Sat, Aug 3, 11:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 3:40 pm)

Subject: Look at my Hair plug-in: introducing my new toy

DisparateDreamer ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 12:07 AM

SOooooo with that said.... any astonishing surprises today??? :D :D :D

RAMWorks ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 12:14 AM

surprises, no but there are more things set up in the forums from what I can see.  That's about it.  Oh and i got a newsletter from DAZ and the SuperSuit for Genesis is in a tease picture there! 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

jamminwolf ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 12:55 AM

Quote - Rushing things has never been in my "policies"

I'll say "Amen" to that! :)

dyret ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 12:59 AM

Hair today, gone tomorrow

coldrake ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 2:05 AM

durf wrote;

Quote - I hope this hair is dynamic ??? (need to be very dynamic to defeat poser)

Even without dynamics this is already miles beyond the Poser hair room.

Coldrake

mattymanx ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 3:19 AM

I really dont think we need this to be dynamic.

It would greatly increase the time required to work on it and the price along with it.  After all, Alex is only one person and thus can only do so much at a time with what kimited resources he has.  And I honestly and highly doubt anyone would really make use of the dynamics.  I can only imagine how resource intensive it would be too.

Once again Alex, please keep up the good work.  We will be patienty waiting for this wonderful plugin.

DisparateDreamer ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 2:33 PM

Noooo surprise yet???? O.o

passes out apricot jelly cupcakes  Sounds kinda weird, but they're GOOD!!  Kinda like a jelly doughnut, but less sweet and more filling.  

I'd pass out the treat sooner...but i burnt my hand last week while cooking dinner (eek touched the frying pan by accident) and didn't have the heart to bake after that... hurt too much!  Well enough to bake again today tho! ANd made meatballs too :)

jamminwolf ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 9:02 PM

Ouch, really sorry to hear about your hand, beloveddalia, I know how it feels.   Thanks for the treat, hon! nums on apricot jelly cupcakes and I don't even like apricot hehe :)  Sorry I didn't respond when you said who you were, was gonna but got busy with something else and forgot hehe :D  It's great to see you again! :)

RAMWorks ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 9:14 PM

Hope you hand heals up fast...

PS, new forums at DAZ are now open for business! 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

DisparateDreamer ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2012 at 8:07 AM

Don't worry the burn is already much less painful tho the skin is thin there and can split easily so i just have to be careful while the new skin grows.

Alessandro will you post updates here or at the new Daz forums? I keep checking to see if you post there or here. 

So excited as usual :)

papillon68 ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2012 at 5:13 PM · edited Thu, 24 May 2012 at 5:13 PM

Hi belovedalia, hope your hand is ok. Be careful when you cook! LOL

So let's start to show some juice. No renders this time, next posts and videos will show new features being added.

Here is the first, as from the blog:

New feature: the Scene Explorer
I worked very hard during last two weeks and so now it’s time to start showing some of the new features.
The first one is the Scene Explorer, which allows to easily add a figure or a prop available in the Studio scene directly to the Look at my Hair framework.
With figures, it’s even possible to choose specific nodes to load.**

**As usual, here is a brief movie to demonstrate the new feature:

http://youtu.be/3gkP9MwiXD0

visit my blog:  www.alessandromastronardi.com

My Rendo Store

papillon68 ( ) posted Fri, 25 May 2012 at 3:56 AM · edited Fri, 25 May 2012 at 3:57 AM

Let’s continue showing new feature being added. It’s now time for the “deformers and selection controls”.

As from the blog:

In this movie I’m giving a quick overview of the available deformers and how those can be combined to quickly shape hair. I’m also showing how to use selection controls to mask some areas so that deformers and styling will only apply to those.
Notice how some of the deformers can be applied to one or more axis simultaneously (see that small xyz mini widget along the deformer slider), and how you can combine deformers to produce different results.

As a side note, as explained earlier in this blog, preview hair may have some sharp corners but those will be “smoothed” during the render, producing nice spline curves.Please watch the movie HD and full screen to appreciate all the details.
Here is the movie: http://youtu.be/HwK4PmdvIuU

My Rendo Store

papillon68 ( ) posted Fri, 25 May 2012 at 10:28 AM

Yet another update, showing how density maps work.

As from the blog:

““Quick and dirty” example showing how you can assign a density map to a surface, and how that will affect hair population.
As explained in the movie, hair density will be calculated gathering grey scale values, where white pixels is full density, black pixels account for no hair, and grey values will be used to calculate interpolated densities.”***

Link to YT movie: http://youtu.be/K5TxOupsdFg

My Rendo Store

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 25 May 2012 at 10:41 AM

More cool bits ... Thanks Alex!  :-)

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

papillon68 ( ) posted Fri, 25 May 2012 at 10:43 AM

You are welcome, Richard!

My Rendo Store

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 25 May 2012 at 11:02 AM

Attached Link: Commercial Products forum

PS.... links at the new forums at DAZ do work and since your doing that here might be worth setting up a thread in the Commercial Forum so you can build more excitment! :-)

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

papillon68 ( ) posted Fri, 25 May 2012 at 11:17 AM

Good idea, thanks for the suggestion!

