Tue, Oct 22, 10:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 8:45 am)

Subject: Halp!

Geoffrey_Woodget ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2015 at 4:22 AM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 12:53 PM

I'm a Poser user trying to dabble with DAZ. I can't install anything on my C: Drive (eenie-weenie SSD), and I have all my programs and User Account on D:

I have 'D's' path specified in the DIM, yet look at the pics. What's going on? What to do? C & D are duplicates as far as the Download Folder; C has a Manifest Folder; D doesn't. I don't suppose it can be as easy as moving the Manifest Folder over to 'D', and deleting 'C's' Download Folder??

Drive D.JPG(D Download Folder)

Drive C.JPG(C Download Folder)

Drive C_Manifest.JPG ** (C Manifest Folder)**

Thank you

Razor42 ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2015 at 5:27 AM · edited Wed, 18 November 2015 at 5:29 AM

Make sure and check your download path and the installation path in DIM is correct.

The manifest and download should be in the same top folder of the Install manager folder.

I suspect you can cautiously move the manifest folder over and then delete the main folder from your C: drive.

And just double check when you download something new to make sure it's going into the correct folder from then on.

Let us know how you go

Geoffrey_Woodget ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2015 at 8:32 AM

All the Applications, Download and installation paths are correct- no C:

That's what I was thinking too. I was looking for an answer like that! We'll either both be right, or wrong.

Thanx!

Geoffrey_Woodget ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2015 at 9:27 AM

Crud. Swing-and-a-miss!

DIM now shows that I have '0" items insatalled, and there is no Smart Content anymore.

I moved everything back to how it was, and it's still broken. Must be like Poser. I specified that IT install the Download Manager to 'D', but it insists on C: > Users. I argued with customer support but when I gave up, it was left with me not knowing what a path is. :)

Well...I guess I'll uninstall everything and try again. In hind site, I wish I would've went with the 500GB SSD since I'm finding out that even IF you're given a choice of where to install things, they might not end up there.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2015 at 4:25 PM

I have no trouble with downloads (and manifests, using the ini file edit) on a different drive. Download location can be set in the DIM preferences, to set the manifests location (they are small files, I move them to keep them safe if I have to reinstall Windows) go to C:UsersYOUAppDataRoamingDAZ 3DInstallManagerUserAccounts and edit the OverrideManifestDir= and optionally (if you download the thumbnails for DIM) the OverrideThumbnailDir= lines in the Account.ini file. Use forward slashes /, not back slashes , as the folder separator. Move your existing manifests/downloads/thumbnails to the new location.

Geoffrey_Woodget ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2015 at 5:31 PM · edited Wed, 18 November 2015 at 5:32 PM

Ah!

I don't know how I missed that, the manifest part; it's so intuitive. :P

Thank you Richard!

Geoffrey_Woodget ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2015 at 5:56 PM

Richard-

"...and optionally (if you download the thumbnails for DIM) the OverrideThumbnailDir..."

I don't know what they are?? Googling is no help. The manifest one I understand.

Thanks

Geoffrey_Woodget ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2015 at 6:15 PM

Richard-

Never mind, I get it now.

Thanks

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.