Wed, Sep 4, 6:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Exporting L'Homme to ZBrush help

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 18 February 2020 at 9:01 AM · edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 4:03 AM

Hi,

Tried using the Export > ZBrush but the entire program crashed out so then thought I'd better try to get him just exported as a pure OBJ file but not sure what the settings should be when the export dialog comes up.

OH and the reason I wanted to use Poser's built in GoZ export is that when I sent him from Poser to ZBrush using Figure > Export Figure Mesh to GoZ there is something wrong with the mesh when it comes into ZBrush. When I'm making morphs most of the time I use the symmetry toggle in X orientation and what I'm finding is that when I'm zeroing into the middle of the figures middle the two dots are NOT lining up, there is an offset. This is keeping me from creating completely symmetrical morphs.

Example, if I'm trying to pull the lower lid down a bit I'll grab the lower lid on the left but the eyeball itself is selected on the right. That's not going to work for my work flow and keeps me from getting my work done correctly. So I thought by using the OBJ export method I'd see if this was still an issue when I import him into ZBrush. Since the GoZ export crashed out the program, which I'm not sure what's going on with that an OBJ export seems all that's left for me to try.

FYI: I am using the most up to date version of Poser and ZBrush

Thanks for any help in understanding this.

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

ghostman ( ) posted Tue, 18 February 2020 at 11:21 AM

Dunno how you have yr thing setup but the GoZ/Figure works great for me and he is in zero position and the symmetry works great for me in ZB.

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 18 February 2020 at 11:39 AM

Well I'm using the defaults for L'Homme, he's in a zero pose and the export is at defaults for exporting the figure for doing morphs!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

ghostman ( ) posted Tue, 18 February 2020 at 11:41 AM

I just tested twice and i still get it in zeroed and symmetry works for me. I'm using the L'Homme without the genital.

Join PoserLounge Chat

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 18 February 2020 at 11:46 AM

OK, zeroed out the rotations and indeed there was a bit of a strangeness to the zeroed pose or what I thought was a zeroed pose. It's OK now. Thanks for the hint that got me on the right path!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

ghostman ( ) posted Tue, 18 February 2020 at 11:46 AM

Great. Glad it worked out. :)

Join PoserLounge Chat

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 18 February 2020 at 2:55 PM

Still having issues. So I export it out to ZBrush using the Figures > Export Figure Mesh to GoZ and do my thing making my morph. I try to send it back to Poser and I keep getting "Import as a Prop" NO, I don't want to do that.

Here's the deal. I've been making morphs in ZBrush for YEARS now. I know the drill. BUT for some reason trying my hand at this via Poser is proving to be a bit daunting coming from DAZ Studio.

So my question is ... is L'Homme being exported with it's lowest poly count or what? There are no indications that I see that gives me options via the GoZ bridge. All it gives me are options for maps or body. I choose body and hit "Yes" and into ZBrush I go.

There are no hidden mesh groups when sending back, nothing is even masked to make sure that wasn't the issue. I know every program has it's ways of doing stuff so just wanted to make sure I was sending the mesh back as perfect as I can with just the new morph information.

The morph dial IS created by the way but it's not giving me any changes to L'Homme. The David morph I've created is quite different than L'Homme so I know I should see SOME changes.

It's funny, before my upgrade to the newest version of Poser I wasn't having any issues like this. I upgraded to get the GoZ bridge addition but it seems there may be an issue or a bug?? I don't know. I'm such an old newbie when it comes to this program, it's probably on my end!

HELP?

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 18 February 2020 at 2:56 PM

Oh and one more issue. ZBrush when importing the L'Homme mesh keeps asking me if I want to removed the hidden poly's. That makes me a bit nervous. What do I do about that dialog?

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

CHK2033 ( ) posted Wed, 19 February 2020 at 1:21 AM · edited Wed, 19 February 2020 at 1:23 AM

It may be a random thing, I just exported LaFemme via GoZ no issues sculpted sent back in to Poser and the dial was there and it worked..BUT I deleted the morph cranked up the SubD on LaFemme to 4 GoZ her back to zbrush, sculpted her sent her back to Poser the new morph dial was there ,,but did nothing, I closed Poser and did it again both ways (on subD 1 and on SubD 4 ) and both ways show up and work now ? so maybe a random bug?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Zbook 17 G6,  intel Xeon  64 GB of ram 1 TB SSD, Quadro RTX 5000 

RAMWorks ( ) posted Wed, 19 February 2020 at 9:03 AM

Not sure. Like I stated before upgrading to the newest version of Poser my back and forths to ZBrush and Poser were better and more reliable. Now this morph I made for L'Homme is coming back with a note to make it a prop and not a morph. Quite annoying considering I didn't have anything hidden, masked or anything.

