Sat, Sep 21, 3:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: The People Have Spoken

Lon Chaney ( ) posted Wed, 08 January 2003 at 8:15 AM

If anyone wants to see the bullcrap legume and his sub-moron buddies have been pulling just go to google.com and look up alt.slack in the newsgroups. They archive all the posts so you can read messages that have expired off your news server. Go back to the time of the AOY and you can read them hatch the whole plan. Then read him cry about it when he got caught. It would be funny if they weren't so damned retarded I wasn't really a legume hater before but I am now !! I never commented on his stuff before, didn't think it was good enough to look at much less comment on. I have my dues where do I sign up for this league ?

JeffH ( ) posted Wed, 08 January 2003 at 12:09 PM

Why hate Legume? You'll just make him very happy :-)

His pieces aren't complete until the hate messages are posted under each one. This is the art IMO.

The only trouble is that he has two modes, one that provokes to create, and the art that stands on it's own without the outside participation. It's a conflict.

One can expect to be rewared for the more traditional efforts, but that is cancelled out by the other.

I can't imagine that Doc would care much about the AOY, but maybe he does and that would be a weakness in the plan to me.

-JH.

ASalina ( ) posted Wed, 08 January 2003 at 12:37 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12357&Form.ShowMessage=1017828&Reply=1022253#191

Kendra wrote in #92: >and then there's the copy and pasting of forum comments >that they have their little fun with. I can only guess, but are you refering to my use of your comment in my .signature file? You had given me the impression that you didn't mind when I had told you that I wanted to do so. See the link above for that exchange.

hmatienzo ( ) posted Wed, 08 January 2003 at 1:39 PM

The real point is not really whether Legume deserved to win. Art is in the eye of the beholder, to paraphrase, but whether Rosity had the right to pull the right to VOTE away from us mid-stream! They feel they are above all rules and laws here, and can spoonfeed us little goodies like "This thread is locked", "This thread is going nowhere" or "Is this a personal attack?" when asked a simple question. One of these days it will come back to bite them in the collective arses... In the meantime, it's not worth to vote anywhere here.

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

Ironbear ( ) posted Wed, 08 January 2003 at 1:59 PM

"I can't believe the bitter little trolls at Renderosity!" Heck... I often can't believe the bitter little trolls at Renderosity. And I almost live here. ;] Caling "the league of Legume haters" a "League" would presume organization on their part. "Crowd" might be more descriptive. Or "Mob". If his AOM article is still up, you can see enought hateful comments in the comments field under it to bear out that there's more than a few. Ditto for threads in this forum dating to that timeframe.

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

illusions ( ) posted Wed, 08 January 2003 at 3:07 PM

hmatienzo: "The real point is not really whether Legume deserved to win. Art is in the eye of the beholder, to paraphrase, but whether Rosity had the right to pull the right to VOTE away from us mid-stream!"

Me: Yes, they did have the right, if they got wind of the alt.slack post about "flooding the vote". Yes, they did have the right, since they decided to make it an Admin/Mod vote after last years contest...the only problem is They didn't bother to communicate their reasons to us, nor did They bother to post the changes to the decision making process in a predominant place.

They have a right to do whatever They want, They also have an obligation to communicate their policies and decisions to the membership.

Cheryle ( ) posted Wed, 08 January 2003 at 3:14 PM

as long as it falls within state//federal laws of course.

Kendra ( ) posted Wed, 08 January 2003 at 10:36 PM

"I can only guess, but are you refering to my use of your
comment in my .signature file? You had given me the
impression that you didn't mind when I had told you that I
wanted to do so. See the link above for that exchange. "

No. It refers to discussions in the forums, pasted to the newsgroup where the "geniuses" comment on how stupid the poster is. If I didn't want you to use that I'd have said so. None of my quotes are original. :)

...... Kendra

Pressure ( ) posted Thu, 09 January 2003 at 10:38 AM

Wow, Legume came up with a whole new concept. I bet no one has ever thought of asking people to vote for them before. Wait until the politicians in Washington get wind of this. This will cause a revolution. Politicians will make speeches in public and promise things to people if they vote for them. Think of the implications. Imagine a world where people won elections because they had friends and alliances. What would this world come to?

Lon Chaney ( ) posted Thu, 09 January 2003 at 10:49 AM

Apples and oranges dude. This wasn't a political race. It was an art contest for this site. Bringing in people that have nothing to do with this site, and their multitude of clones just to vote for you is cheating,low down,and just plain wrong. If he wants to run for political office..more power to him. But that crap doesn't belong here. Now where are all thiose people that jumped on me for calling legume a cheater? He did and I was right..I have seen no apologies....hm

twillis ( ) posted Thu, 09 January 2003 at 12:01 PM

He didn't cheat, so no apology from me.

