Sat, Sep 21, 7:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Did the mothership come...

Ironbear ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 10:16 PM

One phrase of widom: "Plastic keyboard covers". Just ask Diao. I think she's already had to replace two keyboards so far after reading in the Tavern. ;]

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

Ironbear ( ) posted Fri, 27 December 2002 at 10:34 PM

Hrmmm... in the ". You know you're addicted to Renderosity when..." and the "This is just a thought..about gallerys" threads, JDexter? Interesting. I also got a hit on that search from a 2000 thread on copyrights, and I can't figure out why that one came up in the search. Nothing in the thread met the search criteria at all. Yah. I agree with you - past postings and posting styles are the best telltales. Just a matter of watching and putting them together. I can count the number of people on the net who can switch to a new personae and not lose consistency or leave telltales back to their others on one hand with fingers left over - and that over 15+ years of watcing various forums and BBS's. ;] There's not many of them.

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

BillyJ ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 1:13 AM

Interesting. You actually think I am someone else then? Is that it? That is a weird summation. As far as I know, I am Billy James. Is this all some new form of turning substance to liquid? I guess that's a very easy way to make someone sound very lame around here, just accuse them of being someone else and be done with it. I assure you, I am Billy James, (at least last time I looked in my mirror), and I have no clue what you people are going on about here. It might be real fun playing this kind of game, I just wish I wasn't in the center of it all, it makes me feel kind of weird, if you know what I mean.

Badco ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 1:27 AM

I think you guys owe BJ an apology. Acusing him of not being who he really is ! Sheeeeesh ! I can kind of understand their point of view just a little bit, BJ. I do know of a way that you can prove who you are. If you have a credit card with your face and signature on it, scan it and post it, then we will know for sure !:^>

BillyJ ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 2:01 AM

I did like the sarcasm around here to a degree, but now it is getting tiresome and rather personal. I WAS under the impression this was a friendly artistic site, I am really beginning to wonder why I thought this now while I converse among some of you people. I am actually sorry that I even began to post on these forum discussion boards, because if this is how folks are treated around here by the members, I really don't want no part of this whatsoever. I feel bad for the folks that run this place, because now I can understand exactly what they have to endure from some of you here, any wonder things are the way they are. And you people have the adacity to complain about the staff here?? Look at the way some of you folks treat new members!!

JDexter ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 4:02 AM

IB, you got the hit on the copyrights thread because someone said BillyJoeBob in the message text. It had me confused for a minute there too. BJ, considering the adversarial tone you took from the very first post, don't take offense to people questioning who you really are. Most newbies that I have seen posting don't usually start off their posting careers that way. JDexter

Spiritbro77 ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 9:41 AM

Ok BJ since your new here, Ill give you the benifit of the doubt, If you really are a newbie here you gotta know that sometimes the ADMIN here use clone accounts to post to the fora in disguise. Since you have taken the stance that staff are always right and can do no wrong, some of us assume that you might be part of said staff and are using a clone account.Its not personal, and if you are who you say you are then sorry bout that.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 9:48 AM

c'mon guys... at least he has gallery images up now (heh.) He (!?) sounds a lot like Audre, and a lot of the semantics fit real well, but I ain't laying any cash down just yet... I wanna see a few more posts first. /P

Badco ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 10:45 AM

Probably won't be any more posts Peng ! He/she sounds like you have hurt her/his feelings by being big meanies and that now, he/she is going to take his/her ball and go home ! If he/she says that we will, "rue the day", I'm just gonna roflmao...................

Penguinisto ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 11:58 AM

"rue the day"... LOL! Err, who talks like that anymore? :) /P

Badco ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 12:34 PM

"Err, who talks like that anymore? :)" Verily not I !:^>

tuttle ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 1:38 PM

Withnail

SpectreOfDesire ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 2:13 PM

I'm not a very established member of this community, and when I do post something it's hardly on the level of most artists here. But I just want to make one comment, and take this as it's meant, as politely as possible. Mosca and the others who are so bent on getting an answer from the admins about the AOY: Just hush, and enjoy the holiday. It won't kill you to take a breather and relax, and let your blood pressure drop again. Let the admins enjoy their holiday as well. That's my two cents. Flame me all you want about it, if you must. But really, I think you're overreacting.

