Wed, Sep 18, 2:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Virtual World Dynamics

Welcome to the Virtual World Dynamics Forum

Virtual World Dynamics F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 1:40 pm)

Subject: Restarting the development of VWD

MrFiddles22 ( ) posted Sun, 22 April 2018 at 1:52 AM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 11:50PM Sat, 21 April 2018 - #4328679

Hello,

I send two videos showing how to use and how to create dynamics morphs.

I apologize for my bad English. Sometimes, I would prefer to speak you in Gaulish.

Here are the links :

To create a dynamic morph : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IkDyna5q14M5-oUxDi5W6YzYudzu1ukx

To use dynamic morphs : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KFwh_1u2viUNo5813on1S0FySZnpYxh-

I hope these videos will help you to understand how will work this new function.

Stop worrying about your English or accent, I can understand you just fine. You're doing great!

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sun, 22 April 2018 at 3:19 PM

Thank you MrFiddles22,

You are really kind to my English speaking. With time, I will improve it.

Follow me on Twitter : @VWDynamics

Watch demo videos on Youtube

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sat, 28 April 2018 at 9:03 AM

Hello,

I Have no feedback of the dynamic morphs in the forum.

After several tests, The "Normal" version of the presets are the best ones.

But, for me, the best settings are "no parallelization", "Fast move = 3" and "Iterations = 8";

Then if you want to stiff or soft the wires, you can play with the Iterations count. You can Increase this value to stiff the morph and Decrease this value to soft the morph.

Please, give me some feedbacks.

Thank you

I will create two new threads.

Gérald

headwax. ( ) posted Sat, 28 April 2018 at 6:00 PM

thank you Gérald

sorry I haven't had a chance to play with this yet

your English is fine!

kwan ( ) posted Sat, 28 April 2018 at 8:37 PM

Gérald Is the dynamic morphs feature available in the copies of VWD that you have sent out yet, the version I got from you via email did not have this feature. thanks

Kwan

Surody ( ) posted Sun, 29 April 2018 at 10:42 AM

Can I ask what you mean with "no parallelization", I can't find that option.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sun, 29 April 2018 at 2:12 PM

headwax, kwan, I sent you the latest version of the program.

Surody, when I say "no parallelization", I just want to say no multithreading and not GPU. These two checkboxes have to be unchecked.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sun, 29 April 2018 at 4:22 PM

With Biscuits, we made a video.

This video uses "Choker dress" and "Amie hair" and shows the quality of Biscuits's products sold in this marketplace.

The simulations have been made with VWD, of course. 😄

The character used is Genesis8 with a complex animation.

Here is the link to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_h-msAmJiM

Give us your feedbacks.

Surody ( ) posted Tue, 01 May 2018 at 4:54 AM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 4:53AM Tue, 01 May 2018 - #4329174

With Biscuits, we made a video.

This video uses "Choker dress" and "Amie hair" and shows the quality of Biscuits's products sold in this marketplace.

The simulations have been made with VWD, of course. 😄

The character used is Genesis8 with a complex animation.

Here is the link to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_h-msAmJiM

Give us your feedbacks.

I really would know how you set up that dress and hair, my results are definitely always worse. It looks really really good, there's not alot to say. The only thing you could maybe fix would be unlocking the axis parameters because the animation has some glitches.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Tue, 01 May 2018 at 3:12 PM

Yes, Surody, the animation has some issues. I didn't take time enough to correct it.

I will do two tutorials to explain how I made this video.

No sales in April, I explained to Surody why I regularly said I will have more time in some weeks. In fact, the main part of my time is used by two projects. I write new functions for VWD late in the evening or in the night. These two projects will finish in July. From this month, I really will have more time to work on VWD and, of course on the Patreon project.

VWD will continue to this condition alone.

In some days, I will start to add collision objects in the GPU. I will set this count to 5. This will allow to work without any constraints in GPU simulations.

Surody ( ) posted Tue, 01 May 2018 at 4:57 PM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 4:55PM Tue, 01 May 2018 - #4329323

Yes, Surody, the animation has some issues. I didn't take time enough to correct it.

I will do two tutorials to explain how I made this video.

No sales in April, I explained to Surody why I regularly said I will have more time in some weeks. In fact, the main part of my time is used by two projects. I write new functions for VWD late in the evening or in the night. These two projects will finish in July. From this month, I really will have more time to work on VWD and, of course on the Patreon project.

VWD will continue to this condition alone.