My Rendo Store

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 25 May 2012 at 11:24 AM

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

DisparateDreamer ( ) posted Fri, 25 May 2012 at 1:02 PM

Oh my.... I thought Alessandro knew about that already cuz I've been checking to see if there's a new thread there every day! HAH so glad you mentioned it RamWolff! :)

Thanks for the new videos, I love seeing how much functionality is in LAMH! Fabulous!

papillon68 ( ) posted Fri, 25 May 2012 at 4:50 PM

Will certainly open a thread also there, but you know what? I'm going to wait until the forum are fixed, because right now are barely usable and, if I may say it... ugly

My Rendo Store

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 25 May 2012 at 7:42 PM

Tell me about it..  Thank GOD for "Color This Site" addon for Firefox!   Made it much better on my eyes!  

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

jamminwolf ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 12:13 AM · edited Sun, 27 May 2012 at 12:16 AM

MY GOODNESS, Alex!!  I WANT :)  All those videos were so cool, my favorite is the grey/black/white maps for density.

Quote - By Ramwolff: PS.... links at the new forums at DAZ do work and since your doing that here might be worth setting up a thread in the Commercial Forum so you can build more excitment! :-)

Yea, good, post at Daz for the people there, BUT DON'T FORGET about people who are banned there, Daz3D loves banning people (and there are a lot of us) so we hang it here (I like it here anyways)... ;)  so don't forget about us, buddy :) ...wolfie

Carri58 ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 10:34 AM

Well I'm not banned ,I just can't post in the DAZ forums at this time soo I like knowing what's going on with AA's LAMH stuff too :biggrin:

papillon68 ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 10:40 AM

Well, DAZ forums right now are so ugly that really can't be used, in my opinion. I'm really surprised the released the forums in this status.

Anyway, I will certainly keep posting also here at Renderosity as well, so that the same content will be available as well.

My Rendo Store

papillon68 ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 10:40 AM

BTW, hang on because there is a new render i did today coming in few minutes...

My Rendo Store

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 10:41 AM

Trust me, if they don't get it together I might adopt these forums.  Your not forgotten Wolfie, just missed by allot of folks.  The forums work over there but they are such a mess.  Instant Email Notificatons, if there is more than one page, will take you to the top of that thread rather than to the page and post (like the old forums), no color schemes so you have to rely on "Color This Site" or some other similar plugin for your browser to change it up and currrenly there isn't anything for IE so they are left with an overly bright white and gray interface... it's just not exciting... they should have chosen a gaming theme for the site since it is a 3D sort of site.  No avatars either... bummer!  Few other things but those 3 things are very irksome! 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 10:45 AM

Hurray!! :thumbupboth:

papillon68 ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 10:58 AM · edited Sun, 27 May 2012 at 11:12 AM

Attached Link: Artic Fox: furred!

file_481737.jpg

As from the blog:

”Arctic fox: furred!

I cheated on this because I used a red fox model (arctic foxes look a little bit different, more compact and less skinny, slightly different head shape.
The process of creating fur was straightforward and, believe it or not, I didn’t need to comb hair at all.
The whole fur has been accomplished using the taper, spherize and length deformers, and the randomize roots and randomize length on full hair.
Used the scale tool a little bit just to balance some fur spots, and rendered in 22 minutes using the advanced shader provided with LAMH.
Added a subtle HDR toning to enhance contrast a bit.
Hope you like it…”

CLICK TO SEE THE FULL SIZE IMAGE

Here is the blog post: take a look at the difference between furred and not furred:

http://look-at-my-hair.blogspot.it/2012/05/arctic-fox-furred.html**

My Rendo Store

jamminwolf ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 11:31 AM · edited Sun, 27 May 2012 at 11:32 AM

Thanks a lot, Alex! :)  Your fox looks EXCELLENT!  My goodness when we can render that in DS, talk about hog heaven!  I can bet all or most hair vendors will drop their static hair creation and adopt to the LAMH creation, and sales will really rock (well, for those who don't want to or don't have time to create their own hairs)!

Just curious, how do you color the hairs?  And can you do something like a random color (where there are two or more colors mixed in the hair) and something like a "fade color to color" (like a dark haird chick dyed her hair blond, then it's growing out)?  Or am I going too far in the future? lol :D

Brother Wolff, yes, I do know what you mean by Daz3D's new forum.  To them and some the forum looks "modernized" with that color theme and the way it's set up, and most don't have a problem looking at all that white, but yes, they do need to do something for those who can't handle such bright colors.  As for all the playing around with colors option... eh honestly I don't care for it, but if they can give the option to change the colors where it's not so bright, they might as well go the extra tiny step to add more color choices.  What you said about the email notification, yes, that's terrible, but they'll probably fix that as well.