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RAMWorks ( ) posted Wed, 19 February 2020 at 9:09 AM

I just did a comparison to both L'Homme and David (my morph) and look at the Mb's. Shouldn't be any difference. SO I know why it's not working but considering I didn't do anything outside what I normally do to any figure I'm making morphs for I don't understand how that can happen!

David VS L'Homme Mb's.png

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RAMWorks ( ) posted Wed, 19 February 2020 at 9:14 AM

Also I guess you guys didn't see my question about removing poly's upon import to ZBrush?

Here is the notice that pops up when I'm importing the L'Homme OBJ into ZBrush:

Answer Me This.png

Do I allow it to remove those or tell it no?

Thank you!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RAMWorks ( ) posted Wed, 19 February 2020 at 9:40 AM

So more trouble shooting. I think I must have said YES to removing unused vertices at one point. A working version of L'Homme that can go back and forth between Poser and ZBrush I guess has all the "unused" still there while my David morph I must have said yes remove them hence why Poser only will import him as a prop and why the Mb in the Properties boxes screenshot I uploaded are different. So currently I'm recreating the David FBM in hopes that this solves the issue.

So there remains the issue and question though, is there a way to for Poser coders to have the mesh exported to ZBrush without that pop up asking me that every time? From my research this bridge is considered an unsupported bridge as it wasn't created by Pixologic but instead the Poser folks!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

ghostman ( ) posted Wed, 19 February 2020 at 11:55 AM · edited Wed, 19 February 2020 at 11:56 AM

My steps when using Goz.
1: Export figure mesh to GoZ
2: Bake Results. Select Materials. ( Baking is good when making HD morphs on a subd mesh.)
3: Make morph.
4: make sure the right figure is selected in Poser then press Goz button in zbrush.
(if not the right figure is selected then it can happen that poser reads it as a prop.)
5: In poser name the morph.
For figures that use control chips i always hide those before i export.

Join PoserLounge Chat

RAMWorks ( ) posted Wed, 19 February 2020 at 12:54 PM

Yea, I have the chips hidden and saved as part of the scene preset when loading up Poser.

Bake results... you mean when I get into ZBrush bake? Not sure how to do that as I've never baked (unless your talking about a doobey! LOL )

The figure was selected in Poser when hitting the GoZ button back to Poser. I think there is something to that other concern I have when I IMPORT in an exported OBJ version of L'Homme that it's asking me to get rid of keep the hidden vertices.

I did do a test morph, as I think that L'Homme's hip rotations are still very feminine so sent that back to Poser and found that worked fine. BUT when I've tried to morph the entire body and face and send it back something happens to the figure in ZBrush to cause this strangeness!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

CHK2033 ( ) posted Wed, 19 February 2020 at 4:34 PM

This Bake results

zbrfush.jpg

HP Zbook 17 G6,  intel Xeon  64 GB of ram 1 TB SSD, Quadro RTX 5000 

caisson ( ) posted Wed, 19 February 2020 at 4:39 PM

'Bake results' is one of the options in the dialog that opens when you use the Figure menu command 'Export Figure Mesh to GoZ'. It means that the morph will affect the mesh at lower resolution levels. The key here is the Preview slider for the subdivision levels in the Properties tab for the figure. If this is set to 1 it means you will send the mesh to Zbrush with one level of subD. If you want to create a morph at higher resolution, set a higher subD level on the Preview slider then use the GoZ bridge. If you want to morph the base mesh only, set the slider to 0. Every level of subD quadruples the polygon count so be careful ;)

The 'delete unused vertices' dialog in Zbrush is what I get if I try exporting a figure from Poser to obj and then importing to Zbrush. Because of the way Poser handles skinning it creates extra vertices at body parts. I always use the GoZ bridge from the Figure menu to avoid this.

----------------------------------------

Not approved by Scarfolk Council. For more information please reread. Or visit my local shop.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Thu, 20 February 2020 at 11:08 AM

OK, thank you. BUT if I wanted to export and import into ZBrush via OBJ should one leave the extra poly's or tell ZBrush to remove them? I think I remember a LONG time ago when Genesis 1 was hitting and I remember getting that allot too.

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

caisson ( ) posted Thu, 20 February 2020 at 4:31 PM

Unfortunately, AFAIK the vertex count will be different to the original obj file whichever option you choose so the morph won't work regardless. That's why the advice I've seen has always been to use the original obj file for morphs rather than an export from Poser, and that's why the GoZ bridge is important.