Ironbear ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 2:22 PM

"I guess that's a very easy way to make someone sound very lame around here, just accuse them of being someone else and be done with it." Nope. I love a good argument, boy - I just like to know who I'm arguing with. 'Course, I guess a keyphrase there is "good argument". I'll tell you why I'm certain you're not what you're pretending to be, without once telling what the giveaway is: you have a consistent telltale in your postings that only one other person I know of who's active on all of the graphic boards uses regularly. A couple of other people occassionally use that telltale, but they don't do it every time, nor are they drawn to forum brawls like a moth to a flame, nor are they known for a long history of cloning. And when I run that telltale here in the site search... TWO people come up acrost the board: BillyJ, and that person and their known clone ID's. ;] Won't convict in a court of law, but it would in a court of popular opinion where circumstanial evidence is the best you get. And no - I'm going to be a mean SOB and not say what the telltale is: you might change it and then I couldn't track you. I'll let you worry about it - it'll keep you happy and occupied. snicker

• Monkeysmell

ScottA ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 2:27 PM

I guess it's time to come clean. I am BillyJ. I'm also the actor inside Alf.

Ironbear ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 2:33 PM

Heh heh. You were my first guess, Scooter. But... no, yer not. ;]p~~~~~~

• Monkeysmell

elgeneralisimo ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 3:45 PM

"Mosca and the others who are so bent on getting an answer from the admins about the AOY: Just hush, and enjoy the holiday. It won't kill you to take a breather and relax, and let your blood pressure drop again..."

elgeneralisimo can see it now. Legume, Mosca, and others sitting motionlessly upon the floor, crystals clenched in their overly tensed white-knuckled fists, incessantly droning "Renderosity uber allis" until all of their worrisome thoughts are cleansed away...

Avalonne ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 6:34 PM

Silly people...at the risk of getting flamed, do you not have anything better to do? Happy Holidays.

Cheryle ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 6:43 PM

"do you not have anything better to do?" no

Ironbear ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 6:54 PM

Silly Avalonne - this is what we do. g Merry Christmass

• Monkeysmell

3-DArena ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 7:13 PM

roflmao

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

_Peter ( ) posted Sat, 28 December 2002 at 7:32 PM

I wuv you, you wuv me, we are just one big happy family......

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 7:24 AM

Cool, a game! May I play, too? :) I'll ante 3 dozen persimmon cookies. I'll say that BillyJ is really Dragonwalk. The overall appearance of the posts (usually short and then wallopingly verbose) and the minutiae of word choice (decent vocabulary, but spelling issues). The scattered quote marks and egocentrism strongly point to Ron Knights, but my neck hairs aren't rising with revulsion and RK has a couple of distinctive grammatical quirks which I haven't seen here. It's got to be Dragonwalk. Carolly

Mongo ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 8:20 AM

Wow! Astute observations! But beware! If all is true then they/he/she might create a clone to discredit and solve the riddle they have created.

Jackie ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 9:44 AM

wakes up.....yawns....waves at IB & Hawk.....giggles...rolls over & goes back to sleep

Chailynne ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 11:51 AM

I think you're right Carolly. Besides, I think Ron is still hiding under a rock somewhere. ;) Not to hard to spot him and his clones, he really sucks at hiding who he is.

