Sat, Sep 21, 12:49 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 10:07 pm)

Subject: Supersuit Help from Rand

Mec4D ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2013 at 9:29 AM

usign PC : To add more polygons to already slected area hold Ctrl and click on the faces you want to add , to remove the polygon faces from already selected area hold Alt and click on the faces you want to remove .

"Surrender to what it is - Let go of what was - Have faith in what will be "

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2013 at 10:43 AM

The modifiers can be changed in Window>Workspace>Customise, at the bottom of the dialogue.

RandallLloyd ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2013 at 12:20 PM

file_492608.png

> Quote - The modifiers can be changed in Window>Workspace>Customise, at the bottom of the dialogue.

Thanks Cath and RIchard...

say, I wonder if that change modifier key trick will workaround the Mac bug.

SUCCESS

First thing though, on mac its under EDIT>CUSTOMIZE (or just hit F3)

Second... the reason I assume its screwed up in the first place is that for the mac, the orbit viewport window uses Alt+left Mouse Button. You will need to change that to something else. For some reason it will not accept any key combination, only shift, alt, or command or a combination of those keys as a modifier for LMB. 

Under view controls, I changed the "Orbit" modifier to Cmd+Alt+LeftMB

www.randalllloyd.com/PGE1.png

Then under Polygon Group Editor" I changed it to "Alt"

www.randalllloyd.com/PGE2.png

Works like a charm.  Thanks Richard, I hadent even thought about looking ito switching the modifiers... we can always learn something new!

RandallLloyd ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2013 at 1:10 PM

Quote - > Quote - First thing though, on mac its under EDIT>CUSTOMIZE (or just hit F3)

This evidently changes based on what layout you have selected.  Under the default settings it is, indeed, where Richard said it was.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2013 at 3:17 PM

Customise was moved to the Window>Workspace menu after the initial release (or at least the initial beta) of DS4.0, and menus don't get updated automatically so if you have a custom layout and keep suing it you will get the old location. It's annoying, but it is a good idea to go back to one of the standard layouts and then reconfigure it from time-to-time. (Actually, I think the recent versions are a bit smarter about updating menus, but still it's something that can be a gotcha.)

RandallLloyd ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2013 at 6:49 PM

Attached Link: Workaround overlapping UVs in DAZ Studio: Fixing the Basic Bodysuit - UPDATED

I have updated and expanded the video about fixing the basic bodysuit.

This video Is an updated and expanded version of a previous video of the same topic. It shows one method of "fixing" overlapping UVs for the "flawed" Basic Bodysuit that comes as a part of the Genesis Supersuit Bundle. The technique shown uses the Polygon Group Editor Tool in DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro.

Alisa ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2013 at 7:33 PM

Thanks!!

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

RandallLloyd ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2013 at 4:45 PM

Attached Link: Supersuit User Guide Part 4: Full Suit Material Presets

In this video I will locate and demonstrate the Full-suit Material Presets on the DAZ 3D Supersuit for Genesis.

RandallLloyd ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2013 at 5:35 PM

Attached Link: Supersuit User Guide Part 5: Complete Presets

In this video I will locate and demonstrate the Complete Presets on the DAZ 3D Supersuit for Genesis.

Alisa ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2013 at 8:32 PM

Aaaaaaaand, thanks again :)

Cheers,
Alisa

RandallLloyd ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2013 at 9:25 PM

i think that you and Richard are the only ones who care Alisa LOL ;)

Alisa ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2013 at 12:41 AM

I sure hope not - everyone who's ever used that suit should care.  Your videos are great!

Cheers,
Alisa

RandallLloyd ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2013 at 1:09 AM

You are too kind.  Thanks so much for posting those links in the DAZ Forums. Makes a guy feel all special.

RandallLloyd ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2013 at 1:18 AM · edited Sat, 16 March 2013 at 1:19 AM

Just between you and me... This is all part of a run up to the release of my supersuit expansion products...

and I'm gonna need beta test NINJAS. WOOOOOOOO!!!

actually, might be a bit late for ninjas... Almost ready to submit

Alisa ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2013 at 1:26 AM

oooooooh exciting!! I know exactly where you can go to find some including yours truly ;)

Cheers,
Alisa

Arkathan ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2013 at 4:25 AM

More people care... some of us don't post very often.

Thanks for the videos. 

Using the suit to help fit and layer other clothes was especially helpful.  

Erdehel ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2013 at 4:43 AM · edited Sat, 16 March 2013 at 4:45 AM

Quote - More people care... some of us don't post very often.

Exactly!

ointment ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2013 at 5:33 AM

Thanks for the videos, I hadn't really played with the supersuit. The videos are helping me to understand it better.