Pressure ( ) posted Thu, 09 January 2003 at 1:04 PM

Oh no, Lon, it's never political. Politics, I'm sure never enters into an election unless, well, it's political. Let's get one thing straight here and now Lon: Legume is my friend, has been for quite a while now. When he mentioned that he was in the running for artist of the year, I actually looked at the work of his competition before I committed my LEGITIMATE vote. I saw a lot of really good artwork that stood up very well and deserved to be in the running. Codini, also a friend, was in the running as well. The bottom line though was that Legume's art, whether you like it or not, always evokes an emotion. Legume has managed to make the message his medium. Yes, often his work is satirical and I would suppose if you imagine yourself to be the target of this, you'd find it uncomfortable. However, I can't deny that I always find his work interesting, provocative and razor sharp. If you can't see the art in that then maybe you should take a night class.

Kelmar ( ) posted Thu, 09 January 2003 at 1:39 PM

Art is subjective, that's that. Your opinion is your own. I think we can all agree on that. The problem is not whether or not certain individual got elected or not. The problem is the said person/ group had organized to commit election fraud, soliciting people to create multiple membership account just to stack the poll. Some of you may rationalize with the "his art is to be controversial, that's his type of art." and commiting such act as to hijacking the AOY election would be his "ultimate creation"! So I guess being fair, respecting people's Point of view and their freedom of speech can all take the back seat and put personal gain, prestige, pride or "my right to express what art is" to the top of the list then. After all, "I" am more important than everyone else in the world right?

Lon Chaney ( ) posted Thu, 09 January 2003 at 1:47 PM

I don't care if he's your bussom buddy and I'm not even talking about his art. I'm talking of rigging the vote with clones and people that have nothing to do with this site. That has nothing to do with art whatsoever. No need to go to class to figure that out. Your buddy legume canceled your vote when he invited non-members to come in and sway the vote, so cry on his shoulder. He not only caused your vote not to count but the vote of every legit member of Renderosity. As for legumes art. I don't care for it. Technically lacking and his wit not to my tastes. If I want political humor I'll head to comedy central. I come here for art not to get his political opinions shoved on me. Keep that crap in alt.slack as for codini....joined just for this circus side show and hasn't posted a thing since. I see things real clear. As was stated on a gallery image of legume's ( deleted of course so I can't give credit to the author) He's about as transparent as saran wrap as are his motives. Move along now

Pressure ( ) posted Thu, 09 January 2003 at 2:48 PM

Oh well, you know what they say about wrestling with pigs. (you know, you get dirty and the pig has fun). I am compelled though to say that I'm neither a "clone" nor a "sub moron" and I resent people like you who resort to name calling when they don't get their way. I believe I spanked my child once for such behavior. She learned, you can too. My final sugestion to you would be to do your art, make some friends and maybe next time someone can vote for you. I've never been one to enjoy a flame war and I generally avoid them at all cost so I'm going to excuse myself now from this pleasant little thread and move to greener pastures.

Lon Chaney ( ) posted Thu, 09 January 2003 at 3:14 PM

see ya. I do make my art have my friends and generaly enjoy life. If you had bothered to read some here you would know I have said to drop all the contests and the hot 20 a few times. I don't believe art should be a competition. I don't care about winning so I don't enter them. I'm also not worried about getting my way. In fact I haven't asked for anything. Just not to crazy about people that 1: have no gallery 2: have no history here 3: post nothing but negative posts 3: troll the galleries sounds kind of like you huh? Like you said wrestling with pigs... It will rub off on you. I have nothing to hide or be ashamed about. . Can you say the same for the friends you so valaintly stand up for ? I suggest you do move along to greener pastures...no sheep here!!

Lon Chaney ( ) posted Thu, 09 January 2003 at 3:17 PM

We need edit here. There are 4 points in the previous post don't let the 2 threes in a row mess you up.

