Sun, Sep 15, 1:56 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 13 6:20 am)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Two questions about skin maps

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sat, 06 June 2020 at 5:49 PM · edited Mon, 19 August 2024 at 5:15 AM

Hi,

Still busily working on a couple of characters for Poser. I have some maps I made a while back for a DAZ Studio version and they are very saturated. They look fine with the shaders I made in DAZ Studio but as some know, I'm still feeling my way around Poser's Material room.

So is there a way to desaturate the maps a bit with an additional node?

Also what should a map look like or what type of map should be plugged into the Physical Surface Scatter node inputs. See below.

Thanks so much

Richard ScatterNodes.png

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2020 at 1:48 AM · edited Sun, 07 June 2020 at 1:55 AM

Color Math: hsv node

Distribution values, probably modulated in each channel by a distribution map or maps generated by something like substance painter. The PhysicalSurface root's intent is being utilized with maps rather than nodes from my understanding. Only guessing on this answer though. Probably Chuck or Ted could answer more accurately.

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Mudbox 2022, Adobe PS CC, Poser Pro 11.3, Blender 2.9, Wings3D 2.2.5

My Freestuff and Gallery at ShareCG

ghostman ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2020 at 2:48 AM

The PhysicalSurface Root is for the PBR textures that is generated by Substance and Quixel and other programs that makes PBR textures. We asked for it in the early P11 beta at SM. It's made so that it's just to plugin the different PBR texture maps in a more direct and easy way.

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2020 at 5:30 AM

So I guess I guessed pretty good :)

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Mudbox 2022, Adobe PS CC, Poser Pro 11.3, Blender 2.9, Wings3D 2.2.5

My Freestuff and Gallery at ShareCG

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2020 at 9:39 AM

Not really understanding allot of that. I realize that it's for PBR but can be used for other things too so my main question was is there a math node or other node I can feed the texture maps through to desaturate them a bit from the color/diffuse channel hook up node?

I gave up on the scatter nodes as I think they work best with nothing attached to them. I was looking over an older thread over at Smith Micro using the scatter nodes to get that "behind the ear" lit effect via BagginsBill. So all I need is info on how to desaturate the maps, I know Photoshop is good for that but as I stated the maps are set up for DAZ Studio as well and the shader I have built there for the character looks fine. In Poser he looks like he got hit with an orange bomb and it's not the lighting, I've tried various lighting options and he still looks over saturated

Thanks so much Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2020 at 11:19 AM

As EldritchCellar mentioned in the above post, use the HSV node to control color and saturation. Plug the texture map into that and change the settings to something that will work for you.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2020 at 11:30 AM

Gracias!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sun, 07 June 2020 at 11:41 AM

OK, that works. Thanks so much! KEWL!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.