Wed, Sep 18, 2:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Virtual World Dynamics

Welcome to the Virtual World Dynamics Forum

Virtual World Dynamics F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 1:40 pm)

Subject: Restarting the development of VWD

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2018 at 3:50 PM

Daz3D is a curious company,

I just created a new video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJaHBCoe0cw I posted an image on my gallery at Daz3d and I created a thread in the Daz forum to explain what I am doing with VWD. Both stayed less than one day in live in the forum and the gallery.

Inquisitors are back.

Tell what you think on this video. I used many functionalities available in VWD.

Follow me on Twitter : @VWDynamics

Watch demo videos on Youtube

agape ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2018 at 7:52 PM

Daz doesn't allow anything in their forums that could advertise items not in their store. I have many times posted exciting new items to be used in their software but were immediately deleted. It would be a good idea for VWD and the Bridge to be available in their store.

headwax. ( ) posted Thu, 20 September 2018 at 4:40 PM

Hya , I wondered what the latest version was? thanks in advance :)

headwax. ( ) posted Thu, 20 September 2018 at 4:41 PM

sorry just read the previous posts!!

SheikhalMaktoum ( ) posted Fri, 21 September 2018 at 6:01 AM

I've been booted from Daz's forums many times for pointing to competing items/products. I'm still banned because I got overly enthusiastic about Blender and justifiably critical of Hexagon. I can't see Daz allowing you to sell VWD in their store since it directly competes with Dforce. Daz is nothing if not vehemently monopolistic.

It would be interesting, however, to try.

mndsng ( ) posted Fri, 21 September 2018 at 6:57 PM

Wow, Gerald! I just viewed that Aug-5 video. Brilliant!

FWIW, I know that Genesis1 is considered older, but because of the residual support that DS still offers, it is an extremely popular figure for animators and NPR/toon artists.

Could I request that any figure-specific body motions (e.g. Gen238) that seem to be built-into VWD (per the video description) also be extendable or include support for the Genesis1 figure? And although I don't use the Mil4 characters much any more, there are still a good number of folks that do (still see new V4/M4 morphs/characters on sale here at rendo all the time...) and adding that support (breasts/glutes) may prove to be popular.

I can offer to purchase (for you) any Genesis1 morph/motion packs that you would need to add such support - please PM me if this would be an option!

Thanks, and wow on that last video posting.

(and yes, I also find that DAZ3D is a notably peculiar company in many ways.)

cheers, --ms

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Fri, 28 September 2018 at 2:53 PM

Excuse me for all this time without any replies.

You can see my reply on another thread about my thinkings about the VWD interface.

@headwax: I will send you the latest version. I will start the rewriting of the documentation in TWO weeks.

@SheikhalMaktoum: Currently, I discuss with Brian Howell who seems interested by VWD. It is for this reason I want to have a version easier to use. I also want to rewrite the documentation to include all the undocumented functions. We will see!!!!

@mndsng: Someone asked me to post the tutorial showing how to use and generate Dynamic morphs. I suppose you speak on these videos. In the video which explains how to generate the body animations, I wanted to show it is possible to manage any morphs on any character. This function does not work on the Poser version but you can use it in the Daz Version with and without the bridge. In the current version I only generated presets for G238F characters but you apply it on other characters. I never made this test but it is interesting to test. You are right, perhaps It could be necessary to use some purchased morphs.

Thank you to all for your help and support.

stger ( ) posted Mon, 05 November 2018 at 5:33 PM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 5:31PM Mon, 05 November 2018 - #4333816

Hello agape,

I did not forgot all the direct buyers. Currently, the version can be considered as a Beta version.

I have you email, I can send you this version if you want. All the tests you will do on it will be fully welcome.

In all cases, I want to send the updated version to all the direct buyers at the end of September when the new documentation will be rewritten.

One question, I am thinking of buying of VWD. Is the current beta availibe over renderosity (and will be the next major version a free upgrade?). Or need we to contact you to get access to the latest beta?

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Tue, 06 November 2018 at 2:04 PM

Hello Agape,

Yes, I can send you the latest beta version. I found your email. Currently, you have 1.1.697 version which is not old. Currently, I want to write the multi-layer function and I have to work on the documentation. Tomorrow, I will send you this new version.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2018 at 3:29 PM

Hello,

Just a simple news. The multi-layers function is written. I have to test it and I will consider the development is finished for the Update. There certainly will have some bugs correction, but it is an important step.

