Wed, Sep 18, 8:00 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: An easy way to get an ERC into Conforming Clothing?

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2012 at 9:08 AM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 12:18 AM

I have a V4WM character that uses the Leg Length Morphform to shorten the legs.  This uses Single Axis Scaling to adjust the length, so it causes distortion when the shin is bent.  Using the PP2012 dependency editor I created an ERC that adjusts the Z Translation of the shin over the bend range to keep it pretty, and it works well.  Is there an easy way to get this ERC into conforming clothing, or will she be doomed to wear baggy pants and skirts? 

Thanx in advance

PS, I do have match scales on conforming checked for the item (V4 bodysuit) I'm testing with...

PPS; I did try futzing with the joint centers, but it caused other distortions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

lesbentley ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2012 at 12:14 PM · edited Fri, 20 April 2012 at 12:15 PM

Are you just asking how to edit the ERC into the conformer cr2 in a text editor, or a Poser file editor, or do you need to be able to inject it from a pose file when the conformer is loaded in a Poser scene?

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2012 at 12:43 PM

Hi Les,

Thanx for replying.  😄 To be able to inject them, if possible; I'm trying to avoid having to create more multiple copies of clothing, as I already have to have weightmapped copies of them...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

lesbentley ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2012 at 3:10 PM

I have something that seems to work. I will explain it in my next post. Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I have never tried 'Super Conforming' via a pose injection before, and I wanted to make sure that it would work as hoped. On the way I had some problems with Poser and the cats as well.

This seems to be working well in P8 and PP2012. I don't know if it will work correctly in earlier versions when there is more than one character in the scene, and the conformer is not conformed to the first character. I suspect it may not work in that situation, but as I don't have P6 installed at the moment, so I can't test.

lesbentley ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2012 at 4:18 PM

Here you go. It's much simpler than I expected.

Fire up your text editor, or a Poser file editor. Construct a template pz2 file containing the actors and channels that you want to affect. In this case, if I understand correctly the actors are the shins, and the channel is ytran. So you would have this:

{

version
    {
    number 8
    }

actor lShin:1
    {
    channels
        {
        translateY ytran
            {
            #

}
        }
    }
actor rShin:1
    {
    channels
        {
        translateY ytran
            {
            #

}
        }
    }
}

The "#" is just a place holder for where you will paste the slaving code. Open the cr2 that contains the slaving code. Find the lShin actor, and within it find the channel that holds the slaving code (ytran). Copy the slaving code and Paste it into the template below the line with the "#". Remove any figure numbers from the slaving code, eg the "1" in "Figure 1" and the ":1" in "lShin:1".

Do the same procedure for the rShin. You should now have something similar to this:

{

version
    {
    number 8
    }

{
    channels
        {
        translateY ytran
            {
            #
            valueOpDeltaAdd
                Figure
                lShin
                xrot
            deltaAddDelta 0.001000
            }
        }
    }
    {
    channels
        {
        translateY ytran
            {
            #
            valueOpDeltaAdd
                Figure
                rShin
                xrot
            deltaAddDelta 0.001000
            }
        }
    }
}

Here I have used classic (DeltaAdd) ERC, but ii should work the same with keyed dependent parameters. Save to the pose library with the desired name and a pz2 file extension. Test it to see if it works. Like I said, I'm not sure how this would play in versions below P8.

lesbentley ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2012 at 4:49 PM

file_480654.png

Personally, rather than doing the whole thing in a text editor, I would use a text editor to construct the template. Then use CR2Builder, or CR2 Editor, to copy the slaving code from the cr2 to the pz2 template. In the image above I'm using CR2Builder. Select the slaving code, then Drag & Drop it on to the #.

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2012 at 8:07 PM

Hi Les,

Thanx much for the tutorial.  Actually the channel is ztran, so I altered it accordingly.  Some of the  CR2 entries didn't look like yours; there was no ValueOpDeltaAdd in the CR2, but you noted that might not be the case.  I tried pasting in what was there in CR2Builder and it didn't seem to work; here is what I ended up with-I likely did something silly......

{

version
    {
    number 8
    }

{
    channels
        {
        translateZ ztran
            {
            #
            valueOpKey
            Figure
            lShin
            xrot
            beginValueKeys
            valueKey 0 0
            valueKey 60 -0.00193798
            valueKey 90 0
            valueKey 120 0.00193798
            endValueKeys
            valueOpDeltaAdd
            Figure
            lShin
            xrot
            deltaAddDelta 0.001000
            }
        }
    }
    {
    channels
        {
        translateZ ztran
            {
            #
            valueOpKey
            Figure
            rShin
            xrot
            beginValueKeys
            valueKey 0 0
            valueKey 60 -0.00193798
            valueKey 90 0
            valueKey 120 0.00193798
            endValueKeys
            valueOpDeltaAdd
            Figure
            rShin
            xrot
            deltaAddDelta 0.001000
            }
        }
    }
}

lesbentley ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2012 at 11:23 PM · edited Fri, 20 April 2012 at 11:35 PM

file_480664.TXT

Let me admit that I know next to nothing about this valueOpKey stuff. Until a few weeks ago I was using P6, which does not support valueOpKey. Since then I've been busy and have not had time to investigate. So when I said "it should work the same with keyed dependent parameters", there was a large element of guess work there.

The only thing I can see in your code that might cause a problem, is that you seem to be using both my valueOpDeltaAdd slaving code, plus the valueOpKey stuff from your cr2. You should use one or the other, but not both. It's possible that the two lots of slaving are conflicting.

Attached above is my modified version of the pose, using your slaving code, but without mine. I tested it using the P4 Nude Woman and the P4 Unitard. It seems to work correctly to inject the slaving, but there is a bug if the pose is applied after conforming.