BillyJ ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 12:07 PM

Interesting. I have not posted for well over a day and yet I still seem to be at the center of some bit of "contravesry" here? "I'll say that BillyJ is really Dragonwalk. The overall appearance of the posts (usually short and then wallopingly verbose) and the minutiae of word choice (decent vocabulary, but spelling issues). The scattered quote marks and egocentrism strongly point to Ron Knights, but my neck hairs aren't rising with revulsion and RK has a couple of distinctive grammatical quirks which I haven't seen here. It's got to be Dragonwalk." May I please be so daring as to ask you people exactly what this is about? I am talking about this reference to me being these other members here I can find little if any info on other than a LOT of posts at another forum. I do not understand why it is that just because someone happens to be a certain way or be new and caring about what is going on here, maybe not to the same efforts as a lot of other folks here that would rather run this place down every chance they get; or perhaps fashions a certain manner in their writings; right away they have to be someone else or have other motives?? If there is a lesson to be learned here somehow, someway, maybe that not all is ALWAYS as you people would like to "announce" it to be, because I assure you I AM Billy James. Perhaps my style and passion may be similar by the way I feel and write, but I am no more this DragonWalk or this Ron Knights as I would be Bill Gates or President Bush. There sems to be this relentless fear here that anyone willing to speak up or talk with compassion towards this art forum, or be too differential to what some strongly opiniated members of this site feel IS the way things SHOULD be, then right away I would just HAVE to be someone else or have some ulterior motive other than what I try to portray with what I say. That is really sad, and it is also very "low". It just goes to show how suspicious and also fragmented some outspoken people in this place have become, and yet, on another factor, there IS also a kind of unity here which impresses me, the one where a lot of you seem to enjoy banding together to try to have your own suspicions and almost fight tooth and nail to support each others contraversy for the moment. If this kind of "team effort" could all be harnessed somehow to solve the issues here with "respect" and "dignity" for the "good" of this "site" and the "members" as a "whole" rather than play these silly games of "clue", I really do wonder what might prevail from it all. If I were to actually tell you that I happen to know for a fact that the folks that bring this place to you day after day are indeed real human beings that do care, so that you can all come here for your creative or commercial reasons or suspicious spy games or just hang and party passions, or even if you feel the need to idle here for a sense of familiarity, I am sure so many of you would find me even more pallatable as some lunatic clone person ready for roasting. Okay, I will make your days somewhat more worthwhile here. If it will make so many of you feel better, I confess that I am not Billy James at all. I am a hybrid mix of both this DragonWalk and Ron Knights, out to take over this 3D Art Forum. I am sure this should now be more than enough contraversy to last well into the new year for many of you. If this is what you need to believe, then go for it. I know who I am and it makes no difference to me whether I can prove that I am Billy James or Oscar Wylde or anyone else because I have managed to cause many of you to "think" and be selfless enough to come together and solve some weird puzzle so many of you seem to have a need to make me into. If this will make even a small difference and somehow keep bringing you folks together and just maybe even generate some positive fallout or goodwill towards the fortune of everyone here, than you people are welcome to think of me as whomever you want. As for me, I am off to view some creativity in the galleries. And if you don't mind, I will keep my name "Billy James" because I am not into Dragons or Knights as much as some of you would like to assume me to be. I hope this does not disappoint you. I don't really mind if you want to keep imaginaing me to be whomever, just don't let these thoughts hurt anyone or this site on my account, that just would not be right at all. Have a good Sunday.

Ironbear ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 1:24 PM

Hrmmm.... You wanna run that one past us again, BJ, only try typoing it in English this time? I think you got it in one, Carolly. Just don't give away all of his telltales. ;] waves at Jackie Don't overinflate Billy. You're an amusing diversion - but that's all you are.

• Monkeysmell

jade_nyc ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 1:49 PM

Let me give you some advice BillyJ since you say you're a newbie here. You should try lurking for awhile and getting a feel for the forums before diving head first into threads like these. ;) That's a good way to get yourself roasted before you've even had a chance to make friends.