Surody ( ) posted Fri, 09 November 2018 at 4:44 PM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 4:44PM Fri, 09 November 2018 - #4339447

Hello,

Just a simple news. The multi-layers function is written. I have to test it and I will consider the development is finished for the Update. There certainly will have some bugs correction, but it is an important step.

Awesome news!

stger ( ) posted Sat, 10 November 2018 at 7:18 AM

What does this multi layer feature exactly?

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sat, 10 November 2018 at 4:16 PM

Hello,

This means the clothe will be computed in several steps. This feature is very helpful for clothes having more than one layer. This function comes in addition to the self-collision, but using another way.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2018 at 1:53 PM · edited Wed, 14 November 2018 at 1:54 PM

Hello,

Some news about the development of VWD.

• The multi-layers function begins to work fine. I have some improvements to do.

• By making the earrings tutorial, I have had an idea : be able to stiff a part of the clothe independently. This generated 2 new checkboxes in the "Stiffening by neighborhood" part.

- A "Selection" checkbox which allows to rigidify only the vertices in the selection. This will allow to rigidify a part of the mesh without using too much springs.
    - A "Exterior" checkbox which allows to rigidify outside of the selection. This will allow to link a part of the mesh to the main clothe without using too much springs.

These two functions can also be used jointly.

I hope they will be useful to you.

stger ( ) posted Wed, 14 November 2018 at 5:12 PM

Hell yes, this sounds very useful 😁

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Fri, 16 November 2018 at 1:39 PM

In association with these new functions, I added a selection reduction function which allows to reduce the number of selected vertices by trying to keep a regular distribution in space. This new function will be very useful to the "exterior" function. My aim continues to be to find function which allow to create complex simulation using the less number of vertices.

Surody ( ) posted Thu, 22 November 2018 at 8:22 AM

I wanted to ask how the wind feature of VWD exactly works. There's a maximum of 3 as random. What does random mean? What kind of algorithm is it? For the future I would love to have some stronger wind but dynamic. Whirling around the hair but sometimes give it time to fall back in place. Or maybe something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUIL1gZvGgI Dforce and VWD have more a linear effect. The hair gets pushed into one direction but it doesn't behave like the force is dynamic wind.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2018 at 4:54 PM

Hello Surody,

You are fully right, the wind is not good at all in VWD. I want to improve it as soon as possible.

The random part is just a modification of the strength of the wind on each vertices. This has the tendency to generate a vibration and not a real wind effect.

I want to rewrite this part to include random values on the strength and on the direction of the wind. These parameters will have an amplitude and will be modified with a random timer to be able to simulate gusts.

This will generate a more realistic wind effect.

Surody ( ) posted Mon, 26 November 2018 at 10:26 AM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 10:25AM Mon, 26 November 2018 - #4340546

Hello Surody,

You are fully right, the wind is not good at all in VWD. I want to improve it as soon as possible.

The random part is just a modification of the strength of the wind on each vertices. This has the tendency to generate a vibration and not a real wind effect.

I want to rewrite this part to include random values on the strength and on the direction of the wind. These parameters will have an amplitude and will be modified with a random timer to be able to simulate gusts.

This will generate a more realistic wind effect.

Thanks for the reply. Do you think it's difficult to implement?

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Tue, 27 November 2018 at 1:58 PM

Hello Surody,

This feature is not difficult to implement but it is not nothing to do. I thought to add this feature in Patreon as pledge goal as you said to me.

To all:

Currently, I made some bug corrections in the program.

• I corrected the textures importation in the Daz Scripts. This function did not work well for some actors.
  • I modified the scale springs functions which did not work fine when you tried to restart the simulation.
  • I added a one step simulation without inertia at the beginning of the simulation to resolve the issue linked to the cloth exploding when the penetration was too much important.

In parallel,

• I add a "Selection only" and "Exterior" in the stiffening by neighborhood function.
  • The multi-layer function seems to work correctly. This function adds a collision actor by layer.
  • I began to include some presets for dynamic actors importation.

In the coming days I want to improve the animation import in the Daz script. I hope I will have some help from Philemo. This improvement needs to write a Daz Studio plugin using the SDK. This will allow to import the animations very quickly and will allow to play the animations very quickly in Daz Studio when the simulation is finished.

