Sat, Aug 3, 8:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 3:40 pm)

Subject: Look at my Hair plug-in: introducing my new toy

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 2:38 PM

GRRRRRRRRR arf arf arf! wags tail :tongue1:

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 2:44 PM

Hehehehehehhehehe

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 2:51 PM · edited Fri, 01 June 2012 at 2:52 PM

😄  :tongue1: 😄

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

papillon68 ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 6:33 PM · edited Fri, 01 June 2012 at 6:35 PM

Hello guys, as from the blog:

"Mammoth: furred!
Finally also the Mammoth get some fur! I recorded the whole process and will also make a Youtube movie to show how easily did that in Look at my Hair.
For now, just take a look at the renders and enjoy!"

Post with higher resolution renders here: http://look-at-my-hair.blogspot.it/2012/06/mammoth-furred.html

Mammoth: furred!

visit my blog:  www.alessandromastronardi.com

My Rendo Store

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 6:39 PM

STUNNING!  Are you going to offering these presets as part of the main pack or as an addon package?  That would be cool!  :-)

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

papillon68 ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 6:41 PM

I'll certainly include some presets for most common figures.

My Rendo Store

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 7:11 PM

AWESOME!! 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 8:12 PM

OMG!! Wolly Mamouth!! Love it!!

Bea ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2012 at 10:40 PM

These are stunning. Are you still posting at DAZ? I did look for a post from you over there to see how things were moving along.

papillon68 ( ) posted Sun, 03 June 2012 at 3:53 AM

I'm posting both here and at DAZ, at the LAMH official thread: www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/13045/

My Rendo Store

papillon68 ( ) posted Sun, 03 June 2012 at 7:12 AM · edited Sun, 03 June 2012 at 7:13 AM

There you go with a couple of fluffy caimans…

First one with fur colors transferred from underlying body texture, second one with a punk fur, violet blending to orange/yellow!

My Rendo Store

Carri58 ( ) posted Sun, 03 June 2012 at 10:48 AM · edited Sun, 03 June 2012 at 10:49 AM

hmmmm I not seeing fluffy anything ......looks like the pics didn't load .......ooops my bad now they are there ........cute!!

papillon68 ( ) posted Sun, 03 June 2012 at 4:00 PM

As from the blog:

“More work on the Mammuth
I had to make new movies for the “Making the Mammuth” tutorial movies, and so I decided to do some renders.
Here is a new render done in Studio 4.5 and a “ice age” composition.
I think tomorrow I’ll be able to upload the movies, in my opinion are really worth a look.”

My Rendo Store

Guardian_Angel_671 ( ) posted Sun, 03 June 2012 at 10:04 PM
Forum Coordinator

oh wow i can't wait to try this either. will it be easy for easily confused peeps lol.(i get stuff confused easy).

Guardian_Angel_671
Daz Studio Coordinator
May the hands of fate be kind to you and yours. :)
guardian_angel_671@renderosity.com

papillon68 ( ) posted Mon, 04 June 2012 at 4:41 AM

I think it's pretty easy to use, yes. It just takes to get a little familiar with comb, scale and scissors tools to shape the hair. And deformers, which allow to easily do large scale modifications.

My Rendo Store

papillon68 ( ) posted Mon, 04 June 2012 at 5:27 PM · edited Mon, 04 June 2012 at 5:27 PM

If you guys are interested, here is the first movie about the "Making of the Mammoth"!

Link to Youtube movie (remember to watch it HD): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ1Qlh4E184

My Rendo Store

jamminwolf ( ) posted Wed, 06 June 2012 at 12:17 AM

LMAO never seen an hairy crocodile, too funny!  This will bring some wild imaginations for people to play with hehe :)

Will watch your video after this render, I know it will be interesting, always liked your videos :)

RAMWorks ( ) posted Wed, 06 June 2012 at 2:32 AM

Taps mic tap tap tap Is this thing on??  We would most assuredly love to see a wolf or no lollipop for you!  I'm head of the Lollipop Guild and we will have a wolf or we will sic the Munchkins on you and tickler torture you!    :woot:

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Guardian_Angel_671 ( ) posted Wed, 06 June 2012 at 12:03 PM
Forum Coordinator

yep was thinking this would be awesome for a wolfman render:)

Guardian_Angel_671
Daz Studio Coordinator

Bea ( ) posted Wed, 06 June 2012 at 9:53 PM

I just think it is awesome :) :)

papillon68 ( ) posted Fri, 08 June 2012 at 10:55 AM · edited Fri, 08 June 2012 at 10:55 AM

As from the blog:

"Grizzly cub: furred!
Look at my Hair beta 1.0 is ready and will be dispatched to beta testers next week.
So I have some spare time to play with it and today I decided to do a test render on a Poser/DAZ figure I started some time ago: the Grizzly Cub.
Here are two renders and two screenshots showing Look at my Hair in action.
Hope you like it!"