RandallLloyd ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2013 at 11:33 AM

Well, it's one of the coolest things you can buy at DAZ  and there are tons more cool things I will share about it.

thanks for the interest everyone

nobodyinparticular ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2013 at 1:00 PM

Quote - Well, it's one of the coolest things you can buy at DAZ  and there are tons more cool things I will share about it.

thanks for the interest everyone

Sorry I haven't replied. Your tutorials have helped a lot. Thank you. And yes, it is the coolest thing I've purchased. Looking forward to the expansion.

atryeu ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2013 at 1:56 PM

I'm still here Randy, and I'm very much interested but.... pokes dialup   I can't do vidoes still :(  I'm dying to watch them though and really wish I could load them :(

That's great about the expansion!  If you do need testing, I'm more than willing. I have the latest version of DS (don't have the latest Genesis Essentials though) and the suit is all instaleld still.  Still have dialup but I have my download manager (if it's not posted to a sharing site where I can't use it LoL).

Anyway, congrads on the upcoming expansion!

Alisa ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2013 at 3:13 PM

I agree that the suit's the coolest thing since Genesis.  Hands down.

Cheers,
Alisa

Kerya ( ) posted Sun, 17 March 2013 at 2:39 AM

Thanks for the tutorials!
Sorry, not posting much.

cymbidium ( ) posted Sun, 17 March 2013 at 6:13 AM

Great to hear from you again, Randy!  Looking forward to the expansion and hope it does really well for you.  Thanks for all the tuts and other help you've given to everyone.  Oh, and lots of peeps care, including me......:o)

RandallLloyd ( ) posted Sun, 17 March 2013 at 10:47 AM

jeeze... i wasnt fishing for kudos i was just making a joke with alisa....

but thank you all so much.

joequick ( ) posted Sun, 17 March 2013 at 11:02 AM

Quote - Just between you and me... This is all part of a run up to the release of my supersuit expansion products...

I was wondering what the real reason was for all of this.

Did you make the stuff in your expansion pack?

@Daz3d
@ShareCG

RandallLloyd ( ) posted Sun, 17 March 2013 at 1:14 PM · edited Sun, 17 March 2013 at 1:16 PM

well... the real reason was that people asked me when i would finish the series I started for DAZ that was posted on VIMEO... Now that Ive started, its hard to stop and I have had a bunch of half finished designs for the supersuit lying about. I figured it was time to be productive.

My "expansion" will be more of the same stuff that I made for the supersuit packs. SHaping, Material and complete presets combined with more Surface Shader presets.

I think im up to something like 10 new characters and about 100 shader presets.

Oh... and ill be putting out my Comic character bundle too with all the presets I promised the community.

Alisa ( ) posted Sun, 17 March 2013 at 1:31 PM

COOL!

Cheers,
Alisa

Kerya ( ) posted Mon, 18 March 2013 at 1:35 AM

waits patiently

(Or not so patiently, but I am working on being patient)

barbult ( ) posted Mon, 18 March 2013 at 6:02 PM

I've watched all the videos (multilple times in most cases).I've really learned a lot, and keep checking back for new ones. Thanks for all this help.

Kharma11 ( ) posted Tue, 19 March 2013 at 10:04 AM

Randall I grabbed the supersuit as soon as I saw it ( the pro suite of course) I wanted it all :)  thank goodness for your videos tho as I was struggling to figure it all out.  Can't wait to see what else it can do and the expansion paks for it

RandallLloyd ( ) posted Thu, 21 March 2013 at 6:54 PM

WOuld you guys rather buy individual supersuit characters like say "CAPTAIN CHAMPION" that came with all the shaders used on him for say $5 or a bundle similar to the current offering?

Kerya ( ) posted Fri, 22 March 2013 at 12:57 AM

What is wrong with offering both? Some people have more money, some less.

Arkathan ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2013 at 9:45 AM

I agree. Find a price point that incentivises the bundle, but doesn't scare people away from solo or double packs.

RandallLloyd ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2013 at 7:18 PM

Attached Link: Supersuit Tips & Tricks Episode 5: Mastering the Hip Region Bug

In this video I highlight the possibly unrecognized but highly irritating “bug” present in all the current Supersuit shaping and Complete (character) presets and show you how to work around.

the pdf spreadsheet seen in the video is here: http://www.randalllloyd.com/hipfixnumbers.pdf

barbult ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2013 at 4:39 PM

I just watched episode 5 of the tips and tricks. I clicked on Like, but it doesn't seem to take. I doesn't increment the number of likes for the video. I'm not real Youtube savvy. Is there some tip or trick for "liking" a video?

barbult ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2013 at 5:40 PM

Hi, I have another question about episode 5. What is the right way to save a "complete preset"? I tried saving as a Wearable Preset, but that creates a new suit when you apply it. I can't figure out how to same something that applies both shape and materials to an existing suit. Thanks.

atryeu ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2013 at 6:35 PM

Quote - Hi, I have another question about episode 5. What is the right way to save a "complete preset"? I tried saving as a Wearable Preset, but that creates a new suit when you apply it. I can't figure out how to same something that applies both shape and materials to an existing suit. Thanks.