After that, I will start Patreon with a V2 version.

sriesch ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2018 at 12:58 AM

Is the current version for sale in the store still DS 4.8 compatible? I wanted to hold out a little bit to give bugs a chance to be found and fixed, but want to make sure that I haven't waited too long and lost my opportunity.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2018 at 2:06 PM

@sriesch : The current version is compatible with DS 4.8 and with the latest DS version. No, you have not lost your chance. You can send me an email if you want to test.

kwan ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2018 at 11:27 PM

Gerald, Hello!! Sorry I have been away from working on 3D projects for a while, but I would like to get back to more experiments now. It seems like you have made so many new changes to VWD. I know I am behind in learning the new features. I would be interested in testing the new version. Do you still have my email. If not I will send you an email. I am excited to try the new features......Thank you again for your wonderful creation! Kwan

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2018 at 3:02 PM

@Kwan, Yes, I have your email. I will send you the latest version tomorrow.

Currently I try to find all the bugs in the program. I also found a new way to transfer the simulation in Daz Studio very quickly. This new transfer method will be integrated in the new V2 version.

I want to integrate a new way to create the simulations. I want to construct the simulation settings with the users by asking questions. This method will allow to help understand the method I use to create simulations I certainly will start with hair which seems me easier to do.

Frankythecat007 ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2018 at 6:52 AM

Hello Gérald, when will the new V2 version appear?

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sun, 23 December 2018 at 6:16 AM

Hello Frankythecat007,

The full V2 version will be ready when the documentation will be rewritten and The program simplification at least a little bit started.

If you want to test the current V2 beta, I can send it to you by an email.

Frankythecat007 ( ) posted Sun, 23 December 2018 at 7:30 AM

Hello Gérald, it would be very nice of you if you could send me the V2 beta by e-mail, then I could ever test it for me. You have my e-mail address.

Frankythecat007 ( ) posted Mon, 24 December 2018 at 3:40 AM

Hello Gérald,, I tested the V2 beta a little bit, the simulation is good and very fast, you can see it immediately in DAZ Studio. But what can I do to save the simulated scene (4s video with hair) and render it on my other render pc.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Mon, 24 December 2018 at 4:40 PM

Hello Frank,

I am happy the program works fine to you.

The simulation is not recorded in the .DUF file. If you absolutely want to have the simulation(s) recorded in the Daz file, you can use the Bridge sold by Philemot.

However, the new version allows to replay the simulation in Daz Studio, even when the file has been recorded and closed. I wanted to do a small tutorial explaining that but I didn't have time enough to do it.

I also will explain you how to transfer the files to another PC. I will try to do so in the coming days.

I wish you all a very merry Chrismas.

Gérald

Surody ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2019 at 4:00 AM

Happy New Year. Did you make it?^^ Are you still alive?^^

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sat, 05 January 2019 at 8:50 AM

Hello!

Sorry for the delay.

I am still alive but still sick!!

Impossible to say 3 words without coughing several seconds.

This video will be linked to a new version which is a little bit faster.

The video will come next week, sorry!!

Happy new year to everyone. Some big changes will come this new year for VWD. Some news in the coming days.

Gérald

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Tue, 08 January 2019 at 2:59 PM

Hello,

I'm starting to get better.

I will do the video in the coming days.

I'm starting to simply the program work-flow. It will easier to use. The first tests will be for hair simulations.

Happy new year to everyone.

yvesab ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2019 at 9:15 AM

Happy new year ! could you be kind enough to send me the latest beta ? thank you !

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Fri, 11 January 2019 at 1:42 PM

Hello Yvesab,

I just made a new version which will be the latest version I will send before the final V2. I will send it to you in the week-end and to those whom I sent the previous beta version.

Linked to this version, I will do a small tutorial explaining how to reread a daz file with a VWD animation. And I will explain how to transfer an animation to another PC.

Now, my main job is to work on the program simplification. The first step will be to create assistants for clothes and hair creation.

This needs me to make a lot of tests (static images and simulations). You will be the results on the gallery and on YouTube.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sat, 19 January 2019 at 4:53 PM

Hello,

I just made a new version which contains all the modifications necessary for the program simplification.

This new version doesn't contain the assistants yet.

The final V2 version will allow to do simulations using a series of questions.

VirtualWorldDynamics will change in the coming weeks. I am not able to manage the program development and the commercial and support work. VWD will grow to 2 people and this will be better for everyone. My main aim is to concentrate on the program development.

A great year is coming for VWD and I hope it will be a great year for you too.