As usual check out on my blog: http://look-at-my-hair.blogspot.it/ to see images full size.

My Rendo Store

Carri58 ( ) posted Fri, 08 June 2012 at 11:27 AM

OMG!!! I seem to keep saying this is so great AA,saveing my pennies ,can't wait for this to hit the store!!

Guardian_Angel_671 ( ) posted Fri, 08 June 2012 at 12:07 PM
Forum Coordinator

i soooo want this.I'd a signed up ta test but lost your blog link to follow it.

Guardian_Angel_671
Daz Studio Coordinator

Bea ( ) posted Fri, 08 June 2012 at 7:32 PM

I just keep wondering when this is going to be ready it is looking so good.

Guardian_Angel_671 ( ) posted Fri, 08 June 2012 at 11:05 PM
Forum Coordinator

i know lol.i'm dying for "realistic" critters lol

Guardian_Angel_671
Daz Studio Coordinator

papillon68 ( ) posted Sat, 09 June 2012 at 7:36 AM

Quote - I just keep wondering when this is going to be ready it is looking so good.

I think we are ready to enter beta-testing next week.

My Rendo Store

Bea ( ) posted Sat, 09 June 2012 at 10:09 AM

You know we are all aching to volunteer :) :)

papillon68 ( ) posted Sat, 09 June 2012 at 11:52 AM

Quote - You know we are all aching to volunteer :) :)

Yep, and I received more than 300 applications for the beta test team. Unfortunately I will be able to allow only a small number.

My Rendo Store

Carri58 ( ) posted Sat, 09 June 2012 at 6:48 PM

Hehehe yep I think if you had 300 testers you might find a drop in sales..... but I'll keep waiting for HAIR ,down to there HAIR, fabuluos HAIR ......hmmm I think I better find the words to that song...........

Guardian_Angel_671 ( ) posted Sat, 09 June 2012 at 9:28 PM
Forum Coordinator

my werewolf is just dying for a nice wolfy look:)

Guardian_Angel_671
Daz Studio Coordinator

Carri58 ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2012 at 6:21 PM

Well I'm still here,waiting for word from the great unknown .........how's testing going AA?

jamminwolf ( ) posted Fri, 15 June 2012 at 1:21 AM

Am lurking from the dark corner of my work area (have my own product project going as well), sneaking here, just waiting... this is just gonna be so exciting!!

Love the wolf and bear renders, absolutely stunning!!  Now I can actually use my wolf that I bought a few years back at Daz3D :)

Hmm... armpit hair for the women anyone? LOL kidding :)

...wolfie

papillon68 ( ) posted Fri, 15 June 2012 at 3:33 AM

Not much to report, if not that I’ve completed the beta build for Windows (that was a tough work, Windows totally suxxx IMO).
I expect to deliver the beta build during the weekend, and so hopefully testers will produce images, renders and some teasers…

My Rendo Store

Carri58 ( ) posted Fri, 15 June 2012 at 12:23 PM

Well since I don't know anything except Windows:blink:(Vista) it's what I learned on ,I'll take your word that it suxxx:unsure: .......But I will say thank you :wub:for makeing sure it works in Windows !!! Suxy or not,looking forward to some more teasers .:thumbupboth:

papillon68 ( ) posted Fri, 15 June 2012 at 4:39 PM

Yep, sorry for my comment: actually it was more of a rant, and obviously my personal opinion. I was just angry that Windows porting, as usual, it's always a PITA.

But now everything runs smooth...

My Rendo Store

Carri58 ( ) posted Fri, 15 June 2012 at 5:39 PM

Oh !! Don't apologize!! Everyone has the right to their own opinions about stuff,and while it's all I know ,I have called it Lots of "Unladylike names" cause it pissed me off ........course then there are the times I have to go back and face the fact it was the user (me)at fault.....is it weird to aplogize to your computer???

Glad to hear everything is running smooth!! Have a good weekend!!

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 15 June 2012 at 8:03 PM

WINDOWS ROCKS...

most of the time!  :tt2:

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 ( ) posted Fri, 15 June 2012 at 10:19 PM

RAMWolf  you soooo silly!!!:lol:

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 15 June 2012 at 11:15 PM

You should see me in person..... no on second thought that might be a bad idea!  :tt2:

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 ( ) posted Sat, 16 June 2012 at 4:54 PM

Ha!! I've already seen a picture of you ..........and it looks GOOD:thumbupboth: wolfie!! Personality wise I think it would be fun!!:laugh: Silly is good!!:woot:

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2012 at 12:20 AM

Ah shuks.  Thanks!  :blushing:

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2012 at 5:45 PM

Wow!! Wolfie blushes!!

Sooooo where are our teasers??? Ummm I just got a flash of old lady hair teased out and boufanty......

