Sat, Aug 3, 12:04 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 02 8:13 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Daz3D RuntimeDNA Merger, Ethics, and Fallout

KageRyu ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2016 at 1:08 AM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 11:16 AM

In light of the merger, I find myself displaced as a Vendor from the team I have worked with for the last 4 years, and locked out of the larger portion of the community because of past arguments with Daz3D resulting from their bad acts. I have tried to resolve it amicably with Daz3D, but have been getting the runaround for the past month. I have only even remotely tried to be polite because so many at RuntimeDNA are friends, and now that many of them are moving to Daz3D legal actions will cause fallout for them. However in light of this most recent email from Daz3D, I am taking legal action: **"Hi Mark, Thank you for your email. The possibility of your request has been discussed among our Management Team. However, given the history of events, we feel very strongly that there no longer be a business, artist, and/or customer relationship between yourself and Daz 3D. We apologize for the frustration and disappointment this may cause. We do wish you all the best in your future. Sincerely, Britney Creek Daz 3D" I encourage any and all who are also negatively affected by this merger, who lost income, are no longer RuntimeDNA vendors, whatever, to join me and make this a class action suite - as Daz3d's actions are in violation of numerous fair and ethical business laws in the United States, as well as interfering with reasonable trade. Reach out to me through my accounts at Renderosity, Deviantart, or Facebook. I also encourage any who are or were former Daz3D vendors who disagree with Daz3D being able to prevent customers from accessing your products, dictating who you are allowed to sell to, or limiting community access to join in. As Daz3D is a brokerage selling for a large cadre of 3rd party authors and developers, their actions are wholly illegal and a direct violation of various U.S. Ethical trade and business laws, and are discriminatory practices that interfere with fair trade. My account was not locked out for breaking any laws, or violating the EULA of software I purchased, or engaging in suspicious or fraudulent purchase or transaction methods - but for having words with upper management following months of over charges, purchases that were inaccessible, account problems and the willful provision of false statements by two of Daz3D's upper management to PayPal and myself. It was direct retaliation for filing grievances with Paypal and with my state AG following all efforts to resolve issues with Daz3D breaking down - and such retaliation is illegal. This sort of conduct hurts vendors just as much as it hurts the customers they do it too, because it not only causes a loss in revenue directly for the Vendors (Nightshift3d, DZFire, Stonemason, Valandar, Predatron, MightyMestophales, Ngartplay, Mortem Vetus, Traveller, I am talking to you among so many others as I would still support your products if not for Daz3D's illegal practices and blacklisting me from the marketplace). It also hurts the vendor as it exposes them to the risk of being considered an ally or accomplice of bad business practices. Contact me if interest and willing to join the litigation. Sincerely, Mark A. Fares

The New HD Toaster from Wamco toasts bread more evenly and acurately than Standard Toasters. Take advantage of the FULL resolution of your bread and try one today, because if your toast isn't in High Definition, you are not getting the most of your toast!

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2016 at 2:56 AM

Um, you know all those vendors you named are selling currently at DAZ and I showed them this post and their reactions are probably not what you intended. And the fact that you posted this publicly in light that it is in violation of the TOS here (and similar posts based on speculation and falsehoods), shows exactly why DAZ decided not to take you as a vendor. I wouldn't even waste my time talking to a lawyer as they are simply going to show you the door, as all anyone has to do is to pop up your old posts with the wild speculation and the judge will throw out your case. It looks like you simply didn't treat your business as a business and want to blame DAZ for your problems.

I think you should take a minute to learn how to accept responsibility for your own actions rather than violate TOS and blame others because it's simply not their fault. Besides, I see you have those products for sale here and at Hivewire, so it doesn't look like you are out of business by any stretch. It just seems you would be way too disruptive in the forum and to those vendors you named to sell at DAZ. I would concentrate on making your products instead of this.

Reported.

KageRyu ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2016 at 9:20 AM

It is not about not taking me as a vendor. It is about locking out access to the marketplace, There are no speculations in this message at all. All of those vendors I would have continued to support had I not been locked out of the brokerage by the brokerage.

You clearly did not fully read the post or understand it.

The New HD Toaster from Wamco toasts bread more evenly and acurately than Standard Toasters. Take advantage of the FULL resolution of your bread and try one today, because if your toast isn't in High Definition, you are not getting the most of your toast!

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2016 at 9:44 AM · edited Tue, 29 March 2016 at 9:52 AM

theKageRyu posted at 10:41AM Tue, 29 March 2016 - #4263145

It is not about not taking me as a vendor. It is about locking out access to the marketplace, There are no speculations in this message at all. All of those vendors I would have continued to support had I not been locked out of the brokerage by the brokerage.

