Fri, Jun 28, 6:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 27 5:51 pm)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: is there converter l'homme 1 to l'homme 2?

drawn ( ) posted Thu, 18 April 2024 at 11:42 AM · edited Fri, 28 June 2024 at 3:24 AM

I've got a l'homme 1 character and the clothes I want to put him in (cowboy, etc.) are apparently only for l'homme 2?

is there some way around or over or through this?

drawnRZPgHmWGsxvQroxX8R01H4elw57EF6tLLcA1EB9J.png

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 18 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

L'Homme 2 has not been officially released. You are likely referring to L'Homme Pro, which is the original L'Homme augmented with additional content in the package. Currently, clothing is designed to fit both models seamlessly.

drawn ( ) posted Thu, 18 April 2024 at 1:25 PM

then why won't some clothing props show up when I look for them? no l'homme jeans, or cowboy stuff?

drawn

drawn ( ) posted Thu, 18 April 2024 at 1:32 PM · edited Thu, 18 April 2024 at 1:32 PM

SRbVPBeEY37tM1Yz4i4pVLTFOtJYT4f5vt9iNlkG.pngwhy won't these jeans conform?

drawn

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 18 April 2024 at 2:04 PM

Dynamic jeans require processing in the Cloth Room. Are you familiar with the operation of the Cloth Room?

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Thu, 18 April 2024 at 2:38 PM · edited Thu, 18 April 2024 at 2:41 PM

Drawn, I don't mean to be rude, but this is like the third time I've posted a similar response to your questions. You appear to be asking the same questions over and over. If I were you, I would save browser bookmarks to the pages that give you the answers the first time. 

To repeat ... Poser has TWO types of clothing. Conforming, and Dynamic.

Conforming clothing appears in the Character library, which is the first icon in the library palette that looks like a person.  Conforming clothing must be conformed to the figure that it was created for (example: Victoria 4 clothing conforms to Victoria 4). You CAN get it to work with other figures, but you need to convert it with a utility like Crossdresser first.

DYNAMIC clothing appears in the PROPS library, which you have selected in your previous screen shot.  DYNAMIC clothing DOES NOT CONFORM to a figure. You need to select the clothing, and choose Object > Change Parent to attach it to the figure. THEN, you need to use the Cloth Room to fit it to the character.

The best place to start in the Poser Documentation for dynamic clothing is here:

Using Dynamic Clothing with Morphs

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Thu, 18 April 2024 at 2:44 PM

Wait I forgot to add one thing.

More recent clothing released by Renderosity appears in the PROPS library, regardless of whether or not it is conforming or dynamic.  For this clothing you have to pay attention to the icon on the library thumbnail.  If the icon is a PERSON, the clothing is conforming.  If the icon is a HAT, the clothing is dynamic.

drawn ( ) posted Thu, 18 April 2024 at 2:48 PM

"Conforming clothing appears in the Character library, "

"DYNAMIC clothing appears in the PROPS library,"

ah-hah! sorry DC about repetitive questions. I did have a deja vu feeling but I'm tired and weary from struggling...but I did not know your statements above. thanks, very helpful. I will remember that, I hope!

drawn

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 18 April 2024 at 3:09 PM
Site Admin

There’s a lot to learn in Poser. You might want to get a notebook and keep it near your computer and take notes until you’ve done something enough times you remember it 

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

drawn ( ) posted Thu, 18 April 2024 at 4:00 PM

For the most part I’m only going to put conforming clothing in my Favorites because dynamic stuff while attractive isn’t withholding the trouble because I move my characters a lot!