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2012 at 6:43 PM

Little story while we wait... most know I'm gay... so here goes... UPS man came in the other day.  I've had a mad crush on this guy for years and years but always played it cool.  He's friendly, Latin, GORGEOUS and best of all.. really nice and friendly.  Like someone you would want to go have drinks with and get to know... So I was getting my U-Verse from AT&T in place.  Had sent off for a new router from Cisco but of course that's not going to work with AT&T's proprietary U-Verse signal so needed to have that package refused and make sure my work mates accepted the AT&T package.  SO in comes the UPS man.... The Cisco package had been delivered the day before but Cisco didn't send it with any identifiable name of the package so one of the gals I work with accepted it.  SO I had it taped  up and ready when he came in.  I excused myself from my client and went up to the front desk (I'm a hair dresser by trade) to greet the UPS man (of my dreams :lol: ) and ask if he could take the unwanted Cisco package back.  He said "Of course, no worries" "Now all I need is my AT&T package.  He said "and here it is" handing it to me, I signed and as I signed I said "if you were girl I'd kiss you, I really needed to be delivered today" This gal I work with chirped up "Oh Richard youd LOVE to kiss him any way" I about fell down.  Needless to say he and I were the color of beets and laughing about it but OMG.. I so wanted to kill Suzanne for that!  lol Cats out of the bag, he knows I have a crush on him now thanks to her continued little pokes at me.... she's so evil but in a good way.  I sure hope he doesn't avoid me next time!  I'd be very sad! 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2012 at 9:21 PM

Yep, I'd probably do exactly what your friend Suzanne did,just for the tickle,besides ya never know he might be interested too,and if not well it's still fun to admire,but personal opinion would be if he avoids ya ,then he deserves a kick in the butt.So here's a question .....I know UPS guys are in and out fast(delivering) have ya offered him a haircut??given him a card??

Oh yeah it's ok to ignore or not answer  just me being curious(nosey)

Have ya noticed they don't have an innocent face smilie??

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2012 at 9:27 PM

No, he's got a really good hair dresser.  In fact when he was in I also complimented him on his cut, looks really nice on him.  It's OK.. I doubt after all these years he would let something like that bother him.  IIRC he's got a girlfriend or married.  He's still one sexy, nice guy to deal with though.  :blushing:

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2012 at 9:43 PM

I sure hope they get the forums over at DAZ fixed up soon:bored:,it's frustrateing being only able to lurk over there and hard as heck to keep up with the threads I was interested in .......

But I do thank you RAMWolf for keeping me company😄 ,I hope AA is busy working on LAMH,cause I am so looking forward to makeing hairy critters ......:woot:

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2012 at 10:05 PM

Me too hon!  XO

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2012 at 9:43 AM

Well the biggest plus being I have spent most of my time reorganizeing my content folders to my satisfaction,which is pretty cool, and editing some files that I've been putting off. Haven't done much art but when I get this stuff done I'll be able to just play.

But it's funny how much you can look forward to seeing what's going on with the people in the forums,how you sorta get to know the personalities , virtual friends ,it's becomeing a smaller world with the internet ...........

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2012 at 10:26 AM

Oh, with all this going on with DAZ got me motivated as well.  Got my 9 full body morphs for Bruno for Genesis pretty much wrapped up.  Organized my Content folders as well.  Of course now the Smart Content folder won't work very well since I've moved so much stuff around, really kinda stupid but that's the way it goes so I just use the Content Manager in DAZ Studio instead.  I like Smart Content but the way they have the Meta Data written, you move it around, you have to recreate the Meta Data.  Sorry, don't want to do that, too much work.  YUK! 

Right now I have the DAZ team looking at one of my morphs ... its seems that the Arms Up/Down dial when posing Bruno Chunky 01 causes some really bad deformations in the shoulders.  But that only happens when I release the cursor from the Arms Up/Down dial.  Apparently there are corrective "Bulge" maps that kick in and it's not very pretty in my opinion.  So waiting on some answers and maybe a solution.  I'm very proud of my morphs.

If you have a Facebook page and can tolerate my political rantings you can friend me there and I have uploaded all 12 images for the shapes I've made in ZBrush to that gallery there.  (I made 3 muscle shapes WITHOUT the Bruno face so folks could play with those too). You can find me under "Richard A. McCormick"

Yea, getting allot done with DAZ being so weird since the change over!  lol

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Carri58 ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2012 at 1:18 PM

I wasn't happy with the Smart content ,probably cause I'm stubborn and already had things the way I liked'em and could find'em,so I don't use the Smart content,Ijust organize so I know where things are.

Yep I did see your thread on Bruno,I use the texture of your original Bruno on M4 ,I used texture converter on it ......that is definitely a big plus on Genesis ,takeing the different UV's.

So far I've managed to dodge the Facebook club ,but I'll keep that in mind.

So we don't take AA thread totally off track,Where is LAMH???!! my brain keeps thinking of other things we could make hairy that we haven't been able to ,pits,p---s,nostrils .........,

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.