Fri, Jun 28, 6:56 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / La Femme 2

Welcome to the La Femme 2 Forum

Forum Moderators: Kalypso, JacquelineJ

(Last Updated: 2024 Jun 27 11:03 pm)

Subject: both ladies save how?

drawn ( ) posted Fri, 08 March 2024 at 4:43 PM · edited Thu, 27 June 2024 at 4:05 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

these are 2 figures LF2 and they've become characters in my story. after all shaping is done, I want to save them back to Figures category under their new names, as characters under LF2.

How may I do that? I do not understand the Manual on this subject...

donTVJ8NHub9q8QfP3gDAQCAUugU9WmA5WepONPr4Qk.png

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 08 March 2024 at 7:55 PM
Site Admin

1 Select one of the figures.

2 in the library, navigate to figures tab and the folder where you want to save her.

3. in the lower left of the library, hit the plus button

4 a window will pop up that will say New Set.

5 in the set name box give your character a name. You might use the name from the story

6 the 3 checkboxes are optional. If you haven't created any of these, you can leave them blank.

7 hit OK

8 Next you may get a window saying "This figure is part of a compound figure grouping. Do you want to save the whole group or just the individual figure?" if you choose whole group, it will save the figure and everything conformed to it. If you only want the figure, choose individual. It doesn't look like you have anything conformed to the two in the picture, except maybe the hair so you may not see this

9 You should see your new figure show up in the library.

10 repeat for the other figure

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

drawn ( ) posted Fri, 08 March 2024 at 8:23 PM

Thanks for the clear instructions Red

now if you could spell out the proper way to get them into dynamic clothes and do the animation as well,…

don

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 08 March 2024 at 11:14 PM

What specific problems are you having with the dynamic clothing and LF2?  Does it involve LF dynamic clothing fitting LF2?  It appears that you still do not entirely understand how to work with the content in the Cloth Room environment.  Outline where you are having those issues; there are enough individuals in the forum that can guide you through the process.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2024 at 8:15 AM · edited Sat, 09 March 2024 at 9:45 AM
Site Admin
Here's a step by step on using the cloth room.

1 load figure

2 move to frame fifteen. If it’s an extreme pose with lots of movement, you might want to use a higher frame.

3 Pose and morph figure.

4 check to make sure no body parts are intersecting with other body parts. Do this for every frame.

5 If your figure is sitting or leaning on something, make sure that isn’t intersecting with the figure too.

6 load clothing

7 open cloth room

8 click on new simulation

9 Name your simulation. This is optional but it’s a good idea to get into the habit of doing if you are using more than one piece of dynamic clothing

10 check any or all of the Additional cloth collision options you want. I usually do all of them for the best draping.

11 hit okay

12 hit clothify

13 select the piece of clothing you want to drape and hit the clothify button. (tip. If you have the clothing selected in the scene already, it will suggest it and you can just hit clothify)

14 click collide against

15 hit add remove

16 select your figure and anything else you want to collide with the clothing such as the floor for long dresses or a chair

17 uncheck any parented props that you don’t want colliding with your clothing. And uncheck the hair. Poser will try to put the clothing outside the hair.

18 hit okay

19 you may want to lower the collision offset and the collision depth. These tell how far away from the figure the clothing sits. I usually put mine at 0.1 but many find that too extreme. It’s a matter of preference.

20 hit calculate simulation.

21 wait. Depending on your computer and how high poly the clothing is, this may take a while.

22 if you want to repose your figure, repeat steps 3, 4, 5, and 20

I'll try to post some tips and troubleshooting later but family may need my attention today so it may take a while

As hborre said, if you are having specific problems, ask so we can address that

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Varnayrah ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2024 at 8:59 AM

Is the Clothroom masterclass by Esha still available somewhere? That one really explains much about the clothroom from basic to advanced...