In my previous post, I forgot to give instructions for applying the pose. The character figure that you are going to conform to should be loaded in the scene and any part of the figure should be selected to make it the active figure if there is more than one figure in the scene. Next load the conformer. Then before conforming apply the pose. Apply it as an "original pose" (single tick),  not as a "universal pose". Then conform.

You can apply the pose after conforming, but it may cause unwanted rotation to happen in the conformer. This is easily fixed by Restoring the conformer (Ctrl+Shift+F), but it may be somewhat embarrassing if the pose is meant for distribution. Applying the pose more than once to the same conformer will amplify the effect of the slaving by adding another block of slaving code.

Try the attached file, and let me know if it works for you. You will need to loose the ".TXT" part of the file extension. Good luck!
😄

lesbentley ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2012 at 12:06 AM

file_480666.jpg

😄

WandW ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2012 at 6:45 AM

Hi Les,

I'm not quite sure how to deal with the original/universal pose, as there aren't any obvious options;I think the library check marks were last seen on Poser 7, and I'm using PP2012. 

I gave it a whirl, and while the dependency is there, rshin1::ztran, when I look in the dependency editor, but it doesn't seem to actually change the ztran value either conformed or unconformed. I'll try another piece of clothing (I was using the DAZ bodysuit, which perhaps isn't the best example), but I have some work to do this morning.

PS I don't know if it matters, but the figure numbers in the saved V4 cr2 I'm using are 2-would that make a difference?

Thanx, Les.... 😄

lesbentley ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2012 at 10:26 AM · edited Sat, 21 April 2012 at 10:29 AM

file_480668.jpg

> Quote - I think the library check marks were last seen on Poser 7

I don't know for sure that applying it as a universal pose will cause a problem, but it seems safest to avoid it, as I've seen funny things happen with universal poses when ERC is involved.

My version of PP2012 (SR2), on a PC, shows the check marks (we call them "ticks" in English :tt2:). You need to select one of the poses by single clicking on its thumb or name, before you will see the check marks. If the pallet is floating, then the bottom where the check marks are, may be off screen. As to what happens if you just double click the thumb, I'm not sure, it may depend on settings in your General Preferences.

Quote - I gave it a whirl, and while the dependency is there, rshin1::ztran, when I look in the dependency editor, but it doesn't seem to actually change the ztran value either conformed or unconformed.

If you have the P4 legacy content installed, try it with the P4 Nude Woman, and the Unitard. Firstly, that's simple stuff. Secondly, that worked for me, so if it works for you we will now that there is something in the other figures you used that is preventing it from working, and we can try to figure out what that is. Remember, you set the effect of the ERC to be strongest at 60 degrees rotation, and zero at 90 degrees, so so rotate to 60°. Setting the conformer's Figure Display style to Outline, and viewing through the Right or Left camera, may help you see small changes in ztran.

If you can't get it to work when applying the pose before conforming, try conforming it first, than apply the pose, then Restore the conformer if necessary.

lesbentley ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2012 at 10:45 AM

Quote - I don't know if it matters, but the figure numbers in the saved V4 cr2 I'm using are 2-would that make a difference?

I was able to use the pose successfully on three different conformers, conformed to three different characters within the same scene, so I don't think the figure number is an issue.

WandW ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2012 at 10:53 AM

Les,I'm a bonehead! :biggrin:

I made a typo copying the file and gave it a pz3 extension; no wonder the checks weren't showing up!  The ERC does now inject and work, and I now have different poke-through; The pokethrough at the knee seems unchanged, but it appears that the conformed bodysuit shin may have slightly less rotation.

I need to go pick up my Son, So I'll fool with it later

lesbentley ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2012 at 11:09 AM

Quote - I need to go pick up my Son

It's probably best if you use yTran in his hip actor to do that.  :rolleyes:

WandW ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2012 at 1:36 PM

file_480671.jpg

The car was faster. 😄

Here's a shot with the V4 shin made invisible-the step above the knee is what I'm trying to get rid of.  The correction works great on V4.

The bodysuit works well unconformed with the leg-lengh morphorm dialed in, but the correction actually makes it worse when conformed.    Once conformed, it seems to need to go in the opposite direction  However, I made an inverse of the pose and applied it to a second bodysuit, and it resulted in massive poke-through in the front bacause the effective rotation of the bodysuit shin was increased.... 

lesbentley ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2012 at 3:02 PM

I think the first thing I woud try is to see if I could fix it in the Joint Editor. If the conformer is not weight mapped:

Try playing with the exclusion and inclusion angles for the bend. If that does not work, perhaps scaling up the MatSpheres a little to take acount of the clothing being slightly bigger than the figure might help. Playing with the Bulges is another thing that might help.

As you are running PP2012, if it only needs to work in that and P9, you might try converting the rigging to a WM version. PhilC has a py script somewhere that will convert a standard rig to a WM, and you can tweak from there. Weight maps are much more flexible than standard rigging. Sure, they take a bit of getting used to, but I found that it's worth the effort to learn. At first you will probably feel like you are trying to fix a Swiss watch whilst wearing thick leather gardening gloves, and with the repair manual written in Manderin. I know I did. But eventually it starts to make some sense, and you start to get the feel for it.

WandW ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2012 at 8:25 PM

Actually it is the latest V4-WM and a weightmapped version of the DAZ Bodysuit via Poser Place's Outfitter.  I've tried fiddling with the joint centers and weight maps a  bit already with little success; I can fix the step in the thigh, but it doesn't look much like a knee any more.  :ohmy:  However, If I could pull it off it would actually be a good way to go, because I could do a Copy Joint Zones to the conformer without having to create a new clothing CR2...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.