Mon, Jul 1, 10:49 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 01 8:27 pm)

Subject: How to get SkySphere to Work

APlusDesign ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2022 at 9:30 AM · edited Mon, 01 July 2024 at 7:12 PM

So...I'm pretty new to poser and one of things I don't understand how to get working is the SkySphere.

I recently bought a product that included the SkySphere and Terrain which I though was great since I didn't know how Skyspher worked I thought if I could just load in one that was purchased that would be amazing.

But....it's not working. And I'm assuming given my lack of experience with poser it is probably because of that as opposed to there be an issue with the product. I assume the background colour (brown) is somehow overriding the skysphere which I can see is there in the objs - called 'sky cube'. And even though it is a poser product, I can load in Daz 3d and yes the sky cub is for sure there with little clouds and everything on it but in poser I can see it as an item but i can't actually see it (everything looks brown in the sky). And when I did a test render (see below) sky is indeed brown instead of like it is supposed to be.

ulrKg6DvdXKFkWtyXJdqDDtCUM5Vv746EAZVHeUH.jpg

Here is the product I bought: https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/adventure-village/105000/

As you can see, the sky that is supposed to be there is not brown. Can anyone help me figure out what I am doing wrong? I can provide more details if you let me know what you need to know to help diagnose the issue. Much appreciated any help provided!

bVfSvC9zG0m0yqW4YyeQIkoEyrK2MM6X5aZtuKkJ.pngAEYFiYU9qF1iFjiP1GjL2TGDLxNknyhYiFZ6ITzc.png

bwldrd ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2022 at 10:32 AM

Check the yon value on your camera in poser, it may not be set far enough to render the skysphere.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider me insane if you wish, but is your reality any better?

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2022 at 11:00 AM

Although you didn't mention it, I am assuming you are using either P11 or P12.  In which case, did you hide the default construct first before applying the skysphere?  Otherwise you will need to provide more information on your workflow.

APlusDesign ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2022 at 8:30 AM · edited Wed, 29 June 2022 at 8:30 AM
hborre posted at 11:00 AM Mon, 27 June 2022 - #4440437

Although you didn't mention it, I am assuming you are using either P11 or P12.  In which case, did you hide the default construct first before applying the skysphere?  Otherwise you will need to provide more information on your workflow.

Thank you for your reply and assistance. I'm using P12. How do I hide the default construct? Forgive my slowness on this, I am quite new to poser.

APlusDesign ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2022 at 8:31 AM
bwldrd posted at 10:32 AM Mon, 27 June 2022 - #4440436

Check the yon value on your camera in poser, it may not be set far enough to render the skysphere.

Thank you for your suggestion. How far back would you recommend for me to set it to?

Rhia474 ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2022 at 8:32 AM

Hit Ctrl+G to hide construct.

VedaDalsette ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2022 at 10:24 AM

APlusDesign posted at 8:31 AM Wed, 29 June 2022 - #4440523

bwldrd posted at 10:32 AM Mon, 27 June 2022 - #4440436

Thank you for your suggestion. How far back would you recommend for me to set it to?
Yon defaults to 860. I've done 20,000 or more. Sometimes city props are really big and you might want to see well into the distance. You can try a couple thousand and see if that works. If not, keep increasing. I haven't found a limit, but I haven't needed to, I guess. And turn off your GROUND object's visibility as others suggested.

Here's an example. I just took an Environment sphere and rescaled it from 3000% to 55000%. The 860 yon in Main camera isn't enough to view the sphere, so I changed the yon a few times. Seems 1700 is enough to view the sphere.

W11,Intel i9-14900KF @ 3.20GHz, 64.0 GB RAM, 64-bit, GeForce GTX 4070 Ti SUPER, 16GB. 

Old lady hobbyist.

All visual art or fiction is "playing with dolls."

APlusDesign ( ) posted Sat, 02 July 2022 at 10:09 AM

Hi everyone! I tried turning off the ground's visibility but it was already off so that didn't help.

And zooming out didn't help either. The sky is still brown. I'm pretty sure it's the default sky colouring that poser has overriding the sky cube that was made for this product. Any idea how to turn that colouring off?

tCitinkCTKO914365jzlc9nrSNkGuXhb1IpdR0jJ.jpg

j1t7KkaB22UOllgKmKY07HOPHy47TaKKRRXpyjm5.jpg

Richard60 ( ) posted Sat, 02 July 2022 at 11:39 AM

Start a new scene, since this is going to remove everything to start with.  In the library click on Scenes-->Included-->poser 11 environments-->Poser 10 workspace.  This will remove the construct which is the ground and the dome and replace it with the flat ground plane that was the standard before SuperFly.  You should b able to then load your village and it should be good.