Badco ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 1:59 PM

Well, with a name like BJ, she can't be all that bad ? heh heh !:^>

3-DArena ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 2:01 PM

"If this kind of "team effort" could all be harnessed somehow to solve the issues here with "respect" and "dignity" for the "good" of this "site" and the "members" as a "whole"" Frankly it isn't our job to solve any issues here at all - I already have that job elsewhere. And thus far no complaints- we shall see down the road how that works out, but it's been 2 years.... "I am talking about this reference to me being these other members here I can find little if any info on other than a LOT of posts at another forum." I thought you said you didn't know of any other forums and were new to all of this? Maybe I misunderstood - or else you've done ALOT of background reading (good god! that must have been time consuming). "There sems to be this relentless fear here that anyone willing to speak up or talk with compassion towards this art forum, or be too differential to what some strongly opiniated members of this site feel IS the way things SHOULD be, then right away I would just HAVE to be someone else or have some ulterior motive other than what I try to portray with what I say" That kind fo rambles - but rest assured that strong opinions were never the issue - your immediate need to attack Mosca when if you are a newbie you couldn't possibly understand the frustration of long time members was the issue. Still you insist that you know the agenda of the admins/mods of this site, yet you are so new as to have no history here only a deep understanding of what's going on?? Come on! Even my admins and mods wouldn't claim to know all about me and I consider them friends, so why would a newbie who knows nothing of the history of my site. That being the case how could anyone claim to be able to "assure" us of the intentions of anyone other then themselves? Frankly I don't care if you are a clone - I do care (mildly) when you insist that everyone else prefers to start a fight therefore implying you are the only one making a valid point when frankly you haven't really made a point that has anything to back it up with from the history of contests on this site. Other than that it's just a dance that maybe you should learn the steps to ;-D

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

BillyJ ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 3:01 PM

LadySilverMage, (and I still do like your name), it is this Ironbear above that introduced me to "other art sites" which compelled me to "look around." I am not an idiot and I can manipulate the internet well enough to find my way around and I do enjoy the passion of reading the forums as much as I do looking at the various galleries. One of the reasons I began posting here is because I developed a sincere interest in becoming more involved in the community instead of just looking around. Unfortunatly I don't have much to offer other than writing and giving opinions because I am not an artist. After reading a lot around here I felt it was safe to participate even without having to post artwork. Yes, I have looked at everything available to me historically here, especially since I seem to have gotten myself into this contraversy here where some folks seem to believe I am here as some strange catch of the day and therefore a roasting we will go. I began looking at the history of this place long before I decided to state my opinion in the Copyright forum here. I would not just scramble myself into such a heated debate without at least knowing what some of the stuff here is about, and it is nice to know who these various members are. I also like to follow certain members here historically since I fancy their artistic talents and what they offer in a place like this and what they are all about. Mind you, time restraints and fragmentation does create limitations but I haven't just started doing this yesterday, I have been here long enough to know my way around. My own words should be proof of that, but I cannot understand why this makes me "suspicious" other than some of you almost hoping I am someone else for entertainment value, probably because I sound like someone else. Mongo, this is directed at you. Please do not feel any lesser or feel I am flaming you in any way because I say this, that is not my intention. You have stated that you are a clone person and that you felt the need to do this to protect that real side of you that participates upon this art forum so that you can give opinions and be on the discussion boards without fear of retaliation or finger pointing or this interfering with your real person format here. I find it very sad that you have to do this Mongo. You, and I am sure others like you obviously feel this place very worthwhile to your needs and as well you bring value to this Art Site in many ways and it to you, yet, you find it very difficult, almost impossible to be "yourself" here because you believe you cannot be both things at once. It should not have to be this way. But I can understand, especially when stuff like this happens. I get the feeling people here are ready to string me up here just for having a voice and wishing to be a part of the community only because I come into this with a varying opinion and a suspicious way of portraying myself. LadySilverMage I have nothing against Mosca, I don't even know Mosca. I would hope you realize that any person coming to this forum even today for the first time would realize Mosca is a very signifigant person here with all the posts thrown throughout this forum by Mosca. So is it wrong to direct opinion on such a loud person here? I seem to have stepped on several toes here unwillingly, but nevertheless, I have already been told this is a bad start on my part. Again I stress, if this is how some of you folks deal with newer unknown members that wish to participate here but may be different or too outspoken, then perhaps it is understandable that this site management has its' hands full. No wonder they make mistakes and no wonder they are not quick to bother replying. Their words might only be dissected and thrown into their faces too. Good Sunday

Ironbear ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 3:47 PM

Reads over preceeding drivel, starts to reply, gives up and collapses in laughter ROFL! Having fun Rad? ;]

• Monkeysmell

BillyJ ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 4:35 PM

Ironbear, what is Rad and why would it be fun? I seem to be missing something very crucial here.