dialyn ( ) posted Thu, 09 January 2003 at 3:40 PM

Edits would be a nice feature. No one is going to agree on this. The Legume devotees believe everything he does is wonderful, intelligent, witty and that it is a great loss to the community to have him gone. There are people, I suppose who hate him or who are jealous of him, or despise him and are glad to see the last of him. The vast majority of us don't care and have no interest in him....I never found his art or his postings to be particualrly interesting, or intellectually stimulating....but I understand that I am one of those few who also find the fascination for Adam Sandler a mystery but that doesn't keep his movies from making money. I am surprised that people are so attached to someone who has been outspoken on the topic of making fun of the people here and despising the community. Oh well. What is very sad is that no one on either side (members or administration) can be trusted to do the right thing. Legume didn't force anyone to vote for him...if people created clone accounts at his urging, it's because they have no ethics which says something sad about them and nothing particularly good about Legume (and I say "if" because I don't know if he did this or not--it's a subject I haven't researched and won't bother to because there are already too many people who can quote Legume chapter and verse). However, in Legume's honor, I provide the following amusement which seems to be at his level of ultra-sophisticated and social comment as I had privilege to experience it: The Genealogy of Mr. Jack Schitt The lineage is finally revealed. Many people are at a loss for a response when someone says, "You don't know Jack Schitt." Now you can intellectually handle the situation. Jack is the only son of Awe Schitt and O. Schitt. Awe Schitt, the fertilizer magnate, married O. Schitt, the owner of Needeep N. Schitt Inc. They had one son, Jack. In turn, Jack Schitt married Noe Schitt, and the deeply religious couple produced 6 children: Holie Schitt, Fulla Schitt, Giva Schitt, Bull Schitt, and the twins: Deap Schitt and Dip Schitt. Against her parent's objections, Deap Schitt married Dumb Schitt, a high school drop out. However, after being married 15 years, Jack and Noe Schitt divorced. Noe Schitt later remarried Ted Sherlock and, because her kids were living with them, she wanted to keep her previous name. She was then known as Noe Schitt-Sherlock. Meanwhile, Dip Schitt married Loda Schitt and they produced a son of nervous disposition, Chicken Schitt. Two other of the 6 children, Fulla Schitt and Giva Schitt, were inseparable throughout childhood and subsequently married the Happens brothers in a dual ceremony. The wedding announcement in the newspaper announced the Schitt-Happens wedding. The Schitt-Happens children were Dawg, Byrd, and Hoarse. Bull Schitt, the prodigal son, left home to tour the world. He recently returned from Italy with his new Italian bride, Pisa Schitt. So now when someone says, "You don't know Jack Schitt", you can correct them.

JeffH ( ) posted Thu, 09 January 2003 at 4:54 PM

:-)

Cheryle ( ) posted Thu, 09 January 2003 at 5:23 PM

Well Diayln i agree with most of what you said (and am not going to nit pick the parts i don't cause well- we will never agree upon those points) But overall a decent summary Now if i can just get the damn email me when someone replies to stop emailing me after i have unchecked it a few times grrrr....

ASalina ( ) posted Fri, 10 January 2003 at 1:14 AM

Lon Chaney said in #111:

This wasn't a political race. It was an art contest for
this site.

I beg to differ. Art is an expression of opinion. The
more well expressed that opinion is, the better the art
is judged to be. Politicians are elected based on how
well they can communicate their opinions (mud-slinging
tactics aside, and note that Legume never slung
mud against those with whom he competed).

The only real difference between an art contest and
a politcal race is the medium in which the opinions
are conveyed and the "prize" which is awarded to the
winners.

Bringing in people that have nothing to do with this site,
and their multitude of clones just to vote for you is
cheating,low down,and just plain wrong.

So how many "clone" votes did you count, Lon?

That's right; you have no way of knowing how many votes
were by clones, or if any were by clones. Therefor
your accusations are based entirely on speculation.

I've read through most of the threads you mention and
did not see Legume suggest that people create "clone"
accounts. I certainly never created a clone account.

Legume simply solicited votes in a forum other than here
on Renderosity.

P.S. I resent your slanderous "sub-moron" comment. It
was suggested that I have you banned for it. I'm not going
to though, as I believe that you (as everyone) have a
right to express your opinion freely. You do feel
the same way, don't you?

Lon Chaney ( ) posted Fri, 10 January 2003 at 2:42 AM

"Lon Chaney said in #111: >This wasn't a political race. It was an art contest for >this site. I beg to differ. Art is an expression of opinion. The more well expressed that opinion is, the better the art is judged to be. Politicians are elected based on how well they can communicate their opinions (mud-slinging tactics aside, and note that Legume never slung mud against those with whom he competed). The only real difference between an art contest and a politcal race is the medium in which the opinions are conveyed and the "prize" which is awarded to the winners." This is so far out there not sure how to respond. Art=politics LOL you've got to be kidding me right. Your streching on this one. I see no conection between an art contest and campaigning for office. Maybe the campaign signs are made by artist but from the ones I've seen I doubt it. Nice try but no way is an art contest like a political race unless your legume.

ASalina ( ) posted Fri, 10 January 2003 at 3:24 AM

Lon Chaney, Master of the Pratronizing Wise Crack: >Here I'll help you. go to google.com. then click on groups. >type in alt.slack. then search for legume. if you look >you'll find it. Read >all that then come back and try to convince me what legume >did is right. What Legume did is right. What others may have done is wrong. Is that simple enough for you, or should I post a Poser scene depicting what I've said?