Character Preset saves both Shape & Material presets together :)

barbult ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2013 at 10:40 PM · edited Wed, 27 March 2013 at 10:45 PM

Quote - > Quote - Hi, I have another question about episode 5. What is the right way to save a "complete preset"? I tried saving as a Wearable Preset, but that creates a new suit when you apply it. I can't figure out how to same something that applies both shape and materials to an existing suit. Thanks.

Thanks for the hint. I tried character preset now. I selected the supersuit and chose Save As -> Character Preset. But the icon that is created is labeled "Wardrobe". When I later select the supersuit and apply my saved preset, it pops up a window to ask if I want to load a new figure or apply the character to the currently selected figure. When I apply one of the complete presets that came with the supersuit product, it doesn't do that. Am I doing something wrong?

RandallLloyd ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2013 at 11:09 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Hi, I have another question about episode 5. What is the right way to save a "complete preset"? I tried saving as a Wearable Preset, but that creates a new suit when you apply it. I can't figure out how to same something that applies both shape and materials to an existing suit. Thanks.

Thanks for the hint. I tried character preset now. I selected the supersuit and chose Save As -> Character Preset. But the icon that is created is labeled "Wardrobe". When I later select the supersuit and apply my saved preset, it pops up a window to ask if I want to load a new figure or apply the character to the currently selected figure. When I apply one of the complete presets that came with the supersuit product, it doesn't do that. Am I doing something wrong?

THe problem is that the Supersuit is not normal clothing. It walks a razor fine line between clothing and character.  In some respects it is thoght of as character and in some its clothing.  

Whenever I make a new design, I save it many ways for the most utility.

Wearbles will save everything genesis is wearing at once so you could apply it to a bare genesis and have clothing , hair, props and more in one easy step

Complete Presets (Character Presets) this will apply both the shape and Material settings to a suit already loaded in your scene. Depending on your interface settings, you may or may not get asked if you want to replace or add to the current supersuit.  either is fine and takes the same amount of time.

Shaping Presets apply only the SHAPE of the suit and do not change any of the surface materials.

Material Presets apply only the texture and surfaces without changing the current shape.

Shader presets will only save the characteristics of an individual selected surface

Here is my process to save presets

1. Make sure you are using the latest DAZ Studio release if possible.

2. Select the supersuit

3. If you have used the supersuit boots, belt or cape, make sure that they are parented

4. Make sure all your cusom texture resources are in a logical place. A personal folder in Runtimes>Textures>  would be best.  *If you move anything in this step, you will have to reload the textures onto your figure before saving.  Do not forget that shader presets use textures too.  You do not need to move anything that came with the supersuit, only something you made yourself.

4. Select Genesis, Save As>Wearables Preset. Use a separate folder for only Wearbles Presets.

6. Save As>Character Preset. Use a separate folder for only Complete Presets. leave the defaults checked and hit OK

7. Save as>Material Preset. Use a separate folder for only Material Presets once again leave the defaults (which should be the whole suit.)

8. Save as>Shaping Preset. Use a separate folder for only Shaping Presets

10. If you have used the Belt, select it and Save As>Character Preset in a Belt folder

11. If you have used the Boots, select them and Save As>Character Preset in a Boots folder... separate by male/female

12. If you have used the Cape, select it and Save As>Character Preset in a Cape folder

13. If you have made a custom shader preset, click on a surface containing that shader with the suface selection tool and Save As>Shader Preset in a Shaders folder. 

Hope that helps
Rand

atryeu ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2013 at 11:13 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Hi, I have another question about episode 5. What is the right way to save a "complete preset"? I tried saving as a Wearable Preset, but that creates a new suit when you apply it. I can't figure out how to same something that applies both shape and materials to an existing suit. Thanks.

The window that comes up is new for me too... I kept it at default settings (apply to the selected item) and it loaded okay for me.  Perhaps somebody else can help a bit better than I can. All I did was Save As - Character Preset.... kept the default settings and when I test the preset it works okay on my end.  You said you had Supersuit selected already when you saved and applied it, so I'm not sure what else I could offer as help :(

barbult ( ) posted Thu, 28 March 2013 at 1:04 AM

file_493100.png

Thanks for the advice on saving. I've now saved many material, shaping, and complete presets as DUF files. My goodness, they load fast!!!!