The thing is, they're very strict to where you can't express your opinion without the chances of getting banned, and they're ban happies, so we over here would like to chime in and encourage our favorite vendors as well, and join in on all the fun :)  I'd sure like to see more traffic in the Daz Studio forums here!

Rendo's forums are terrible for FireFox users though, seems they skipped FireFox compatibility (the copy/paste don't work unless you use your keys... CTRL-C for copy, CTRL-V for paste), but I can deal with it, forums aren't gonna be perfect for everyone.

Alex, thanks again buddy!  I'm certainly continueing my watch here :)

...wolfie

papillon68 ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 11:38 AM

Hi wolfie,

glad you liked the fox!

Well, the shaders provided with LAMH allow to define a root color/texture, a tip color/texture, a specular color/texture. So this allows, for example, to perform a "fade color to color" operation as you wrote.

Also, since the shaders allow to plug a texture as well, you can virtually define roots, tips and specular colors so that they follow texture mapping: possibilities are really huge, especially with animal fur or hair with lot of color variations.

My Rendo Store

jamminwolf ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 12:04 PM

Now that is awesome!!! :)

Is it ready for release yet?

Hum...? hum...?

hehe :D

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 12:17 PM

The fox looks AWESOME... do a wolf next, do a wolf.  You have to Wolf's right here that wanna see!  lol 

@ Wolfie... I'm sure DAZ will get around to the forums eventually but right now they are busy with the store bugs..... I think they jumped the gun on this as impatient as i was for it to finally happen, it's pretty yukky on allot of fronts... it is what it is for now I guess. 

I'm a Firefox user as well.  I'm used to having that blasted pop up yelling at me that I can't copy and paste! lol 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

jamminwolf ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 12:25 PM · edited Sun, 27 May 2012 at 12:26 PM

Quote - The fox looks AWESOME... do a wolf next, do a wolf.  You have two Wolf's right here that wanna see!  lol 

(bold is my correction) oooooooooohhhhhhh yes, a wolf!!  lol :D

Quote - I'm a Firefox user as well.  I'm used to having that blasted pop up yelling at me that I can't copy and paste! lol 

lol, I was one pissed puppy... err... wolfie (lol) when that started happening lol, it's quite annoying, but because of that, I remember the short cut keys very well.  I'm just thankful the html thingy still works for us here, so they didn't neglect us all the way thankfully!

Carri58 ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 12:32 PM

AA that fox is beautiful I am so looking forward to useing LAMH on the critters!!:woot:

Carri58 ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2012 at 7:54 PM

AA where are you??:ohmy: so what happening???😕Where'd everybody go??? Umm .......:unsure:

Waiting :bored:..........waiting .......:bored:.I never realized how often I checked the forums until now .......😊

Is LAMH soup yet???:huh:

jamminwolf ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2012 at 8:34 PM

lol... :)

RAMWorks ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2012 at 8:46 PM

BREATH!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

jamminwolf ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2012 at 8:47 PM

MUAHAHAHAHA!

RAMWorks ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2012 at 8:59 PM

Oh BEE HAIVE! lol

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

jamminwolf ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2012 at 9:23 PM

Moi? :D  You gotta know me by now, brother :) lol

RAMWorks ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2012 at 11:49 PM

Not you silly!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2012 at 11:55 PM

OOOOoooooooo Look  Wolfies!!! :thumbupboth:Hi Guys!!! There is other life out here still😉 ,this being stuck as a lurker is starting to suck .........:crying:

jamminwolf ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 12:47 AM

Quote - OOOOoooooooo Look  Wolfies!!! :thumbupboth:Hi Guys!!! There is other life out here still😉 ,this being stuck as a lurker is starting to suck .........:crying:

LOL!  Yep, indeed there is life after death... err... I mean, life after lurk :D hehe  I can just hear the "internet" angels singing, "he's alive and all is well!" lol :D

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 1:18 AM

Uh oh... I've been discovered!  :woot:

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 9:45 AM

Now the question is where the heck is AA and what's happening with LAMH, that's my big question,has it gone to the testers?? Is it close to be ready?? Will he give out another teaser??

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 10:48 AM

Well when someone that talented is quiet he's probably slaving away fixing stuff the testers have found or adding in more cool stuff. 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

papillon68 ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 10:54 AM

Quote - Now the question is where the heck is AA and what's happening with LAMH, that's my big question,has it gone to the testers?? Is it close to be ready?? Will he give out another teaser??

All well here guys! I'm finishing last corrections and I'll be ready to enter beta-test in a couple of weeks. So we're getting close and, as testers will start their work, expect more teasers here...

My Rendo Store

papillon68 ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 11:06 AM

Quote - Well when someone that talented is quiet he's probably slaving away fixing stuff the testers have found or adding in more cool stuff. 

Since when are you telephatic? LOL

My Rendo Store

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 11:24 AM

Oh didn't you know Alex??  lol

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 2:27 PM

Aaaaah! Good to hear ,sorry I didn't mean to inturupt ......but glad to hear you are still hard at work.

Ya ,ya gotta watch out when the wolfman is around!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.