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 18 April 2024 at 4:35 PM

Before opening Poser, it's recommended to visualize your scene. Consider what content you've installed and decide how to construct your set. Will the clothing on the models be conforming or dynamic?  Will the conforming clothing fit your morphed figure without adjustments?  Do you have the necessary skills to solve the problems that may occur when posing your figures, lighting the set, and rendering your final image?  Can you handle the issues that might arise when positioning your figures, setting up lighting, and creating your final image using Poser? This process involves fixing problems and learning new techniques. It's admirable that you're investing in your dream of telling a story through illustration with Poser. However, be aware that using the software comes with a learning curve. Consider RedPhantom's advice and keep a notebook to jot down everything you learn.

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Thu, 18 April 2024 at 7:28 PM

Both RedPhantom and hborre are giving good advice there. Take things one step at a time, following their advice. Take lots of notes too. 8-)

You may be trying to accomplish too many things at once and that might be part of the reason you are having a hard time retaining information. Try to slow down a little and learn one thing at a time.

drawn ( ) posted Fri, 19 April 2024 at 2:39 PM

ok, good folks, I realize the truth of what you say: I started a notebook. but I thot the hat is for conforming> the figure is for dynamic?

drawn

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 19 April 2024 at 3:50 PM

If the hat is a prop, it doesn't become a dynamic item. You may need to manually place it on the model's head, or it will automatically adjust to the correct position.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 19 April 2024 at 4:44 PM
Site Admin
@hborre he's referring to the icon on the thumbnails.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 19 April 2024 at 4:45 PM
Site Admin
drawn posted at 2:39 PM Fri, 19 April 2024 - #4483804

ok, good folks, I realize the truth of what you say: I started a notebook. but I thot the hat is for conforming> the figure is for dynamic?

drawn

You have it backwards. the hat is for props and dynamic clothes. The figure is for conforming.

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Fri, 19 April 2024 at 4:53 PM · edited Fri, 19 April 2024 at 4:55 PM

drawn posted at 2:39 PM Fri, 19 April 2024 - #4483804

drawn

Nope, the opposite.  Look at the icons in the top row of the Library palette and hover over them. The first icon (for the character library) is a PERSON.  The library thumbnail for conforming figures also has a little person on it. Think of it this way. A base figure (the "person" icon) is a character. Characters are made up of different bones or body parts that are poseable. In order for conforming clothing to work, it must have exactly the same body parts, bones, and bone positions that the base figure does. This is the main reason that conforming clothing only works on the figure that it was created for unless it is converted with a third party utility.

That's the basic difference.  Does it have bones? If yes, it's conforming. If no, it's a prop. 

Now ... hover over the HAT icon above the library, and you'll see the word "Props" appear. Until fairly recently, clothing that appeared in the Props library was primarily dynamic clothing or other props like hats or jewelry or other things that don't need bones to pose them. Some props like hats and bracelets and such only need to be positioned properly and then "attached" to the figure with the Object > Change Parent command. Other props, like clothing and dresses that don't have bones, will need to be attached with the Object > Change Parent command and then simulated in the cloth room to flow properly. It should be obvious that the "Cozy Dress" shown as a prop in the library will need to be simulated in the cloth room.

IhImbNk76U0tUHjyc13bls3EQwcnThYkHxuwSUmn.png

drawn ( ) posted Fri, 19 April 2024 at 5:13 PM

wow, that's a lotta notes!

d

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 19 April 2024 at 5:18 PM
RedPhantom posted at 4:44 PM Fri, 19 April 2024 - #4483806
@hborre he's referring to the icon on the thumbnails.
My bad.  Misread the statement.

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Fri, 19 April 2024 at 5:24 PM

drawn posted at 5:13 PM Fri, 19 April 2024 - #4483810

wow, that's a lotta notes!

d

You'll get there!

Does the clothing have bones?

--- If yes, it's conforming clothing.  The library icon will have a figure icon that looks like a person.

--- If no, it's a prop. Props do not have bones. The library icon will have a hat icon if it's a prop.  Props are not poseable, and are always created around a figure that is in its default position and pose. In order to use them on a posed figure you will need to create a simulation in the cloth room, unless it's a simple prop like a hat which won't really need bones.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.