In the course of saving shaping presets, I've run into a problem with the hands of the Ranger and Padded presets. Parts of the fingers are missing, and I can't figure what is wrong. Is it another "bug" like the hip problem? I have attached a picture of the problem using just the gray texture, to avoid any issues with surface material settings.

RandallLloyd ( ) posted Thu, 28 March 2013 at 6:13 AM

Quote - Thanks for the advice on saving. I've now saved many material, shaping, and complete presets as DUF files. My goodness, they load fast!!!!

In the course of saving shaping presets, I've run into a problem with the hands of the Ranger and Padded presets. Parts of the fingers are missing, and I can't figure what is wrong. Is it another "bug" like the hip problem? I have attached a picture of the problem using just the gray texture, to avoid any issues with surface material settings.

No... that is how they are supposed to look :D

when all the seams sink in, they fall below the skin of the fingers.  its just a thing

3doutlaw ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2013 at 11:48 AM

Hi, I was wondering if the first video about using it to fix deformations....if that could be used to help a better fit across the chest region (i.e. like the old spandex morphs) for shirts and other items? (and perhaps for bridging across the backside as well for tight pants)  I don't know what morphs are included and I know things can only do so much in that region, since there are different morphs (like NGM, V5, A5, etc) that make it difficult.  Any examples?

I don't have the supersuit right now, but its on sale, and it could be a reason to pick it up.

barbult ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2013 at 2:01 PM · edited Fri, 29 March 2013 at 2:02 PM

file_493134.png

> Quote - No... that is how they are supposed to look :D > > when all the seams sink in, they fall below the skin of the fingers.  its just a thing > >  

Oh, I get it, it's not a bug, its a feature...

I've found a pretty easy workaround that works for me. I pick a section of the Supersuit that I want the finger gaps to match and note what shader it uses. Then I apply that shader (DAZ Studio Default, e.g.) to the Genesis hands. Then I  copy the surface setting from the Supersuit and paste it to the Genesis hands surface. (It would be even easier if "paste surface setting" also changed to the appropriate shader, but it doesn't.)

I like the Supersuit so much more now that loading it is fast with the DUF settings! Your tutorials are fantastic, thanks!!!

RandallLloyd ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2013 at 4:11 PM · edited Fri, 29 March 2013 at 4:12 PM

Quote - Hi, I was wondering if the first video about using it to fix deformations....if that could be used to help a better fit across the chest region (i.e. like the old spandex morphs) for shirts and other items? (and perhaps for bridging across the backside as well for tight pants)  I don't know what morphs are included and I know things can only do so much in that region, since there are different morphs (like NGM, V5, A5, etc) that make it difficult.  Any examples?

I don't have the supersuit right now, but its on sale, and it could be a reason to pick it up.

It doesnt really help with that, but there is a fantastic product called Clothing Cleavage Modifier

On the DAZ Store.  It has adjustment morphs to fix vacu-formed Boobs and butts for anything Genesis is wearing.

IT is targetted to pre-existing shapes (like V5 Supermodel), but there is a lot of variety

RandallLloyd ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2013 at 4:14 PM

Quote - I don't have the supersuit right now, but its on sale, and it could be a reason to pick it up.

I would wait a short time.  A little bird told me that there will be big expansion coming

RandallLloyd ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2013 at 4:19 PM

Quote -
I've found a pretty easy workaround that works for me. I pick a section of the Supersuit that I want the finger gaps to match and note what shader it uses. Then I apply that shader (DAZ Studio Default, e.g.) to the Genesis hands. Then I  copy the surface setting from the Supersuit and paste it to the Genesis hands surface. (It would be even easier if "paste surface setting" also changed to the appropriate shader, but it doesn't.)

If you find the shader in the included sets, you can just apply it in one step. That gold shader on the knuckles is 

Shader Presets>Supersuit>Plastic>Plastic - Goldish (Fury)

barbult ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2013 at 8:46 PM

Quote - If you find the shader in the included sets, you can just apply it in one step. That gold shader on the knuckles is  Shader Presets>Supersuit>Plastic>Plastic - Goldish (Fury)

Is there any way to figure out what shader has been applied to a given surface? There are so many, it is kind of hard for me to guess which one it is, just based on looking at the viewport or even a render.

3doutlaw ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2013 at 9:56 PM

Quote - It doesnt really help with that, but there is a fantastic product called Clothing Cleavage ModifierOn the DAZ Store.  It has adjustment morphs to fix vacu-formed Boobs and butts for anything Genesis is wearing.

IT is targetted to pre-existing shapes (like V5 Supermodel), but there is a lot of variety

OK thanks, yea I was looking at that and the Sickle Breast Fixer G here at Rendo, but not sure which would be better.  Right now I can get them at the same price.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.