You clearly did not fully read the post or understand it.

I understood it well and you still need to take responsibility for your own actions because this is really what this about and why you are locked out. As DAZ rarely locks anyone out, including vendors that angrily close their stores and come back (which I've seen several times), it takes something really special for DAZ to say "Nah, we don't want you to sell at our store or buy any of our products." So it seems you've accomplished that.

But DAZ isn't the first to tell a customer we don't want your business and they won't be the last. For instance, if an airline doesn't want your business, you won't make it on any of their flights and if they find out, they'll quickly remove you. I've also seen business with pictures of customers not allowed in the store so employees know to remove them.

KageRyu ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2016 at 9:58 AM

No the real reason I am locked out is unethical and illegal conduct by Daz3D. It was the direct result of disputes after a years worth of overbilling, problems fixing the over billing, unable to access downloads because of server troubles in 2012 - and direct retaliation.

There are a lot of details you do not know - and before insisting I take responsibility you should consider you do not have all the facts.

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2016 at 10:07 AM · edited Tue, 29 March 2016 at 10:13 AM

theKageRyu posted at 11:05AM Tue, 29 March 2016 - #4263162

No the real reason I am locked out is unethical and illegal conduct by Daz3D. It was the direct result of disputes after a years worth of overbilling, problems fixing the over billing, unable to access downloads because of server troubles in 2012 - and direct retaliation.

There are a lot of details you do not know - and before insisting I take responsibility you should consider you do not have all the facts.

If you say so, but I think your lawsuit isn't going to go any further than this thread. Good luck though.

Here's an article you should look through in the meantime:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jaysondemers/2014/09/02/no-the-customer-is-not-always-right/#645cf07737de

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2016 at 2:19 PM

@KageRyu

I just wanted to express my sympathies over this whole mess. Seeing a great shop being taken over like that is bad enough, but now it is clear the forums have turned draconian as well, as any factual criticism of Daz3D seems to earn you a ban. First meshworks, now you. Just sad...

Khory_D ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2016 at 2:53 PM

You sure it was for criticism? After all his grudge goes back something like 10 years so its against Dan and Chris not anyone at Daz now. Maybe it was really for trying to drum up business for a competing brokerage he wants to launch? He could try that here and see if it flys better but I doubt it.

www.Calida3d.com
Daz studio and Poser content creators

Hallowed_Sylph ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2016 at 3:01 PM

None of the vendors you are mentioning who sell at Daz will back you on this. Daz did not break any laws in buying RDNA . The company was sold by it's owner who now works for Daz as well , are you going to sue her ? They have no obligation to accept any vendor but have opened their arms to many. Your lawsuit is dead in the water. I would save your money and focus on finding a new site to call home and sell your work. You are making more trouble for yourself than it is worth.

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2016 at 3:11 PM

@Khory Not sure what you are talking about, KageRyu's post that got removed and got him banned is the same he made here. If you are talking about Meshworks, the post he made that got removed and got him banned had nothing to do about the proposed brokerage, nor was it about anything in the past, it was about a recent episode of bad customer support.

@OonaTHeWild This isn't about KageRyu being blocked as a vendor, it is about them being blocked as a customer

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2016 at 3:23 PM

DreaminGirl posted at 4:16PM Tue, 29 March 2016 - #4263224

@Khory Not sure what you are talking about, KageRyu's post that got removed and got him banned is the same he made here. If you are talking about Meshworks, the post he made that got removed and got him banned had nothing to do about the proposed brokerage, nor was it about anything in the past, it was about a recent episode of bad customer support.

@OonaTHeWild This isn't about KageRyu being blocked as a vendor, it is about them being blocked as a customer

So about 2012 would put it around the time when several members plotted to disrupt activities at DAZ and put their plans on another site so everyone could publicly see. Those members got banned from and from the posts from the admins at the other site they said there was going to be legal action because those members actions were actually illegal. So if rage was part of that, yeah I can see why they locked you out of your account. You were planning illegal activities against another company. But yeah, that's DAZ's fault.

However, they worked it out with several members to come back if they apologized. I'm guessing that didn't happen in this case.

If this is the case, your lawsuit is dead in the water and you should hope they don't come after you again with legal action.

wheatpenny ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2016 at 4:14 PM
Site Admin

Bashing other sites is against the Renderosity TOS, and that's what it looks like this thread is, so I'm going to lock it.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.