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2024 at 9:04 AM
Site Admin

It's over at Daz

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2024 at 9:57 AM

Here is a link with some tricks and tips for the Cloth Room:

How to get the most out of Poser's dynamic clothing - Renderosity

Tipol ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2024 at 10:00 AM
hborre posted at 9:57 AM Sat, 9 March 2024 - #4482318

Here is a link with some tricks and tips for the Cloth Room:

How to get the most out of Poser's dynamic clothing - Renderosity

I had already posted it with 2 other links, I don't know if Drawn had looked at them.

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2024 at 10:59 AM

Thanks for reminding me about those posts.  It's hard to judge whether Drawn got any new information from them due to the lack of response and additional specific questions.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2024 at 10:59 AM
Site Admin

The videos in the link hborre posted are good

here are some troubleshooting tips in case it's not all covered

1.    Clothing falls off the shoulder or waist.
a.    Click on edit constrained group
b.    Everything will turn gray and the group editor pallet will pop up
c.    Drag over the edge of clothing to select vertices (they will turn red) You only need a thin line
d.    There are 2 selection methods, marquee and draw. You can choose which you prefer from the dropdown menu that looks like a box on the group editor pallet
e.    Make sure you don’t select vertices on the back of the clothing. If you do, click on the minus button and deselect them
f.    Run simulation again

2.    Decorations such as bows or buttons fall off as the simulation runs

a.    Click on either edit soft decorated group or edit rigid decoration group depending on if you want the item to bend or stay stiff
b.    Add decoration to the group using the same method as adding to the constrained group
c.    Everything will turn gray and the group editor pallet will pop up
d.    Drag over the edge of clothing to select vertices (they will turn red) You only need a thin line
e.    There are 2 selection methods, marquee and draw. You can choose which you prefer from the dropdown menu that looks like a box on the group editor pallet
f.    Make sure you don’t select vertices on the back of the clothing. If you do, click on the minus button and deselect them
g.    If you’re lucky the decoration has its own material and you can add it by clicking on the add menu and choose material and find the material for the decoration. This will select the whole decoration
h.    Once you’ve added everything you need, run the simulation again

3.    Cloth is bunching or pinching
a.    You have two collision items intersecting with the cloth caught between them and Poser doesn’t know what to do with the cloth
b.    Check all the frames for intersections. Sometimes body parts move to their final location in unexpected ways so even though a hand might be far from the body, it might go through the body on its way. In the frame with the problem move the intersecting body part away from the body.
c.    You may want to hide the clothing so you can see the figure

4.    Clothing is flapping wildly or doesn’t settle fully
a.    There aren’t enough frames for the simulation
b.    Flapping wildly means you need to more frames before the pose. Extreme poses and large movements often need more time to get into position.
c.    To add more frames select the figure you’re working with
d.    Go to Animation>retime animation
e.    Make sure only your figure is selected rather than everything
f.    Set source frames at 1 to whatever frame where you posed the figure
g.    Then set the destination frames to 1 to a higher frame, usually 10 frames works for me but it depends on the cloth and the movement. You may need to experiment
h.    Click okay.
i.    Repeat for other things you want to collide with the clothing
j.    If you need to add more frames at the end to allow the cloth to settle go into the cloth room and make sure you have the correct simulation selected (assuming you have more than one)
k.    Click on simulation settings
l.    Change the end frame to a higher number. I usually work in multiples of 15 but it’s subjective.
m.    If needed, add more frames to the poser scene in the animation pallet
n.    Run the simulation again. You may need to experiment with this as it is dependent on your dynamic control settings and the movement of the figure

5.    You get poke through on fingers, toes, or other small items
a.    The mesh of the clothing isn’t dense enough (too few polygons)
b.    Increase the collision offset and collision depth

drawn ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2024 at 11:01 AM

REd, thanks for the step by step instructions. I followed them closely. the jeans I wanted to clothe her with slowly dropped until it reached frame 15...then nothing., I missed something...

jbrYcbLOfTth1l1hRGSEyOQfnygiEjLm5i12f7mp.png

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2024 at 11:18 AM

Are there any poke-throughs in frame 1 of the simulation?  You may need to add constrains to the waist of the jeans.  Also, let me point out that the pose for the figure on the right is off on the right leg.  Knees do not bend backward like that.

drawn ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2024 at 12:17 PM

holy stuff. I've seen those totes the others mention, I like the Swedish lady but have to turn on cc: because her "clothify" comes out as "clarify" and I'm a simple lad.

but again I thought, her demo of draping a lady started out with the garment already on her and I can't seem to get that effect, the garment sits off to the side...

cPLncMPrYSDHVGUIjyO49SxB0s6BkN0qtl2zot6R.png

and it 'drapes' and ends like this...