In some days, I will start to add collision objects in the GPU. I will set this count to 5. This will allow to work without any constraints in GPU simulations.

To avoid those glitches you just have to unlock all bones. They are limited in movement and alot of preset animations overexceed this limitations, causing keyframes not to behave correctly. Not sure if you know that already.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Wed, 02 May 2018 at 5:29 PM

Yes, you are right, I don't remember if I unlocked the bones rotations. Thank you.

MrFiddles22 ( ) posted Fri, 04 May 2018 at 8:46 AM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 6:40AM Fri, 04 May 2018 - #4329094

Hello,

But, for me, the best settings are "no parallelization", "Fast move = 3" and "Iterations = 8";

Then if you want to stiff or soft the wires, you can play with the Iterations count. You can Increase this value to stiff the morph and Decrease this value to soft the morph.

Thank you

Gérald

I finally got a chance to review the video tutorials for the dynamic morphs, it looks really easy to do. Amazing to see that Daz will have this ability similar to Poser. Great work Gerald you are a genius!

Can the dynamic morph script be applied to any other body parts or objects that have movement morphs?

I will test it out as soon as I can.

Surody ( ) posted Fri, 04 May 2018 at 9:28 AM

MrFiddles22 posted at 9:28AM Fri, 04 May 2018 - #4329489

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 6:40AM Fri, 04 May 2018 - #4329094

Hello,

Thank you

Gérald

I finally got a chance to review the video tutorials for the dynamic morphs, it looks really easy to do. Amazing to see that Daz will have this ability similar to Poser. Great work Gerald you are a genius!

Can the dynamic morph script be applied to any other body parts or objects that have movement morphs?

I will test it out as soon as I can.

Yes you can.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Fri, 04 May 2018 at 11:21 AM

Currently, the Dynamic morphs function has a reference vertex and 2 direction vertices. You can choose the reference vertex, choose the morphs to modify and then generate the wire.

When you generate the wire, the 2 direction vertices are generated in the program in X and Y directions. These vertices will be used by the function to define the 2 planes which will be used to calculate the morph to use and the value to apply to it.

This solution is correct if your reference vertex (its normal in fact) is close to the Z direction. (fine for the breasts and the glutes). if the vertex is far from this direction, the result will not be fine. You could rotate the character to resolve this issue, but the recording of this dynamic morph will not be recorded correctly because only the reference vertex is recorded.

I want to give the ability to make any rotation you want when you generate the dynamic morph. To record correctly this dynamic morph, I have to record the 2 directions vertices. I will do this modification soon.

If my reply is not clear enough, I can explain better with an image.

This means all mesh with morphs can be modified dynamically.

Writers_Block ( ) posted Sun, 06 May 2018 at 8:47 AM · edited Sun, 06 May 2018 at 8:48 AM

Love the progress that is being made; let us know when Patreon is set up. Oh, and that Tutorial that you collaborated with biscuits on, amazing.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sun, 06 May 2018 at 3:13 PM

Thank you Writers_Block.

The modification for the dynamic morphs works fine now.

It is possible to rotate the character, select any vertex as reference and generate the dynamic morph. Even if the initial animation pose is very different from the pose used for the generation, the morph will be modified correctly.

This will allow to animate any morph dynamically from any part of the body.

Surody ( ) posted Tue, 08 May 2018 at 5:32 AM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 5:31AM Tue, 08 May 2018 - #4329558

Thank you Writers_Block.

It is possible to rotate the character, select any vertex as reference and generate the dynamic morph. Even if the initial animation pose is very different from the pose used for the generation, the morph will be modified correctly.

That's a nice improvement! Does the GPU part progress too? CPU is really ridicolous slow and GPU doesn't deliver trustworthy results sigh. Anyway, keep up the great work! Hope you will be able to set up Patreon soonish.

Writers_Block ( ) posted Tue, 08 May 2018 at 12:10 PM · edited Tue, 08 May 2018 at 12:11 PM

Surody posted at 6:09PM Tue, 08 May 2018 - #4329650

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 5:31AM Tue, 08 May 2018 - #4329558

Thank you Writers_Block.

That's a nice improvement! Does the GPU part progress too? CPU is really ridicolous slow and GPU doesn't deliver trustworthy results sigh. Anyway, keep up the great work! Hope you will be able to set up Patreon soonish.

What issue do you have with the GPU? Other than an error when first starting VWD, which doesn't seem to make a difference, I don't recall any errors; I've also found it to be consistent.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Tue, 08 May 2018 at 2:42 PM

I just started to work on the multiple collision actors.