Lon Chaney ( ) posted Fri, 10 January 2003 at 7:40 AM

Wrong what legume did was wrong. He knew they would do that because they did it to get him to the AOM. Your acting as if legume just posted his vote for me message then went on his merry way without ever going back. You are livivng a fantasy. He knew exactly what would happen so don't give me the legume is innocent >------------------------------------------------------ > Legume hunched over a computer, typing feverishly; > thunder crashed, Legume laughed madly, then wrote: > > > > >Hey, go to this site and vote for me as Renderosity Artist of the Month! > > > >http://www.renderosity.com/index.ez?viewStory=1258 > > You have to be a member to vote. They wouldn't let me. > Don't worry about the registration, it's painless. You just click the 'Join Now!' button on the right menu bar. You don't have to leave any important information, though they do verify your email address (no doubt to sell to spammers, though I haven't noticed any increase in my daily spam since I signed on). It also deposits a cookie in IE, but that means you can also Copy & Paste the URL to vote on Legume's stuff: http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=Legume Do it, dude! It's fun! I haven't seen as amusing a stunt for baiting artistes since I was in school. Most of these guys are in the 'Amateur SF/Fantasy Artists Who Can't Get Breasts Right' category of the Geek Hierarchy, so you can imagine how humorless they are. It's great. You'll feel so clean afterwards. You can also see / vote for my 'hommages' to Legume's work: http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=MrJim Smiles, Your Reverend Jim ------------------------------------------------ here is another gem from the newsgroup ------------------------------------------------------- Legume wrote: > > http://www.renderosity.com/index.ez?viewStory=2510 Okay, I'm all signed in. I'm looking at the page. Now where the HELL does it say anything to the effect of "click on this link to vote for Legume"? Sure, it says "Before you cast your vote, take a moment to browse through the galleries of our nominees:" Which has nothing to do with actually voting. Please to spoon-feed me step-by-step instructions. Didn't we do this last time? -- "Who hasn't barfed up a slug or two?" --Juniper Greenwood, Wizard -------------------------------------------------- can't even figure out how to register and vote LOL here is another good one -------------------------------------------------- > Maybe they just didn't want the winner to be an ASSHOLE who > DELIBERATELY FUCKS WITH THEM and tries to STUFF THE BALLOT BOX. Maybe > roping in a lot of folks who are not otherwise involved or interested > and getting them to vote for you is what THEY think a fix is. Being > an asshole and a BABY, now that is not good. Some people NEED to be fucked with, Nenslo. I'd think YOU would understand that more than anyone. And I only "fuck with them" in the capacity that I don't post the same generic Poser pin-ups that inundate the site. As for "stuffing the ballot box", hey, it's no sin to have people who like my artwork outside the boundaries of the site, and there's no rule that says I can't campaign off-site for votes. Frankly, I should be artist of the Year there because I'm the only one of all the candidates who isn't trapped into creating images of the same genre over and over...genres that have already been fucked to death by a thousand other artists there. -- Legume ----------------------------------------------------- more you say. sure here's another -------------------------------------------------------- So get your own website and then YOU decide what happens there. It's their website and they run it the way they want to. Every asshole who gets his kicks out of jerking people around for his own pleasure thinks he's doing them a BIG FAVOR. Stop lying to yourself; you're not MEAN, NASTY AND HATEFUL as an exercise in philanthropy, you do it because you enjoy it and that's the name of that tune. The reason so much of the art at Renderosity is similar is because THAT'S WHAT THEY LIKE. They aren't into being all "creative" or "daring" or fucking with people's heads. They're into doing what interests them and showing it to each other. You went into THEIR environment and you're all "oh I got cheated" because you can't force them to do things according to your whim. GET THIS - normal people DON'T LIKE being agitated, disturbed, fucked with and jerked around. It does NOT improve their lives or make them happier. It does NOT make the world a better place to screw things up for the normals just because you are an asshole. They are the ones who keep everything running so we can loaf around and think of fucked up concepts and show them to each other. THEY are not the target audience for that sort of thing, THEY are not capable of appreciating it, and if you insist on thrusting fucked up concepts in the faces of normals they will suddenly and shockingly change things so you can't do it any more. That's the world you are living in, so don't be a whiney baby about it. Take what you get and like it. I've got a whole closet full of fucked up art that NOBODY wants to see and I have the sense to keep my big yap shut about it and not further humiliate myself by acting like the world is unfair and I am so unappreciated. SUCK IT UP, YOU FUCKING PUSSY. DON'T BE SUCH A GODDAMN PANTYWAIST. --------------------------------------------------- this was from one of the regulars of alt.slack below is legumes responce -------------------------------------------------- Cram it up your wrinkled old ass, you geriatric pig-felcher. If I want your fucking opinion I'll fetch your teeth out of the glass and stuff them in you withered old pie hole. In other words: "Shut Up, Nenslo". -- Legume ---------- Oh he is just the guy for the AOY. Sorry guy you'll have to do much better than that if you want to convince me. yes I'm patranizonizing you because you legume supporters seem to want to gloss over this stuff as if legume knew nothing and I'm not falling for it. You better post a poser scene because your words arn't convincing me.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.