Wed, Sep 18, 12:48 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Need Help adding new texuters to Bryce

Dark_Raven ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2002 at 10:13 AM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 3:13 AM

Can anyone help me a little here, I go to material editor select import a new jpg i want to use for a texture and nothing happens, now I read somewhere that cube in the preview must be set to white and maybe im not doing it right but when i try to add my new jpg to make it a mat file nothing happens. Also one more question while i have your attention say I creat a building in Bryce and I want to do detail window textures, how do I need to do that do I need to export the whole building into UVMapper or what, if you can explain that process to me as well I be your new friend...:-) Dark_Raven

Rochr ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2002 at 3:20 PM

file_25854.jpg

You cant import a jpeg from the materials editor window! Use this small tutorial to add a jpeg as a texture!

Then, while the object is selected, go to the material editor a nd click "ADD".

That will make the jpeg to .mat!

Hope this helps!

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

Colette1 ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2002 at 11:18 PM

file_25855.jpg

Hey this is great I was wondering how to do this too! Thanks. Now if I could just figure out how to get the print to wrap around the mug I'd be in business(figure of speech):))

dampeoples ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2002 at 11:19 PM

Question about the .jpg's being turned into .mat's. Is there a way to add more than one at the time? Or a limit to the number I could install

Colette1 ( ) posted Thu, 03 October 2002 at 11:22 PM

Now that I am looking at the picture here you can't see the shadows from the letters too well, does anyone know how to get them to "wrap" around the cup?

johnpenn ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 12:40 AM

Colette, In Rochr's "mini-tute" where it says Parametric, change that to Cylindrical and it will wrap. There's a bunch of options, and they're good to play with. But I think cylindrical will do what you want.

johnpenn ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 12:41 AM

dam peoples, instead of clicking "Load" to add a texture, click one of the empty boxes instead. You can load a bunch (one at a time) that way.

Zhann ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 5:00 AM

Thanks for the info guys, it is appreciated! :>

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

Rochr ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 5:23 AM

Clicking on the empty boxes does work for the first frame, but youll still have to load frame 2( transmaps etc)! Of course, you can also use copy/paste, but its just a basic tutorial... :)

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

Aldaron ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 7:33 AM

Collette, are the letter part of the image or are they an object?

Colette1 ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 9:37 AM

The words are a separate object made in Elefont. It works great on flat objects as I can place it so close to something you can't see the shadows,

Rochr ( ) posted Fri, 04 October 2002 at 12:13 PM

No need to be "crazy" by yourself, im with you there... :) Havent counted my mat-files, but its somewhere around that amount...+ a couple of cds filled with "good to have"-mats... :)

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

Zhann ( ) posted Sat, 05 October 2002 at 12:24 AM

I have 5 cds full, everywhere I visit I always check for files to download :}...

SevenOfEleven ( ) posted Sun, 06 October 2002 at 3:14 PM

Unless you are doing a skyscraper with lots of glass windows, I would be careful with using texture maps to simulate windows. If you texture map the whole building with a high tiling value, it looks kinda lame. All the windows look exactly alike and/or they are too close together. Might be better to make floors and use a similar set of textures for each floor.

Zhann ( ) posted Tue, 08 October 2002 at 1:22 AM

Was that a hiccup?...:)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.