The modification is not so easy to do. I will give some informations on the development.

I also try to resolve the issue at the starting of VWD.

headwax. ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2018 at 4:58 AM

Greetings Gérald, thank you for sending me the latest version. It seems much more stable and very much faster!!! I'm sorry I haven't had a chance to test out the new bits and pieces but I await my time with bated breath!!

Surody ( ) posted Sat, 12 May 2018 at 2:38 AM

I got a weird question, would it be possible to transfer animations of clothes and hair to VWD too?

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sun, 13 May 2018 at 2:05 PM

Hello Surody,

I am not sure to understand, you want to know if VWD is able to read other animation formats?

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sun, 13 May 2018 at 2:34 PM

Hello,

I will not be at home during the next week. I will try to reply to your messages.

I certainly will start a new thread on the Patreon project. I really would like to know if this project interests some persons.

Have a fine week.

Gérald

Surody ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2018 at 5:36 AM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 5:36AM Tue, 15 May 2018 - #4329951

Hello Surody,

I am not sure to understand, you want to know if VWD is able to read other animation formats?

No, I'm just asking if it would be possible to import the animations of hair or clothes into VWD too, not just the collission object.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2018 at 3:19 PM

Hello Surody,

In the next version, it will be possible to import a simulation made by VWD. Perhaps in others version it will be possible to read cache files like PC2 or ABC, with a change of the scale to adapt to the program. This will not be made immediately, but this could be interesting in some cases.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2018 at 4:02 PM

Hello,

Excuse me for this long time without messages. A lot of work to finalize the other projects.

I worked on the "Animated by host" function to make it easier to use. Now I am convicted this function will be very useful in many cases. For clothes and for hair. I just made two tests for Biscuits and I used this function in both simulations.

I finalize a new beta version and I will send it to those who are interested.

Surody ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2018 at 6:49 AM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 6:49AM Fri, 01 June 2018 - #4330929

Hello,

Excuse me for this long time without messages. A lot of work to finalize the other projects.

I worked on the "Animated by host" function to make it easier to use. Now I am convicted this function will be very useful in many cases. For clothes and for hair. I just made two tests for Biscuits and I used this function in both simulations.

I finalize a new beta version and I will send it to those who are interested.

Awesome, can't wait to take a look!

kwan ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2018 at 12:39 AM

Gérald Count me in I am interested. You have my email address, but you need I can send another email to you if you can't find mine. I tried the last few updates you sent me, and I was having difficulty with using the simulation in an animation. Once I clicked start Dynamic Simulation in VWD nothing happened. It did not crash, the animation just never starts in the view port. The animation was well over 3000 frames could that be the issue?

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sun, 03 June 2018 at 3:52 PM

Hello kwan,

I suppose your tests was made on a GPU version. Perhaps you have a problem with OpenCL. Did you make the same test with a Multi threaded simulation?

I made some simulations with several thousands of frames without any problems. I don't think the issue can be the frame count.

I will send you the new version as soon as it is made.

Leonides02 ( ) posted Sun, 03 June 2018 at 10:44 PM

Hello Gérald - I'm still using the latest GPU version you sent me. It's wonderful. Any luck on using more than one collision actor yet? Most of my models wear cltohing so I'd like the hair to interact with both the clothes and the body. Keep up the amazing work!

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Mon, 04 June 2018 at 1:55 PM

Hello Leonides02,

The multi collision actor in GPU is the next modification. I had some issues when I tried to implement it in the program. I want to finalize this function before to start the Patreon project.

Leonides02 ( ) posted Mon, 04 June 2018 at 2:44 PM

Wonderful! Thank you. Can't wait, and I also can't wait to support your Patreon!

itou31 ( ) posted Sun, 10 June 2018 at 5:03 AM

Hi Gérard, just sent you an email on requesting the GPU test version. I start a new animation project and would like to come back to VWD with G8F. Thanks

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sun, 10 June 2018 at 10:56 AM

Hello itou31, I sent you a new sitemail.

I start the modifications to integrate the 5 collisions actors to GPU.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Tue, 12 June 2018 at 2:32 PM

Hello,

The 5 collisions actors in GPU seem to work correctly.

I certainly will generate a new version. This version will be very close to the final version which will be used to start the Patreon project.