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2024 at 12:31 PM
Site Admin

show us a screenshot of the first frame. Sometimes we see something you wouldn't think to mention. The more information you give, the better chance we have of finding the problem and helping you fix it

drawn ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2024 at 2:02 PM · edited Sat, 09 March 2024 at 2:02 PM

yv5mVOydYHp7na6Wh1ISkD4lyaiPUPuoyoblREdU.pngthis is the first frame, as you see the sweater does not go on her body, and as I simulate draping, it THINKS it's on her bod but stays where it is and moves as if her body is moving. WTH?

drawn

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2024 at 2:29 PM
Site Admin

The shirt needs to be in the same location as she is. I'm assuming you moved her over so you would need to move the shirt over the same amount.

drawn ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2024 at 2:34 PM

Nope, she stayed still and I loaded the shirt and it only appeared next to her, same with the jeans.  I'm worn out trying ideas. I tried to Parent sweater to her but that don't work neither.

{Warning: Bad Grammar}

drawn ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2024 at 3:31 PM

I tried the fitting room and it looks good there:

N1alVVqQjwvSCTMaH9cZbDhl5KJvMA9MqxeoG0AC.pngbut returning to pose room, see this:

fi3TE0QXre3uv9Cs8vSRBNgJQf039UqdTTWckLDk.pngHelp plz!

drawn

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2024 at 3:55 PM

This means that when you saved your figure to the Poser Library, she was not in the default zero position.  Go into the Parameters/Properties palette, select the Parameters tab, and ensure that the xTran, yTran, and zTran settings are set to 0 degrees.  This is very important because when you load the sweater it should appear in the same location as the figure.  You cannot run a Cloth simulation as you show in the screencap.  Even if the clothing is parented to the figure, the simulation will fail.  Clothing must overlap the figure in frame 1 of the simulation.  At worst, you will need to translate (move) either figure or clothing, as long as there isn't a pose applied.  

If you navigate to the taskbar, under the Figure menu, there are 2 settings, Zero Rotations and Zero Figure.  When you want to restore the figure to a default T- or A- position, you use the Zero Rotations; this will zero all joint rotations from a pose.  If you want to reset your morph and figure to a default position, you use the Zero Figure.  Use this with caution, it will wipe out any morph settings, including custom morphs, applied to the figure.  This is not practical if you created a custom morph and did not save it back to the Poser Library.  But we are getting ahead of ourselves.  

If the prop needs to be set to the zero position, navigate to Edit on the Taskbar and select Restore>Object.  This should place the Sweater into its default position as specified by its internal settings.

I suggest reloading both the figure and sweater as above and if they appear like the screencap, apply the corrective action as I outlined in the comment.  Let us know how it turns out.

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2024 at 3:57 PM · edited Sat, 09 March 2024 at 3:57 PM
drawn posted at 3:31 PM Sat, 9 March 2024 - #4482333

I tried the fitting room and it looks good there:

N1alVVqQjwvSCTMaH9cZbDhl5KJvMA9MqxeoG0AC.pngbut returning to pose room, see this:

fi3TE0QXre3uv9Cs8vSRBNgJQf039UqdTTWckLDk.pngHelp plz!

drawn

You do not need the Fitting Room for this.  Refer to my post above.

drawn ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2024 at 5:55 PM

good shot, Red but it missed the mark. screenshots show what happened when I hit drape..

pOou0FqogIExYD4mwRD6pDwAA1fiyB8hxI0GEhRl.png

sweater slid down and ended up inches below her: I moved her down a bit and raised sweater a tad to show them in one shot. What now O wise one?

