you got bug killer up your sleeve ........

I couldn't even find the thread at all even to lurk .....I am VERY grateful to AA for popping in here,so I can know what's going on with something ......

RAMWorks ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 9:17 PM

Aww, that's not good.  I hope every one gets all that fur out of their throats! 

Oh and Carrie, not sure if you use Firefox but I created a really nice theme using "Color This Site" Very easy to set up and implement if you have that plugin installed.  Let me know...

Thread is here:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/2501/

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 9:33 PM

I have Firefox but it's not my primary browser, tried it to see if I could get into the forums, it worked for 2 days and then I was back to being a lurker ,damn forum won't let me log in ...... .But I'll go check that out for some day ........thank you Richard.

Sooo I go and lurk around to see if anything new or interesting is happening ,sigh alot and come back here .......

But you oughta see the colors I used in DS4 , ........blinding  ,but I like ,so that's good

RAMWorks ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2012 at 10:39 PM

:blink:  I like calm colors or my eyes go all wonky!  HUGS

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

jamminwolf ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2012 at 6:20 AM · edited Thu, 21 June 2012 at 6:22 AM

I'm just getting so excited about your development, Alex!  Love mandrill, it looks soooooooo cool and the hair so realistic!  And I'm focused on more realistic renders then anything these days, so that's gonna be real exciting!!!

Hey, brother Wolff!  I read your "UPS" story, hahaha poor guy.  That gal sounds like my kinda gal, to poke fun and pick on friends :) I do that all the time hehe :)

Finally done with my project, but eh... promos are always so difficult... that is.. the arrangements parts, and my procrastination gets the best of me at times.  The teen/kids promos almost done, then onto the adult sighs

...wolfie

Carri58 ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2012 at 7:05 AM

Well I like bright colors they tend to make me feel energetic,I also like calm colors too, come to think about it I like just about every color ,just depends on what mood I'm in at the moment ......and so far so good,most of the time the brights don't bother my eyes,but I do know the wonky feeling,where it feels(at least for me) like your eyes want to just fall out,accompanied by an intense headache,which makes you think the eyeballs falling out could be a good thing ......and the blurring,diffuculty focusing .......which in turn makes it really hard to stay in a good mood or be civil..... ya not fun .And in your business you definitely need your eyes in good shape.

Have a good day ,talk at ya later.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2012 at 9:21 AM

Hey Brother Wolf.  Glad your project is on it's way to completion ... promos are a total bitch to do but it's what helps sell a product! 

Morning Carri... yea, I don't get the headaches so much but my eyes just force themselves to close if it's too garrish.  Kinda like being in strong sun light making you squint! 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2012 at 9:42 PM

Hey RAMWolf have you got that JCM issue figured out yet??I was doing my lurking thing in the DAZ discussion forum and I found this thread thought it might be something that could help ,or there is a link in the thread to some documentation on the JCMs ........oh ! almost forgot the link.....

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/2160/

jamminwolf ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2012 at 10:11 PM · edited Thu, 21 June 2012 at 10:12 PM

Quote - by RAMWolff
Hey Brother Wolf.  Glad your project is on it's way to completion ... promos are a total bitch to do but it's what helps sell a product!

(bold emphasized by me)  Especially being a nit picker like I am lol, sometimes I kick myself for being so picky, but yes, great promos do sell, I certainly agree! :)

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 22 June 2012 at 12:04 AM

Hey Carri,  Yea, I have that link and others that were pointed out to me.  I have to reve up to learning new stuff like that... let the info sink in before plodding ahead or my head will explode and it will be a bloody mess!  :lol:

Yup, Wolfie, I get ya totally! 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 ( ) posted Fri, 22 June 2012 at 11:27 AM

Sounds like you need some duct tape...... it'll keep your head from explodeing......however you might want to wait until after LAMH comes out,cause you'll need it once the duct tape is removed ......the good thing about that is ....it is so much easier to clean up then blood ,all the hair just sticks to the tape so easy clean up .Sometimes I have to read through things half a dozen times before things fall into place and the proverbial light comes on .......and sometimes it turns out to be only a 4 watt nightlight, back to reading somemore ......

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 22 June 2012 at 6:41 PM

I get allot of 4 watt ideas and sometimes I'm brilliant!  lol  Just finished the 3rd installment of "Wolffie" green UI improvements for the new DAZ website.  Over 70 elements changed out using Color That Site!  I think I'll do a boring black with white and gray with splashes of blue next for those that want a very styilized "Artsy" web look.  I'm having fun!  :-)

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 ( ) posted Thu, 28 June 2012 at 9:57 PM

Sooo how's it going?? Been stuck with no internet for a couple of days,that's frustrating.!!and still unable to mingle at the DAZ forums .........also frustrating ........but at least for the moment I'm back ........and wondering how the testing is going AA???Still killing the bugs??

RorrKonn ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2012 at 3:32 AM

D/S 4 Pro is a WIP ,Might as well release ya plug , ah now :)

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

Bea ( ) posted Tue, 10 July 2012 at 8:45 AM

Any more news yet?

papillon68 ( ) posted Tue, 10 July 2012 at 4:20 PM

Hi folks, sorry for the lack of updates. After the first beta was out, as I expected there was an awful load of corrections, issues and things to improve and change.

I literally drown into lines of code, formulas and designing some features from scratch.

I should be able to deliver the second beta in a few days and continue the process of testing. As that will happen, I'll ask testers to kindly produce some renders so that you can be a little busy watching those at least.

My Rendo Store

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 10 July 2012 at 5:21 PM

Keep up the great work Alex. 

Hugs,

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Bea ( ) posted Tue, 10 July 2012 at 7:02 PM

Thank you :)

Carri58 ( ) posted Tue, 10 July 2012 at 8:29 PM · edited Tue, 10 July 2012 at 8:33 PM

Well I don't know how that happened,I made a blank post ???!! Oh well

Glad to hear from you AA, was begining to worry that we'd have to stock up on Nair  (hair remover) and go looking for you .......Thank you for the update ,soooo I'll just keep waiting and watching and waiting and watching ........

bobvan ( ) posted Wed, 11 July 2012 at 9:05 AM

Is it going to be Reality/ LUX compatible?

papillon68 ( ) posted Wed, 11 July 2012 at 9:09 AM

Yes, since it is capable of exporting hair as .obj files, you can export to Reality/LUX directly from Studio, as you usually do also with other models.

My Rendo Store

bobvan ( ) posted Wed, 11 July 2012 at 9:30 AM

Quote - Yes, since it is capable of exporting hair as .obj files, you can export to Reality/LUX directly from Studio, as you usually do also with other models.

Cool!

durf ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2012 at 6:29 AM

who hoew time enough to include dynamics not?

flashback37 ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 4:17 PM

Anything happening here? I'm still hoping to get a Fuzzy someday.

papillon68 ( ) posted Tue, 07 August 2012 at 10:40 AM

Hi, sorry for the lack of updates. I wanted to reassure everybody that I'm working on it each and every day. I entered in a world of pain after I decided to redesign how all the data is organized and managed by the application. It was a painful but necessary step as it will allow for greater flexibility and speed.

I'm quite close to release the 2nd beta to testers.

My Rendo Store

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.