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 02 July 2022 at 11:47 AM

Unfortunately, there isn't much more information to go on to solve your issue.  If that is the default Poser background color then either the sphere is not present or invisible.  Those are features to check into relatively quickly.  Also, check if you need to load a background texture onto the sphere.  It would be unusual for the vendor not to provide a loaded image but things happen.  Going through the readme text provided on the webpage, I see no mention of a sky cube nor any prop associated with the background image.  That makes me believe that you may need to import the image to fill the background.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sat, 02 July 2022 at 12:00 PM

There is a DaySphere.jpg in the Textures folder of the product based on the ReadMe file which would be the image to load into a SkyPhere I assume. However, what I can't find in the product list is the actual SkySphere.

Which version of Poser are you using?

Richard60 ( ) posted Sat, 02 July 2022 at 1:34 PM

As hborre and Rhia474 said there appears to be no Skydome just an image. Fast question did you place all the props in the images you posted?  Or is there a pre-built scene that loaded it all in?  The read me file does not that say there is one or if there are more instructions on how to use the product.  If there is no skysphere in the props folder where the buildings etc. are then you are going to have to apply the background image yourself.  

To do that go to the material tab and select GROUND from the object picker, then select Background from material.  Right click in the open area and choose new node-->2D Textures-->image map.  There should be two boxes one says PoserSurface and the other Image_map.  On the Imag_map by the Image_Source click the word none and when the next dialog pops up press browse.  Go the file at "runtime\textures\dexsoft\Advanture Village and select the file day_sphere.jpg.  Finally on the Image_Map in tehupper left is a circle (connector) left click and hold that circle and drag it to PoserSurface and place it on the circle next to Diuse_Color.  A line should appear between the two.  Last step is to cick the colored box and change the color to White.  Now your image is on the background.

Richard60 ( ) posted Sat, 02 July 2022 at 1:43 PM

Going back to the OP you do state there is a skycube even though it is not listed in the readme.  So if you follow my first post and setup a Poser 10 workspace it should then show up.  Looking at some of you images it appears that some of the buildings are being cut off, most likely due to being at the Construct border.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 02 July 2022 at 5:14 PM · edited Sat, 02 July 2022 at 5:14 PM
Site Admin

You stated that you "zoomed out" the camera. That's not the same as changing the yon. The yon sets how far in the distance the camera can "see". Of your yon is set for 10 feet, no matter where you put your camera, it will only show things within 10 feet of it. It looks like there's a max of 100000.000 native poser units. I put in way more zeros than that and it reverted to that.

Here's where you find the yon in case your eyes work like mine and look everywhere but where something is even if it's right in front of me.

Another thing you can try is to shrink the skysphere to something just before the camera and see if it shows in renders. That should tell us if it is the camera or the sky.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

APlusDesign ( ) posted Wed, 06 July 2022 at 9:51 AM · edited Wed, 06 July 2022 at 9:52 AM

RedPhantom posted at 5:14 PM Sat, 2 July 2022 - #4440662

You stated that you "zoomed out" the camera. That's not the same as changing the yon. The yon sets how far in the distance the camera can "see". Of your yon is set for 10 feet, no matter where you put your camera, it will only show things within 10 feet of it. It looks like there's a max of 100000.000 native poser units. I put in way more zeros than that and it reverted to that.

Here's where you find the yon in case your eyes work like mine and look everywhere but where something is even if it's right in front of me.

xKfy6MhutM3DDwMOYEzvvdPSItAJKr2DoBHD7lpg.JPG

Another thing you can try is to shrink the skysphere to something just before the camera and see if it shows in renders. That should tell us if it is the camera or the sky.

Oh snap, I just thought you made a typo! I had no idea yon was actually a thing.

And adjusting the yon worked! I'm in tears with happiness!

Thank you and everyone else for so much help into this! This is now working for me and I've learned quite a few new things about poser!

My latest test (proving adjusting the yon was what I needed :) )

Key1Ysvrp9Bogjn0SVn8KeSFKqBIdEJd0nahzity.jpg

ghostship2 ( ) posted Wed, 06 July 2022 at 1:59 PM

as an alternate to this you could use the background node with an HDRI as your sky/lighting. you'll get real looking sunlight with shadows

XVy4WjFnvD9uOAicI6MtZcg3EL6HNN12e93O4kAP.jpg

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

ghostship2 ( ) posted Wed, 06 July 2022 at 2:03 PM

another example227oEbAfEcJCTHwPZUPbXuTj2GYMPY9ZCB3qaTW1.jpg

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Wed, 06 July 2022 at 3:27 PM

=P

SLaQ9cBeXAwF6nLFHpXTVNUrhAJPhW47Zn3lGyDe.jpg

ghostship2 ( ) posted Wed, 06 July 2022 at 7:29 PM

@TwizztidKidd too much time on your hands

APlusDesign ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2022 at 9:26 AM

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll have to try it out later. Lots for me to learn as all very new to poser still :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.