----------------------------------------

Not approved by Scarfolk Council. For more information please reread. Or visit my local shop.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Thu, 20 February 2020 at 7:09 PM

AH.......... light comes on. The original OBJ file. BINGO. Thank you!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RAMWorks ( ) posted Thu, 20 February 2020 at 7:14 PM

Well crap, I don't find L'Homme OBJ. I found the OBJ for La'Femme in Geometries> RPublishing> LaFemme but no L'Homme. I found his genitals in that folder but no OBJ for him

LaFemme OBJ.png

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 20 February 2020 at 7:28 PM
Site Admin

L'homme is a morph of Lafemme. There is no separate obj for him

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

RAMWorks ( ) posted Thu, 20 February 2020 at 9:58 PM

Found that out but besides using the bridge to ZBrush ... how would one export a usable version of L'Homme. What if someone doesn't use ZBrush and want to make morphs for him in another program? Seems silly to keep the secrets from folks that want to support this shape!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 21 February 2020 at 6:26 AM
Site Admin

You could try the script here, https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2941309. It worked for me for blender. I don't remember if I tried it in zbrush

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 21 February 2020 at 9:06 AM

Thanks, I'll take a look-see!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

adp001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 February 2020 at 12:55 PM

RAMWolff posted at 7:54PM Fri, 21 February 2020 - #4381262

Thanks, I'll take a look-see!

Current version of the script does not support Sub-D.

adp001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 February 2020 at 4:09 PM

RAMWolff posted at 11:02PM Fri, 21 February 2020 - #4381016

Also I guess you guys didn't see my question about removing poly's upon import to ZBrush?

Here is the notice that pops up when I'm importing the L'Homme OBJ into ZBrush:

Answer Me This.png

Do I allow it to remove those or tell it no?

Don't remove anything. These vertices are leftovers from Poser while welding. They occupy a "slot" in the vertex-list and have to be preserved. That means, you have to make sure that your modeller outputs these "empty" vertices later and "preserves vertex order".

If you can make that sure, Poser will accept the morph (don't forget to scale input and output correctly).

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 21 February 2020 at 4:09 PM

Genesis always needs to be exported with no Sub D applied so exporting the figure at the lowest from Poser is something I'm used to. I'm not even sure where the Sub D controls are in Poser! I did look for them but couldn't find them!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

adp001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 February 2020 at 4:13 PM

RAMWolff posted at 11:10PM Fri, 21 February 2020 - #4381331

Genesis always needs to be exported with no Sub D applied so exporting the figure at the lowest from Poser is something I'm used to. I'm not even sure where the Sub D controls are in Poser! I did look for them but couldn't find them!

Select your figures Body actor. Look at the "Parameter Tab". To the right is another tab, named "Properties". Click this and you will find the sliders for subdivision.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 21 February 2020 at 5:40 PM

Hmm, I wonder, and I'm probably off here, but if I were to set up the figure at the lowest sub d and try that will I still run into the issues I was having? I've had this happen with Genesis 1 when I was doing morphs (WAY back when I was just getting started making morphs and using ZBrush on a regular basis). I'd do all this work and then find that DAZ Studio would only import it as a new figure or prop! Learning curve.....

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

adp001 ( ) posted Fri, 21 February 2020 at 6:26 PM · edited Fri, 21 February 2020 at 6:31 PM

RAMWolff posted at 1:21AM Sat, 22 February 2020 - #4381340

Hmm, I wonder, and I'm probably off here, but if I were to set up the figure at the lowest sub d and try that will I still run into the issues I was having? I've had this happen with Genesis 1 when I was doing morphs (WAY back when I was just getting started making morphs and using ZBrush on a regular basis). I'd do all this work and then find that DAZ Studio would only import it as a new figure or prop! Learning curve.....

The lowest SubD-Level is one. 0 means no Sub-D (original mesh). As soon as the mesh is welded (at any Level), those "empty" vertices will appear. This is part of the process and can't be avoided, if you wan't to use the mesh as a Poser morph.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 21 February 2020 at 6:49 PM

So your saying there is a way to take the figure all the way down to 0 with no sub divisions? Yea, I think I'll give that a try and see if importing as an OBJ would work directly from Poser! If not I'll pursue the script and see if that's the ticket!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sat, 22 February 2020 at 9:50 AM

Another something I tried. I attempted, MANY TIMES, to export L'Homme from Poser using the File> Export> ZBrush. Crashes the program EVERY TIME. It's gotta be a bug! I have all of L'Homme set to lowest, no Sub D applied. Crashy Crash McCrash happens every time!

OH and did export as an OBJ with all the Sub D zeroed out and it DOES come back into Poser but the morph info is a mess. I did a quickie "Enlarge Chest" and the results were ... The entire body just got larger, like freaky weird... still humanoid but just weirdly big! LOL That's a no go! ;-)~

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

ghostman ( ) posted Sat, 22 February 2020 at 11:59 AM

The misstake they did was to make L'Homme a morph of LaFemme, so making a morph on top of another morph is not easy. Bound for problems. Same goes for making clothes for him. Too much work to make anything for this dude.

Join PoserLounge Chat

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sat, 22 February 2020 at 4:14 PM

Oh dear. So I would guess make the clothing for La'Femme and then make a fit for the L'Homme morph..... might work pretty well. Probably why I've only seen dynamic clothing for him so far!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.