Gérald

itou31 ( ) posted Wed, 13 June 2018 at 3:30 AM

Very good news ! This will be very helpfull for my current animation test project. Thanks Gérald, Keep going..

Ashfire45 ( ) posted Wed, 13 June 2018 at 7:51 AM

Really, really looking forward to this next version of VWD - I hate to bring up 'competition', but D-force makes me want to bite off my own thumb in frustration, LOL. There's no control, it's constantly crashing... Bleh!!

VirtualWorldDynamics has nothing to worry about, frankly.

itou31 ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2018 at 3:19 AM

Hi everyone, I have some remark to be confirmed about "memory usage" at the bottom status of VWD. When import only g8f base with default parameters :

• on PC1 (64GB Ram + 1080Ti) : the "memory usage" is about 500MB
  • on PC2 (16GB Ram + ATi GPU) : the "memory usage" is about 100MB

So working on hair, the "memory usage" increase as expected in the same amount on the 2 PC. On PC1 if I go too high in springs, I have memory crash when reach about 1.3GB, so I have only 800MB dedicated to hair to play with.

What is your experience on "memory usage" ?

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2018 at 5:54 AM

Hello Ashfire45, For me DForce has been created for cloth poses and VWD has been created for all kinds of animations. We don't work on the same way. Thank you for encouragements, It warms the my heart.

Hello itou31, The memory usage will be the most important thing to explain in the video tutorials. Currently, I make some good simulations with hair having 350,000 or 400,000 vertices without any problems. Creating a 64 bits version could resolve the problem but I think it is better to keep the spring count lower than 20,000,000. You can make some tries by using the "Min distance" parameter. It is a magical function. For very dense hair, you can use a distance by neighborhood set to 0.5 and a Min distance set to 0.49. This will generate only efficient springs.

This week, I will generate a new version. This version will include the 5 collisions actors in GPU, the "Animated by host" function, the exportation to Daz Studio using a script (absolutely necessary for large hair). I will have to make a video to explain.

itou31 ( ) posted Thu, 14 June 2018 at 3:49 PM

Hi Gérald, OK, just test on my PC3, and "memory usage" is also different (depending on GPU memory ?). waiting your video about this aspect. Thanks for advice about Min distance. Playing with it reduce greatly memory usage.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sun, 17 June 2018 at 7:43 AM

Hello itou31,

currently, when I want to make test on an unknown asset, I make some tests. In future, the best way will be to have a test system which would allow to automatize this action.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Fri, 22 June 2018 at 6:01 AM

Hello,

I begin to think to a multi layers simulation. This will be very helpful in some cases.

I will give you some news soon.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2018 at 3:06 PM

I continue the developments before the starting of the Patreon project.

• Visualization of the normals.
  • Direct communication with Daz Studio.
  • Multi-layers (in progress) using collision objects.

I want to have a finalized version before starting this project. Then I will start the rewriting of the documentation.

Surody ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2018 at 7:25 PM · edited Sun, 24 June 2018 at 7:25 PM

Excuse me, I'm still asking my question about DForce. Some of you have made some very dynamic animations using it or can send me a link showing this kind of test?

I can generate one and awesome news! Can't wait to take a look at volumetric mesh simulations. I'm little bit busy currently so I'm more in the background but I try to read every comment under VWD.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Mon, 25 June 2018 at 4:13 PM

Hello Surody,

I just want to finish the current version and I will come back to you to start the Patreon project.

agape ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2018 at 11:35 PM

Gerard, is there a newer version than V1.1.522.3630? That was the last version you sent me in May of 2017. I bought directly from you so I am dependent upon you to send me updates.

Surody ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2018 at 11:45 PM

agape posted at 11:43PM Thu, 26 July 2018 - #4333791

Gerard, is there a newer version than V1.1.522.3630? That was the last version you sent me in May of 2017. I bought directly from you so I am dependent upon you to send me updates.

There's a newer version. Just write a mail to virtualworlddynamics@gmail.com and request a newer version. All updates are alpha/beta builds and nothing is a official release yet.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2018 at 11:56 AM

Hello agape,

I did not forgot all the direct buyers. Currently, the version can be considered as a Beta version.

I have you email, I can send you this version if you want. All the tests you will do on it will be fully welcome.

In all cases, I want to send the updated version to all the direct buyers at the end of September when the new documentation will be rewritten.

agape ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2018 at 12:34 PM

I can wait until the end of Sept, especially since the documentation is being rewritten and the new version has new functions. I didn't know if there had been anything new since I got the version last year.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.