Gérald

Smaker1 ( ) posted Sun, 20 January 2019 at 11:15 AM

Hello Gérald

Great news! Hope it will help you to bring VWD to new heights!

Can't wait to see what will happen !

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2019 at 3:20 PM

Hello Smaker1,

I think the assistants will help to create easily simulations. They also certainly will help to understand the program because it will be easy to see what actions were used using the simulation history.

Thank you for your support, I think there will be more informations in the coming weeks. This collaboration will help VWD to start a new life with the 2 different necessary competencies to keep a product alive: A development competency and a commercial competency. These 2 competencies associated to an efficient support.

I hope the year 2019 will be great for the program.

Surody ( ) posted Wed, 23 January 2019 at 11:30 PM

Hi Gérald, I wanted to point out a bug which seems to have appeared with version 2.0. When I use a collission actor with geografts applied, the whole collision actor gets messed up during simulation. Here's a example: https://imgur.com/a/fDC39fV

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Thu, 24 January 2019 at 2:21 PM

Hello Surody,

Excuse me, I don't know what are geografts. Could you show the collision actor before the simulation. I will send you the new version soon.

Surody ( ) posted Fri, 25 January 2019 at 9:15 AM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 9:14AM Fri, 25 January 2019 - #4344217

Hello Surody,

Excuse me, I don't know what are geografts. Could you show the collision actor before the simulation. I will send you the new version soon.

Geografts are extensions of the character mesh. Like genitals, tails, horns etc. https://imgur.com/a/NDj0vXg

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Fri, 25 January 2019 at 2:26 PM

Hello Surody,

Ok, I understand.

I never used this kind of extension on a character, I will do some tests and I will tell you what I can do to resolve your issue.

Frankythecat007 ( ) posted Fri, 25 January 2019 at 3:20 PM

You can unparent it before the simulation and then merge it again, so I do it, had the same problem.

Surody ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2019 at 1:45 AM

Frankythecat007 posted at 1:45AM Sat, 26 January 2019 - #4344281

You can unparent it before the simulation and then merge it again, so I do it, had the same problem.

This shouldn't be the longterm fix though. It worked in previous versions.

Frankythecat007 ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2019 at 2:46 AM

Ok, that's what Gerald should work on, but what I do not like is that the version V2.0.770.5344 does not work for me at all, getting a crash after the simulation. Version V2.0.738.5178, on the other hand, works without this problem.

Surody ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2019 at 6:01 AM

Frankythecat007 posted at 6:01AM Sat, 26 January 2019 - #4344304

Ok, that's what Gerald should work on, but what I do not like is that the version V2.0.770.5344 does not work for me at all, getting a crash after the simulation. Version V2.0.738.5178, on the other hand, works without this problem.

Can't test for myself yet, Gérald didn't provide me with that version so far.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2019 at 9:00 AM

Hello Surody,

Excuse me I told I will send you this version and I forgot to do so. I will send it to you after this post.

The current problem is Daz studio export the character in Obj format with the external part and it does not export the character geometry by script or with the SDK by including the external part during the animation. so, the number of vertices is not the same.

I found a solution by exporting the animation in OBJ format. This resolves the issue but this needs to record the animation by OBJ files which is not fast?

@Frankythecat007: did you try to do a new installation or to remove all the exchange files in your current installation?

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2019 at 10:49 AM

The modification is made in the program. Now, it is possible to animate a character with geografts using OBJ importation. This modification will be usable in the full V2 version.

Frankythecat007 ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2019 at 11:11 AM

Hello Garald, I have made several new installations without success, I have for security version V2.0.770.5344 installed on my render computer, here occurs the same problem, complete crash of the computer, he must then be restarted. Herewith I can exclude a problem with my computer because the error occurs on 2 completely different computers.

Surody ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2019 at 1:10 PM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 1:10PM Sat, 26 January 2019 - #4344311

The modification is made in the program. Now, it is possible to animate a character with geografts using OBJ importation. This modification will be usable in the full V2 version.

Sounds good, but obj importation? Does it include the animations of the geografts?

Surody ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2019 at 3:11 PM

Frankythecat007 posted at 3:11PM Sat, 26 January 2019 - #4344313

Hello Garald, I have made several new installations without success, I have for security version V2.0.770.5344 installed on my render computer, here occurs the same problem, complete crash of the computer, he must then be restarted. Herewith I can exclude a problem with my computer because the error occurs on 2 completely different computers.

He provided me now with the new version and I installed it. Works fine for me.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.