Spiritbro77 ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 4:42 PM

"Reads over preceeding drivel, starts to reply, gives up and collapses in laughter" Yep Gotta agree IB I started to reply and said Fuck it, why bother. ....Pops open another beer and goes back to football......

Spiritbro77 ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 4:44 PM

Well BJ if you knew anything about this site you would know Rad wouldnt you???????? lmao DW you crack me up.Got any Liver?

BillyJ ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 5:00 PM

Actually didn't know, do now. Nevermind, I think all of you are the ones missing something very crucial here. But I am not in the mood to explain. Enjoy your Sunday.

BillyJ ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 5:38 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=304672&Start=1&Sectionid=8&WhatsNew=Yes

Here's looking at you all. I do admit this place is even more fun than I imagined, although a bit frustrating in these circumstances. Of all things about this place, the galleries here are the most relaxing to me because I can just look at pictures without folks assuming I am someone I am not. I suppose suspicion is a normal reaction to unfamiliarity. At least Homer Simpson knows me from Adam, or should I say this Rad, or DragonWalk, or Ron Knights, or whatever person may be next. We could make this fun and suggest I am even you Ironbear, pretending to be me pretending to be this Rad? Or Spiritbro77? I think if anything I would rather be LadySilverMage because that name is so catchy. Want to trade? On the other hand, she is a lady, wouldn't be right, and that would only get Homer excited and confuse my kids a lot. Good Sunday

Badco ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 6:56 PM

Well BJ, oh never mind !!!! On second thought.........nahhhh I just can't............ Hey IB, are you sure you didn't mean nad ?

Ironbear ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 7:01 PM

I'll thank you to keep my nads out of this, BadCo. ;]

• Monkeysmell

Badco ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 7:19 PM

Oh sure, its all about you ! hehe ! Your nuts..................

Ironbear ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 7:23 PM

"You're nuts, Doctor Jones!" "Yeah? What about them?"

• Monkeysmell

Badco ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 7:46 PM

Are you ok ? You seem a bit testy !

Spiritbro77 ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 11:18 PM

Well I dont know the dude but could this be a bebop clone?

BillyJ ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 11:52 PM

No, I am not bebop, I am not Rad, or Nad, I am not DragonWalk nor am I Ron Knights. I am also not HairBall or liftan or any of those variations of people. I am also not an Admin. Nor am I a Mod. I do not hate Mosca. I don't hate Blackhearted. I do not hate the Poser Pros place. I actually like Legume's artwork a lot. I do not work for Renderosity. I do not work for Curious Labs. I am not a clone. I am not a clown. I am not a troll. I am just BillyJ. And as you can see, I do know a lot; I read and learn. And one last thing, I really like art a lot; one good picture is worth a thousand and one forum posts. Happy Days

_Peter ( ) posted Sun, 29 December 2002 at 11:56 PM

Ok, I got what everyone was talking about with this RadArt stuff. So I did a search in the members photo gallery and this is what I came up with. Now, no way do those two look the same. One has to be in their '20's in their Disco outfit (stayin alive,stayin alive) the other looks to be in their late forties. If those two are the same, then I'll eat my shorts.

Ironbear ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 12:05 AM

Would you like some salt, and perhaps some catsup? ;]

• Monkeysmell

lynde ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 1:16 AM

where does Blackhearted fit into all of this?now really confused ;)

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 3:27 AM

Wow, does anyone here really believe that everyone posts their real pictures (or up to date pictures) of themselves here? ROFLMAO I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

Mongo ( ) posted Mon, 30 December 2002 at 3:40 AM

file_38090.gif

Yah-huh.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.