Wed, Sep 18, 11:03 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 6:28 pm)

Subject: Mesh Problems

PoppaC ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 9:35 AM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 6:11 PM

file_485494.jpg

Hi Peeps, Need a little help!   I have a model that has a mesh problem and would like to fix it in DAZ3 & 4.  In looking at the wirl mesh  I see there is a part of the mesh missing and when a mat is applied it leaves a nice lil hole in the leg.  It can be fixed in a render post work like  photo shop but it never looks right. inclosed is a render of the problem done in DAZ3.  If it can be fixed in 3 i am sure that the same can be done in 4.

Thanks for all of your help

Poppa C

FrankT ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 1:47 PM
PoppaC ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 1:59 PM

sorry I do not understand.  This is just a normal loading nothing added. It is the chr. "Azha_L3" It is a free standing model it does not need Laura-3, it only uses the L3 morphs and clothing

FrankT ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 2:57 PM

that polygon may have it's normal reversed.  I don't know if Studio can sort that out or if it will need to be run through a modelling app

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

RHaseltine ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 3:15 PM

Where is this from? It does look like a mesh issue - something causing it to shade oddly.

PoppaC ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 3:30 PM

When looking at the wire mesh you can see only a light outline in that section.  The rest of the mesh is clear and sharp, it looks like a smugge just at that spot.

FrankT ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 3:47 PM

that is a reversed normal - the polygon normal is pointing in the wrong direction

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

PoppaC ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 5:56 PM

ok, all well and good we now know what happen at this part, so how can it be fixed??

FrankT ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 7:29 PM

in Poser, you can do it in the material room.  Don't know if Studio can something similar.  If not it'll have to be done in a modelling app

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Bejaymac ( ) posted Wed, 22 August 2012 at 7:22 AM

Looks like the old "Black Poly" problem, DS has always had a problem with it's internal triangulating of some polygon shapes, it does it badly enough so that the normals no longer work and turn the poly black when they are applied, 3 vertices in or almost in a row in a quad or ngon will cause this.

Looking at the picture and location & shape of that poly, I'd say that was PT-Vicki's leg (or her little sister) as she has that exact same problem in the same place, but Laura doesn't.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.