mmyxPl97QIw2WWXJAdkrxPblveH1DbeonmhYervo.png

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2024 at 6:06 PM

The screenshot of your sweater shows that the dynamics setting is set to zero.  It should be set to 1.  Did you set your collisions?  

drawn ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2024 at 6:35 PM

I tried again, zero figure, no movement from one frame to another, except change pose by 30, then loaded boho dress and that looked good at first, but apply drape started dropping dress again, so I took first position and last position shots:

lcoPgPQqzlNM2ePJ6ctQvVVBGXqc0lwEQUwFVjHP.pngwYqSp0LL06oLLNvGEwpkkIsafCDlIH2A7aEYjsLR.pngI simply ...words fail me.

draWN

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2024 at 7:57 PM
Site Admin

It looks like you're not telling it to collide with the figure

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2024 at 9:27 PM · edited Sat, 09 March 2024 at 9:27 PM

After you have set up your simulation in the Cloth Room, proceed to Cloth Objects section and clothify the sweater through the Clothify... Button.  The screencap below identifies the buttons you should be clicking.

V1sBW5qmriU1FkHltHCRaOcjSYtMONwMhLiZy5m2.png

After the clothing item is selected, exit the Clothify panel and proceed to the Collide Against... button.  With the Cloth Collision Objects panel open, click on the Add/Remove button to select the collision object, in this case, it's the LaFemme2 Figure.  The screencap below will show what to expect when you open each panel.

Jsas4c4BswILbLAVURV9ogxkOLeVtRamIdEnYjOW.png

This is how you create a fitting simulation for both the figure and clothing.  If you are following any tutorial video on the Cloth Room, this is exactly the procedure you should be following to get a successful simulation.  

Please acknowledge that this is what you are doing.  I agree with RedPhantom, there appears to be no collision set for either the sweater or the dress.  That is why the clothing is not fitting during the simulations.  My suggestion is to attempt to master the basics first before you begin introducing poses and morphs; learn to simulate a simple fit.  Once you have mastered running a successful cloth simulation with various clothes items, experiment and refine your procedures.

drawn ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2024 at 10:30 PM · edited Sat, 09 March 2024 at 10:30 PM

ok guys, that works, thank you, for the first frame...

LUzxcB0xCxWnQs7CORAej0iiVDOSNZ5sAH0kc4z1.pngthen falls apart when she shifts to a new position...

qZv6dqCNiUraMGrXdkLygPGybu2FPnV6Ja7xVrQX.pngbelieve me, I'm extremely grateful to have an important achievement, and thank you both. Red, I'm glad you're alive and I and hb are too!

But, the first time I worked with the dress on another model, it behaved through several transitions to a new pose. I think I did something for each new pose but can't remember what it was at this time but somehow that will come to me as I work. thank you again and I think we better end this LONG discussion now.

don/drawn

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 10 March 2024 at 5:38 AM

Apply the pose at frame 30 and then calculate the simulation.  The dress will not fit the figure automatically without calculating the simulation.  It is expected to see the dress not move when applying the pose in the final frame.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 10 March 2024 at 7:52 AM
Site Admin

One other thought. You had 2 Lafemmes in the scene in an earlier screenshot. If there are still 2, did you check the collisions for the correct figure?

drawn ( ) posted Sun, 10 March 2024 at 9:00 AM

Good point, I did have two lf2 gals, mom and daughter, and I learned to be careful about that. One reason I’d like to rename them. Lf2 and lf2.1 are 2 close each other. 

Drawn

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 10 March 2024 at 2:46 PM · edited Sun, 10 March 2024 at 2:46 PM
Site Admin

Changing the name is easy

click on the properties tab

where you see the name, double click it.

then you can type a new name

can become

And then Susan will show up anywhere rather than Lafemme2. You can also double click the name in the hierarchy window to change it.

If you look at the list, you won't see Lafemme2 but all 4 women are Lafemme2. I renamed them to keep them straight

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.